Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs

I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get
any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead...

I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email
is by POP3/SMTP.

Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30
days so nothing is missed on either PC.

This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items
fold of the PC that I used to send the email.

Is there a way to 'copy' groups of sent items between the computers to keep them in sync? I'm happy
to do this manually, since I would only do this every week or so.

0
Jay

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

Jay <nospam> wrote:

> Is there a way to 'copy' groups of sent items between the computers
> to keep them in sync?

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
Jay
2/9/2006 5:02:59 PM
I have the same situation, with a desktop and a laptop. So if I'm sending a
message I want to end up in the Sent Items on the other machine I CC myself,
and on each machine I have a rule that says "Apply this rule after the
message arrives from [myself]: move it to the Sent Items folder and mark it
as read".

P.S. I spent quite a bit of time going through the synch tools on Sue
Mosher's list (Slipstick). It seemed to me the ones that worked were much
too expensive for my needs and the ones that weren't too expensive didn't
work!

Querying between two dates doesn't work if Start and End are ident
Hello guys. I'm trying to run a very simple query that shows all results from a table called EE_DR, where the Date field in this table is between two certain dates. I have a form called Snapshot that has two text boxes StartDate and EndDate that populate the query. The query is as follows: SELECT * FROM EE_DR WHERE (((EE_DR.Date) Between [Forms].[snapshot].[StartDate] And [Forms].[Snapshot].[EndDate])); The problem I'm having is that is if I put today's date as the start and the end date, even though there should be 1 result for today, no results are actual...

Exchange Sync Issue

Sharing common Outlook contacts across a workgroup
Is there a way to deny access to personal contact lists withing Outlook and have everyone working from a common contacts listing? "Gary Hill" <ghill@acmsi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:01b301c35220$b3439e10$a601280a@phx.gbl > Is there a way to deny access to personal contact lists > withing Outlook and have everyone working from a common > contacts listing? Hello Gary, have a look on this site for outlook sharing solutions: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook pst file with several users: Public OutLook review on ZDN...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

new group for syncing with I-phone
I want to create a new group for syncing with I-phone. How can I do it? New group of what? Mail, calendar, contacts... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473 "ilbi&q...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Unable to open sent items folder
I have delegated my freind to open my "sent Items" folder in my mail box ,but he is unable to open my "sent items" folder in his outlook2000. He is able to open my other folder like "inbox,calender" after delegation.Except the sent items. In oultook@ file >open other users folder>folder type ,the "sent items" folder is not listed .. Please help if there is any workaorund for this thanks SP He needs to add your mailbox to his folderlist. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-out...

How to tell if an email was sent or not
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C42622.9A84E240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello: I have a user who was accessing our company exchange 2000 server over = VPN over the weekend. He was connected for many hours writing over 50 = emails...Near the end of his session, he received about 50 "email = undeliverable" messages pertaining to emails sent hours ago. Now, when he got into the office today, he asked that I look deeply into = the server logs to check to see if these...

Remove items from "Update Price" window
My uncle uses Money 2006 and has been trying to figure out how to prevent old investments from showing up in the "Update Price" window when he wants to update an investment manually. It's really just an annoyance and makes it take longer to search through the list to find the one he needs. In microsoft.public.money, N1tr0 wrote: >My uncle uses Money 2006 and has been trying to figure out how to prevent old >investments from showing up in the "Update Price" window when he wants to >update an investment manually. It's really just an annoyance and mak...

How can I sent an e-mail to the creator task
Is it possible send an e-mail when the task is closed for the created vy? The e-mail it is send by owner and the only logic user can I send an e-mail is to the own owner. Can I am clear? Regards ...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Excel graphs
Hi, I'm trying to display two sets of data, with identical X-axis on the same Y-axis, but am finding it hard. I don't want 4 bars for each X value, but a graph with 4 X-catergories containing 2 bars each, then an identical x-axis with a further similar data set (i.e. 4 x 2 bars) - anyone have a clue how to do this? I've tried just making two graphs and deleting the Y-axis from one, but the X-axis never line up in something like Powerpoint when I put them together! Thanks! Forgot to say, this is for Excel 2000 bar graphs. "AndyB" wrote: > Hi, > > I'...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

page size limitations when using two displays
I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed. I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer. It makes working on big spread sheets much easier. I have had two monitors on my computer for several months. Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro. The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050 pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200 Series that has the c...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

e-mail sent multiple times
Outlook seems to repeatedly mail a message... like 20 or 30 times. HELP JM <mcnulty1@charter.net> wrote: > Outlook seems to repeatedly mail a message... like 20 or 30 times. HELP Things that can cause this are send/receive intervals that are too short, server timeouts that are too short, or, most especially, scanning your incoming and outgoing mail with an antivirus program. -- Brian Tillman ...

Using one file on two computers
I currently have two networked computers in the house and would like to use both of them to access the same outlook file. Is there any magic to making this happen or do they both need to have seperate files. I could share the file on my main system and then have the laptop access it. However, I am concerned about being logged on on one computer and then trying to access the same files from the other other one. Ken ...

two sided printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have a brand new imac and new student version of word 2008. I am using a hp L7650 all in one printer. With old imac and 2004 all was well, but now when I am using 2008 and try to print two sided, the second side prints incorrectly. It prints upside down. In other words, when you turn the paper over like a book, the page needs to turned around to read second side. I can't find option to correct, either in word 2008 or on the printer. Any help would be appreciated. Dave Have you installed the exact printer driver fo...

Standard Cost Roll for an item
I run the Roll up and revalue for an item for several times, but the standard cost wasn't changed and the value of the Pending Masterial Cost still shows up to standard item material costs window. I tried to use the standard cost changes window to roll up and replace costs, it still cannot be changed. Can you please tell me what kind of items cannot be rolled up and revalued? The item must be a Sales Inventory item with a BOM and Router and be a Periodic valuation method. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and...

attachments sent as .dat files
I have Office 2000 Professional on a laptop running Windows XP Professional. I am connected to a LAN and whenever I send an attachment such as a Word or Excel file to an external address, all they receive is a .dat file which they cannot open. If I send the same file to the same address using another destop PC (running Windows 2000) on the same network, attachments are sent and received correctly. Can anyone help? Thanks, ID Change your message format to plain text or html and consider disabling using Word as your e-mail editor. (All done under tools | options | mail format) -- Neo...