Keeping Outlook on top?

I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) how
can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am ready
to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open?

Thanks for any help!!

SSDD
0
D (176)

"D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext)
>how
> can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am
> ready
> to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open?

There is no always-on-top option to Outlook.  It is an application just
like many others: if you use it to open another window or shell, that
other window or shell gets focus because that is what you told the
application to do.  Can't be that hard to simply tap Alt-Tab to quickly
flip back to Outlook even while the web page is still loading.

0
no626 (84)
4/1/2007 2:11:33 AM
Nope, that is what I currently  do. Doing that is  just extremely annoying.
Thanks!

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext)
> >how
> > can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am
> > ready
> > to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open?
>

> There is no always-on-top option to Outlook.  It is an application just
> like many others: if you use it to open another window or shell, that
> other window or shell gets focus because that is what you told the
> application to do.  Can't be that hard to simply tap Alt-Tab to quickly
> flip back to Outlook even while the web page is still loading.

0
D (176)

How do I save an entire outlook folder to my desktop?
I am trying to backup my whole folder to my desktop but can only do one message at a time. How do I save an entire outlook folder to my desktop? Thanks, Tom Do you want to copy the messages to your desktop or backup the entire pst file? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm#user http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Outlook Error #55
When I send or receive messages using Outlook xp I get the following error message Authentication Required If you're using one of the more popular internet service providers or web-based e-mail providers, one of the articles on the following page might help you troubleshoot your authentication issue: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH011542541033.aspx -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "s.brown" wrote: > When I send or...

Outlook reply emails go to wrong address
When my partner send emails and I click to reply to them they go to the wrong address, I cannot find how to change this if it is an option in outlook. I presume it has something to do with the account she has set up in outlook. This has taken us by surprise and was difficult to spot as I hae always asssumed outlook uses the sender email for replys. Any help appreciated! The sender of email can setup a "reply-to" email address which may be different than the "from" field. I think Outlook replies to that first, if there. Have your partner check how the email accoun...

outlook reminders issue
hi i have a user here, using outlook 2007. when she logs on, she gets 3000+ old reminders. i have tried the cleanreminders command, but that hasnt sorted it. looking at the reminders windows, it looks like the reminders are linked to a S:\contacts.mdb, and also to excel files, and word documents that are located on the c:\ and on some other network shares. the followup time on all the reminders are 01 january 1601 00:00 Dismissing all the reminders does not seem to fix the issue, if anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it. Thanks Damein LithiumKid1976;111475 Wrote...

Access and Outlook Calendar
I've searched thru this forum and thru the Outlook forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? I tried creating a linked table with Outlook ...

Viewing archived emails in Outlook Express
I recently had to have Windows re-installed on my computer, so I had a backup made of certain files including all the email I had in Outlook Express. I've managed to open some of them, but can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to open archived email inside Outlook Express? Thank you! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpr...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Outlook 2003 Follow Up Flags.
I am running Outlook 2003 and everyone else in the office is currently using Outlook 97. Whenever someone sends me an e-mail with a follow-up flag attached and I forward that e-mail I lose the follow-up flag. In Outlook 97 and in Outlook 2002 this was never a problem. I would hit forward and the follow up flag and all attachments would stay as normal. I have looked everywhere. Is there a setting or something that I am missing to correct this? We use follow-up flags extensively in our office. We really need a fix for this. Thank you. ...

Outlook retrieval of mail at MSN.COM (JSF)
I have an hotmail/msn email address and would like to be able to retrieve my mail using Outlook 2003. I have set up a http mail account in outlook, but I keep getting an error message saying the service is temporarily unavailable. The service has been unavailable for a week now, am I doing something wrong, or is there something I should know? Thank you so very much for you help (in advance) Joe Joseph Ferraro <josephferraro@optonline.net> wrote: > I have an hotmail/msn email address and would like to be able to > retrieve my mail using Outlook 2003. Is this a paid Hotm...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Outlook Set Up
I want to change my outlook that when I delete a message in my INbox that it goes away (right now I get a line through the message). After the message is deleted, I would like that it goes to the Deleted File. Can you help? Lothar wrote: > I want to change my outlook that when I delete a message in my INbox that it > goes away (right now I get a line through the message). After the message is > deleted, I would like that it goes to the Deleted File. Can you help? You forgot to mention a very important detail: what TYPE of e-mail account you are using. Sounds like...

how to explorer news with outlook
I used to explorer news(news.microsoft.com) with outlook express.I want to know how to explorer news with Microsoft Outlook 2003. Easy. Don't change a thing. Use Outlook Express. Outlook is not a news reader and hopefully never will be. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jack" <wu1@ecustmde.com> wrote in message news:OKIbCM0LFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I used to explorer news(news.microsoft.com) with outlook express.I want to > know how to explorer news with Microsoft Outlook 2003. > > ...

Outlook Attachments #18
Lately about half of the time I send an attachment, (excel or word) the attachment does not go through. It shows as a Win.Data file. Any suggestions? Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Lately about half of the time I send an attachment, > (excel or word) the attachment does not go through. It > shows as a Win.Data file. > Any suggestions? Yah. Don't use Rich Text. (The attachment is probably winmail.dat, not Win.Data) -- Brian Tillman ...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

My computer running slow on outlook 2007 & 200k emails
I cant work on the computer when outlook is running.. I know its alot of emails but outlook is made for that. Any solution? Thanks.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are all 200K in the Inbox or spread throughout different folders? (You want the later for better performance.) "aa" <aa[at]dsfsf[dot]com> wrote in message news:OHQzwByhKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I cant work on the computer when outlook is running.. > I know its alot of emails but outlook is made for that. > Any solution? > > Thanks.. Submitted using http://www....

Outlook issues...
Hi group, So it seems like I have royally screwed up my outlook. Here are my issues: 1. I set up my outlook from gmail and at one point it stopped importing all my old messages. I tried to delete the profile and it didn't work so I set up a new gmail account which worked. How do I get rid of the old inbox that no longer receives messages? Its the one that is under personal folders? 2. My outlook is automatically deleting emails. Sometimes if I'm fast enough I can read them but other times they are just deleting. I have no idea where the emails are going or how to make it stop. I...

List of Icons for Outlook
In earlier versions, Help in Outlook had an easily accessible list of all the little icons used (e.g. open & closed envelope symbols) I can't find the same thing in 2002. I'm puzzled by 2 versions of the Contacts "business card" and want to find out what each one means. Anyone know where I can find a definitive list of 2002 Outlook Icons please? Many thanks gill.webster@virgin.net, you wrote on 18 Oct 2005 01:14:20 -0700: > In earlier versions, Help in Outlook had an easily accessible list of > all the little icons used (e.g. open & closed envelope symbol...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Outlook send/receive #9
Running WinXp Pro. Office XP. Error with Send/receive in outlook. Operation Failed. Uninstall/reinstall fails. Cannot find an .srs file. Help please. Very frustrated. ...

Contacts forwarded or attached from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 are blank
Sending individual contacts from Outlook 2003, either forwarded from the contacts folder or attached as an item in an email, appear on Outlook 2007 as an attached message (msg) instead of a contact item and when opened are blank. How do we fix this? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:OLBVl1siJHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Sending individual contacts from Outlook 2003, eit...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...