Keep receiving duplicated emails

Dear Guru,
    I have the same issue as James posted om August 2005. The topic is
:

Help on this: keep receiving multiple emails

    I always download the same email message for multiple times. One of
my colleague has same issue. I do not have "leave a copy of massage"
option enabled. Which means outlook will delete the email on the server
once I downloaded it. And the outlook is sp2 already. Can someone
please help me on this? Thanks for your help and time.

0
g1973627 (1)

g1973627@gmail.com <g1973627@gmail.com> wrote:

>    I always download the same email message for multiple times. One of
> my colleague has same issue. I do not have "leave a copy of massage"
> option enabled. Which means outlook will delete the email on the
> server once I downloaded it. And the outlook is sp2 already. Can
> someone please help me on this? Thanks for your help and time.

If the messsage is being downloaded multiple times,. then it must be being
left on the server.  Since you don't have that option enabled, then
something is interrupting the receive process in such a way that Outlook
never completes it properly.  So, the first thing to do it to make sure you
are not scanning incoming mail with an add-in (antivirus or -spam).  If you
are, disable the feature in the scanning application.  Next, increase your
server timeout value on the Advanced tab of your account properties.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

receive vs. send connector?
Why would a receive connector's perm's groups affect mail delivery outbound for an E2K7 org to send mail? Aren't receive connectors only used during the inbound mail process? I had an NDR come back to me when sending from OWA to an external address saying "Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator" and it specified my edge server. On my edge server's default receive connector i enabled exchange ser...

Po and receive
is there a place in GP that I can print all po's and their receipts? or can I get to it from the tables It's in the POP tables. You will need to create a report. Start with the receipts and then group by the purchase orders. As long as you only want PO's that have been received, you'll be okay. If you want all purchase orders and any receipts they have had, that report will require some temp table creation or other method of putting all purchase orders into a table and then linking that table to the receipts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Brian" wrote: > is th...

Emails #3

MULTIPLE DUPLICATE RECORDS IN REPORT
I have two tables. Table one is a customer table with general information. Table 2 have activity relating to the customer in table 1. For examples lets say your tracking purchases for a customer and table 2 is housing that information. Here is the problem. I have defined a field in the report that contains the customer information in the detail section due to the fact that there are multiple different customers. I have setup a text field that has purchase information from table 2. That text field has the following in the source code =avg([pdrating]). That works great and give ...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Cannot receive emails
I cannot receive email. I get the following error message: Account: 'mail.hughes.net', Server: 'mail.hughes.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.98.36.135 (64.98.36.135:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 Is this mail account associated with your work? They probably have the server blocked (behind a firewall) - you would have to ask them for specific settings to use at home to access the mail server. "mjsharpe" <mjsharpe@discuss...

Email Security #2
My company uses MS Exchange server for email and uses a spam filter. The problem is a lot of my personal emails are getting trapped in the spam filter and are being read by prying eyes before being forward to me. Is there any way I can encrypt all messages sent to my address from the client side (without needing MS Exchange priviliges). I obviously am using Outlook as my POP3 client. Is there any way I can do it without needing to contact and of the email senders to my account. Thanks ...

Organizing standard email messages
I have several dozen emails that I send out to my clients each week. A typical email will say something like, "This week you had no blah, blah, blah." Or it might say, "This month you had 15 blah, blah, blah and you can see them in the attached file." I use a standard signature file so my contact info is always there and always current. I currently keep a folder of generic messages like this and each week I pick the appropriate message, change a date in the text, attach the current file and send. This works fine but I can't help but wonder if somebody else has a ...

How to tell if an email was sent or not
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C42622.9A84E240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello: I have a user who was accessing our company exchange 2000 server over = VPN over the weekend. He was connected for many hours writing over 50 = emails...Near the end of his session, he received about 50 "email = undeliverable" messages pertaining to emails sent hours ago. Now, when he got into the office today, he asked that I look deeply into = the server logs to check to see if these...

Outlook 2003 will not receive
I am trying to run Outlook 2003 (just upgraded Office XP to 2003) on Windows XP Pro. The "Test Account Settings" button connects to SMTP and POP servers and finds no problems, Outlook sends mail OK, but will not receive. I am trying to connect through a LAN via ADSL. I have turned of my Firewall and Virus scanner. On all 4 of the POP accounts from which the previous version of Outlook was receiving I now get a message of the form: "Task 'F2S - Receiving' reported error (0x800408FC) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network... " Forte Agent...

Duplicate records in Excel
How do I highliht duplicate records in Excel? I created a data base in Excel, and discovered that there are duplicate tag numbers from the old paper work I'm pulling data off of. So I'm looking for a way to get Excel to find those duplicate records and highlight the rows they are in. Sheidsa, have a look here http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Sheidsa" <She...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

exchange 2003 multiple email addresses
I have a user that does testing and he has to have 300 or so email addresses assigned to his user account. test1.@domain.com, test2@domain.com, etc.... Does anyone know of a tool that can create these addresses? Or is there a way to import them to a user? I don't want to spend a day to add them individually. Thanks in advanced. Rob Take a look at admodify http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 Nue "rob" <rsl315@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137448735.584442.109830@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a...

Scheduled Emails not being delivered
We have just setup Exchange 2003 & our users cant send scheduled emails. Would anyone know why this is, is it a global setting in Exchange? Thanks ...

Viewing archived emails in Outlook Express
I recently had to have Windows re-installed on my computer, so I had a backup made of certain files including all the email I had in Outlook Express. I've managed to open some of them, but can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to open archived email inside Outlook Express? Thank you! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpr...

Email configuration problem #2
This is a repost of a note from a couple of days ago that got no replys. I'll try one more time befor I give up. Thanks for understanding. ********************************************* Outlook 2000. Is there a setting that I can have the email folders/subfolders expanded permanently so I don't have to go back & click on the + sign? -- Thanks in advance... Bob I assume if yr folders are expanded and you close OL, on reopening the folders are 'minimised' It works fine on my OL2k - folders expanded - cannot I'm afraid remember why, I do have a custom view set alltho...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

CRM Email Templates
hi, does anyone know where I can get CRM templates? even better, has anyone figured out how to put HTML in CRM email templates? thanks chad also, just imbed an image into template email in CRM. thanks. >-----Original Message----- >hi, does anyone know where I can get CRM templates? even >better, has anyone figured out how to put HTML in CRM >email templates? > >thanks >chad > >. > ...

Cannot Receive emails from certain people!
Hi Around two months ago one of our clients mysteriously started being unable to receive emails from around 4 users they could still receive emails from everyone else , so we thought it was a mail server problem. So we moved the emails to a new server and there still having the same issues. We have tried sending emails through AOL,Hotmail,Yahoo, O2 and our own email and they all go through fine , but these for compines which just happen to be there major clients keep getting this error- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: email Sent:...

Charter email account fails upon setup (SMTP error)
I have just had Charter internet installed at our house today. I have entered all of Charter's fairly simple settings (ports 110/25, no encryption, no authentication). Every time I run the 'Test Account Settings' I get the following error: Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). I am connected directly to my Charter cable modem via ethernet when this happens, so I have ruled out any other network issues (c...

I cant get my email through aol on outlook
I set up my accounts while using outlook but I cant send emails, or recieve any emails without going to other on line sites such as aol, hotmail, I have checked and re-checked but still unable to send or recieve any emails Need more info - what version of OUTLOOK ? This should work OK with any version. the AOL site gives help on how to do this showing you the names of your servers. It is IMAP mail. Hotmail is HTTP mail, and again the Hotmail site has help on how to do this. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

Email address not propagating
I recently upgraded my Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to 10.0 and since than, when I create a new user with a mailbox, the email address is not propagating or creating. Has anyone experience this or can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks Kit =?Utf-8?B?S2l0?= <Kit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9DCEF58F-D225-4ED0-985F-9E34D7641738@microsoft.com: > I recently upgraded my Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to 10.0 > and since than, when I create a new user with a mailbox, the email > address is not propagating or creating. Has anyone experience t...

Internal Receiving
We had quite the employee turnover in the last few months and we need to stop the accounts from receiving email... external email has been stopped, but internal email still manages to find its way to the account. 1. The account still needs to be enabled - Administrative purposes. 2. The account has been removed from all groups. 3. The account's SMTP address has been changed to a non-existent entity. Also, We have a Black-Hole group, but for the first month the account cannot be added to this group because we still want the sender(s) to receive NDR's. Bla-bla-bla... we j...

Notification message of receival in mail merge in Publisher 2007
How can i receive notification message that the recipients have received my mail when making mail merge in Publisher 2007 That is an Outlook function, look in Outlook's options, E-mail options, tracking options. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rodia" <Rodia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40016055-E5C8-4D76-AFAB-EA9C5FBEA56D@microsoft.com... > How can i receive notification message that the recipients have received my > mail when making mail merge in Publisher 2007 Tha...