LDAP not displaying names

Hi, help please...
We are running Outlook 2000 connecting to a Fortress mail
server, using LDAP to bring up the internal address book,
but on the first entry into outlook the LDAP address book
is empty and a blank search has to be done to bring up the
list of names in our address book. Then outlook works fine
until it is stopped and started and the search has to be
done again.
Is there a way around this so no search has to be done on
LDAP for our address list to be displayed?

Thanks
Michael

Michael,

I don't believe Outlook 2000 has this capability, which is why support for
Virtual List Views (VLV) was added in Outlook 2002. The Virtual List Views
feature in Outlook 2002 give Global Address List-like functionality in the
Address Book if the VLV is enabled on the LDAP server.

Hope this helps.

--
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

"Michael Thorn" <michael.thorn@kswaste.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi, help please...
> We are running Outlook 2000 connecting to a Fortress mail
> server, using LDAP to bring up the internal address book,
> but on the first entry into outlook the LDAP address book
> is empty and a blank search has to be done to bring up the
> list of names in our address book. Then outlook works fine
> until it is stopped and started and the search has to be
> done again.
> Is there a way around this so no search has to be done on
> LDAP for our address list to be displayed?
>
> Thanks
> Michael

0
gregmans (163)

LDAP #3
Migrating from Netscape to Outlook. Set up LDAP in Outlook. I am getting message: "Insufficientrights to browse this directory" I can access this directory from outlook express but not Outlook XP. What gives? ...

file names and path. How text to columns from right to left
I have an export file that is a list of file names Some times the name is 3 deep sometimes more: O:\Shared\700 Club\700 Club Information.doc O:\Shared\Accounting-IT\Invoices\Pack America\Pack America - Glen Tyler.doc I am need to get these in columns so that the file names all line up. So...I need to delimited starting from the right with the \ as the deliminator. My data is in column A. I would probably start 10 columns over pasting the first data (file name) as I do not know how deep the deepest file path is. Is there a way to do this??? Your description is not completely c...

LDAP Server
I have added an LDAP server as a service in Outlook. It normally works fine, but the problem is when searching for a name which is duplicated (common name), only the last person is returned in Outlook. I have captured packets and found that in one case 5 results are being returned, but only 1 is displayed in Outlook. I have tested this on both Outlook 2000 SP 3 and Outlook XP SP 2. Does anyone know why Outlook filters results and only displays the last result from the query? Thanks for your help Sure I will email you with the info Thanks, Mike On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:18:23 -0400,...

Last name first
hey all long time no talk. I have a list of names all in one colum, I need to put them into two colums with the last name in the first and first name in the 2nd. I think I saw a formula once to do this if someonen could refresh my memory it'd be alot of help and very time consuming. Use Data>Text to columns in the menubar Andre -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Andr´┐Ż" <andre.morin@thecityofnorthbay.com> wrote in message news:067701c37de2$ca4e0ee0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hey all long time no talk. I have a list of name...

Save single worksheet from workbook using the sheet name?
Gday, I have had a search through some of the previous questions and I cant quite find what I am looking for, I have a master sheet which I split into seperate sheets using one of Debra Dalgleishs macros all works fine. However my next step is to save each of these sheets into seperate folders using the individual sheet name. As ever I hope this isnt too muddled a question! Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA Ajay Ajay, You need to copy it to its own workbook and save that Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "myfile.xls" -- H...

Merging Multiple Records into Name Tags
How do I merge a list of 20 attendees into the Name Tag Label design and end up with a full sheet of 20 different names instead of 20 sheets, each with 12 labels of the same name? I've unsuccessfully tried both a mail merge and a catalog merge. A few clarifications to my original message... A sheet of these labels allows for only 8 name tags, so my numbers (20/sheet and 12/sheet) were off. I was exaggerating for emphasis! Not really. Anyway, the real issue is how do I get a sheet full of different names using this name tag design template? I also made up a fake database of 20 names...

Outlook 2003 POP3 Downloaded Messages, but Not displaying
Hello, Here's my situation. I just ghosted this laptop hard drive and everything seemed fine. I went to check my POP3 email accounts (3 of them) and it showed "downloading xx of 365 messeges", but it didnt' display them. I then did a repair install of Office 2003 and went to check my email again and well still no messages. After the repair it's downloading and displaying all new incoming mail, but it's not displaying those 365 messages from the first go round. The problem is that this laptop is set to download and remove the messages form the server so I cannot a...

ldap query for address list
my organization is now migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. after migration, i just couldn't find a way to get that sorting of address book view like in exchange 5.5 that sort the gal by grouping (e.g, sort by company then department). will it is possible that the custom ldap query will do sorting like sql statement (group by) or (order by)? ...

display the cell that produced a result
Is there any way in Excel to display, or get, the cell that produced a result. I am using the LARGE command to find the largest value in an array. I then need to know which cell it came from. Is there any way of obtaining that and displaying it somewhere? Thanks for the help. By cell you mean cell reference like A1,B14 etc then use this =ADDRESS(MATCH(LARGE(A1:A100,1),A1:A100,0),COLUMN(A1:A100),4) where a1:a100 is the range where you are seeking the largest value out of. In case of a tie between 2 or more large values it will display the cell reference of the first "Jerry...

CFileDialog not displaying items
I am creating an application in MFC vc++ in 2003.net. I have developed the application and I started testing only to find a simple problem that is proving most difficult. code: // Create an Open dialog CFileDialog fdlgOpenOperatorFile (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST| OFN_HIDEREADONLY, NULL, 0); //fdlgOpenOperatorFile.m_pOFN->lpstrFilter = "Config Files\0*.*\0\0"; fdlgOpenOperatorFile.DoModal(); on calling the .DoModal() the dialog appears and I can see files and folders as normal, however, when I come to look into 'My Computer' it does not display an...

Create columnar report with field names once per page
I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I would like to generate a multi column report for several records but only list the Field Name titles once on the left hand side of the paper. Check out the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208491/en-us. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ch." wrote: > I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the > aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I...

Strange Display Issue
I have encountered an Excel file where the table has been resized to about 1/4 of the size of the main Excel window. See here for a screencap: http://drop.io/5uv2svl/asset/strange-excel-display-jpg I have looked at all the settings in Excel and can't figure out how to make the table go back to full screen. This appears in both Excel 2003 and 2007. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line ...

How to display Xml
Is there any way to display XmlReader in WebBrowser control like IE does? ...

Changing server name after activation
Hi, I'm using Windows server 2008 R2 Standard. Whether changing the Server name after product activation will cause problem? How does microsoft identifies my WS is genuine? By the server name or ...? Daniel Petri has a good article: http://www.petri.co.il/rename-windows-server-2008-domain-controllers.htm And I think no. Adding ram, changing cpu or mobo may require reactivation. "Vijay chandar" <vijaychandar1989@gmail.com>, iletide sunu yazdi news:FA3327C4-8709-4F2D-99D3-7842CF86B082@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I'm using Windows server 2008 R2 St...

Excel 07
OK, I'm not new to Excel, just 07. And this is killing me. I have a user who uses Excel to track discussions of phone interviews, so she's using one cell in which to type her comments. MOST of the time, the text is fine. Randomly, any given cell will suddenly appear as all pound signs. Thes eare the things I have tried and failed to prove consistent fixes: 1 - number of characters is irrelevant, happens on long and short text 2 - I make sure there is no hard return at end of text 3 - copy /past into plain text and bring back (sometimes works, sometimes not) 4 - changed font across...

Display Account Description and Vendor Name
I am using version 2.5 and would like to be able to modify the printer friendly report that is generated from Requisition Management. Currently the Account number and Vendor ID print but I would like to add the Account Description and Vendor Name. How do I modify the report or has this been addressed in a subsequent version. ...

copying cell names
How can I copy cell names from one spreadsheet to another? Hi Al Not sure what you mean with "cell names". If you are referring to the contents of the cell, you can either select the cell, press <Ctrl><C>, go where you want to paste, and press <Ctrl><V>, or you can go to where you want it on the other sheet, type in = click on the source sheet, click on the particular cell, and hit <Enter> -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "Al" wrote: > How can I copy cell names from one spreadsheet to an...

LDAP
I am trying to configure the Sun Java System Web proxy server. However, I am having some tech issues. It won't let me create any groups unless I use a LDAP server. Does anyone know where I can get one for free and still be able to deploy it on my computer. I only want to use it for my proxy server. Thank you!!!!!! Jacob Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'll need to find a more appropriate newsgroup to which to repost your question. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

Outlook 2000 Inbox not displaying contents.
I run Outlook 2000 on XP Home. I get a message "Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings......\outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications and then use the inbox repair tool." When I run the inbox repair tool it goes through to phase 7 or 8 and then says I need to run SCANDISK. I have run the disk checker tool and also ran CHKDSK after a re-boot. I ca copy the contents to another folder and view them fine, just can't view the default Inbox. Could I delete Outlook, re-install and correct my problem? Is there an ...

LDAP error
Hi, I'm testing a LDAP connection to my companies Active directory server and I'm getting the "An invalid dn syntax has been specified." error all the time. Here is my code: Dim entry As New DirectoryEntry() entry.Path = "LDAP://xxxxxx.company.se:389" entry.Username = "uid=MYAPP,ou=users,ou=internal,o=company" entry.Password = "yyyyyyyyy" entry.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure Dim search As New DirectorySearcher(entry) search.ExtendedDN = ExtendedDN.Standard search.Filter = "(&...

IBM Surepos 500 Display
Hi, We have just starting using IBM SurePOS 500s with RMS and I have come to a standstill trying to configure the in built line display. We usually use Epson OPOS drivers (Using T88VI printers) and i'd like to try and get the display working with this if possible, but if there is a different OPOS equivilent out there I would be happy to try that. Any ideas? Thanks, Matt Hey Matt, yes, it is possible to use Epson LineDisplay with IBM 500. You can use a USB or RS232 depending on availability of the ports on IBM 500. MS RMS, way to go... ------------------------------------- matthew...

Auto display pictures.
Anyone know how I can put outlook to auto display attach pictures of email, like outlook express? Thanks Arnaldo Giacomitti Junior. You can't -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arnaldo Giacomitti Junior" <arnaldo@giacomitti.com.br> wrote in message news:evzQjm5jEHA.636@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how I can put outlook to auto display attach pictures of > email, like outlook express? > > Thanks > Arnal...

LDAP Active Direcotry
Hi everyone, When I open Contact in MS Outlook 2000, it always search for LDAP active directory first, then it will give an error. Simply because I don't have LDAP. Where should I go to take that option out. Thanks in advance. ...

Combine several Names in one folder with if-formula
Hello, how is it possible to calculate with the same Content (e.g.Emailadress exists 5 times) and to sum up the revenue which are made through this emailadress? Is it possible with the if-formula? Thanks vicky -- Vic1978 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vic1978's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491409 Do you mean =SUMIF(A:A,"someone@somewhere.com",B:B) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing di...

Display images on a running form
I have table with information fields which belongs to images stored on the network. So in my table I also have a field with the path to each image. Now we display every record in single modus, but if you look for a specified image, it is hard to search. Now I want to display the form showing all records at once (running form mode...?), but the problem is that is shows the same image (the first one) at all records. I do not want to have the images in the table (database), but want to use the path because there are a lot of images. Is there a way that I can use the running form mode and displa...