Last Name First Name Fiddled and Fiddled and still stumped

It is giving me a migraine. Trying to transfer over contacts from
Outlook into a Nokia 6230. They always come as First Name Last Name,
when I need them to come Last Name First Name. I am guessing it is a
problem with Outlook, but they displayed as Last Name First Name in
Outlook. I have fiddled and fiddled with Outlook, gone through all the
various helps, and now through myself on your mercy.

Any spelling mistakes due to eyes glazing over and loss of will to
live. I am going for a syndol.

If the names are not appearing correctly in the Nokia, how is this an
Outlook problem? You should be asking the manufacturers of your
synchronization software.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"MTHB" <MTHBrennan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It is giving me a migraine. Trying to transfer over contacts from
> Outlook into a Nokia 6230. They always come as First Name Last Name,
> when I need them to come Last Name First Name. I am guessing it is a
> problem with Outlook, but they displayed as Last Name First Name in
> Outlook. I have fiddled and fiddled with Outlook, gone through all the
> various helps, and now through myself on your mercy.
>
> Any spelling mistakes due to eyes glazing over and loss of will to
> live. I am going for a syndol.

0
russval (3097)

Running Variable-Named Functions with Arguments
I am trying to use a variable to run a function, which works fine with the following command: Run NameOfFunction HOWEVER, when I try to add variable-named arguments, Access 2007 reports an error message and fails. I have tried: Run NameOfFunction (Argument1, Argument2) -- which Access accepts but fails on running I have tried removing the parens ("(") but Access will not allow that coding. What should I be doing? LA Lawyer - If there are items you need to pass in to the function, then you need to do something like this: Run NameOfFunction, Argu...

setting up outlook for the first time #2
basically can someone tell me what the prcedures are to set up outlook to work with my hotmail, or just basically how can i set it up to send and receive emails.when i click send /receive, it comes up with error code (ox800cc32) access to the account was denied, the server responded "authorization requested" new to this <new to this@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > basically can someone tell me what the prcedures are to set up > outlook to work with my hotmail, or just basically how can i set it > up to send and receive emails. Since this information varies w...

Find the last, 2nd last and 3rd last data in a column
I have data listed in several colums and need to create a formula to detail the last (most recent) 2nd last and 3rd last piece of data in the column. I have used the following formula to display the last but cant edit this or create another formula to get the 2nd and 3rd last pieces of data. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A:A<>0),A:A) Thanks in advance Jamie If there are no empty cells in the range: last cell: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-1) semi-penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

Defined names in charts
I was messing around with Stephen Bullen's special chart http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=ChtFrmla.zip that automatically graphs an equation with no actual x,y's on the worksheet. I wanted to take it a step further, and use it automatically graph a function I use in the form of PIArcVal("807btu15v",x,0,). The function evaluates fine with an = sign. But using the default Y defined name =EVALUATE(Line!$B$7&"+x*0") all I get is a chart with the first x and y=1 (instead of 1900). Now if I remove the business with... &"+x*0" I get x...

How long will my capital last
Hi If I had a capital sum of say �100,000 and I was taking an annua income of 5% and I was getting 3.5% interest annually - Can you help m demonstrate how long my capital last? Thank you Dust -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dusty, =3DNPER(3.5%,-5000,100000,0) If, by 5%, you mean 5% of the original investment (=A35.000 each year), = your money will last for approximately 35 years at 3.5% interest. See Excel Help for more info on NPER(). Regards, Anders Silven "Durhamr" <Durhamr.yajun@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:Durhamr.yajun@excelf...

Multi-select listbox question
I have a multi-select listbox and wish to obtain data from the last clicked record in the listbox (you'll notice that if you make multiple selections then only the last-clicked record has a dotted line around it). What, if any, listbox property identifies this record as last-clicked? Thanks Dave -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

why is my last digit converted to zero?
I'm using Excel 2003 and when I enter a 16-digit number or cut and paste a 16-digit number, the last digit is converted to zero. This does not happen with 15 digits or fewer. Excel's numeric precision is 15 decimal digits. If you need to calculate with the number, you probably won't miss anything. If the number is a key, such as a creditcard number, add an apostroph (single quote, " `") before it; it will not show, but it will cause the number to be treated as text. Another way is to format the cell as text before entering the number -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten ...

Outlook doesn't always detect names or address book entries.
For this example, I used a hotmail account, and a Lycos account. When replying to the email sent from the hotmail account, the name used is automatically detected, but when replying to the email sent from Lycos, the name is not detected. I tried this before both contacts had been added to my address book, and after they had both been added For more info, here's the screenshot: http://members.lycos.co.uk/babylon501/outlook-problem.gif I don't usually have a problem with the auto name detection regardless of whether the sender is added in my address book or not (as it should be, right...

My Name is Not In the To Box Criteria
Can someone tell me what the definition of "my name" is in the rule criteria "my name in not in the to box". Is this based on the email account name field? What happens if you have multiple accounts created? ...

Japanese in file names
I have little or no problem using Japanese within a word or entourage document (apart from sometimes yampy character display within a word document that can be irritating), but none of the office apps can handle Japanese in the file names. Totally screws it up. Does anyone else suffer from the same problem, and if so can it be fixed, without buying a Japanese version of office. If I do get a Japanese version of office, is it possible to get the menus up in English? ...

how to retrieve current values assigned for names used in EXCEL?

Need help in searching last occurrence of string in text file
Hi , I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from u. I have one huge text file and i want to search last occurrence of string in that file and then cut the data after that searched line till end of file and paste it into a new text file. Any help appreciated. thanks in advance. How huge is "huge" (in Megs)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) <sameer2211@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8cb08938-cf0e-4925-95bb-725f72df9f8d@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com... > Hi , > > I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from > u. > I hav...

How do insert name automatically atop of each pg of doc?
Hello, How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting page numbers? My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I have not been able to do so. This is a new program for me, Word 2007. I have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because for this. Thanks for your help. Click on the Insert tab of the Ribbon and then in the Header and Footer section, click on Header and make your choice from the options presented or click on the Edit Header button to get a blank header pane in which to insert the name in the...

Contact Full Name not being populated through Workflow rule
In the Workflow manager under Case, I have a Create workflow fule that upon certain conditions creates a CRM task for me. In the Description of the task I am including several "slugs" One for the Case Number, one for the Account name, one for the Contact full name, and one for the case subject title. All work except the contact full name. It never returns anything. I am not sure if this is a limitation of these programs, the way we have it configured, or me. Could someone please instruct me on how to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Jarrad In your test record, Is the Case...

Last logged on by
Hello! Using exchange 2003. When I look under Adminstrative groups -> Server -> "name" -> First storage group -> mailbox store -> mailboxes you can se all the mailboxes that you have and last logged on by. Under last logged on by I can se that one person (me) have logged on on to diffrent acconts, even if I havent don it. WHAT is this? Best regards Micke Micke: Did you use your account as the service account for anti-virus or spam? Also, IIRC, even if you view someone's Outlook Calendar, it would mark the mailbox as being logged on by you. Regards...

range names in pivot tables
Is there a way to categorize data by named ranges of the column headings rather than individual column headings? I need to be able to pivot between certain ranges rather than eliminate or add one column at a time. Or perhaps someone can suggest a different way to do it. I need to create 1 chart to pivot between the first 5, 7, 9 and 11 data columns. ...

name of sheet
Just curious...is there a formula that will give the name of a sheet? Im using Excel 2000. hans Hi Hans try one of the following formulas (note: the workbook has to be save before). Just use the formulas as they are shown (don't replace 'filename' with anything) File path and file name: =CELL("filename",A1) File path only =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)- 1) File name only =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1) +1,FIND("]",CEL L("filename",A1)...

First and Last Problem
For some reason First and Last are giving the wrong data in a Totals query. I assume that somehow the data is not ordered correctly in the main table, but it does show correctly in the datasheet view. For example if I group the sample database below by Name and Year, First of Location should be B, unfortunately it shows up in the query as A. Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B Ed 1999 2 A Ed 2000 1 A Desired Result Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B (But shows up as A) Ed 2000 1 A Any ideas from someone who has seen thi...

Email Display Name As
Using 2003 with BCM V2... Sometimes I have the hardest time changing an email so that it displays correctly. Usually, it will add the persons name automatically, but sometimes it won't. I change an email/contact person by 1) change the contact name in the contact record 2) double click on the email 3) change the email 4) click OK Sometimes the Display as has the person name from the contact field, other times it is the email only, with NO way to correct it. Any ideas? Bob Day Your post probably makes sense to you because you know what you mean. No one else could, however. To ...

Extract last name from Last, First
I know this has to be a common question, but I can't find the answer... Using VBA, I need to extract the last name from the format: Last, First For example: the cell contents extract to a variable the value of JONES, AMY JONES ADAMS, HARRY ADAMS Your help would really be appreciated! I don't know how you are using it, but this shows how to get it in a variable. Sub dk() Dim lName As String lName = Left(ActiveCell, InStr(ActiveCell, ",") - 1) MsgBox lName End Sub ...

Not Remember Last Login Account
Is there something to tell Dynamics GP 10 to not remember the last logged in account? Everytime I log into their system as SA to do some update they call and ask me what to put in the username field. If they have to type it each time surely they will remember.... ARRRRGGGGHHHH! ------=_NextPart_0001_3E1A8ED5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Allen Have a look at my post http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/29/hybrid-clearing-the-last-user-on-a-terminal-server.aspx Otherwise wait for the next release of the Support Debugging Tool which ...

Toolbar doesn't react on first click.
Hello everyone. I create program with one toolbar and few CWnd objects in CFrameWnd. Only one window (CWnd) is shown at time. When I start some action on this window (OnLButtonUp and OnlButtonDown) program makes few expensive calculation, next he hides window (SW_HIDE), and shows another (SW_SHOW). But sometimes when I make double-click on window, everything show OK, but toolbar freeze (doesn't react on first click and I must click him once more). I try to override OnLButtonDblClk but my application never goes in to. I thing the problem are messages that are pushed to queue when pr...

Transforming first n nodes
I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an xsl (in ASP.Net web app). Is this possible to do it in an efficient manner? Thanks. You can subclass XmlTextReader and make a custom one that only return first N elements. Then you can use it to load data into XPathDocument and do a transfer. Yan "Salman" <salman_z_g@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oa7kJoiMEHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an > xsl (in ASP.Net web app). > Is this possible to do it in an efficient...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...