Keeping Track of Vacation/Personal Hours Used

What do you recommend is the best way to keep a running log of vacation and
personal time used in Outllook 2002?

I would like to automate as much as possible.

Would I use Calender or Tasks?

Thanks

0
mschmidt (34)

Your best bet is to use an application designed for time-tracking.  Outlook
is not designed for this specific task.  You can use the Journal to tally
your time spent on tasks, but I would have no idea how you would track your
vacation, since that time is spent out of the office, presumably.

Try google.com for time tracking applications, as there are several good
ones out there that are designed specifically for this type of task.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, lovebaby asked:

| What do you recommend is the best way to keep a running log of
| vacation and personal time used in Outllook 2002?
|
| I would like to automate as much as possible.
|
| Would I use Calender or Tasks?
|
| Thanks

0
MillyS (3228)
8/21/2005 3:46:28 PM
Did you find something suitable for your use? I have this built in Excel for
me, but would be interested in what you may have found for your use.

McCarthy_MF

"lovebaby" wrote:

> What do you recommend is the best way to keep a running log of vacation and
> personal time used in Outllook 2002?
>
> I would like to automate as much as possible.
>
> Would I use Calender or Tasks?
>
> Thanks

Tracking Changes Question
Hi, We are trying to find a way to track all of the changes to our spreadshets and, I was hoping, to our modules. This is related to the Sarbanes Oxley Act. The powers that be want to freeze our spreadsheets at a point in time and then track any changes that we make. Is anybody familiar with this? Thanks, Anita Yes, you need to make the workbook a shared worbook (Tools>Shar Workbook) then select enable tracking (Tools>Track Changes). 'Here's (http://tinyurl.com/3e3g3) the official line. Or you can find tutorial 'here (http://www.jmu.edu/computing/workshop/handouts/...

How do I change the internet gateway that is used for outbound ema
We have to offices that are connected using bana circuits. The equivalent of (3) T1's. We have a T1 going to the internet on one side and have just recently installed a DSL on the other side. We have an additional Exchange Server there. The DSL has a different IP range than the rest of the company. We tried to do it with DNS but it had to many issues. Is there a setting in ESM to specify the gateway on outbound mail (SMTP). Thanks in advance. You just need to configure a smarthost. "How to configure the SMTP connector in Exchange" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2652...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Vacation and Sick numbers in payroll
I am trying to understand the payroll module in Great Plains. 1. When paycodes of vacation or sick are used in payroll transaction entry, the available vacation/sick days for the employee are reduced automatically in employee vacation-sick time maintenance window. Is this correct? 2. If so, then how come Great Plains allows the vacation and sick days to be overwritten in employee vacation-sick time maintenance window without any audit trail code? 1. Assuming the pay codes are set up with the correct pay types, you are correct. 2. Two different issues. One, GP has no audit trail like...

Tracking of Spouses Finances
When I go through the initial interview process, Money 2003 and 2004 ask whether you want to track your spouses finances as well. I have however been unable to find out whether Money does something with this information later on. Anyone knows if there is some functionality that uses this information? Thanks. Charles -- I think it might come on handy on the tax estimator... "Richard Bollar, MVP" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message news:uDmY3xCWDHA.3088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > The only place that it's obvious is in the lifetime planner, where each > spouse...

question about using the correct schema namespace
I have a Access/VBA client that exports xml to the local drive, then posts it over http to an aspx page. The aspx page consumes it, then builds itself based on the xml data. This works find only if I first mannually change the root entry's namespace url as shown below. Does anyone know how I can get the two (cleint xml export and aspx xml consume) to work together with the appropriate namespace? Here is the top three lines of my xml export (prior to mannually changing it): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/200...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...

Use a cell's value as row number for another cell in Excel
Excel XP: I'm trying to use the values in one row of cells (D1:F1) as the reference for the row value for a different series of cells (D2:F4). For example: Column A B C D E F Row 1 1000 30 170 1 2 3 2 1500 60 190 3 1200 20 175 I want to get the following cells to equal: D2=1000 (In other words: D2 = A1); D3=30 (In other words: F2 = B1); E2=1500 (In other words: E2 = A2); E3=60 (In other words: F2 = B2); F2=1200 (In other words: F2 = A3); F3=20 ...

outlook hangs when tries to edit using MS Word
User clicks on forward message. This launches Word, which is her default editor. At this point it hangs. I've heard that I should do "Outlook Repair" but I don't see how to do this ...

Outlook sends winmail.dat attachment when Track in CRM is clicked
If a client clicks on Track in CRM button and sends email with attachment, for example .xls file Outlook sends it as an winmail.dat attachment which is unreadable for many people. If the function Track in CRM is not active the attachment is send OK. I have played a bit with format of sent e-mails, e.g. plain text, html but it behaves still in the same way. -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner ...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Message Tracking Center?
Is it possible to export the list of information that you get from the Message Tracking Center? I need to send a list of emails that was sent from a specific user during a date range. Win2003 Server/Exchange 2003 sp2 The message tracking log files are text files. If you can write code, you could develop a script to pull what you want out of them. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:O84nkXgpGHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to...

Use footer with freeze panes
I would like to be able to use headers and footers and still freeze panes. Is there a way to do this? If not, why is it no longer possible? I'm almost sure I could do this in the earlier version of Excel. Thanks. ...

Adding report restriction using VBA
Does anyone knows how to add report restrictions to a dynamic Report using modifier/VBA? I am using GPv7.5 with SQl Server 2000 on an NT. Thanks There are two ways I know to achieve this. One is the use VBA to reject (not print) any report sections that are not part of your restriction. If you do this you will probably need to use VBA to calculate any totals to ensure that they only include valid records. Method two is to actually run the report yourself with the restriction in place. This is possible using the unsupported method of Pass through Dexterity Scripts. You can then u...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

page size limitations when using two displays
I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed. I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer. It makes working on big spread sheets much easier. I have had two monitors on my computer for several months. Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro. The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050 pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200 Series that has the c...

Using Jobs
I am a new use of Great Plains, having been weened off Quickbooks. One thing a liked about Quickbooks was the abilty to assign jobs underneath customer accounts. Is there are way in the standard version of Great Plains to replicate this feature, without having to get project accounting module? Thanks, -- Eric Chelini PA is probably the wrong tool for you. Analytical Accounting, a GP module, might be something to look at. Encore Business Solutions offers Project Tracking. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Eric Chelini" wrote: > I am a new use of Great Plains, having been weened ...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Meeting tracking info shows "none".
Environment: All Windows 2003 (server), Exchange 2003, XP, and Office 2003 (latest service packs and updates for all). We have a user that isn't seeing any response information under the tracking tab of a meeting they've created. It just says "none" and never updates, even though several users had already accepted. The problem still happens on other PC's where i create his profile. If i create my own profile on any of these same PC's, it works fine. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance. Is your client OPENING the responses that he receives? Does your client ha...

Providing Secure Remote Access for the Full Outlook MAPI Client using the Exchange RPC Filter
Hi, Does anyone know how to set this up under ISA 2004?? http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/2003exchangerpc.html Regards, Andrew ...

Having problems using the Count function in Excel
Hi, I'm having problems using the count function in excel, I have the following formula which works to look up and sum cells in column D that are on the same row as entries in column A, which meet a date criteria set in cells f24 and E24. The problem is that I want to make a separate formula that counts the number of entries that have occurred in column D. However, when I try to change the Sum to a COUNT I do not get the correct number of rows. Any suggestions? Thanks {=SUM(IF(A$8:$A$1000<=F$24,IF($A$8:$A$1000>E$24, D$8:$D$1000)))} One way: =COUNTIF($A$8:$A$1000,"<=&q...