Language selection does not take

I use Windows XP, MS Office 2003 Pro and for the Proof languages
MUISETUP.EXE.

I install English and German.

When I go to Outlook and puporsely spell something incorectly in German
(after highlighting the paragraph) then select Language as German. then go
back to Tools and Spell Checking the window below goes by default always to
English and when I look for German, it cannot even find it. Lots of French,
then Spanish, no German.

YET - that is what I installed and what I selected under Languages when I go
to Tools.

I cannot understand it because before I had a computer crash and had to
re-install the applications, it DID work and Did check German.

Any ideas?

0
ritter197 (9)

The Office 2008 for Mac Product Registration takes forever
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel After I reinstalled the OS system of my MacBook Pro, I reinstalled the Office 2008 for Mac by using the wrong product key (which has been used on another MacBook). So after couple times of using the Word, the notebook said I could not open the Word file again cause the registration has been used by another computer. Then, I started to uninstall the Office and then reinstall it again by following the mactopia instructions, of course, using the product key I first time applied on this MacBook Pro. However, when I tried to ...

Selecting Objects
In VBA, how do I select more than one object at the time? For example the code I have says this: ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("CheckBox1").Object.Value = 0 What I want to do is something like this: ActiveSheet.OLEObjects ("CheckBox1,Checkbox2...").Object.Value = 0 If I knew how many checkboxes there were and they were named nicely, I'd do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = 1 To 4 Sheet1.OLEObjects("checkbox" & iCtr).Object.Value = False Next iCtr End Sub If I wanted to get them all, but di...

spell check wrong language
Suddenly my spell check changed from english to french. I can't change it back to english because french is the ONLY option in the drop down list in Outlook / Options / Spelling. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "I&q...

How do I change the language of a company with a language pack ?
Hi, I installed an english language pack on an existing crm server, logged into the crm website I wish to have in english, I go to settings languages, activate the english language, and nothing changes.. Whats the additional step i need ? Thanks Dan Hi Dan, You need to browse to the "Personalize Workplace" link on the Workplace tab, and set your User Interface Language to English on the Languages tab. Hope this helps. Regards, Shubhi Bansal Grapecity India "Dan" wrote: > Hi, > > I installed an english language pack on an existing crm server, logged into...

Add text to a field based on a combo box selection
I'm making a form that contains a dropdown field (dropdown1) containing 5 possible selections. Based upon what the user selects, I want to fill a second field (text3) with a corresponding value. For instance: If dropdown1="Maintenance" then enter "Jack Doe" text3 If dropdown1="Safety" then enter "Tom Collins" text 3 etc. Is there a way to write a 'if then else' formula in a 'calculate' form field? And if so what would the syntax be? Or is there a better (easier, non-programatic) way to accomplish this? I'm not...

Dual language mailbox names
We recently setup new exchange 2003 servers for our organisation, however during setup we activated all mailboxes with English mailbox settings. Now we have outlook clients with mailbox settings in English & Swedish.We have set the system to create in Swedish now. How would I change the settings back to Swedish for those boxes taht have already been created? .. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=263668 rob582 wrote: > We recently setup new exchange 2003 servers for our > organisation, however during setup we activated all > mailboxes with English mailbox set...

Can we select multiple records through lookup.....
Hi, I have question, can we select multiple records through lookup field in Form. No. If you actually try it, a dialog box pops-up saying: "You can select only 1 rows at a time". nitin wrote: > Hi, > > I have question, can we select multiple records through lookup field in > Form. Hi Mamor, Can we provide check boxes in pop up window, and multi select check boxes, and then store values in Field. Is it possible?? mamor wrote: > No. If you actually try it, a dialog box pops-up saying: "You can > select only 1 rows at a time". > > nitin wrote: >...

Spellcheck language Vs Keyboard language
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I have a spanish Macbook Pro and want to keep the use of the spanish keyboard but have word spellcheck my documents using English (us). It seems that i cant have the two as the spellcheck automatically reverts to the checked box in the Input menu and check the documents in Spanish. Even when i try to set Language in word to English (us) and save it as my default it automatically reverts back to Spanish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. cgdeca ...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

PutFile takes forever...
I have a problem with the following piece of code. At home, this works fine. But at my job, the firewall is badly configured at the moment. As a result we can not properly usde FTP. In the following code example, the GetFtpConnection takes a while, but succeeds. pFtp gets a valid value. SetCurrentDirectory goes fine too. But PutFile takes forever. It just hangs there. I know the firewall is badly configured, but that shouldn't result in my program hanging. Is there a way to use some kind of timeout? Maybe another try/catch?? CInternetSession session; CFtpConnection* pFtp = NULL; ...

modifying code for multi select list box
I have the following code that opens a report. In this code opponent is a multi select list box. I am trying to change the code so that season can be a multi select list box as well. Here is the old code. Private Sub hitchartrpt_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "hitchartrpt", acViewPreview, , _ "opponent in (" & Me.opponentselected & ") AND " & _ "season = " & Me.cboseason & " AND " & _ "team = '" & Me.cboteam & "'" End Sub Any help is appreciated. Try something like Private Sub hitcha...

select to compare
I am working on a small database that is used for tracking donations. I have two tables, one with donators ( name, address etc) and one with donations ( amount, date). I wish to compare the current month with the same month last year ( that is to compare say march 2007 with march 2006) and from that extract those who donated last year, but not this year, and also thos who donated this year,, but not last year. To further complicate this query, some people donate more than once a year, so all those who have donated more than once in any of the past 12 months need to be highlighted. Is it possi...

Select MaxDate from xml

select items in a list box with a macro?
Instead of a mouse, can you select items in a list box with a macro? You can use a line like this: Me.ListBox1.ListIndex = 0 The first item in the listbox is item 0. If you allow multiple selections, then this worked ok for me: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iCtr As Long With Me.ListBox1 For iCtr = 0 To .ListCount - 1 If iCtr = 0 _ Or iCtr = 3 _ Or iCtr = 5 Then .Selected(iCtr) = True Else .Selected(iCtr) = False End If Next i...

word freezes at the template selection screen at startup
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC My whole machine went down about a month ago. Finally got to installing office today and word freezes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no effect. Download and install the latest Office 2004 updates, which are the Office 2004 11.5.0 & 11.51 updates. In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet...

how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? 10-01-07
Hi I have subform with datasheet view and I need to know how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? Thanks Hi this just one method Create a new text box on the main form (NewControlName), On the GotFocus event of this new box put this (of course you will need to alter the names in the code to what they are in your DB) Private Sub NewControlName_GotFocus() DoCmd.SetWarnings False Dim RS As Object Set RS = Me.Recordset.Clone RS.FindFirst "[MainFormID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![NewControlName], 0)) If Not RS.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = RS....

Language #3
Well, actually I'm an American in Romania, so I deal with 3 differently currencies, I prefer the program to register American. sandie In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Well, actually I'm an American in Romania, so I deal with >3 differently currencies, I prefer the program to >register American. Try to keep your story on one thread. MS make Money in various regionalised versions. US; UK; International English and one or two others depending on sales. If you have a UK or International English version then it is going to th...

If..Then to Select Case

OWA
Over the long weekend something has happened to our OWA. On Sunday it was fine but Monday morning I noticed that everything in the OWA was in a foreign language. The messages are still in english but all the actions are in a foreign language, 1st ly how could this have happened and 2nd ly how do I fix it. ...

Accidental multiple cell pick selection
While working on Excel the mouse suddenly starts to select 4 cells in a column. I can't get it to only select a single cell. I've spent a lot of time searching Help and this knowledge base for a solution? Probably something really simple but I need help! Were you holding down a key for a long period of time and got an error message stating that? If so, try holding that key down again until it gets undone. -- NBVC Where there is a will there are many ways. 'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com) ----------------------------------------------------------------...

A weird problem: SetVolumeLabel() should take a very long time to complete.
Hi group, I came across a simple but strange problem. Let me use real code fragment to begin with: =========== Code Fragment 1 Begin ============= void Func1() { DeleteVolumeMountPoint(L"E:\\"); SetVolumeMountPoint(L"E:\\", L"\\\\\?\\Volume{c1b44900-63f2-11dc- b23e-0003ff73ce8b}"); SetVolumeLabel(L"E:\\", L"Hello"); } =========== Code Fragment 1 End =============== The function Func1 above works fine and immediately return without any delay. OK. However, when I inserted a AfxMessageBox() into the function body, just as Func2 below. ====...

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?
where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese . ...

Selecting Text Between Commas in Excel
Hello everybody, I have data in an excel cell setup as follows: unimportantData, dataToBeExtracted, unimportantData2, unimportantData3 I would like to extract the information "dataToBeExtracted", and had considered using the MID function. However, the string length of dataToBeExtracted is different for each row. Is there a way to get Excel to read all data after the first comma, but before the second (without a bunch of IF((MID,#,#)=",")'s that is (unless that's the best way!))? Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day! Brian You can use that or da...

must select from combobox first
acess 2003 I have a subform called fwarranties with a combobox called UnitNo other fields are changed based on the selection in UnitNo How can I make the user select from the combobox UnitNo before entering any other data on the form? UnitNo must have data first. -- deb Deb - You can set the enabled property (or the visible property) to Fasle in design mode. Then in the AfterUpdate event of the combobox, if a selection is made then add code to set those values to true. Me.txtbox.enabled = True or Me.txtbox.visible = True -- Daryl S "deb" w...

Dynamically enumerate records from a select * -- dataset?
I pull data into a dataset in my .Net app using a sqlDataAdapter -- Select * From tblx Where something. How to accomplish this operation with Sql Server 2000? Isn't there a builtin function that performs this operation in Sql Server 2005? How to accomplish this operation with Sql Server 2005? Thanks Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** That is -- I want to enumerate the rows - dynamically - that I am pulling into my dataset. 1 2 3 ... How to accomplish this with Sql Server 2000. And I believe there is a builtin function in Sql Serv...