Junk E-Mail Folder #3

Outlook XP with the latest SP + Exchange 2003 SP2
End users keep deleting the whole Junk E-Mail folder without realizing what
they've done. I know OL2003 Junk E-Mail folder is protected just like Inbox
and other system created folders. Unfortunately OL2002 treats Junk E-Mail
folder as user created folder. It can be deleted.

I'm hoping that there's a reghack trick to protect Outlook XP (2002) Junk
E-Mail folder from deletion. Anyone?

0
John

There is no reg hack that I'm aware of.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"John" <a> wrote in message news:OBsIvwsiIHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Outlook XP with the latest SP + Exchange 2003 SP2
> End users keep deleting the whole Junk E-Mail folder without realizing
> what they've done. I know OL2003 Junk E-Mail folder is protected just like
> Inbox and other system created folders. Unfortunately OL2002 treats Junk
> E-Mail folder as user created folder. It can be deleted.
>
> I'm hoping that there's a reghack trick to protect Outlook XP (2002) Junk
> E-Mail folder from deletion. Anyone?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/21/2008 3:45:57 AM
Bummer.
Thanks anyway.

> There is no reg hack that I'm aware of.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "John" <a> wrote in message news:OBsIvwsiIHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Outlook XP with the latest SP + Exchange 2003 SP2
>> End users keep deleting the whole Junk E-Mail folder without realizing
>> what they've done. I know OL2003 Junk E-Mail folder is protected just
>> like Inbox and other system created folders. Unfortunately OL2002 treats
>> Junk E-Mail folder as user created folder. It can be deleted.
>>
>> I'm hoping that there's a reghack trick to protect Outlook XP (2002) Junk
>> E-Mail folder from deletion. Anyone?

0
John

Passport login #3
When I try to use my passport in MS Money 2005, it says it can not be verified, please try again later. It has not worked yet after 4+ days of trying. Thanks for any help ...

Sent e-mails stuck in "Outbox"
I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into Outbox). Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks, Adam Page, UK. Adam, I'm having the same problem. If you find an answer please email me. Thanks, Dave >-----Original Message----- >I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from >Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have >been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into >Outbox). > >Do...

Maximum mail store size exceeded
Hello, I maintain a MS 2003 SBS. I have received the message, "Maximum mail store size exceeded,etc." on an individual user's account. The size of his mailbox is 200,000KB. I moved some of his mail to archive to temporary eleviate the issue and it's now functioning. Question is why in GOD's name is 200,000KB his limit????? The entire company has only used around 3GB of mail between them all, so the 16GB limit is not the case. I have "cache mode" enabled on this particular user, but other than that I have made NO adjustments to his settings. Can I ...

e-mails are very large for just text
When using Outlook 2000, Windows 2000, and Word as the outlook e-mail editor, the e-mails wind up very large. I have set the e-mail format to be just plain text, but still an e-mail the size of this newsgroup posting message, may be anywhere from 5Kb to 98Kb. Responses will be even larger. I like to use Word as the editor, since I use the autotext entries quite frequently when writing e-mails. How can I reduce the e-mail size? Many of the people I send e-mail to are at remote locations and on dial-up connections. Thank you, John Gregory if you're using Word as the e-mail ed...

XPath #3

Junk E-mail Options
I have selected the check box to: Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E- mail folder The problem is Outlook is ignoring my request and still putting it in the Junk E-mail folder, where I have to manually delete it. Doesn't this work like the Junk E- mail option in Office XP? Thanks. ...

Percentage #3
Hi all, This is probably a simple question, but can't seem to do it correctly. I'm trying to create a Pie Chart showing the percentage of hours that have been completed in a project. Eg) Total project hours is 3,000 and so far 150 has been completed. I want the Pie Chart to reflect the 3,000 hours and the slice being the 150. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. -Ruben In a2: Amount completed in a3: Amount done In B1: 3000 In B2: 150 in B3: =B1-B2 Now, create a pie chart using A2:B3. As you increase the amount of hours completed, the total value of the pie will rem...

Outlook 2007 Macro for replying to an e-mail.
I'm looking for macro script that would do the following: Run from an e-mail, creating a reply, change the subject, change the message type to html, copy text from a draft, paste into the body. any ideas? Thanks, The current message is Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem. For an email it returns a MailItem object. See MailItem in the object browser (f2), which tells you what properties and functions are available. For instance, there's a Reply function that returns a new MailItem object. It supoprts Subject, BodyFormat etc. -- Best regards Michael B...

Error c0072746 when opening public folder
Hi, we have a SBS 2003 latest SP. When we try to edit the properties of any public folder with Exchange system manager, we get the error C0072746. Does anyone have an idea? Many thanks. Daniel. from the server console or from a management workstation? "microteq" wrote: > Hi, > > we have a SBS 2003 latest SP. When we try to edit the properties of any > public folder with Exchange system manager, we get the error C0072746. > Does anyone have an idea? > > Many thanks. > Daniel. > > Server console. Hi all, ok, we found the solution! We have ma...

Opening Other Users "Non
Hello All: I tried sharing a folder that was on the exchange server using my Outlook 2003 , but when I go to another computer and try to connect, all I get to see are "Inbox, Calendar, etc".. How do I see the specific folder that I'm trying to share? Do I need to move it under my Inbox in order for other people to see it? -Blake to share and see non-standard folders, you either need to have someone add your mailbox to their folder view (after you have given the appropriate rights) so they can then navigate down to it, have them use OWA to see it (where you can explici...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

setting for sent mail
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with two e-mail accounts (1) a hotmail (HTTP) account and (2) a fastmail (IMAP) account. When I use Outlook to send an e-mail from the IMAP account, it places a copy of the sent message in the MSN Hotmail Sent folder rather than the fastmail folder. I want Outlook to file sent items in the sent folder of the account from wich I sent it. I am pretty sure that I'm missing an obvious setting but just can't find it. Any help would be really appreciated! Michael friedman_michael AT nospam.hotmail.com Hi, Apologies if my previous post was not clear. D...

Take long time to check new mails
When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1 minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages. And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1 minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder. I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly. Every other client I have used doesn't take more...

OWA & Public Folders #2
Hi all, in OWA it's possible to show in the same tree the Public Folders ? Actually, when I click on Public Folder button, it's opens a new window containing Public Folder tree. I remember that in OWA Exchange 2000, the Public Folder tree was at the end of the private folder tree. Thank's for the help. Marco Exchange 2003 changed the Public folder behavior. It no longer appears in the same folder view as the mailbox. Clicking on the Public Folders link will now open up the PF view in another window (as you have seen). -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Marc...

IE 8 in Win XP SP 3
I am unable to get the Interner Explorer 8 even after repeated attempts. The updates download the IE 8 but does not install it.Still shows IE 7. This problem is not there in my other computer which is also a Dell and has Win XP SP 3. Please some one help. Farid, Karachi, Pakistan Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general In your newsread...

junk emails
how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? Dave895 wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 00:37 > how do I stop receiving blank junk emails that are usually 200 a day? With the company that hosts my E-mail( The Message center) they use Google app PostInin and you are allowed to black list or block a sender. If you do not have this ability you can block a sender with in Outlook. Tools > Options > Junk E-mail > Block Senders. Hope this helps. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Dave895" <Dave895@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

sending publisher designed e-mails for everyone to see
I sent a publisher designed newsletter via e-mail once and the recipient wasn't able to read it because they didn't have a Publisher or they didn't have the proper document viewer. So my concern in designing an e-mail via Publisher 2003 is will the recipient be able to see the design even if they don't have publsher as well? I know how to design one via publisher but I want eveyone to enjoy your software and my labor :-) thanks Coolbreeze <Coolbreeze@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I sent a publisher designed newsletter via e-mail ...

Outlook client, folders missing
Hi, I have a desktop installation of CRM that needs to be used to two users. One user logs in and it works fine. The second user logs in and can see the Microsoft CRM folder in Outlook but there are no CRM folders within this - only Deleted Items and Search Folder. Can anyone advise on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks, new2CRM ...

Junk mail not moved to Junk folder
When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook would automatically move the email to the junk folder. Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003 to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in my inbox and I have to delete it. I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out. Appreciate any help. ...

using Outlook Express for yahoo mail
Is it possible to use Outlook Express to check the email on my yahoo account? Does anyone know what to put in for the pop 3 server when using yahoo? Any setting would be appreciated.. Thanks for the help...tcoop Tom This is the wrong group. This group is for OL (Outlook) You might want to try the microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress on this same server. To answer your question as far as I know yes it is possible and you will have to contact yahoo for their pop3 and smtp server ady's Peter "Tom C" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message new...

E-mails don't apprear in the others users
Hello In the company we have Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2002 and 2003. I actived the option "Chached Mode" with Exchange. The Sales Force users to travel a lot and they work from any computer in the domain and they have access to e-mails. But when I actived the "Cached Mode" option one copy local was done in one computer and the other computers can't read the e-amils. How I can do to work with "Chached Mode" and in the same time be able to work with others computers? Or how can I restore this e-mails in the server to work with Outlook 2002 like ...

Conditional Formating #3
I am trying to use conditional formating so that when dates in tw different columns are subtracted and result is zero, the a cell i turned green. However, if nothing is in either cell, or nothing is i one of the two cells, I need them to remain as the defualt formating. Does anyone know what formula I need for this? Thanks, Ale -- Alex53 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex532's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2974 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49458 Since dates are j...

junk email #10
I know how to label junk emails and have them killed befor they come in but lately have been getting emails with nothing in the sender field. The junk email feature adds the sender to the blocked senders list and it won't accept a blank. I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank senders field. Any ideas?? Tnx Loretta Loretta Pirozzi <seattlewalks@msn.com> wrote: > I would like to block any emails coming in with a blank > senders field. Create a rule that deletes all messages _except_ if they contain some character in the sender field. -- Brian Tillman...

Relief "JUNK" sensitivity
Hi, In a 2k3 Exchange, I was configuring RPC over HTTP (I am not certain if that had anything to do with the problem I am posting here) and suddenly busniess emails: 1 - Are sometimes considered JUNK. 2 - Are being delivered to my email box (I have administrator priviliges.) How to: 1 - Reliefe sensitivity on junk mail classification? 2 - Even if considered junk, how to direct those emails to their destined box? Thanks Yba The answer to your questions depend on: What anti-spam solution(s) are you using? Are these buisness emails originating internally or comming from an external sources ...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold) #2
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...