Junk Mail - Out of Office

I read the following recently. Does this change also effect the order of
processing for Junk Mail and Out of Office replies. Do Out of Office replies
NOT fire for junk mail?

SP1 changes how the Junk Email filter works. Previously, Rules processed
messages ahead of the Junk email filter and only messages not handled by
rules were processed by the spam filter. SP1 runs the junk filter on all
messages before processing the messages using the Rules Wizard. While this is
a good thing for people who use multiple accounts and moves messages to
different folders, it may require users to add more addresses to their Safe
Senders list to avoid spam filtering.
0
Darryl1 (59)

The Out Of Office replies fire on the Exchange server not by the Outlook
client. Since the Junk E-mail Filter only works when Outlook is running (as
it is part of Outlook) Out of Office replies are not effected by this change
and will fire for Junk Mail as well. To solve this a Junk Mail Filter must
be installed on the Exchange server and must catch the Junk Mail before it
actually delivers it to the Exchange mailbox.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Darryl" <Darryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I read the following recently. Does this change also effect the order of
> processing for Junk Mail and Out of Office replies. Do Out of Office
> replies
> NOT fire for junk mail?
>
> SP1 changes how the Junk Email filter works. Previously, Rules processed
> messages ahead of the Junk email filter and only messages not handled by
> rules were processed by the spam filter. SP1 runs the junk filter on all
> messages before processing the messages using the Rules Wizard. While this
> is
> a good thing for people who use multiple accounts and moves messages to
> different folders, it may require users to add more addresses to their
> Safe
> Senders list to avoid spam filtering.

0
Roady

Change preinstalled Office 2007 version?
My new Dell notebook has a trial version of the Student edition of Office 2007 preinstalled. It will not accept the validation code of my Office Enterprise 2007 disks. How do I install the Enterprise edition? Do I remove the whole preinstalled version first? Ken H "Ken H" <KenH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFA07941-FBB7-4BDE-A95E-69E00A577744@microsoft.com... > My new Dell notebook has a trial version of the Student edition of Office > 2007 preinstalled. It will not accept the validation code of my Office > Enterprise 2007 disks....

e-mails are very large for just text
When using Outlook 2000, Windows 2000, and Word as the outlook e-mail editor, the e-mails wind up very large. I have set the e-mail format to be just plain text, but still an e-mail the size of this newsgroup posting message, may be anywhere from 5Kb to 98Kb. Responses will be even larger. I like to use Word as the editor, since I use the autotext entries quite frequently when writing e-mails. How can I reduce the e-mail size? Many of the people I send e-mail to are at remote locations and on dial-up connections. Thank you, John Gregory if you're using Word as the e-mail ed...

Maximum mail store size exceeded
Hello, I maintain a MS 2003 SBS. I have received the message, "Maximum mail store size exceeded,etc." on an individual user's account. The size of his mailbox is 200,000KB. I moved some of his mail to archive to temporary eleviate the issue and it's now functioning. Question is why in GOD's name is 200,000KB his limit????? The entire company has only used around 3GB of mail between them all, so the 16GB limit is not the case. I have "cache mode" enabled on this particular user, but other than that I have made NO adjustments to his settings. Can I ...

Junk E-mail Options
I have selected the check box to: Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E- mail folder The problem is Outlook is ignoring my request and still putting it in the Junk E-mail folder, where I have to manually delete it. Doesn't this work like the Junk E- mail option in Office XP? Thanks. ...

Automated Mail
how to create a rule to send a mail which is stored in draft or inbox or folders to a certian email address on a certain date Outlook doesn't send from drafts like that - you can either set a message to send later or use task scheduler. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http...

Dead Mail
Hi all, I assume the junk email that exchange catches ends up in Dead Mail. My Question is how can I read and retrieve dead mail/old junk mail. -- Vince If you've got the IMF installed and set to archive, then junk mail ends up in the 'ucearchive' folder underneath your SMTP virtual server folders. If you're referring to the BadMail folder, then this is where Exchange stores (for want of a better description) NDRs that cannot be delivered. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

setting for sent mail
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with two e-mail accounts (1) a hotmail (HTTP) account and (2) a fastmail (IMAP) account. When I use Outlook to send an e-mail from the IMAP account, it places a copy of the sent message in the MSN Hotmail Sent folder rather than the fastmail folder. I want Outlook to file sent items in the sent folder of the account from wich I sent it. I am pretty sure that I'm missing an obvious setting but just can't find it. Any help would be really appreciated! Michael friedman_michael AT nospam.hotmail.com Hi, Apologies if my previous post was not clear. D...

Take long time to check new mails
When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1 minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages. And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1 minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder. I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly. Every other client I have used doesn't take more...

Office XP Web Components supported by Office 2003
Due to custom software that is being used....i need to use Office XP Web Components with Office 2003 installed on my machine. Is this supported and will this cause any issues when i run office Updates ...

junk emails
how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? Dave895 wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 00:37 > how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? With the company that hosts my E-mail( The Message center) they use Google app PostInin and you are allowed to black list or block a sender. If you do not have this ability you can block a sender with in Outlook. Tools > Options > Junk E-mail > Block Senders. Hope this helps. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Junk mail not moved to Junk folder
When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook would automatically move the email to the junk folder. Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003 to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in my inbox and I have to delete it. I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out. Appreciate any help. ...

duplicate mails
i have an exh 2000 server which is sending duplicate mails to a forwarded user the amount of time that there is a copy of the mail going to the exch 2000 server list? E.G if i send a mail to user1 and user2, user2 being a forward out to an external user, then user2 get the message twice. if i repeat the message attaching user3, then user2 gets three messages. Can anybody offer any help on this as i have looked and tried everywhere else! ...

Migration Assistant and Office 2008
I have an iMac G4. I want to put Office 2008 on it right now, but I am planning to purchase a MacBook Pro this summer. Will Office 2008 work if I install it on my iMac and then use MIgration Assistant to put Office on my Macbook Pro later? It will work in both places, but FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T use Migration Assistant to move it :-) You cannot simply "migrate" applications from one processor type to another: the application support files are totally inconsistent and will get you into just about all the trouble there is!!! Just run a new installation on the MacBook, and use t...

Changing language in office 2007
Hello! I purchased my computer from dell spain and ordered everything in english. I received the computer as ordered but with office in spanish. I have tried to call technical support but all the information they give me is that with the office CD that I received I can change the language to english myself. However they give no information on how. I have tried to change it as per instructions on the microsoft office help section but the menus ar all still in spanish. Can anybody help me explain how I can change the menus in spanish office to english? Is it even possible? To...

E-mails don't apprear in the others users
Hello In the company we have Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2002 and 2003. I actived the option "Chached Mode" with Exchange. The Sales Force users to travel a lot and they work from any computer in the domain and they have access to e-mails. But when I actived the "Cached Mode" option one copy local was done in one computer and the other computers can't read the e-amils. How I can do to work with "Chached Mode" and in the same time be able to work with others computers? Or how can I restore this e-mails in the server to work with Outlook 2002 like ...

using Outlook Express for yahoo mail
Is it possible to use Outlook Express to check the email on my yahoo account? Does anyone know what to put in for the pop 3 server when using yahoo? Any setting would be appreciated.. Thanks for the help...tcoop Tom This is the wrong group. This group is for OL (Outlook) You might want to try the microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress on this same server. To answer your question as far as I know yes it is possible and you will have to contact yahoo for their pop3 and smtp server ady's Peter "Tom C" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message new...

junk email #10
I know how to label junk emails and have them killed befor they come in but lately have been getting emails with nothing in the sender field. The junk email feature adds the sender to the blocked senders list and it won't accept a blank. I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank senders field. Any ideas?? Tnx Loretta Loretta Pirozzi <seattlewalks@msn.com> wrote: > I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank > senders field. Create a rule that deletes all messages _except_ if they contain some character in the sender field. -- Brian Tillman...

deploying outlook 2003 with office xp using ciw
In my company office xp is used but for performance reasons oulook 2003 needs to be installed in office xp there is a seperate msi for outlook but now i tried to use the ciw i only selected outlook but when i silently install i get every hing but outlook if i install interactively i do see the same options that i chose for the mst .. help any body?? ...

Is Windows Mail causing email from getting to my blackberry?
I have a webmail POP3 account for work. Instead of checking email on the web, I set it up in Windows Mail. On my web email I chose to leave a copy on the server. I also did this when I set up the Windows Mail account. Regularly, email stops coming to my blackberry and I have to validate my password on my blackberry constantly. Does Windows Mail have anything to do with this? No. However, some providers don't allow multiple POP downloads. Who is the mail provider for that account? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Mail Merge Security
When I use Word and Outlook to send form letters to the e- mail address, I have to click YES to authorize each letter being sent - even if it is 800 letters. This must be a new setting with XP since it did not work this way in 2000. Any recommendations on how to get around it? If you install the April 25, 2002, Word 2002 update, and send the messages in HTML format, you should not get the security prompt anymore. (It was actually introduced in Outlook 2000 SP2.) See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm#ol2kmerge for more information (look in the Outlook 2002 section). -- J...

Relief "JUNK" sensitivity
Hi, In a 2k3 Exchange, I was configuring RPC over HTTP (I am not certain if that had anything to do with the problem I am posting here) and suddenly busniess emails: 1 - Are sometimes considered JUNK. 2 - Are being delivered to my email box (I have administrator priviliges.) How to: 1 - Reliefe sensitivity on junk mail classification? 2 - Even if considered junk, how to direct those emails to their destined box? Thanks Yba The answer to your questions depend on: What anti-spam solution(s) are you using? Are these buisness emails originating internally or comming from an external sources ...

Send As permission for mail-enabled list
I've set up a mail-enabled distro list in Exch2003. I've tried both Universal and Global and receive the same results. I have multiple users I need to add to this list and to have Send As permission (i.e. I need for multiple users to be able to send mail from this mail- enabled account). I've been configuring and re- configuring this for about 4 hours now and I've found that I add the group and then add a user and grant that user Send As permission. Any subsequent users added in the same manner cannot send from this account. They receive a message stating that they...

Office Installation #2
I purchased Office:mac v.X for my Powerbook G4. I am running system 9.2.2 because most of my applications are older. My question is: does Office:mac v.X have a version of Word that will run on my 9.2.2 operating system? Or will it only run on system X? When I bought Adobe Acrobat Distiller (for Mac OS X), it had a system 9.2.2 install option. Should I assume that microsoft does things the (correct) same way? No, Office X is not compatible with OS 9. It requires OS X 10.1 to run, and OS X 10.1.5 or later for full functionality. If you don't have OS X and don't plan on upgrading, use ...

Office 2003 Colors
I prefer the standard color pallet from Office 2003. All of my spreadsheets are based upon that color pallet. Is there any way to make the Office 2003 color pallet the default pallet when using Office 2007? Because you used the term "spreadsheet" I will assume you are talking about Excel. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288412 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Russian Expat" <RussianExpat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B388B347-70DC-4F25-B10C-ED74AD...