launch custom outlook form from a hyperlink

How can I launch a custom outlook 2000 form from the
hyperlink.  Is there a client side script that can do this?
0
anonymous (74717)

How to use PagePaintHook to customize PageSetup dialog? #2
Hello, I'm trying to customize the PageSetupDialog in VC++. I have added 2 new edit boxes - Height and Width to the dialog. I have used the PageSetupHook to trap the messages related to the new controls. This works fine. However, I need to update the preview that is shown at the top of the dialog based on the height and width entered by the user. I have tried using PagePaintHook to draw the margin rectangle by trapping the WM_PSD_MARGINRECT message. I have sent the WM_PSD_MARGINRECT message on changing the the height and width in the PageSetupHook procedure. But the margin rect...

Set form's property when opening it
I would like to open a form by setting some properties: eg. using DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acWindowNormal setting the record navigator visible/invisible Is it possible? Hi Alan You can set the navigation properties immediately after opening the form... DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acWindowNormal Forms![frmEmployee].NavigationButtons = True or in the forms open even... Me.NavigationButtons = True If neither of these is suitable, then you could use the OpenArgs argument like... DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmploye...

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

problem with importing customizations into 3.0
I need to import a customizations file from another system. I load up customizations file, it shows me many entities in the list, I click on the Import All Customizations button, the "Importing Customizations" dialog comes up and stays forever with the Ok button disabled (well, at least for more than 4 hours). Same happens if I select just one entity from the list and use the "Import Selected Customizations" option. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 Clear type
Is there a way to turn off the clear type in Outlook 2007? -- Thank you, John Gregory ...

Outlook notification of new mail. #2
The notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Is there any work around for the above so that a notification does show when the new mail is sent to another folder when using a rule? ...

How do you do this in the latest Outlook versions?
I used to be able to create an outlook object, take rich text from the rich text control and put it in an outlook message and send it. In the latest versions of outlook, it doesn't interpret the text as rich text. What am I missing? Thanks!!!!!!!! Bob Bartel MarketWare Can you provide exact steps to reproduce the issue? I don't know what you mean by "take rich text from the rich text control." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpsta...

Outlook 2003 Cached mode #2
We are using cached Exchange mode on our outlook 2003 clients. Users in our call center have multiple mailboxes open in their outlook. i.e. there are 2 shared mailboxes that everyone opens that they receive email on. The problem is that if you are using cached mode it caches all the accounts that you open. Each of the shared mailboxes is around 500MB and then the users mailbox is 200MB. So they all have HUGE ost files. Is there a way around this? Shared mailboxes shouldn't be cached, only public folders if they have it enabled in the account configuration. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

how to custom ARC()?
i've customed a circle() which can draw circles without using the Ellipse() in VC before, now i wanna custom my ARC() and the parameters will be the center of a circle ,start points,end points.but i got a problem. i hope anybody who know it can tell me how to do ? thank you very much! What is the problem? Seems like simple arithmetic. joe On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 06:52:58 -0700, "alger" <algerfirst@hotmail.com> wrote: >i've customed a circle() which can draw circles without >using the Ellipse() in VC before, >now i wanna custom my ARC() and the paramet...

Anyone using Auto Accept Agent with a customized XML config file?
Is anyone using the Auto Accept Agent and has customized the agent's XML config file to give customized repsones for individual mailboxes or change from the agent default settings? I have followed the Auto Accept Agent administration guide to the letter on this with no luck. the agent always uses its default settings. The XML file is valid and there are no messages in the logs. Restarting the service doesn't help either. This is on an Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition server running on W2K3 Server SP1. I haven't run across anyone who has it working, only a few like me who c...

Outlook 2007 wont open
Using Win7 and Office 2007, outlook 2007. When i open outlook it starts to open and then I get a popup that says "Cannot start Microsoft oulook. Cannot open the outlook window" Did a restore from an earlyer time but that did'nt work. -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com Never mind I found this and it worked. Start->run..then type the following -> "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" -- -----------------------------...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Need to turn off hyperlinks
Hello, I'm typing a list of the different ports that different servers and IP numbers must use. Everytime I go into a cell and add text that looks like another port name and number - Excel wants to make it a hyperlink. My FTP program keeps opening when I hit return to leave the cell. How can I turn off this annoying behavior. Thanks, Jerry Precede the entries with an apostrophe, it's not visible in the cell. You can also run a macro after you have entered them, example could be found here -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jerry" <gweir@simplicity.com> wrote in mes...

Can't access Customization (Customize Entities)
I have a user who is an administrator and can't see the customization tab under setttings for customize entities. How can I fix this? -- Onetreeup This can accure when: Outlook whith the CRM client is started. The chosen language of the user is not te same as the base language. -- http://www.nauta-automatisering.nl "Onetreeup" wrote: > I have a user who is an administrator and can't see the customization tab > under setttings for customize entities. > > How can I fix this? > -- > Onetreeup Yes, I have experienced that, but the user is openin...

outlook bug with attached message #2
I have recently tripped over a bug in outlook 2003 sp1. Here is how I duplicate the issue. a) Creat a new task item. b) drag and drop an email message into the task note area c) left click, hold and drag the message, and then release mouse button. d) now the attached message appears like an image with the small black square handles in corners and on sides. At this point, I can no longer double click, or right click to open the attached message. Once this occurs, the message I dropped into the task is no longer available. It seems that the link to the message gets destroyed and now I ...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

MS Outlook attachments field
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but here goes anyway! When you are composing a message and you want to include an attachment, it automatically puts it in the body of the text. Does someone know how to have it default to a seperate field under the Subject field? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Regards Damian Change your message format to Plain Text or HTML and you should get the separate field. Rich Text format puts the attachment icon in the message body. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply...

Vendor/Customer Setup
I'm running GP9 and I don't have the option of: Tools - Setup - Company - Customer/Vendor Setup Any ideas? David, Most likely you are not registered for Customer/Vendor Consolidations - it is a separate module. You can tell if you are registered for a module by going to Help > About Microsoft Dynamics GP > Options and scrolling through the list in the middle - it will have a check in the Registered column for all modules you own. (Note: do this in your live company, not Fabrikam.) Hope that helps. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Dav...

Outlook Search issue
A normal Outlook email FIND begins searching new items and then searching to the oldest items. Lately, out of my 1200 users, 300 of them so far have complained that the FIND function searches older items first, then searches newest items. Nothing has changed, nor SP or hotfixes etc. Has anyone seen this issue or does anyone know how to correct it? Help is appreciated Scott On Jun 21, 9:13 am, scott...@gmail.com wrote: > A normal Outlook email FIND begins searching new items and then > searching to the oldest items. > > Lately, out of my 1200 users, 300 of them so far have com...

Disabling Outlook ----
Any way of disabling Outlook for certain users or certain subnets. I can block ports on the subnets but do not want to disable other Microsoft Features like file sharing... you do not block outlock by blocking ports. you have better ways of doing it. look at software restrictions in Group policy for blocking the use of programs. -- Omer Maydan MCSE, Security+ "Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c25901c47a29$14aa00f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any way of disabling Outlook for certain users or certain > subnets. I can block ports on the ...

Custom Fields on CRM based reports
We have customised our copy of CRM and need to get the custom fields (CFSTestField for example) onto our Crystal Reports, but when using the CRM connection, it only seems to return the standard fields. Has anyone managed to get custom fields added to crystal reports without going to the database directly? In order for the custom fields to appear, you will need to verify the database from within Crystal Reports. After opening the report use the Verify Database option on the Database menu Good luck. ...

Stationaries in Outlook
Does anyone know how to create templates in Outlook??? Like a newsticker you want to fill with different information every week. Thanks!!! (this used to be very simple in Lotus Notes..) Hi, It seems that there are many ways to create templates in Outlook. The simplest one, in my view : 1. Create a message, in any format you like (plain text, RTF, HTML), add all elements you like 2. Save it as an OFT file 3. Go in the file explorer, drag the file and drop it on your Outlook bar 4. Every time you click on this shortcut in the Outlook bar, it creates an instance of the template. Frederic &q...

Recurring outlook appointment
Hi everyone, I am setting outlook appointments from ms access and want to be able to set the recurrence. However the recurring event is not simple. I have 6 events (1,2,3,4,5,6). I want; Monday - 1 Tuesday - 2 Wed - 3 Thu - 4 Fri - 5 Mon - 6 Tue - 1 Wed -2 Thu - 3 Fri - 4 Mon - 5 Tue - 6 etc etc Eg continuing cycle of events without including weekends. Is this possible and if so how do i set this in code? Would setting the recurrence to happen every 8 days work? Event 1 every 8 days starting on Monday, Event 2 every 8 days starting on Tuesday, etc. -Lauri "keri" <keri.d...

Outlook 2007 and Desktop Search stopped working...
I have outlook 2007 and desktop search 3 runing on XP. Desktop search does not index my pst files, or at least it is not turning up results for email. I since recreated my pst file and moved everything over to the new pst file, but that did not fix it. I reinstalled desktop search 3. That did not fix it. Can anyone help me? Outlook 2007 shows up in the list of locations to index. Also, in Outlook 2007, Options, Search I have selected the two pst files I want to search. When I add or uncheck these files and restart outlook, the number of items indexed in Desktop Search 3 does not ch...

Custom Views #3
I am having a problem with custom views. On a certain spreadsheet, a new custom view is being created any time a new user opens it. Also, whenever a user modifies the spreadsheet, it updates to the custom view that is automatically created under their name. Is ther any way that I can stop these views form being created automatically? ...