KB 228509 Anyone have the fix?

I found the KB article 228509 describing my exact problem,
but Microsoft wants me to pay money to contact them to get
the fix.  Has anyone already done this and/or does anyone
know what the fix is?

Thanks

Eric

Reorder a CSV file...Anyone?
How can I reorder a CSV file (in Excel) in which names and addresses are held? Each name and address is on an individual row, with the name and each line of a particular address in a separate column. I wish to reorder this matrix of data so that it can be transferred to Word with the names and addresses appearing as though they would on an envelope (i.e. below each other) viz: Name Address1 Address2 Address3 Rather than: Name Address1 Address2 Address3 I'm using Word & Excel 2003. SpamMePlease(NOT) wrote: > How can I reorder a CSV file (in Excel) in which na...

Modifed Invoice won't print properly with fixed fees
Hi there, I would appreciate any help with my problem. I have imported a modified invoice (modified with Report Writer) into GP and made a couple cosmetic changes (made a couple address Global and did some minor formatting) with no changes to the actual invoice content. The new invoice doesn't print when it's not fixed fees but it does in other modes. I have been able to print the original modified invoice with fixed fees so I have no idea where the issue lies. When I mean it won't print properly, I mean that the footer prints but there seems to be a big white box ...

Has anyone seen my FIND dialog box (Word 2007)?
My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command (press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), the FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows and it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other applicaitons. Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog box back? Well, when you open the Find panel your cursor is in the box, so you could start typing some...

Export fixed width file from Access 2003
Hi everyone ! I'm using Access 2003. I'm trying to export an Access table in to a fixed width text file through VBA as follows: DoCmd.TransferText acExportFixed, "GROUP_SPEC", "TempGroup", strFileNameAndPath "GROUP_SPEC" is the name of the fixed width specification and is very much valid and so are the rest of the arguments, but I'm getting the following error: 3027 : Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. Can anyone please help me out ? thanks. -- Sreedhar If you are certain all arguements are valid, is it possib...

Anyone a conditional formatting guru?
Hi, Below I have an example of a spreadsheet that summarizes testing scores. The Kindergarten teacher liked it so much that now she wants a file for each grade! The way it works is that a green cell means the student is not at risk. A pink cell means the student is at risk and a yellow cell is borderline. I haven't done much with Conditional Formatting, but it was pretty tedious highlighting each range and putting in the criteria, so to now do it for each grade seems like a long project. I figure someone out there knows a better way. Is there any way to set up a table that lis...

Does anyone know of a Check Cashing Add On?
I am wondering if anyone has written, or is willing to write an add-on for check cashing? Basically in California, if a customer cashes more than 10K in a year, I have to be able to report that particular customer to the IRS. I need to have all of that customers info, such as Social Security, etc. Currently using RMS, I don't have to input all of that info. I am willing to pay for this add on, if someone can come up with what I need. -- Thank You Vince :) Vince, Is this just for cashing checks and not for payment for purchases? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security...

CRM and KB article 815154
I have installed Microsoft CRM Server on a Windows Server 2000 SP4 machine running Microsoft Small Business Server 2000. I have installed all the needed software, including SQL Server SP2, Exchange 2000, IIS, Indexing services, Message Queuing, etc. When I try to launch CRM I get the error message: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your sysmem administrator". The event viewer basically says "select permsision denied on object "SystemUSer", database MSCRM". I found KB article 815154 (HOW TO: Configure SQL Server Security for .NET appli...

Outlook 2k3 - WAB corrupted after microsoft XP program Updates dated 4-14-2006
HI All, I'm new to this group but have found a problem with 4 different client machines at 4 different businesses since 4-15-2006 Background: 1. all machines running windows XP pro with SP2 and all updates installed 2. All machines using microsoft office 2k3 with microsoft outlook 2k3 as primary mail client What happened: on 4-15-2006 there were 4 security updates for windows XP available on the MS update site: KB912812 - (affects internet explorer) KB911567 - (affects outlook express) KB911562 - (data access componets) KB908531 - (windows explorer) The above updates we...

Can anyone suggest an E2k3 server-based product for content-filtering only?
Hello, We have a single Exchange 2003 server on a high-security, completely isolated network supporting about 300 users. I'm looking for a product to install on the Exchange server itself which will quarantine or block messages between users on the server (no SMTP traffic) should they contain specific keywords. Can anyone suggest a product? I'll need an anti-virus scanner as well (with manual updates) so a combined product would be ok. Thanks in advance, - Alan. On 7 Aug 2006 07:53:17 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We have a single Ex...

Grid lines are not aligned when I print. How do I fix this?
When I print my document the grid lines are not aligned. They appear to be fine on the screen. The alignment became crooked after moving the page borders so that the document will fit on one page. This sounds like a printer hardware problem not an Excel issue. Sorry, Sincerely, Gary Brown "Solution Seeker" <Solution Seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73B3DCF-F08E-4929-B599-C3D083A155AA@microsoft.com... > When I print my document the grid lines are not aligned. They appear to be > fine on the screen. The alignment became crooked after moving the ...

KB 228509 Anyone have the fix?
I found the KB article 228509 describing my exact problem, but Microsoft wants me to pay money to contact them to get the fix. Has anyone already done this and/or does anyone know what the fix is? Thanks Eric ...

Can anyone get the front and rear pages of a booklet to display?
I can merrily paste a pic onto facing INTERNAL pages of a booklet. But I can't display "facing pages" for the covers (I can print preview)... I can't get a picture to go onto the front and rear covers, the picture gets cropped to the spine. I want one picture that wraps around the covers of the booklet (4" x 8 1/2") to fit into a #10 envelope. This is kind of tricky. The best way to achieve this would be doing the procedure on an inside facing page so you can readily see what you are doing. Insert the picture, copy/paste the picture, stack the two images b...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Any one know what I should do to get this fixed?
Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9548 Date: 5/16/2006 Time: 5:01:07 PM User: N/A Computer: NORDICS1 Description: Disabled user /o=NORDICAIR/ou=first administrative group/cn=Recipients/cn=sskinner does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Assign "Self" to the account. Nue "Steve MCSE MCV A+ NET+" <stvnchrs@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:E6OdnUIqtO...

How do rules get broken and how do I fix them?
I have Office Outlook 2003. Despite setting up rules for certain mail to be directed to a subdirectory/folder I sometimes find that despite the rule being set up, I still find the mail in my junk email folder. What's with that? Can this be fixed? Ron Ron Joiner <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote: > I have Office Outlook 2003. Despite setting up rules for certain mail > to be directed to a subdirectory/folder I sometimes find that despite > the rule being set up, I still find the mail in my junk email folder. > What's with that? The junk filtering occurs prior to t...

fix column width
How can i fix a column width in excel? The column contains a pivot table which resizes the column everytime it is changed. ...

KB down?
Is it just me or is the MBS KnowledgeBase down this morning? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com Looks like it's back up, maybe just posting about it fixes it....I'll have to try that sooner next time. :-) -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message news:%23$DVC3kRJHA.1144@TK2MSFTNGP05...

Is there anyone who can solve this?...
I am trying to write a formula by which I could be able to handle 1 conditions in total. Please help me out as Ms Excel can not handle mor than 7 nested ifs. I have tried almost every thing, but no use. Pleas show me a way out. How I can work around this situation. My query is as follows. What I am trying to achieve is this: Condition 1: If the value in cell A1=81, and If the value in cell B1=21 then in cel C3 show "good" else show "NE" (Remember the cell C3 is formatted b conditional formatting which will turn to green if the value is GOOD i the value is "NE" ...

Anyone used or know about SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT32 ?
I use IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT. In the SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT structure, the Data Buffer pointer is defined as PVOID which MS says is a "Pointer to any type". In Vista's ntddscsi header there is also a structure named SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT32 for "Win64 (thunking)". In this structure, the Data Buffer pointer is defined as a VOID * POINTER_32. MS defines these newer (to me) pointer types as follows : Pointer_32 = 32-bit system native pointer Pointer_64 = 64-bit system native pointer Pointer_32 on 64-bit systems is a "truncated" 64-bit ...

Overstating Depreciation in MSGP Fixed Assets
Hello, One of my customers is having a problem when running depreciation. If the life of the asset ends sometime in the month (not the end of month), and depreciation is run as of end of the month, the asset becomes fully depreciated, remaining life becomes zero. But the Net Book Value becomes negative. This seems to happen after the Year-End Closing process is run. Depreciation Method is Straight-Line Remaining Life. No Averaging Convention and No Switch. Currently customer does a Mass Change on the affected assets to Reset Year. What could the cause be? Depreciation should run without ...

KB Search in Service
I have added, a new KB article in to the KB. However, whenever I search for the article within the Service - Customer Service of CRM I don't get a result from the KB. However, if I try a search within my Workplace then I get a response. Is this due to the searching not being turned on within the Service section of CRM??? If so how do I turn it on?? It may simply be a time delay thing. Can you search for and find it from Customer Service if you try now? "datoon" <datoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E260C6-0B73-401C-86B1-0797D0CBC99A@microso...

Fixing the tickmarks in a line chart
Hi folks, I have some assay data for two groups, control and treated, over a number of days. First there is the pretreatment day, then there is day 0, day 1, and so on to day 10. I want to plot the control and treated data points against the days. I tried doing this as an x-y scatter plot, but it won't allow me to include an x point "pretreatment" since that's not a number. If I try a line graph, it lets me include "pretreatment" as a label, but the labels, data points and tick marks do not line up. I have fiddled with the tick mark options a great deal to no avail...

Anyone has an answer as to how to get Outlook to retrieve hotmail
Cal <Cal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Sure. Pay for the Hotmail account. Free ones don't work. -- Brian Tillman Get a Google Gmail account. Better threaded viewing...archiving and other features. And works nicely with Outlook...for free. ...

missing kb articles
when i click "help on the web" in ms money 2004, i'm taken to this page: http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/data/deluxe/webmenu.as p there, i see links to 2 kb articles that describe issues i'm experiencing. Money: You Cannot View Downloaded Transactions in the Account Register http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;316900 Downloaded Statement Does Not Open from the Web Site and Does Not Appear http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;818102 but these links are invalid. i cannot find these articles anywhere on microsoft's si...

msExchMasterAccountSid
Does anyone have a solution to bulk changes of the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute? KB 278966 and KB 319047 contain information about disabled accounts being unable to receive emails. There are a number of reasons that you would want a disabled account to get mail. Both article used to say if you have a few accounts you need to fix add SELF with Associated External Account permission. If you many accounts you need to change use ldifde to export a list of the accounts, modify the result file, and then use ldifde to import the changes. However both articles now say "For additiona...