Junk filter BEFORE other filters?

I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well.
Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain
name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder.

Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so
the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do
it's job first and THEN to run my own rules?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
0

I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with
'X-Spam-Level:******'or'X-Spam-Level:*****'or'X-Spam-Level:****'or'X-Spam-Level:***'or'X-Spam-Level:**'or'X-Spam-Level:*'
in the message header
and on this machine only
move it to the junk folder

I hope it works for you too. This really can be an anoying problem

"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote in message

> I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well.
> Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain
> name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder.
>
> Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so
> the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do
> it's job first and THEN to run my own rules?
>
> --
> Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>

0
woody6451 (6)
9/2/2004 5:32:46 PM
InNeedOfAssistance <woody@rohland.org> wrote:

> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run:
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> with

'X-Spam-Level:******'or'X-Spam-Level:*****'or'X-Spam-Level:****'or'X-Spam-Le
vel:***'or'X-Spam-Level:**'or'X-Spam-Level:*'
> in the message header
> and on this machine only
> move it to the junk folder

I don't see why this rule is formed like it is because Rules don't
understand wildcards.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/2/2004 5:52:11 PM
Hi Brian,

They are actually strings therefore not used as wildcards. If you look at a
header for a piece of junk mail you should see one of these strings in the
header:

'X-Spam-Level:******'
'X-Spam-Level:*****'
'X-Spam-Level:****'
'X-Spam-Level:***'
'X-Spam-Level:**
'X-Spam-Level:*'

> InNeedOfAssistance <woody@rohland.org> wrote:
>
>> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run:
>>
>> Apply this rule after the message arrives
>> with
>>
> 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'X-Spam-Level:*****'or'X-Spam-Level:****'or'X-Spam-Le
> vel:***'or'X-Spam-Level:**'or'X-Spam-Level:*'
>> in the message header
>> and on this machine only
>> move it to the junk folder
>
> I don't see why this rule is formed like it is because Rules don't
> understand wildcards.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
woody6451 (6)
9/2/2004 6:27:30 PM
InNeedOfAssistance <woody@rohland.org> wrote:

> They are actually strings therefore not used as wildcards. If you
> look at a header for a piece of junk mail you should see one of these
> strings in the header:
>
> 'X-Spam-Level:******'
> 'X-Spam-Level:*****'
> 'X-Spam-Level:****'
> 'X-Spam-Level:***'
> 'X-Spam-Level:**
> 'X-Spam-Level:*'

Wouldn't it be simpler, then, to just test for 'X-Spam-Level:*', since that
string is included in all the others as well?  According to Microsoft,
testing for string "def" in a rule finds all strings containig that string,
such as "abcdef", "defghi", and "define", as well as " def  ".  My own
experience with rules seems to indicate that all delimiters are treated
identically so that a rule string of "one two three" will also find
"one/two/three", but I don't know that beyond a doubt.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Junk E-mail Options
I have selected the check box to: Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E- mail folder The problem is Outlook is ignoring my request and still putting it in the Junk E-mail folder, where I have to manually delete it. Doesn't this work like the Junk E- mail option in Office XP? Thanks. ...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

filter a form using a seperate form.
I can creat a search field on a form to filter records based on a certain field data. I would like to be able to do this on two different forms, meaning my search button will be on a different form than the one it applys filter to. I do not know how to reference the form I need to apply filter to. Can some one give me an idea. I just need a simple example. Regards. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 To reference another form's Filter property: Forms!FormName.Form.Filter = "?" Once you set the Filter property y...

Return one instance using formula or filter
Is it possible to filter based on the following example: colA Acalypha Acanthocalycium Acantholimon Acanthopanax Acanthus Acca Acer Acer Acer Acer Acer Aceras Aceriphyllum Achillea Achillea Achimenes result after filtering; Acalypha Acanthocalycium Acantholimon Acanthopanax Acanthus Acca Acer Aceras Aceriphyllum Achillea Achimenes Thankyou if you can help. Pat check advanced filter unique values in help "Pat" wrote: > Is it possible to filter based on the following example: > > colA > > Acalypha > Acanthocalycium > Acantholimon > Acanthopanax >...

junk emails
how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? Dave895 wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 00:37 > how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? With the company that hosts my E-mail( The Message center) they use Google app PostInin and you are allowed to black list or block a sender. If you do not have this ability you can block a sender with in Outlook. Tools > Options > Junk E-mail > Block Senders. Hope this helps. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

reference cell from advanced filter
I'm sure this is slam dunk, but I can't figure it out :) On worksheet 1, I have executed an Advanced filter of 900 rows, to get down to one row. No problem. Now, on Worksheet 2, I want to reference an ID number from my filtered row. Obviously, simply doing a regular cell reference won't work (=Sheet1!G271), because the filtered row will NOT always be row 271. So, how the heck do I reference the filtered cell without going back and linking to it new each time? The below formula will return the 1st entry in Column G from the filtered data in Sheet1. =INDEX...

File system filter driver
Hi, Please, describe me how i can insert my driver before any FSD (file system driver) driver in windows 2000. regds vinay I believe you need to call one of the IoAttachDevice() / IoAttachDeviceByPointer() / IoAttachDeviceToDeviceStack() IO manager API's to do this. Anyway post your question to the 'microsoft.public.development.device.drivers' group since MFC group is not the right one for this question. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Vinay" <v.sheel@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:eH4toLh6DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11....

outlook 2003 spam filter problems
I am running Outlook 2003 on both my desktop and laptop computers (POP accounts, not exchange). On my desktop, the spam filter picks out only perhaps 20% of actual spam, where on my laptop it picks out 80-90% (and properly transfers it to the spam folder). I notice this especially while travelling, when both computers are receiving the same email messages... Outlook on the laptop works fine, but not on the desktop. The spam filter on both systems are set to HIGH. Any ideas? Also, is there any way to force the spam filter to run on a specific folder on my desktop to see if it will cat...

Auto Filters
HELP! Is there a way to make sure that when you paste over rows in a filtere selection that it only updates the rows data that you have selected i the filter? I had auto filters on selecting a subset of my data and I was updatin some of the data through different filters by pasting new values ove 20 or 30 rows in the selection then I would select another filter an update those records. I thought everything was fine until I realize that when I was pasting I was also pasting over data in the rows tha were not selected in the filter. Thanks, M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Filter by Formula
Is there a way to filter by a formula? For instance, I want to filte all data with dates < today(). I tried entering in 'less than' an 'today()' but it didn't work for me. Thanks -- theillknigh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theillknight's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1099 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31440 Hi have you tried 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter'? "theillknight" wrote: > > Is there a way to filter by ...

filtering in outlook
Outlook 2000 In the folder pane heading I have (filter applied) and the inbox is displaying only the last week of email only. Yet when I search the inbox for emails, I get hits back to several years (as expected) Don't know how I turned the filter on..how do I turn it off? Thanks Jerry Switch the view you're using on the View menu or Advanced toolbar. That should remove the filter since you're probably using a 'Last week' view or similar <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:nhji22h7u1qv9uspla3s6d4ob18quvkp31@4ax.com... > Outlook 2000 > > I...

SUMPRODUCT Using Unary on Filtered Range
I have a filtered range which l sum using the SUBTOTAL(9, A1:A100 formula. It allows me to sum the filtered range without bringing i the data that is not included in the filtered range. I want to do SUMPRODUCT on this filtered range. Normally I would use the followin SUMPRODUCT(A1:A100, B1:B100). However this will not work on a filtere range. How can I do this in one formula without creating a ne column? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try SUMPRODUCT(A1:A100, B1:B100,SUTOTAL(3,OFFSET($A$1,ROW($A$1:$A$100)-1,0))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &...

Junk mail not moved to Junk folder
When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook would automatically move the email to the junk folder. Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003 to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in my inbox and I have to delete it. I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out. Appreciate any help. ...

junk email #10
I know how to label junk emails and have them killed befor they come in but lately have been getting emails with nothing in the sender field. The junk email feature adds the sender to the blocked senders list and it won't accept a blank. I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank senders field. Any ideas?? Tnx Loretta Loretta Pirozzi <seattlewalks@msn.com> wrote: > I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank > senders field. Create a rule that deletes all messages _except_ if they contain some character in the sender field. -- Brian Tillman...

Relief "JUNK" sensitivity
Hi, In a 2k3 Exchange, I was configuring RPC over HTTP (I am not certain if that had anything to do with the problem I am posting here) and suddenly busniess emails: 1 - Are sometimes considered JUNK. 2 - Are being delivered to my email box (I have administrator priviliges.) How to: 1 - Reliefe sensitivity on junk mail classification? 2 - Even if considered junk, how to direct those emails to their destined box? Thanks Yba The answer to your questions depend on: What anti-spam solution(s) are you using? Are these buisness emails originating internally or comming from an external sources ...

Rules and Junk e-mail conflict
I have outlook 2003. I have 5 pop3 e-mail accounts that outlook checks. I have rules set up for each one to move e-mail that is recieved from account "a" to inbox folder "a". Each account has its own inbox. The problem is when mail is recieved it first goes into the junk folder, then into the acounts inbox. It seams like the junk mail and rules are conflicting. I would like it if mail that is sent to the junk folder is not put back into the inbox. Ed, Did you ever get an answer to this? I would like to know the answer to this as well... Missy "Ed...

ISA URL filter and OWA
I just discovered that a URLscan filter in an ISA server was filtering some OWA message requests. A user in the office could open messages fine, then would go home and not be able to open the same message (using OWA both places). This was only the case with some messages and attachments. Most messages got through fine. Has anybody else encountered this problem? I'm not all that up on ISA server .... but need to be. It's Exchange 2000 OWA and ISA 2000 server. Turning off the filter fixed the issue, but now I wonder if I'm left vulnerable to malformed URL attacks or some such...

MTD Total as of Date Filtered
I have a report with a "Date" column and a "MTD" column. The user is prompted to enter a single date. i want the MTD column to sum the data from the first of the month (of the date entered) to the date entered. Currently, it is summing the whole month. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Sum what "data"? Are there some actual table and field names? Is the a SQL view that you could share from the report's record source? This is an expression that could be used in a report of the Orders table in Northwind ot get the MTD freight: =Sum(Abs([OrderD...

junk mail not junk- how to designate as not junk
I receive an email and it is automatically sent to junk box but it is not junk. I move it to the In Box but it still thinks it is junk. I do not find a designation "this is not junk". How do I tell Outlook it is not junk? using outlook 2002 SP3. thanks for YOUR assistance. -- Gene "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75125475-4CF6-4224-8F28-60855DDB12A3@microsoft.com... >I receive an email and it is automatically sent to junk box but it is not > junk. > I move it to the In Box but it still thinks it is jun...

Junk messages comimg via my website form Please help
A bit long sorry......... I have a form on a page of my website. It gives my possible customers a chance to contact me with enquires or comments. The messages come direct to my email. The problem I am finding is that I am getting messgaes via this well which I think are VERY INAPPROPIATE (if you know what I mean) Does ant one know how I can stop these as I am finding it a little distressing. A customer has also contacted me and said she sent me a messgae which I did not recieve so I am also wondering if there is some kind of possible virus attached. Please help! Naomi Naomi, Hm...

Catalogue Merge
Hi I'm trying to set up a Catalogue Merge to merge in some text fields to a Publisher 2003 document. The problem I have is that the text in the SQL Server database source is in HTML format, so around the text I also have a number of formatting tags. Does anyone know if its possible to in some way filter out these tags? i.e. Is it possible to implement a SQL-type REPLACE function in the merge process, or is there any other way of achieving this? Many thanks if anyone can help... ...

How do I change messages going to junk e-mail into Inbox?
Some how I changed my messages to go directly into my junk e-mail folder and not the inbox. How can i change this back? "jeanster" <jeanster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7A47246-516A-4062-9FA8-17DF1D67F134@microsoft.com... > Some how I changed my messages to go directly into my junk e-mail folder and > not the inbox. How can i change this back? Check your Blocked Sender list and other Junk E-mail settings. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook 2002 junk senders vs junk filter
Is there a way to have just the junk senders list enabled without the default junk filters enabled? It seems that you cannot modify the junk filters. Is my only option to manual create a rule for the junk senders? Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to have just the junk senders list enabled without the > default junk filters enabled? It seems that you cannot modify the > junk filters. Is my only option to manual create a rule for the junk > senders? Since the OL 2002 junk filter is nearly worthless anyway, having it enabled is just about lik...

16X25X5 MERV 8 Carrier Replacement Filter (2 Pack)
Price:$47.98 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000NMJ31M Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000NMJ31M Original box type design. Removes atmospheric and household dust, coal and insecticide dust, mites, pollen, tobacco smoke, cooking smoke, grease, mold, fungi and more down to 0.3 micron. This product is listed and rated by Underwriters Laboratories as U.L. Class 2. ...

Filtering a report by controls
I'm currently running reports from my database for a date range using controls FromDate and ToDate. This works fine, but I'd like the reports to also sort by an additional control called EmpSelect. The current code I'm using is: Dim strWhere As String Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "FreqByEmployee" strWhere = "[Date] >= #" & _ Forms!FreqReportMenu![FromDate] & "# And [Date] <=#" & _ Forms!FreqReportMenu![ToDate] & "# " DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , strWh...