Journal stopped working #3

I'm running Office XP Pro in Windows XP Pro. I noticed that my journal
doesn't keep track any more. When I open the journal it is now empty. I've
made sure that the feature is enabled in the Journal Option under Tools and
I've checked off the boxes to track email, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. But
it still doesn't do it. Is there another location to enable Journal?

0
tiki2k (14)

Clipart stops responding
Whenever any user on any computer in my domain where I work tries to use clipart in any Office 2003 product (most often Word or Publisher) the clipart program stops responding. They type in the keyword they want to search the clipart gallery for, they press GO, and then it stops responding - this also causes the Office application to stop responding as well. For some users after about 5 minutes the clipart search results will appear and they can use the clipart, but trying to perform another search will take another 5 minutes of staring at the screen. I can force the clipart process ...

outlook journals
Does anyone use the journal feature in outlook to jot notes down on a contact? I have used this feature and at some point I believe an archive has either deleted or hidden older notes in my journals. Any ideas as to if journal notes dissappear after a certain point or if the archiving feature in outlook does something to old journal entries? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, ...

Make it stop!
I didn't used to mind that Excel would automatically change my formula during a cell copy/paste, but I'm starting to work with some reall long formulas with several cell references in each, and I'm doing a lo of coyping and pasting. It's really getting tiresome having to manuall revert every formula that I don't want changed, and it would possibl save me hours of work if I could make it so that these automati formula updates didn't occur with every single paste that I made. I there any way to turn off these automatic changes -- asdfqwert ------------------------------...

Can Excel do this? #3
Ok, what I am doing is trying to create an excel sheet that will tell the experience given per encounter in our RPG game. The game gives every monster a challenge code. It then has a table that says how difficult each challenge code should be to a group, depending on the group's average level. So the Challenge Rating table is something like this: Level Easy Challenging Extreme 1 A B C 2 A B C 3 B C D 4 B C D 5 ...

How do I stop =NOW() or =TODAY() data changing when file saved and then reopened
I have a form which uses =NOW() in seperate cells to set the date an another to set the time - cells formatted accordingly - but I want th date and time to be saved when I close and save the file so that when open the file again to review the form contents, the date and tim remain as set when originally opened. I used the non-asterisked date format but it still updates when th file is opened -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Slopey! Ctrl + ; gives you the system date Ctrl + : gives you the system time Ctrl + ; <space> Ctrl + : gives your system date and time None...

Last Working Day In Month
Hi All What is the formula for the last working day in month? Anyone HELP? Winston. :confused: -- Winston ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Winston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28344 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480968 Please define working day... is that a Friday or a Saturday? -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 ...

Outlook 2003 junk email filter -stopped working!
I use MS outlook for emails and the junk email filter had been working on its own -- blocking junk emails and placing them in Junk E-mail folder. Recently it has simply stopped working! The only change I can think of that I made, was to add many more addresses to the blocked sender's list. I have the following setting, but I still receive emails from the addresses in blocked sender's list, while the junk email folder remains empty: * Level of protection set to high * Permanently delete junk emails instead of sending them to junk email folder is UNchecked Any suggestions on what migh...

Dynamics 9 SQL2005 Vista Dexterity Runtime stopped Working
I can't seem to get the dynutils to even initiat without a "Dexterity Runtime has stopped Running". it will open the login window, but then craps out almost immediately. The only help is a dump file that I can't read without my special Bill Gates glasses. Anybody else getting this proble? Hi Greg There is a known issue, due to be fixed in v9.0 Sp3. Un-install your v10.0 client (leave the data alone) temporarily while you run v9.0 utilities. Then re-install the v10.0 client. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Mic...

Advanced Find Only Works Once
WinXP, Office 2000-sp3 Problem just started. In Outlook, can only do an Advance Find one time, then it doesn't work. Have done repair to no avail. Thoughts? thanks! Went to Office Download site and got Outlook 2000 Update: December 18, 2002. While it is stated it is to repair problems with reminders, it also fixed this problem. "Frank" <user@aol.com> wrote in message news:uxU4G5G1DHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > WinXP, Office 2000-sp3 > > Problem just started. In Outlook, can only do an Advance Find one time, > then it doesn't work. Have done re...

Advanced Filter Problems #3
Hi. I have a list of every zip code in the U.S. with various demographics. I also have another list with about 500 zip codes that i want to filter with the first list to pull the corresponding demographics. I have the sheet set up correctly because i have used Advanced filter 100's of times. But this time when i run the filter, the whole original list (with EVERY zip code) is reproduced in the place where the filtered list should appear. I'm thinking that the zip code cells are not formatted the same (Like on one list they are text, and the other they are numbers). But i t...

windows journal hangs/ freezes when scrolling down
I am using journal with win vista and 7. Each time when i scroll down a few page in journal, it will hand and not respond. THIS ONLY HAPPEN TO PARTICULAR FILES ESP WHEN THE FILE SIZE IS BIGGER THAN 1mb ...

how do delegation and auto archive work together?
Outlook 2002 sp2 Exchange 2000 Question: If a user is accessing another users Inbox and Calendar using delegation and auto archive kicks off. Do the mails and calendar items from both users get mixed together in the same .pst file? If yes, can this be fixed without turning off auto archive? ...

Journal
What does the Ck in Journal do? I know it is check but check what? Where are you seeing this? I just took a look around the Journal and didn't see a "Ck". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Linda Kay Alkire" <lalkire@absc.org> wrote in message news:2a2e01c36811$02b22d30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > What does the Ck in Journal do? I know it is check but > check what? ...

Using Journal to record daily tasks
Does anyone know how to make new journal entry types default to "task" instead of to "phone call?" Thanks, Marti ...

Reports only work on the server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C64418.886E9450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have a client where the CRM Server and SQL/SQL Reports are on = separate servers. We can access the reports successfully if we are = logged onto the CRM server. However, if we are on any other machine, we = got the error below. =20 Has anyone else encountered this? Jack Bender Harvest Solutions - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - = - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -...

Auto Page Break not working.
I have a customer with two identical IBM Think Pads. They both run the Windows XP and have the same build of Excel 2002 installed. I've verified that the fonts being uses are the exact same version. If you overlap and hold printed pages from the two laptops up to the light, the text lines up perfectly. When printing a particular worksheet that was created on a third PC, to the same printer, one of the Think Pads prints correctly but the other doesn't. On the one that doesn't, the horizontal page break is set to one Row less pre page and the vertical page brake is set to one C...

Stop Archive of Email
The folder C:\Exchsrvr\Imcdata\In\Archive keeps filling up with archived messages which I have to delete every day since they use up gigabytes of space. Is it possible to turn off this archiving feature? Thanks in advance for any responses. see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300931/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Andrew Hayes" <AndrewHayes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:u1REpk9gGHA.4080@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > The folder C:\Exchsrvr\Imcdata\In\Archive keeps filling up with archived > messages which I have to delete every day since they...

Future Resource Hours Being Added to Work Not Started
Is anyone seeing future hours being entered into Project 2007 plans for tasks? Project managers review and accept resources’ tasks hours weekly. But I’m seeing tasks with actual work hours, in them, sometime two months ahead of the project. Our tasks are set to Fixed Duration. The hours that I’m seeing are like .38 .08 . .03. We account hours to the .5 only. Please let me know. Thanks!!! Do you see the hours prior to acceptance, or after they've been imported into your project plan? "Jennifer" wrote: > Is anyone seeing future hours being entered into Pro...

6 Pc Jumbo Open &amp; Boxed Wrench Set 1-3/8"
Price:$49.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B001SU3AIU Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B001SU3AIU 6 Pc Jumbo Open & Boxed End Wrenches by ProForge. Ideal for the professional mechanic, contractor, farmer, trucker, ect. The set contains 1-3/8" X 17-1/2", 1-1/2" x 18-1/2", 1-5/8" x 19-1/2", 1-3/4" x 21", 1-7/8" x 22-1/4", 2" x 23-1/2". 15 degree offset end. 12 point chamfered boxed end. Chrome vanadium steel for lifetime of service. Lifetime warranty. SKU: 9734N ...

Folder Assistant doesn't work when part of a Distribution List?
I have an Exchange 2003 server, running on a Windows 2003 member server in a Windows 2000 domain. We are using Outlook 2003. We created a Public Folder for messages, and using the Folder Assistant created a rule that replies to the sender of any message with a template. This rule works just fine whenever anyone inside or outside of the organization sends a message directly to the Public Folder. However, when we make the Public Folder a member of a group, and send a message to the group, the message is delivered correctly, but the reply template is never sent. Is there something wrong with th...

Help Journal Names
I use the Journal all the time to help track what I'm doing For journaling items such as excel files, and word documents, it would preferable to show just the name of the document rather than the full path to the document (which appears on mouse-hover anyway). My paths tend to be long, so the only way I can find the name of the document is to mouse over. Anybody know if there is a way to just display the document name - without the path information? Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

journal not there
Hi, Odd one. One of my users can't see his journal, it's enabled and logging things correctly as I can open it from my pc and see everything, and other poeple can also open it and view it. He can't see his journal on any pc if he logs in to it. He doesn't have a roaming profile. Any ideas? ...

Account setup: Test Account Setting always works
.... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server" Now - I can understand that I may be having outbound authentication problems - but why does the test make it through then? Thanks for any help! -cf On 26 Jan 2005 13:26:38 -0800, coldfact@gmail.com wrote: > ... sending within outlook always fails. In both cases I am sending to > the same external email address. Error message reads: "The operation > timed out waiti...

Journal Viewer
Hi, couple of questions on Journal Viewer 1. How do I make the Lookup in Journal Viewer to default to Current Date only (right now the From date has a week old date by default) 2. How do I customize the list of transactions window on the journal viewer so it shows the amount too? Thanks a lot in advance!!!! Did you ever get an answer as to how to default the journal viewer to the most recent batch rather that oldest to newest? I want to know the same answer. "TCWS" wrote: > Hi, couple of questions on Journal Viewer > > 1. How do I make the Lookup in Journal Viewer...

debt reduction planner doesn't work (wrong date)
Hello guys, I have been using Microsoft money 2005 (international version) for a long time now. Problem is that for the last 2 years I have noticed that the debt reduction planner (under planning) doesn=92t work. I haven=92t paid any attention until now that I have decided to try again. What I do is to add a credit card. When I move into plan my credit card, whatever amount of money I put on =93monthly allocation on debt=94 or on =93one time extra payment=94 the date on the result below never changes. It always show me that I will be out of debt in for example 22 June. The date doesn=92t chan...