Junk E-mail Reporting Tool for Outlook

Microsoft is now offering for download a free "Junk E-Mail Reporting Tool
Version 1.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook." It is described this way ...

"Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Tool submits e-mail to Microsoft when you
explicitly choose to do so. If you receive a junk e-mail and want to report
it to us for analysis, first select the e-mail in Outlook and then click the
junk e-mail button on your tool bar. You will see a pop-up window asking
whether you want to report the selected e-mail to Microsoft and its
affiliates. When you click "Yes" to confirm that you'd like to report the
selected e-mail as junk e-mail, the junk e-mail will be deleted from your
Inbox and sent to FrontBridge, a Microsoft company, for analysis to help us
improve the effectiveness of our junk e-mail filtering technologies."

I tried it and have reviewed it for betanews.com. Here is my review ...

"What a good idea", I thought. "Here is a chance to do something about junk
email". I quickly downloaded this application and ran it. I then opened
Outlook 2003 and noticed the new button "Report as Junk and Delete". Hitting
the "Send/Receive" button, I soon noticed several emails which I knew were
junk, but had somehow survived my junk email filters and ended up in my
Inbox.

"Good", I thought. "I'll report these right away." I choose the first and
hit the "Report" button. Immediately I received an error message. "The
message you selected is marked Do Not Forward. This message cannot be
reported as junk e-mail." I choose a second message and got the same error
message. A third message, the same. And a fourth. And a fifth. Every message
I choose, there must have been 20 to 30, gave me the same error message.
This software is brand new and the Spammers have already figured a way
around it.

The bottom line ... this software is useless.

Russ Coover

0
revooc (2)

Revo O C wrote:
> ...The bottom line ... this software is useless.

Well, I wish I had even your lack of success with it. I downloaded it
and ran the installation (twice) and I have never even seen the new
button, much less had the opportunity to be disappointed by it.

I looked all through the menus and customize toolbar lists and there is
no such button in my Outlook...

Win XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2003

I have exactly the same issue.  I've tried sending from both my junk folder
and my in box - and all are marked "do not forward".  I went in and looked at
the "options" on several junk e-mails.   They were not maked in any special
way.  Having done this, I uninstalled from the control panel - and
reinstalled... with exactly the same result.  So, net/net - I have a button
on my tool bar - that says that each e-mail is maked "do not forward".

Anyone have an answer?  Any Miicrosoft Techs out there who can help?
Fundamentally - this is a good idea.  If it can work.
Bob

"Revo O C" wrote:

> Microsoft is now offering for download a free "Junk E-Mail Reporting Tool
> Version 1.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook." It is described this way ...
>
> "Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Tool submits e-mail to Microsoft when you
> explicitly choose to do so. If you receive a junk e-mail and want to report
> it to us for analysis, first select the e-mail in Outlook and then click the
> junk e-mail button on your tool bar. You will see a pop-up window asking
> whether you want to report the selected e-mail to Microsoft and its
> affiliates. When you click "Yes" to confirm that you'd like to report the
> selected e-mail as junk e-mail, the junk e-mail will be deleted from your
> Inbox and sent to FrontBridge, a Microsoft company, for analysis to help us
> improve the effectiveness of our junk e-mail filtering technologies."
>
> I tried it and have reviewed it for betanews.com. Here is my review ...
>
> "What a good idea", I thought. "Here is a chance to do something about junk
> email". I quickly downloaded this application and ran it. I then opened
> Outlook 2003 and noticed the new button "Report as Junk and Delete". Hitting
> the "Send/Receive" button, I soon noticed several emails which I knew were
> junk, but had somehow survived my junk email filters and ended up in my
> Inbox.
>
> "Good", I thought. "I'll report these right away." I choose the first and
> hit the "Report" button. Immediately I received an error message. "The
> message you selected is marked Do Not Forward. This message cannot be
> reported as junk e-mail." I choose a second message and got the same error
> message. A third message, the same. And a fourth. And a fifth. Every message
> I choose, there must have been 20 to 30, gave me the same error message.
> This software is brand new and the Spammers have already figured a way
> around it.
>
> The bottom line ... this software is useless.
>
> Russ Coover

I'm not that the icon on the toolbar actually IS for reporting spam. It is a
stop sign on an envelope.

I bet you this is what is setting the "Do Not Forward" option!

There is no Report as Spam facility.

It is all a ploy to get us to download more deadware from MS!

"patentable" wrote:

> I have exactly the same issue.  I've tried sending from both my junk folder
> and my in box - and all are marked "do not forward".  I went in and looked at
> the "options" on several junk e-mails.   They were not maked in any special
> way.  Having done this, I uninstalled from the control panel - and
> reinstalled... with exactly the same result.  So, net/net - I have a button
> on my tool bar - that says that each e-mail is maked "do not forward".
>
> Anyone have an answer?  Any Miicrosoft Techs out there who can help?
> Fundamentally - this is a good idea.  If it can work.
> Bob
>
> "Revo O C" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft is now offering for download a free "Junk E-Mail Reporting Tool
> > Version 1.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook." It is described this way ...
> >
> > "Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Tool submits e-mail to Microsoft when you
> > explicitly choose to do so. If you receive a junk e-mail and want to report
> > it to us for analysis, first select the e-mail in Outlook and then click the
> > junk e-mail button on your tool bar. You will see a pop-up window asking
> > whether you want to report the selected e-mail to Microsoft and its
> > affiliates. When you click "Yes" to confirm that you'd like to report the
> > selected e-mail as junk e-mail, the junk e-mail will be deleted from your
> > Inbox and sent to FrontBridge, a Microsoft company, for analysis to help us
> > improve the effectiveness of our junk e-mail filtering technologies."
> >
> > I tried it and have reviewed it for betanews.com. Here is my review ...
> >
> > "What a good idea", I thought. "Here is a chance to do something about junk
> > email". I quickly downloaded this application and ran it. I then opened
> > Outlook 2003 and noticed the new button "Report as Junk and Delete". Hitting
> > the "Send/Receive" button, I soon noticed several emails which I knew were
> > junk, but had somehow survived my junk email filters and ended up in my
> > Inbox.
> >
> > "Good", I thought. "I'll report these right away." I choose the first and
> > hit the "Report" button. Immediately I received an error message. "The
> > message you selected is marked Do Not Forward. This message cannot be
> > reported as junk e-mail." I choose a second message and got the same error
> > message. A third message, the same. And a fourth. And a fifth. Every message
> > I choose, there must have been 20 to 30, gave me the same error message.
> > This software is brand new and the Spammers have already figured a way
> > around it.
> >
> > The bottom line ... this software is useless.
> >
> > Russ Coover

Cannot add profile in Outlook 2000
Hi there! Does anybody know how to add new profile in Outlook 2000 (MS Office 2000 Premium)? In "Control panels\Mail" I cannot see any offer to add profile, only account.... Thanks for any help Have a nice day Roman Laube Then you must be using Internet Mail Only support mode. It does not support profiles. Only Corp/Workgroup does. For information on choosing a support version or changing to the other support version, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm If you're using Internet Mail Only mode, you need to setup OS level user profiles (in Win9x you can...

Sent e-mails stuck in "Outbox"
I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into Outbox). Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks, Adam Page, UK. Adam, I'm having the same problem. If you find an answer please email me. Thanks, Dave >-----Original Message----- >I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from >Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have >been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into >Outbox). > >Do...

Using Outlook client with OWA
There are occasions where I do not have access to the corporate network (VPN) but can access my mail via OWA. Is there a way to configure OutlookXP to retrieve mail from the exchange server via OWA? I know you can easily configure Outlook 2003 to check HTTP based mail services like hotmail, but can this be done for OWA? As far as I know, no "DerekVM" <yaderek@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1140206691.857870.290530@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > There are occasions where I do not have access to the corporate network > > (VPN) but can access my mail via OWA....

e-mails are very large for just text
When using Outlook 2000, Windows 2000, and Word as the outlook e-mail editor, the e-mails wind up very large. I have set the e-mail format to be just plain text, but still an e-mail the size of this newsgroup posting message, may be anywhere from 5Kb to 98Kb. Responses will be even larger. I like to use Word as the editor, since I use the autotext entries quite frequently when writing e-mails. How can I reduce the e-mail size? Many of the people I send e-mail to are at remote locations and on dial-up connections. Thank you, John Gregory if you're using Word as the e-mail ed...

Maximum mail store size exceeded
Hello, I maintain a MS 2003 SBS. I have received the message, "Maximum mail store size exceeded,etc." on an individual user's account. The size of his mailbox is 200,000KB. I moved some of his mail to archive to temporary eleviate the issue and it's now functioning. Question is why in GOD's name is 200,000KB his limit????? The entire company has only used around 3GB of mail between them all, so the 16GB limit is not the case. I have "cache mode" enabled on this particular user, but other than that I have made NO adjustments to his settings. Can I ...

Junk E-mail Options
I have selected the check box to: Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E- mail folder The problem is Outlook is ignoring my request and still putting it in the Junk E-mail folder, where I have to manually delete it. Doesn't this work like the Junk E- mail option in Office XP? Thanks. ...

query for aging report
I need a query for an aging report in am Access ADP. I have a fees table and a payments table. [dbo].[tblFees]( [FeeID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [ClientID] [int] NULL, [FeeDate] [datetime] NULL, [DeptNo] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [ServiceType] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [Service] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [Location] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [FeeAmount] [money] NULL, [FeeAdj] [money] NULL, [TransNo] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [PostedBy] [nvarchar](100) NULL, [Comments] [nvarchar](max) NULL, [dbo].[tblPayments]( [PayID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [FeeID] [int] NULL, [PayDate...

Outlook 2007 Macro for replying to an e-mail.
I'm looking for macro script that would do the following: Run from an e-mail, creating a reply, change the subject, change the message type to html, copy text from a draft, paste into the body. any ideas? Thanks, The current message is Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem. For an email it returns a MailItem object. See MailItem in the object browser (f2), which tells you what properties and functions are available. For instance, there's a Reply function that returns a new MailItem object. It supoprts Subject, BodyFormat etc. -- Best regards Michael B...

Closed Batch
Recently we encountered a problem where we have several closed batches on the same day, on the same register and we do not have a z-report for either batch. No one instituted these closures as, I believe, is witnessed by there being no z-report. Batches on this register have closed since then as usual. Has anyone ever experienced this and resolved the issue. KN Are you sure they're not Blind Closed? Go in to Manager and then Journal and Update Batch Info. If you want to figure out who was logged in when a batch got blind closed, you could check the Cashier Log report. If the...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

setting for sent mail
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with two e-mail accounts (1) a hotmail (HTTP) account and (2) a fastmail (IMAP) account. When I use Outlook to send an e-mail from the IMAP account, it places a copy of the sent message in the MSN Hotmail Sent folder rather than the fastmail folder. I want Outlook to file sent items in the sent folder of the account from wich I sent it. I am pretty sure that I'm missing an obvious setting but just can't find it. Any help would be really appreciated! Michael friedman_michael AT nospam.hotmail.com Hi, Apologies if my previous post was not clear. D...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Take long time to check new mails
When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1 minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages. And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1 minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder. I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly. Every other client I have used doesn't take more...

odd outlook setup
Hi, I have a very odd outlook setup. We are running exchange 2003 as well as normal internet email. 5 machines on the network use the exchange server for calendar sharing. The entire email system still depends on a pop3 server (this is a very strange setup I know, unfortunately I can do anything about it, I just have to go with it!). The problem is that the machines running the double account (Exchange and Internet mail) puts the meeting requests in the wrong calendar. Say for instance that person A sends a meeting invitation to person B. Person B accepts the invitation. The meeting is then sc...

Outlook plugin causes data file not to close properly
On a fairly regular basis we get a message when opening Outlook that the data did not close properly and needs checking. This then grinds the PC to a halt whilst it checks the data file but it never reports anything. This has only started happening since the CRM 4.0 Outlook client was installed. I have run rollup 1 but this has not solved the problem. Does anyone recognise this issue? I have the same problem. My Outlook is just now checking the data file, and I should be reading the emails already... It's not so bad for me as my data file is not that big (less than 1 G), but we hav...

Outlook hangs up when I reply
My outlook stops when I reply to an email as outlined in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 811946. I don't understand why the fix isn't included in the Knowledge Base Article. ...

junk emails
how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? Dave895 wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 00:37 > how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? With the company that hosts my E-mail( The Message center) they use Google app PostInin and you are allowed to black list or block a sender. If you do not have this ability you can block a sender with in Outlook. Tools > Options > Junk E-mail > Block Senders. Hope this helps. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Outlook client, folders missing
Hi, I have a desktop installation of CRM that needs to be used to two users. One user logs in and it works fine. The second user logs in and can see the Microsoft CRM folder in Outlook but there are no CRM folders within this - only Deleted Items and Search Folder. Can anyone advise on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks, new2CRM ...

Outlook for newsgroups #2
Is it possible to use Outlook 2003 as the application for newsgroups in stead of Outlook Express? Thx CreloX "CreloX" <crelox_bmw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utSpu94EGHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to use Outlook 2003 as the application for newsgroups in > stead of Outlook Express? > > Thx > CreloX No. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings for your meeting/class over the web. http://www.lbetool...

sending publisher designed e-mails for everyone to see
I sent a publisher designed newsletter via e-mail once and the recipient wasn't able to read it because they didn't have a Publisher or they didn't have the proper document viewer. So my concern in designing an e-mail via Publisher 2003 is will the recipient be able to see the design even if they don't have publsher as well? I know how to design one via publisher but I want eveyone to enjoy your software and my labor :-) thanks Coolbreeze <Coolbreeze@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I sent a publisher designed newsletter via e-mail ...

Unable to download report definition
I am trying to download a report definition from the Reports list in CRM. However,I get the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation. at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.GetReportDefinitionAction._GetReportDefinition(String report) at Microsoft.Re...

Problem with Outlook sending attachments endlessly #4
One of my PCs is having a problem sending attachments through Outlook XP. When sending attachments of even moderate size (~750kb), the attachment is sent and then queued again and then sent and then .... Outlook endlessly sends the attachment, flooding my poor recipients. I have tried two completely different SMTP servers with the same result. The odd thing is that my other PC, also with Outlook XP installed, has no problems sending attachments. Any ideas on this one? After queuing an email with an attachment this morning, I came back from lunch and found that it had sent the same email 7...

Reporting services export to excel
We have found that the new reporting services product direct export to excel only works with xp or office 2003. Has anyone gotten this to work with excel 2000? and if so, how? ...

Junk mail not moved to Junk folder
When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook would automatically move the email to the junk folder. Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003 to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in my inbox and I have to delete it. I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out. Appreciate any help. ...

using Outlook Express for yahoo mail
Is it possible to use Outlook Express to check the email on my yahoo account? Does anyone know what to put in for the pop 3 server when using yahoo? Any setting would be appreciated.. Thanks for the help...tcoop Tom This is the wrong group. This group is for OL (Outlook) You might want to try the microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress on this same server. To answer your question as far as I know yes it is possible and you will have to contact yahoo for their pop3 and smtp server ady's Peter "Tom C" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message new...