Junk mail not moved to Junk folder

When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and
inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook
would automatically move the email to the junk folder.
Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003
to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in
my inbox and I have to delete it.
I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out.
Appreciate any help.

Maximum mail store size exceeded
Hello, I maintain a MS 2003 SBS. I have received the message, "Maximum mail store size exceeded,etc." on an individual user's account. The size of his mailbox is 200,000KB. I moved some of his mail to archive to temporary eleviate the issue and it's now functioning. Question is why in GOD's name is 200,000KB his limit????? The entire company has only used around 3GB of mail between them all, so the 16GB limit is not the case. I have "cache mode" enabled on this particular user, but other than that I have made NO adjustments to his settings. Can I ...

e-mails are very large for just text
When using Outlook 2000, Windows 2000, and Word as the outlook e-mail editor, the e-mails wind up very large. I have set the e-mail format to be just plain text, but still an e-mail the size of this newsgroup posting message, may be anywhere from 5Kb to 98Kb. Responses will be even larger. I like to use Word as the editor, since I use the autotext entries quite frequently when writing e-mails. How can I reduce the e-mail size? Many of the people I send e-mail to are at remote locations and on dial-up connections. Thank you, John Gregory if you're using Word as the e-mail ed...

Junk E-mail Options
I have selected the check box to: Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E- mail folder The problem is Outlook is ignoring my request and still putting it in the Junk E-mail folder, where I have to manually delete it. Doesn't this work like the Junk E- mail option in Office XP? Thanks. ...

Automated Mail
how to create a rule to send a mail which is stored in draft or inbox or folders to a certian email address on a certain date Outlook doesn't send from drafts like that - you can either set a message to send later or use task scheduler. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http...

Exchange folder permissions different on server/client
I am trying to modify attributes on a public calendar and have owner privledges on the calendar ("client privledges) via the Exchange System Manager. However, it shows I only have author priveledges on the client (Outlook 2003) and it won't let me modify any settings. Any reason why these are different? Any way to set them to be the same? When did you make these changes? The reason I ask it because you might be looking at two different public folder stores. Check what public folder store Outlook is using: Hold down Ctrl and left click on the Outlook icon on your tool bar > ...

Dead Mail
Hi all, I assume the junk email that exchange catches ends up in Dead Mail. My Question is how can I read and retrieve dead mail/old junk mail. -- Vince If you've got the IMF installed and set to archive, then junk mail ends up in the 'ucearchive' folder underneath your SMTP virtual server folders. If you're referring to the BadMail folder, then this is where Exchange stores (for want of a better description) NDRs that cannot be delivered. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Opening Other Users "Non
Hello All: I tried sharing a folder that was on the exchange server using my Outlook 2003 , but when I go to another computer and try to connect, all I get to see are "Inbox, Calendar, etc".. How do I see the specific folder that I'm trying to share? Do I need to move it under my Inbox in order for other people to see it? -Blake to share and see non-standard folders, you either need to have someone add your mailbox to their folder view (after you have given the appropriate rights) so they can then navigate down to it, have them use OWA to see it (where you can explici...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

setting for sent mail
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with two e-mail accounts (1) a hotmail (HTTP) account and (2) a fastmail (IMAP) account. When I use Outlook to send an e-mail from the IMAP account, it places a copy of the sent message in the MSN Hotmail Sent folder rather than the fastmail folder. I want Outlook to file sent items in the sent folder of the account from wich I sent it. I am pretty sure that I'm missing an obvious setting but just can't find it. Any help would be really appreciated! Michael friedman_michael AT nospam.hotmail.com Hi, Apologies if my previous post was not clear. D...

Take long time to check new mails
When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1 minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages. And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1 minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder. I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly. Every other client I have used doesn't take more...

OWA & Public Folders #2
Hi all, in OWA it's possible to show in the same tree the Public Folders ? Actually, when I click on Public Folder button, it's opens a new window containing Public Folder tree. I remember that in OWA Exchange 2000, the Public Folder tree was at the end of the private folder tree. Thank's for the help. Marco Exchange 2003 changed the Public folder behavior. It no longer appears in the same folder view as the mailbox. Clicking on the Public Folders link will now open up the PF view in another window (as you have seen). -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Marc...

junk emails
how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? Dave895 wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 00:37 > how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? With the company that hosts my E-mail( The Message center) they use Google app PostInin and you are allowed to black list or block a sender. If you do not have this ability you can block a sender with in Outlook. Tools > Options > Junk E-mail > Block Senders. Hope this helps. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Junk mail not moved to Junk folder
When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook would automatically move the email to the junk folder. Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003 to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in my inbox and I have to delete it. I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out. Appreciate any help. ...

Public folders not visible after removing 5.5 server from site
After following all instructions for removing last Exchange 5.5 server from a mixed-mode site, the public folders are not visible from Outlook. They work fine from OWA. After fixing the siteFolderServer using ADSIEdit, the problem still exists. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be? "Richard Applebee" wrote: > After following all instructions for removing last Exchange 5.5 server from a > mixed-mode site, the public folders are not visible from Outlook. They work > fine from OWA. Problem solved. The Default Public Store on the General tab for the s...

duplicate mails
i have an exh 2000 server which is sending duplicate mails to a forwarded user the amount of time that there is a copy of the mail going to the exch 2000 server list? E.G if i send a mail to user1 and user2, user2 being a forward out to an external user, then user2 get the message twice. if i repeat the message attaching user3, then user2 gets three messages. Can anybody offer any help on this as i have looked and tried everywhere else! ...

using Outlook Express for yahoo mail
Is it possible to use Outlook Express to check the email on my yahoo account? Does anyone know what to put in for the pop 3 server when using yahoo? Any setting would be appreciated.. Thanks for the help...tcoop Tom This is the wrong group. This group is for OL (Outlook) You might want to try the microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress on this same server. To answer your question as far as I know yes it is possible and you will have to contact yahoo for their pop3 and smtp server ady's Peter "Tom C" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message new...

E-mails don't apprear in the others users
Hello In the company we have Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2002 and 2003. I actived the option "Chached Mode" with Exchange. The Sales Force users to travel a lot and they work from any computer in the domain and they have access to e-mails. But when I actived the "Cached Mode" option one copy local was done in one computer and the other computers can't read the e-amils. How I can do to work with "Chached Mode" and in the same time be able to work with others computers? Or how can I restore this e-mails in the server to work with Outlook 2002 like ...

junk email #10
I know how to label junk emails and have them killed befor they come in but lately have been getting emails with nothing in the sender field. The junk email feature adds the sender to the blocked senders list and it won't accept a blank. I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank senders field. Any ideas?? Tnx Loretta Loretta Pirozzi <seattlewalks@msn.com> wrote: > I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank > senders field. Create a rule that deletes all messages _except_ if they contain some character in the sender field. -- Brian Tillman...

Moving away from Front End Server and RPC over HTTP concerns
We are currently in the process of eliminating our FE server. We have 2 BE servers and will soon be going to just one after eliminating the FE server. All the mailboxes are on one BE server. Is there a process for removing a FE server that accepts RPC over HTTP connections and moving it to the one BE server that has the mailboxes and running RPC over HTTP without much client interruption? We were thinking of just moving the SSL cert over from the FE to the BE server, then just mapping the external IP address away from the FE server over to the BE server IP. My fear is that something could...

Is Windows Mail causing email from getting to my blackberry?
I have a webmail POP3 account for work. Instead of checking email on the web, I set it up in Windows Mail. On my web email I chose to leave a copy on the server. I also did this when I set up the Windows Mail account. Regularly, email stops coming to my blackberry and I have to validate my password on my blackberry constantly. Does Windows Mail have anything to do with this? No. However, some providers don't allow multiple POP downloads. Who is the mail provider for that account? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Mail Merge Security
When I use Word and Outlook to send form letters to the e- mail address, I have to click YES to authorize each letter being sent - even if it is 800 letters. This must be a new setting with XP since it did not work this way in 2000. Any recommendations on how to get around it? If you install the April 25, 2002, Word 2002 update, and send the messages in HTML format, you should not get the security prompt anymore. (It was actually introduced in Outlook 2000 SP2.) See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm#ol2kmerge for more information (look in the Outlook 2002 section). -- J...

Share a folder in my mailbox
We use Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000. How can I share a folder that is in my mailbox an dthat I made myself (so not th inbox, tasks, etcc). I know I can drop the items in a public folder or a personal folder and than start sharing that folder with the appropriate tools. However I don't want to do that!! (we have had some very bad experiences with moving items from one the private store to the pub-store or personal folder) On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:08:07 -0800, "MarioFromBelgium" <MarioFromBelgium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2...

Relief "JUNK" sensitivity
Hi, In a 2k3 Exchange, I was configuring RPC over HTTP (I am not certain if that had anything to do with the problem I am posting here) and suddenly busniess emails: 1 - Are sometimes considered JUNK. 2 - Are being delivered to my email box (I have administrator priviliges.) How to: 1 - Reliefe sensitivity on junk mail classification? 2 - Even if considered junk, how to direct those emails to their destined box? Thanks Yba The answer to your questions depend on: What anti-spam solution(s) are you using? Are these buisness emails originating internally or comming from an external sources ...

Send As permission for mail-enabled list
I've set up a mail-enabled distro list in Exch2003. I've tried both Universal and Global and receive the same results. I have multiple users I need to add to this list and to have Send As permission (i.e. I need for multiple users to be able to send mail from this mail- enabled account). I've been configuring and re- configuring this for about 4 hours now and I've found that I add the group and then add a user and grant that user Send As permission. Any subsequent users added in the same manner cannot send from this account. They receive a message stating that they...

mail merge #12
i can use the standard 4 up post card mail merge no problem. what i want to do is a custom 11x17 sheet 8 up postcards. so far no problem. i want to merge a database to this 8 up sheet. any ideas????? Gordon what version of Publisher are you using? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" YOU'RE BACK!!!! :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:OVPGeVmWEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Gordon what version of Publisher are you using?...