Junk E-mail problems

I have just set up a new system with Office 2003 and have
also installed Windows XP SP2. I copied my .pst file and
safe sender list from my old system to the new one only
to find that the Junk E-mail Options, even though it is
set to Safe Lists Only, does not work.  All e-mail goes
directly into my inbox rather than into the Junk E-mail
folder.  Can anyone explain how this happened and how I
can fix it.

Thank you
0
rkipin (1)

Has anyone had problems with altering the MaxObjsPerMapiSession registry key?
We are using a backup tool's mailbox recovery functionality to restore mailbox data. The default limit imposed by this registry key stops the mail restore process. There is not much documented outside of this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830836. Has anyone had any negative effects from upping this parameter? If not how far up did you increase this value? TIA, Rob ...

Sent e-mails stuck in "Outbox"
I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into Outbox). Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks, Adam Page, UK. Adam, I'm having the same problem. If you find an answer please email me. Thanks, Dave >-----Original Message----- >I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from >Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have >been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into >Outbox). > >Do...

Merge Problems
I'm not sure if this question should be in word or excel forums, so let me know. I have created a spreadsheet that pulls data from an excel sheet to complete the merge in word. One of the cells that transfers over is a formula that calculates a score. I want the merge to show the number that's in the cell. The cells are formatted to show through one decimal space. When I merge over, it shows the entire number that excel calculates. I can't figure out if I need to change the excel cells, or the word merge document to just show the numbers through the first deci...

Maximum mail store size exceeded
Hello, I maintain a MS 2003 SBS. I have received the message, "Maximum mail store size exceeded,etc." on an individual user's account. The size of his mailbox is 200,000KB. I moved some of his mail to archive to temporary eleviate the issue and it's now functioning. Question is why in GOD's name is 200,000KB his limit????? The entire company has only used around 3GB of mail between them all, so the 16GB limit is not the case. I have "cache mode" enabled on this particular user, but other than that I have made NO adjustments to his settings. Can I ...

e-mails are very large for just text
When using Outlook 2000, Windows 2000, and Word as the outlook e-mail editor, the e-mails wind up very large. I have set the e-mail format to be just plain text, but still an e-mail the size of this newsgroup posting message, may be anywhere from 5Kb to 98Kb. Responses will be even larger. I like to use Word as the editor, since I use the autotext entries quite frequently when writing e-mails. How can I reduce the e-mail size? Many of the people I send e-mail to are at remote locations and on dial-up connections. Thank you, John Gregory if you're using Word as the e-mail ed...

Microsoft word problem!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I open Microsoft word it brings up a passed document that I wrote and saved. I then threw it in the trash and it is stil coming up. It is on the screen everytime I open up word. This is also a paper that I wrote in test rive and now I have the actual program. What should I do? Thanks Every time you create a new Word document, this document is based on a template called Normal.dotm. You have somehow managed to put this text into your Normal template, which is why you can see this strange behaviour. To fix the proble...

Problem with Attachments #4
Hello, can anyone help? Outlook Express removes the attachments from about 80% of my incoming emails. How can I prevent this happening? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Rob Wrong Newsgroup; this group is for Microsoft Office Outlook, not Outlook Express. There are specific newsgroups for OE and you find a much higher degree of expertise on OE problems in these groups. Having said that, see if these help: To disable the blocking of Any attachments, see: Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express 6 After You Install SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 To adju...

Junk E-mail Options
I have selected the check box to: Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E- mail folder The problem is Outlook is ignoring my request and still putting it in the Junk E-mail folder, where I have to manually delete it. Doesn't this work like the Junk E- mail option in Office XP? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2007 Macro for replying to an e-mail.
I'm looking for macro script that would do the following: Run from an e-mail, creating a reply, change the subject, change the message type to html, copy text from a draft, paste into the body. any ideas? Thanks, The current message is Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem. For an email it returns a MailItem object. See MailItem in the object browser (f2), which tells you what properties and functions are available. For instance, there's a Reply function that returns a new MailItem object. It supoprts Subject, BodyFormat etc. -- Best regards Michael B...

OWA connection problem #2
I have a SBS2k3 R2 server with one nic behind a hardware firewall. Can anyone tell me which ports to open/forward on the firewall to allow Outlook Web Access? Any and all help appreciated. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission o...

Problems with Page Margins
Hello all - this is my first posting here so I hope I provide enoug information with regards to my question. I have been using Excel fo about 10 years. Background: I have used Excel (Office XP) to create pages that will be put into journal. I used Excel because, as many of you know, it is easier t format text for use in forms (I.E. journal entries with check boxes etc.) There are roughly 10 different pages that are on individual worksheet within the workbook. I have formatted the page size by using margi settings to print out on (1) page. (I have not used forced pag breaks) Settings: TOP...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

setting for sent mail
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with two e-mail accounts (1) a hotmail (HTTP) account and (2) a fastmail (IMAP) account. When I use Outlook to send an e-mail from the IMAP account, it places a copy of the sent message in the MSN Hotmail Sent folder rather than the fastmail folder. I want Outlook to file sent items in the sent folder of the account from wich I sent it. I am pretty sure that I'm missing an obvious setting but just can't find it. Any help would be really appreciated! Michael friedman_michael AT nospam.hotmail.com Hi, Apologies if my previous post was not clear. D...

Take long time to check new mails
When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1 minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages. And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1 minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder. I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly. Every other client I have used doesn't take more...

Problem due to Worker Threads?
Hi This is my first emcounter with multithreaded application. I have created 7-8 worker threads in my application. After running the application for some time my application gives me a run time error. The location where the error arises is not fixed.It can come any where. I dont understand y is this happening. I am facing such a problem for the first time. I think it has got something to do with multi threading. Waiting for suggestions Regards Davinder wrote: > This is my first emcounter with multithreaded application. > I have created 7-8 worker threads in my application. >...

junk emails
how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? Dave895 wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 00:37 > how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? With the company that hosts my E-mail( The Message center) they use Google app PostInin and you are allowed to black list or block a sender. If you do not have this ability you can block a sender with in Outlook. Tools > Options > Junk E-mail > Block Senders. Hope this helps. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Cash Flow Forecast problems
Hello all, I am getting a message that's not really an error message but unfortunately its driving me crazy. "Please create at least one checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast." Before you laugh at me - I already have accounts. I don't know what happened. I have never seen this message before. I can access the accounts otherwise with no other problem at all. This happens whenever I try to click on Cash Flow Forecast. It doesn't matter if I click on the menu bar, tool bar, home page. HELP! I tried looking at the Knowledge...

sending publisher designed e-mails for everyone to see
I sent a publisher designed newsletter via e-mail once and the recipient wasn't able to read it because they didn't have a Publisher or they didn't have the proper document viewer. So my concern in designing an e-mail via Publisher 2003 is will the recipient be able to see the design even if they don't have publsher as well? I know how to design one via publisher but I want eveyone to enjoy your software and my labor :-) thanks Coolbreeze <Coolbreeze@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I sent a publisher designed newsletter via e-mail ...

Junk mail not moved to Junk folder
When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook would automatically move the email to the junk folder. Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003 to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in my inbox and I have to delete it. I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out. Appreciate any help. ...

using Outlook Express for yahoo mail
Is it possible to use Outlook Express to check the email on my yahoo account? Does anyone know what to put in for the pop 3 server when using yahoo? Any setting would be appreciated.. Thanks for the help...tcoop Tom This is the wrong group. This group is for OL (Outlook) You might want to try the microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress on this same server. To answer your question as far as I know yes it is possible and you will have to contact yahoo for their pop3 and smtp server ady's Peter "Tom C" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message new...

E-mails don't apprear in the others users
Hello In the company we have Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2002 and 2003. I actived the option "Chached Mode" with Exchange. The Sales Force users to travel a lot and they work from any computer in the domain and they have access to e-mails. But when I actived the "Cached Mode" option one copy local was done in one computer and the other computers can't read the e-amils. How I can do to work with "Chached Mode" and in the same time be able to work with others computers? Or how can I restore this e-mails in the server to work with Outlook 2002 like ...

Problem with autoarchive feature
Autoarchive has been working properly up until today. Now it goes through the process of autoarchiving all my folders and at the end of the process a dialoge box appears with the following message; "Errors occured whaile archiving. Look for a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder." Below is the information in the report; Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Personal Folders". Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "Personal Folders". Error while archiving folder "Calendar" in store "Perso...

junk email #10
I know how to label junk emails and have them killed befor they come in but lately have been getting emails with nothing in the sender field. The junk email feature adds the sender to the blocked senders list and it won't accept a blank. I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank senders field. Any ideas?? Tnx Loretta Loretta Pirozzi <seattlewalks@msn.com> wrote: > I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank > senders field. Create a rule that deletes all messages _except_ if they contain some character in the sender field. -- Brian Tillman...

Problems with migrating IM
I got a new PC and used the template created. Updated new tax tables and SP3. Now I get an error when running IM. Runtime Error 339 - "Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." Since used template cant remove IM through Add/remove. What am I missing? Can I jsut delete directory adn reinstall? Thanks. Thst error should be resolved by applying the latest SP. I am guessing hte new PC is XP, and maybe the old one was not. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "Adam Mathias" wrote: > I got a new PC a...

Relief "JUNK" sensitivity
Hi, In a 2k3 Exchange, I was configuring RPC over HTTP (I am not certain if that had anything to do with the problem I am posting here) and suddenly busniess emails: 1 - Are sometimes considered JUNK. 2 - Are being delivered to my email box (I have administrator priviliges.) How to: 1 - Reliefe sensitivity on junk mail classification? 2 - Even if considered junk, how to direct those emails to their destined box? Thanks Yba The answer to your questions depend on: What anti-spam solution(s) are you using? Are these buisness emails originating internally or comming from an external sources ...