Junk mail filters dont work in conjuction with rules

I have recently upgraded to outlook 2003 and I have found that if I
use rules, the junk mail filters dont work.

I have 2 basic rules setup that move mail to specific folders
depending on which account they come from.

When the rules are enabled, the junk filters dont work regardless of
the protection level.

I have the feeling that the rules are also pulling the junk mail out
of the junk folder and sorting them as when I do a large mail
download, you can see mails flashing in an out of the junk mail
folder.

Is there any way to make the junk mail filter overide all other
filters?

Amit
0
amit3607 (6)

DPM Newsgroup will stop working from June 30. 06-08-10
As many of you already would have read about newsgroup deprecation. DPM newsgroup will be deprecated on June 30 onwards. To discourage activity on newsgroup and to encourage everybody to move to Technet forum, from now onwards DPM team will not be actively verifying that the customer queries are answered in newsgroup. Everybody who is using the newsgroup to get their queries answered please shift to technet forum before newsgroup services are stopped. Technet Forum website: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. You need a Live...

Mail receiving issue
Hi We have a little issue with our exchange server which is bugging me. Scenario is Windows 2K server with Exchange 2K fully updated. Basically the majority of mail gets through to our exchange server and onto outlook for our users, but some of our mail goes to our fallback (priority 10) location. Why aren't all of our e-mails coming through the exchange server?? There are no messages on the event viewer to suggest there is a problem with Exchange. This can happen anytime during the day. Has anyone got any suggestions??? Thanks Simon Simon, When you state that the email goes ...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

Inconsistent rule problem
I have a rule set up that automatically forwards specific emails as an attachment. The problem is that sometimes an email will come in the rule will send it off and then the email is marked as read, at other times it's marked as unread. Is there anyway to make sure that the email will read unread until I actually read it? -- ejames See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "ejames"...

unsend or retrieving e-mails?
Hello there! Here is a nut for the pros... Is it possible in any way to retrieve sent e-mails? Sometimes - like right now - I am a bit (read: very very) frustrated, because I have sent an e-mail to the wrong person. Once in a while I have sent mails from my draft folder, by mistake too. Are there any ways to unsend such messages or perhaps delete them before they are received on the other end of the line?? I am not alone on this, believe me. Only if you are using Exchange server and are trying to retrieve mail from the same organization that has not been opened. You can try using...

OLE woes--will it ever work well?
We have a simple need--embed Excel worksheets in a Word doc, using Office 2000. Actually, it works--mostly, but in a heavy weight manner. The file size is large. Problem: Formatting on the Excel sheet gets cut in half it appears. I put a wide green border on the sheet. It prints nicely in Excel, but when embedded into a Word doc, it is narrower. Seems that MS never gets OLE stuff quite finished, imo. *** Is there a way to make the borders print correctly? *** I'm making an estimating guide for bidding purposes. There will be dozens of sheets. So one document may have a number of sheet...

Junk E-mail filter #2
The Junk E-mail filter I have learned does not work unless Outlook is running in cached mode. I am not sure I understand why this is so. The server does not provide any filtering, so unless we can put up with the delayed access time in cached mode, we can't have any filtering? Is that right? Or is there some other server-side filtering I'm not aware of? Thanks. Tim Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. You are right that the Junk Email filter feature only supports in Cached Exchange Mode. However, on the server side, you may use the following suggestion to prevent spam: 1. ...

Mail Merge #4
I have my address book alphabetized by Last Name, then First Name....and in my book it is correct. However, when I merge this listing into a Label set up...the addresses are all mixed up. How can I sort the merge? ? ? Thanks ...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

Incoming e-mails going to everyones e-mail account
I am running OfficeXP on a WindowsXP computer. I have set everyone in my family up with their own profile to log-on to our system. I then went into outlook for each profile and set-up incoming\outgoing mail for each e-mail address, in their profile so they can manage their own mail accounts. For some reason all incoming mail can be seen and read from everyone's mail account profile. And if I delete mail it deletes from all profiles. It seems to be putting all mail in a community inbox. What do I need to do to separate mail accounts? Thank You, Deborah "pugger13@nc.rr.com&qu...

Change Color Font on E-mail Signature
I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. Even when I copy and past, it comes out black. Help Hi Ron, i dont know your version. But if you go on your signature under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MAILFORMAT|SIGNATURES|EDIT|FONTS you could create a red line! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00dc01c47a49$0f82ad00$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. > ...

How do the client cals work?
I'm new to crm and a client of my companies just bout a 6 cal license. My question is, how do I enable the cals? Does it automatically know how many cals i have by the registration key? If I would ever buy more cals, how do I enable them? Hi Zach; The answer depends a bit on the type of licensing model you purchased under, but generally speaking you use the CRM Deployment manager (an app on the CRM server) and you will see a node there called License. You should be able either add your key there, or update the license key information there. Dave Ireland "Zach Thomas"...

Setting up email to work
I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I went into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a valid Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error and HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do? Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101": http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "Russ" <Russ@discussions.mic...

Message auto defaulted to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor
I have a problem with Outlook defaulting the view to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! ...

Message Restrictions not Working
I have inherited an Exchange organization. There is a mailbox with message restrictions - accept only from certain users. However, a user not on the list of these specifically authorized users is able to send a message to the mailbox. I note the previous administrator set up the AD account of the mailbox as a security group, not a distribution group. The user who was able to send this message--even though not authorized--has the restricted mailbox in her Outlook contact list. Would that bypass the restriction rule. How can we enforce the sending of messages to this mailbox only to membe...

Default Mail Account #3
I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the Exchange account becomes the default account. What can i do with this ? I want the pop3 account to be the default. What version of Outlook are you working with? The reason that I ask is that POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier versions. "makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message news:ucI%233u%23xFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. > My clients select their pop3 ac...

reading mail offline
Emails that contain graphics and have been fully downloaded cannot be read offline. Whenever I'm working offline and I need to read one of those emails with graphics, outlook attempts to connect to my host server--even though I've requested as an option that the contents of emails be fully downloaded. The same thing applies to webpages that I've saved in word format--either doc or html. Is there a way for all those emails and pages with graphics to be fully saved on disk so that the program--either outlook or word--does not attempt to connect to the web when I'm offline? z...

Can't send to a certain e-mail address / When used message stays in Outbox / Business Contact Manager
Hi, Have been investigating many articles on e-mails not being sent and remaining in Outbox. I've now narrowed it down to e-mails intended to be send to a specific e-mail address. I'm using WinXPHome Dutch, Office 2003 Dutch with Outlook's Business Contact Manager (BCM) I even changed BCM from an English version to a Dutch version recently but that didn't solve the issue. When I use multiple addresses in the same e-mail it apparently IS sent to all others except for that specific one. Even funnier, when I delete that specific e-mail address from the addressees the e...

Can't forward or send e-mails
We just started receiving this message and can't forward or send any e-mails. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'P&S', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Mike Change Port 25 to Port 587 and also disable your AV from scanning your in and outgoing emails -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mike" <Mike@discu...

"Filter for" context menu item for Access 2007
One of my most commonly used commands in previous versions of Access was the "Filter for" command available in the context menu when right clicking a field in a table or query. Is this feature available in Access 2007? The filter by form is not what I want because it requires many more operations to set up for a quick temporary filter than the "Filter for" menu command. I would frequently type SQL statements such as "A or B or C or D" in the "Filter For" filter command in Access 2003 and earlier. ...

How do i work out percentages using excel?
Could someone please tell me the formular to work out percentages using Excel? For example what 20% of £1.10 was. Hi Fern, Try "=1.10*.2" (remove quotes), and formatting the cell as percentage. You could also substitute the values above with cell references - if you enter the percentage value as a percentage, it will pick it up correctly. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Fern" <Fern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5FF910D-948E-4239-98D1-325157DB5F15@microsoft.com... > Could someone please tell me the formular to work out percentages ...

Send As isn't working
Our server is W2k3 SBS with Exchange 2003 I already grant "send as" permission to the user and it also has "send on behalf of" permission. The user profile has configured in Outlook 2002 his Exchange Account and the pop3 account of his supervisor. When he creates a new email and select the supervisor account to be sent as. The Outlook send it as the user not as the supervisor. What's wrong So you've enabled the "From" view when composing new messages and have selected the supervisor there? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "JG&quo...

BartShell Module has Stopped working. How do I correct this.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CAF243.7E120040 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0047_01CAF243.7E124E60" ------=_NextPart_001_0047_01CAF243.7E124E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My wep page is not opening and I'm unable to use the internet, I'm using = dial-up with Peoplepc. Is there something I need to do, I already tried = many things. Thanks, ------=_NextPart_001_0047_01CAF243.7E124E60 Content-Type: text/h...

Folder Assistant doesn't work when part of a Distribution List?
I have an Exchange 2003 server, running on a Windows 2003 member server in a Windows 2000 domain. We are using Outlook 2003. We created a Public Folder for messages, and using the Folder Assistant created a rule that replies to the sender of any message with a template. This rule works just fine whenever anyone inside or outside of the organization sends a message directly to the Public Folder. However, when we make the Public Folder a member of a group, and send a message to the group, the message is delivered correctly, but the reply template is never sent. Is there something wrong with th...

Switchboard Button Does Not Work
I've created many switchboards in previous versions of MS Access but this is the first one I've done in Access 2007 and I've come across a problem that has not occurred before. I currently have 2 swichboards (the main one, and a secondary one that is reached via a button on the main). When the database is first opened, all the buttons work fine. However, when I run a routine that imports data and then carries out a number of validity checks on that data (again, something that I have done numerous times in the past), the button on the main switchboard that links me to the se...