Joining the domain; keep the calendar.

Sharing a calendar to exchange server

this local computer has an outlook (pst) file that houses lots of contact &
calendar data.

I launch the mail applet in the control panel and add the exchange server -- no
problem.

However, I can't (there isn't the option) share the calendar.

If I create  a new user on the machine, and use the exchange server, I can share
the new calendar.

How can I get the exchange server to "see" the original calendar & share it?

Thank you.

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
0
XjoshX (3)

You can't share a folder that's in a PST file.

"Josh Assing" <XjoshX@jAssing.com> wrote in message
> Sharing a calendar to exchange server
>
> this local computer has an outlook (pst) file that houses lots of contact
> &
> calendar data.
>
> I launch the mail applet in the control panel and add the exchange
> server -- no
> problem.
>
> However, I can't (there isn't the option) share the calendar.
>
> If I create  a new user on the machine, and use the exchange server, I can
> share
> the new calendar.
>
> How can I get the exchange server to "see" the original calendar & share
> it?

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/17/2007 12:21:30 PM
In news:l8frq25gghafh9uocb1re3kmr8dsnptt9u@4ax.com,
Josh Assing <XjoshX@jAssing.com> typed:
> Sharing a calendar to exchange server
>
> this local computer has an outlook (pst) file that houses lots of
> contact & calendar data.
>
> I launch the mail applet in the control panel and add the exchange
> server -- no problem.
>
> However, I can't (there isn't the option) share the calendar.
>
> If I create  a new user on the machine, and use the exchange server,
> I can share the new calendar.
>
> How can I get the exchange server to "see" the original calendar &
> share it?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --- AntiSpam/harvest ---
> Remove X's to send email to me.

In addition to Russ' reply - keep everything you care about in the Exchange
mailbox, not in a PST file.
See
http://www.exchangefaq.org/faq/Exchange-5.5/Why-PST-=-BAD-/q/Why-PST-=-BAD/qid/1209

0
lanwench (7567)
1/17/2007 5:19:10 PM
>You can't share a folder that's in a PST file.

OK -- so a Calendar is a folder.
How can I import the folder (calendar) into a new whatever so that I can share
the calendar ?

Thanks
-josh

>"Josh Assing" <XjoshX@jAssing.com> wrote in message
>> Sharing a calendar to exchange server
>>
>> this local computer has an outlook (pst) file that houses lots of contact
>> &
>> calendar data.
>>
>> I launch the mail applet in the control panel and add the exchange
>> server -- no
>> problem.
>>
>> However, I can't (there isn't the option) share the calendar.
>>
>> If I create  a new user on the machine, and use the exchange server, I can
>> share
>> the new calendar.
>>
>> How can I get the exchange server to "see" the original calendar & share
>> it?

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
0
XjoshX (3)
1/17/2007 6:33:48 PM
>In addition to Russ' reply - keep everything you care about in the Exchange
>mailbox, not in a PST file.
>See
>http://www.exchangefaq.org/faq/Exchange-5.5/Why-PST-=-BAD-/q/Why-PST-=-BAD/qid/1209

Thanks -- not sure how it got into what it wasn't supposed to be -- but ; the
question remains -- how do I get it into whatever it should be in?

Thanks
-josh

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
0
XjoshX (3)
1/17/2007 6:33:49 PM
Yes, you can open the PST using the File menu > Open > Outlok Data File then
copy (drag/drop) the data out of the Calendar in the PST into the Calendar
folder of your new mailbox

> >You can't share a folder that's in a PST file.
>
> OK -- so a Calendar is a folder.
> How can I import the folder (calendar) into a new whatever so that I can
> share
> the calendar ?

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/17/2007 7:35:07 PM
Josh Assing <XjoshX@jAssing.com> wrote:

> Thanks -- not sure how it got into what it wasn't supposed to be --
> but ; the question remains -- how do I get it into whatever it should
> be in?

Open the PST with File>Open>Outlook Data File.  This will add it to your
mail profile so that it appears in the folder list.  Open the calendar in
that PST by selecting it.  Change the view to a table view like By Category.
Select all the entries with CTRL-A.  Click Edit>Copy to Folder and specify
the Exchange calendar as the destination.  Click OK.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Hosting multiple SMTP domains in Exchange 2003
Hello, This is the scenario. I have a SBS server 2003 currently installed to host domain xyz.com. That was the domain that was available at the time. the NetBIOS domain is XYZ.local, and everything is XYZ. Now a new domain 123.com is available and I would like to make the transition to 123.com. That means that for a period of time, users will need to receive messages from both XYZ.com and 123.com, until eventually, XYZ disappears. Users are all part of the domain and connect to the exchange server using MS Outlook 2003 and OWA. My question is: is it possible to configure Exchange (a...

Moving Appointments in Calendar...
Hi , I use calendar mainly for showing my jobs, tasks and notes, because I can move them around from day to day. I frequently get a backlog of these daily calender entries, and would like to move them forward in time, instead of them being 3 weeks back in the calendar. Is there an easy way to move 10 or 15 of these entries at a time? I can use the shift button, but I have to "pick" every entry individually that way. I wish there was a "select all" for a day's entries. Any better techniqies for moving them? Thanks, Steve (Office 2007, WinXP SP2) ...

disable save files in desktop
Hi, To All how can i disable domain User to save files in desktop. Group Policy to all OU Users. Note: a. Domain User Account b. To all User in OU c. Operating System Windows Server 2003 d. Client Operating System - XP, Vista and Windows 7. Regards, Vinod The only way I could think about this is 1st you remove the users from being a "Local" Admin of their PC's and then Restrict the "Desktop Folder" on the PC That they can't save it to. (READ only) This also means they can not put any addition Icons on the desktop...

Doing joIn with REGEXP? (MySQL)
Hi Im working with MySQL. I have similar data in 2 different schemas Im trying to relate. This particular example relates to US states being stored differently in both systems. So, say I have the 2 tables as follows: STATE_1 ----------------- | ID | STATE | ----------------- | 1 | AL | | 2 | AK | | 3 | AS | ................. STATE_2 ------------ | STATE | ------------ | US-AL | | US-AS | | US-AK | ............ I want to get the STATE_1.ID value where the STATE fields are equal. Note that STATE_2.STATE values are the same as those in ...

How do you keep a list drop-down menu visible?
I would like to keep the drop-down menu created when you make a list in Excel 2003 visable, even when you dont have a cell active in the area the list has been created. It seems the default behavior is to hide the drop-down menu unless a cell in the list area is active. I have another document here that somone else created (dont know who) where the drop-down menu for filtering using a list is ALWAYS visable. Its driving me nuts trying to find out how it was done. If anyone knows i would be very grateful. Thanks It sounds like they used Data|Filter|autofilter. phatfish wrote: > > I...

better to filter on join or where clause
If you have something in your where clause that could be put in the inner join would it be better there? SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key Where b.status <> 15 and b.status <> 20 or SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key and b.status not in (15,20) Any difference? Thanks, Tom There is no difference when using inner join. The optimizer will generate the same execution plan. It is more a preference/style of writing queries. I prefer to place filters in WHERE and leave only join predicates in the ON clause: SELECT ...

BP in non domain environment
I am installing Business Portal in Virtual PC environment on my laptop. I will be using it only for demonstrations. I read in the BP install guide that the server and users must be part of a domain. Is this a show stoper? I do not have my server elevated to a domain controller. Any help is appriciated. HI 2020 Yes this is a show stopper, as the users need to authenticate to an Active Directory to be able to login to the Sharepoint system, which is the background techknowlogy that BP runs on/in. Fliehigh "2020" wrote: > > > I am installing Business Portal in ...

Reading pane keeps disappearing
Hi all, A user where I work has a rather annoying problem in Outlook 2007. He prefers to have the reading pane set to 'Bottom', but whenever he jumps from the Inbox to another folder and back to Inbox, the reading pane disappears. This means he has to manually enable it again (View - Reading pane - Bottom) Any idea why this happens OR is there any way to enable/reset the reading pane 'forever' ? cheers, D. "morradi" <morradi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D7B5295-D345-464D-AED8-597F7447970D@microsoft.com... > A user...

joining domain
hi! Is it possible to have the users rejoin xp,win7 to win2003 AD with the computer object already exist in the AD? i know that this can be done through administrator group, but can this be done by the user without adding them into the domain admain grp or accoutn operator? what's the best practice and previlege that i shd give to the support team who only need to able to join the pc into the domain? Thanks. They have to be able to delete and add. If you are talking about doing this to one machine not a real big deal but if you want folks to do this all the time it c...

Outlook Automatically Adds Appointments to the Calendar
have Outlook XP SP3 running on WinXP Pro with SP2. When i view an appointment invitation that was sent to be in the preview pane for some reason outlook automatically adds the appointment (tentativelly) to the calendar. Searching on google.groups i found some people saying that this is the way outlook works and this behavior is by design. I really don't understand their explanation. Why previewing message in outlook would require it to add the appointment to my calendar? Some other people said to disable tracking options but that didn't help. Any other advice. Thank you very much. ...

The OWA client and multiple SMTP domain names
My company has a subsidiary which we are about to add to our exchange server. They have a different domain name than the parent company. The first user from the subsidiary that I set up was not able to get to her mailbox via OWA. She got a 404 - page not found error. Experimentation has led me to decover that if she has a second email address of username@parentcompany.com then OWA will display her mailbox. Is there a way that I can configure these users with a single SMTP address of username@subsidiary.com (without screwing up all the users who work for the parent company) and allow them t...

Outlook keeps sending out emails that have attachments...
This has happened several times. If I send out an email, seems to be if the attach is over 1 meg, it will "get stuck" in the outbox. It will then continue to send out the email multiple times. today, it sent out over 100 times to several people. What causes this? How can I resolve this? Thanks Phil We're investigating this problem. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort (and how many) accounts? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Phillips" <Phillips*NOSPAM*@Re...

Migrating Mailboxes from one domain to another domain
I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to do something and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I need to migrate user mailboxes from one server to another, easy enough right... well here is where my issues are. server one is in say abc.local domain server two is in say xyz.local domain there are the same users in both domains, with the same naming convention. so to clear that up if i have a user called ttest in domain abc, user ttest is also in xyz. the old administration had seperated these domains due to function and security, but now they want to...

"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile" for a domain user
This one is driving me mad. Ok, here=92s the situation: PC with XP SP2, joined to a domain. There are 2 users that use this machine, both log in with their Active Directory logons. Melissa can log in fine and has never had a problem with this machine. Linda, however, used the machine fine for a week or so, then would get the error: "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator." ...when trying to log in. So my...

Invalid Domain Name. Domain name invalid or unreachable
Hi, I am getting following error in MS CRM 4.0 when using Deployment Manager: "Invalid Domain Name. Domain name is either invalid or unreachable". Also when using the Plug-in registration tool, I am getting the same error. And I am not able to register any plug-in. Request you to please provide your inputs. Thanks in advance, help appreciated. Bharat ...

Merging calendars
Can anyone suggest a way of copying an event in my personal calendar to a "public shared calendar". We use a public calendar as our Dept Calendar and we all use our personal calendars. I would like to eliminate the extra step of having to update both calendars. I dont want all personal items to go the dept calendar just the ones i designate (somehow). Jeanne Drag and drop the event from your personal calendar to the group calendar. If you use the right click and choose "copy" it should work fine. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep...

Excel to Calendar
Hi everybody, I would like to import my one ear agenda from Excel to Calendar (outlook 2002) I've tried allready without any result (direct or by ..csv file). In Excel, my agenda is on 4 columns : date, time, place and subject. What is a correcte way to do it? Bon dimanche � tous Paul The way you did it. You might need to "map custom fields". Another alternative is to export a blank Calendar from a new Calendar folder and then use copy and paste to paste the data in the right fields. Import that into the new calendar folder and, if all is ok, copy to your main Calendar....

how to organise my domain email
i want to be able to organise my new domain e-mail account within my network. ie all incoming jack@mail.com goes to jacks computer only. i don't know how to explain it further, i'm sort of a computer idiot. oh we have 5 computers on the network and all are xp home with outlook 2002 if that helps. computer idiot wrote: > i want to be able to organise my new domain e-mail account within my > network. ie all incoming jack@mail.com goes to jacks computer only. i > don't know how to explain it further, i'm sort of a computer idiot. > oh we have 5 computers on the net...

using Outlook on local machine with domain user account
I have a small network running with w2k domain. Client computers run under w2k pro and have Office 2000 installed. * When I log on locally (with administrative privileges) Outlook works fine. * When I log on to the domain (using any domain user account) Outlook does not start. * When I add a domain user account to local administrators group and log on to the domain Outlook works fine. How to make Outlook working when domain user account is used (without administrative privileges on local machine) or I must use an account that has administrative privileges on local machine to run Outlook? ...

Joining worksheets / outer join
I've found some spreadsheet joining discussion threads, but I haven't found one which I think is applicable... Basically, I have 5 worksheets in an Excel file to be used as a mail merge. Each worksheet has lists of companies and the industries that they handle. Some companies have offices at different addresses, which should remain as seperate rows. Some companies handle more than one industry and are thus in more than one worksheet. Some of the companies have one business contact for all industries, some have seperate business contacts. I want one worksheet, which merges data from...

Vista Calendar Stopped Notifications
It used to be that when I put in a future event in Vista Calendar it would pop up a notification screen for me at the designated time whether I opened Calendar or not. Now it only pops up the notification if I actually open up Calendar itself, which I may not do until after the event has past. How can I correct this. Ted Smith On 1/11/2010 5:41 PM, Ted Smith wrote: > It used to be that when I put in a future event in Vista Calendar it > would pop up a notification screen for me at the designated time whether > I opened Calendar or not. Now it only pops up the noti...

Exchange account without Domain account
Hello. I am using Exchange 2003 no service pack and would like to know if it possible and how to configure, create, and enable individual and possibly shared accounts to be used by OWA (maybe POP) *without* having a domain account for these Exchange accounts. Server OS is Windows 2003 Server Standard Service Pack 1. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and links. mike mike wrote: > Hello. I am using Exchange 2003 no service pack and would like to know > if it possible and how to configure, create, and enable individual and > possibly shared accounts to be used by OWA (ma...

forwarding email to account outside of domain.
I have a user that's setup up on the domain using exchange 5.5 and I just want to forward her email to an address other than another user on the domain. I go to the user properties in exchange 5.5 then go to the delivery options tab and there's the alternate recipient box and I click on that then click on the modify button and it only gives me a list of users on the domain and it doesn't give me an option to send it to an outside address. Can someone please help??? Thanks in advance for your help. Nick R. You want to create a custom recipient first. This is where you&#...

host unreachable for few domain
Running Exchange 5.5 on Win2K with all the latest service packs and patches. Its a single server with IMC. I've problem to send out e-mail, I'm unable to send e- mail to few domains, when I look my mail queue in IMC it says <host unreachable>. - I chcek my DNS settings - check dns also with nslookup - Change DNS entry to my ISP - Telnet to probematic doamin on port 25, able send e- mail. - Send e-mail to problematic domain from yahoo.com, no problem, everything look fine. Don't know where is the problem, maybe someone can help me. Diagnoses and Treatment of Black Hol...

Query Join
Hello, I need your assistance as I am a beginner with MS Access 2007. Please review the SQL and hope it makes sense. I am trying to capture all records from 2010 AOP even if there is none from SAP GL side. It seems to work with SAP GL, but not all of the AOP side. What am I missing? Not sure how to fix. SELECT [DC Conversion].DC, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].DC, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].[SAP GL], [Category conversion].Category, [SAP P4 GL].[COST ELEMENT], [Category conversion].[Cost Element Name], Sum([SAP P4 GL].P4) AS SumOfP4, [2010 AOPII with Benefits].P4 FROM [2...