Keyboard settings are fixed in Outlook XP

Hi Folks,

When I have installed the keyboard settings for the Russian (Cyrillian)
keyboard next to the German or English keyboard, I have no chance to
change the keyboard settings from Russian to German or English in the
adress field of an email in Outlook . It is impossible to type in a
email-Adress, because I can type in the field only cyrillian letters.
In the text field there is no problem to change the keyboard settings,
although it is primary set to Russian and standard settings for the
keyboard are in German. I'm using Windows XP as well as Office XP and I
don't have such problems in the other office programs.

Thanks for any help

English keyboard
Hi All, How can I switch the keyboard to English (or to any other) from Access ? Thanks in advance Imre ...

Formatting the columns in Outlook 2007
Hello, My deleted items folder is displaying 3 lines of body text in the messages pane. I can't seem to find a way to hide it. I don't need it becuase I have the preview pane turn on. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off? It displays in this format: Attachment To From Subject Received Body Text Thank you for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Did you turn off AutoPreview? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEm.Com> wrote in message news:e46eKLGJIHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > My deleted items...

Outlook Attachment location
is there any way that I can set the default location for attachments to download to in Outlook, on a computer running Win XP? See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9c2801c3eaeb$7e7ea8f0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Dave wrote: > is there any way that I can set the default location for > attachments to download to in Outlook, on a computer > running Win ...

Outlook 2007 Insert Options grayed out
In the New Mail Window in Outlook 2007, the options in the "Insert" tab are all grayed out. How do I enable them? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:63qd5pF28uoifU1@mid.individual.net... > In the New Mail Window in Outlook 2007, the options in the "Insert" tab > are all grayed out. > How do I enable them? > Please ignore - I hadn't clicked in the body of the message! Doh! ...

Fixed Assets don't show on Balance Sheet
I am trying to setup a balance sheet for a new company. I have several companies setup already with no issues. When I setup this new company it will NOT show my fixed assets on the balance sheet even though I have setup this balance sheet exactly like the previous ones. Any suggestions? I am at a total loss on this. Melanie, Are you using AFA (Advanced Financial Analysis) or FRx for this? If AFA, makes sure your Fixed Assets accounts have the correct Account Category assoicated with them. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax....

Calender in Outlook 2003
My question is how can a perform a strike-thru off an appointment in my schedule. I would like to retain the data of the appt but would like to show that I canceled the event. PilotsWest;116894 Wrote: > My question is how can a perform a strike-thru off an appointment in my > schedule. I would like to retain the data of the appt but would like > to show > that I canceled the event. Outlook doesn't have that feature. You could create a calendar folder called Cancelled and move the evet to that calendar, if you wish. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] h...

Keyboard
Hi, I need to catch the keyboard key`s ctrl+alt+e in my MFC application how can I catch the combination of those three key`s??? How can I catch the F5 key??? For a normal key`s I use appwizard OnChar function or KeyDown. Thanks. hi, I guess you can try GetKeyState(VK_MENU) and GetKeyState(VK_CONTROL) when you response the OnChar or KeyDown message. "Dave" wrote: > Hi, > I need to catch the keyboard key`s ctrl+alt+e in my MFC application > how can I catch the combination of those three key`s??? > > How can I catch the F5 key??? > > &...

outcmd.dat and toolbar customizations in Outlook 2000
It's generally known that Outlook 2000 clients prior to Office SP2 have a bug related to the growth of the outcmd.dat file in relation to toolbar customizations. As many know, if the outcmd.dat file grows too large in size, the opening of Outlook forms (such as email and contact items) eventually becomes unbearably slow. To fix this, the outcmd.dat file would have to be renamed or deleted, and the user would have to install at least Office SP2, or upgrade to Outlook 2002. I have a VB com-addin that makes heavy use of toolbar customizations: 1. I create/destroy a custom toolbar whenever a...

Fixed URL
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C42EA6.A9366660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I keep the same URL for all my web page and not having all the = detailled adresses of the sub-pages? Thanks Arno ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C42EA6.A9366660 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type...

Outlook slow following windows/office update
My Outlook 2002 is maddeningly slow following updates....cannot uninstall office SP2. Outlook runs very slowly when clicking from one folder or email message to the next..........even on already read messages. Any ideas? I might have to uninstall the whole lot & start again as it is so annoying, but I'd rather not have to....PDA sync to re set up etc! Thanks Julie Try turning off the "Instant Messaging" Open the TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS... Select the OTHER tab Turn off the check mark next to "Enable Instant Messaging on Microsoft Outlook" -- Nikki Peterson...

rules in Outlook 2002
Hello, I'm using Windows Vista Premium (64 Bit). I've also got Outlook 2002 on my computer. I'm now trying to set up a new email Rule. I cannot find the Rule option under the Tools Bar. I had it there a month ago and set us several rules. It's gone. Any idea on how to get this back? Thank you. Aaron Email without Rules wrote: > I'm using Windows Vista Premium (64 Bit). I've also got Outlook 2002 on my > computer. I'm now trying to set up a new email Rule. I cannot find the > Rule option under the Tools Bar. I had it there a...

how to restore default settings in outlook
Hi there I stupidly imported an archive file (pst file) from my old computer into my new computer's outlook program. It's an old email I'm no longer using and I really didn't want to import all the settings/folders etc. Now its imported all the folders settings etc and everytime i open outlook i get an error message cos it cant connect to that email etc.. I just want to go back to how it was before - i.e. the program defaults before I did that.. but i cant seem to do it. I don't really want to uninstall all of office - is there anyway to get back to the original out...

outlook is setting all contacts as reminders
Recently I rebooted my computer and wiper everything as it was running really badly. I backed up the outlook .pst file and had no problems reinstalling outlook and importing the data. Unfortunatley something strange has now happended. All the contacts come up when i open outlook as new reminders. I have dissmissed them all and they go away while the program is open but when i close it and go back in they appear again. I have tried deleting all my contacts and reentering them... Big Job. But it seems it actually happens with newly added contacts as well? Im at my wits end with...

Outlook received date incorrect
3 out of 5 users running Outlook 2000 are getting all their email with a received date of October 4, 2001. Once they open the message the sent time is correct and if they sent me an email outside of the company the date is correct on the received date. Internally the received date it fine. 2 users are unaffected. I have checked for virus, Outlook calendar time, regional time on the pc Internet Headers under view/options, also ran the office update and it did not help....any ideas??? Thanks in advance...SMF ...

Questions about the CRM Sales for Outlook
Hi I would like to have the possibility to enter the CRM system via Outlook 2003 windows -client. The computers i would like to run this on, is exist on our company and are regular PC�s, NOT laptops. SO, i do not want to have the "off-line" -function, only the possibility to enter the CRM -system via the outlook -client, and the CRM -folders in outlook. So is there any possibility to install this and skip to have the SQL engine on the PC�s and the offline -function ? Best Regards ..niklas - sweden > SO, i do not want to have the "off-line" -function, only the po...

Print Excel charts in Word 2003 with fixed size
Hello, I am trying to find a solution to the following problem: (1) I have created a chart in Excel 2003 and formatted the way I would like it to be (9 horizontal & 11 vertical gridlines, so I have a total of 10 x 8 square blocks). It looks exactly the way I need it to be. (2) I need to create a report with (multiple) of these charts in Word 2003. (3) My problem is that I need the spacing between these gridlines to be EXACTLY 1 cm when printed and I have no idea how to do this. Since there is no size entry for the plot area I resized it to be the same size as the chart area. The cha...

hook keyboard and send as other keyvalue
hi, i have a problem to deal with global keyboard hooking . my application has to deal with a special keyboard, whitch asking that when press Shilft + A, it actually come out "#", Shift + B , it comes out "&".. and when shift is not pressed, the A is still A. i can not come out with the functionality no matter what.. i have to use global keyboard hooking since it is for the whole application LRESULT CALLBACK keyProc(int nCode,WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT hook = (PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT)lParam; ??????? return CallNextHookEx(gHook, nCode, wPa...

Installed Outlook 2007 and no contacts or messages were transferre
Can I retrieve my old addresses and get them moved into 2007? File > Open Browse to your PST to open it. "Tocino" <Tocino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:562F3CD5-B80A-4345-854F-59B9B1FD3E36@microsoft.com... > Can I retrieve my old addresses and get them moved into 2007? I'm sorry but what is a PST? "Kathleen Orland" wrote: > File > Open > > Browse to your PST to open it. > > "Tocino" <Tocino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:562F3CD5-B80A-4345-854F-59B9B1FD3E...

Outlook express 10-19-03
I have messages in the deleted folder but can not empty the folder nor can I delete any more items. Is there a setting I can change to fix this? ...

outlook hanging up #2
I would like to pass along a solution to outlook hanging up when signing on. Here is the scenario: I ctrl/alt/del to get out and then when signing on again it would put me in safe mode I also notice that changing file names or setting up new folders also hung up vista. All of this relates to the search index which apparently had been clobbered. The solution is as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS SEARCH CLICK ON THE WINDOWS SEARCH FOLDER and then change the value of SetUpCompletedSuccessfully to 0 Open Indexing Options (you can find this in help "When sho...

Cannot open news group in outlook 2003
I tried to open the news group reader in outlook 2003 according to the help instructions I have to add the News command to the Go menu. The problem is that 'News' does not show up in the command list. What gives? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jacobus Terhorst...

set up for send and receive emails with pop3 and also smtp
i have Yahoo and i seem to not be able to get into my email. it is saying enter a network password, and i dont know on what it would be. i have never been asked to enter a network password before. please help... cory On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:28:02 -0700, "cory" <cory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have Yahoo and i seem to not be able to get into my email. it is saying >enter a network password, and i dont know on what it would be. i have never >been asked to enter a network password before. please help... > To access Yahoo mail with Outlook, you need a pai...

KEYBOARD NOT WORKING
I know some people may help better if I give more specific details to my problem.. So here goes: My keyboard works correctly with any other application, such as MSN, ICQ, Wordpad.. etc. However, when I open an Office application such as Word or Excel, it doesn't seem to type for me. I cannot type in the help section, can I type in the document or in those toolbars at the top for Fonts, etc. But if I specifically go to "Format >> Font", then yes, I can type in it. I have tried reinstalling Office already, that doesn't work. The hardware is fine, I can still...

Outlook XP Printing
When printing an email, the first half of the message prints off then it skips to a new page to print the second half. Why? ...

Microsoft Outlook Error Message
The Add-in "AVG Exchange Extension" (C:\Program~1\AVG\AVH9|avgxch32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in. I have uninstalled AVG hence the error message, now every time I try to open Outlook 2007 I get the above message. I have no idea where to uninstall the Add-in can anyone help please. You don't mention what operating system you are using, but you just have to delete/rename the file named extend.dat when Outlook isn't running. ...