Item Event Handling

Dear all,

I'm writing a COM Add-in for OL 2000 to synchronize emails
between OL and IMAP server. I want to handle events for
every email item in every folder. For example, when user
moves multiple mails from this folder to another one, how
do I know what items have been moved?

Thank you very much,

Khoa Tran
0
tvkhoa (1)

Each MAPIFolder has an Items collection. If you declare the Items
collection WithEvents you can handle the ItemChange, ItemAdd and
ItemRemove events. ItemChange and ItemAdd return an Item object that
is the item being added or changed. ItemRemove doesn't supply the Item
and fires after it is removed so it is of minimal value.

First go to the Resources page at www.microeye.com and download the
ItemsCB COM addin sample, written in VB 6. It shows the best practices
for Outlook COM addins and also shows how to handle event handlers.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Khoa Tran" <tvkhoa@tma.com.vn> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I'm writing a COM Add-in for OL 2000 to synchronize emails
> between OL and IMAP server. I want to handle events for
> every email item in every folder. For example, when user
> moves multiple mails from this folder to another one, how
> do I know what items have been moved?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Khoa Tran

0
kenslovak (742)

Listbox Delete multiple items
Hello. I'm trying to create a vba routine to delete items from a listbox. This is a multiselect listbox and what is happening is that i select several items and the code only removes the first item. When the first item is deleted, all of the other selected items became unselected. I post the code i'm using bellow. Can anyone give me a hint on this issue? Thanks, Luis Private Sub RemoveItem_btn_Click() If Listbox_1.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub For i = Listbox_1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1 If Listbox_1.Selected(i) Then Listbox_1.Remove...

Sent Items issue
When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. T On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:41:04 -0800, ctdude wrote: > When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items > folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted > as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account(s)? What is the error th...

Create an event at Ring0 level
Hi, whats the way of creating an event at Ring0 level.I am using Win 98 OS.So far i have got the information to create event at ring3 and convert it to ring0 event.But i don't want to do that.I need to create event at ring0 level.How to do that. Plz reply. regds vinay ...

rev level in item inquiry
We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry screen. It would just link to the revision level field in the item engineering data screen. Currently a user with only inquiry access can not see what revision a part is supposed to be. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

dictionary->(item, item, item); Can dictionary point to an array in VBA?
Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? Can you do something like that in code? Dim oDict as new Scripting.Dictionary oDict.Add "key_value", Array("foo", "bar") Tim "cate" <catebekensail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9f4b847e-eba7-487c-ac86-749d217dcc7e@b30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? > > Can you do something like that in code? ...

BEFORE UPDATE EVENT
Hi, I am very fascinated with the control one can have over what goes in by the use of the BEFORE UPDATE EVENT of a control on a form or the form itself. Unfortunately, I do not have the proper knowledge of how to use the procedure so that I do not get error messages when I am entering data. Can anyone recommend a good article I can read to get my feet wet? -- Glint On Oct 30, 11:34 am, Glint <Gl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am very fascinated with the control one can have over what goes in by the > use of the BEFORE UPDATE EVENT of a control on a form or...

Item
Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib Ivan, What are Inc and Ex costs and are you asking for more custom fields or do you really mean customer fields? -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:Oo9hLB4%23FHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib In places like Australia retailers prefer to see the cost of an item including tax as well as Excluding. So that quoting ite...

item created date for copied items
We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items. To make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function. Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the copied item's created date). Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity Tracking. It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the NEW item was copied off an old item. It is important for us to run reports off Created Date. It is also important for us to see who created the NEW item in case there are data entry errors. Thank you. -----...

Three items, column and line chart
I have data for the quarter that looks like this: PRODUCT LINE Jan Forecast Jan Actual Jan % of Fcst PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS 2,921,347 2,017,000 69% I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a secondary axes as the %. Is this possible? I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual bar. TIA, Carole O Hi Carole - Easier than you might think. Make a column chart using all three series of data. Select the % series, then choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select Line. Then double click on this line, ...

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

item picture
Is there a way to get an items picture on a report? I use the item price list report and export it to HTML to get my items on my web page. This works fine, however I would like to include the items picture also but I don't see that as a field to include on the report. Is anyone doing this or know of a way to do this? Thanks, Craig You could add the Item.PictureName field to the report. Search the newsgroup and you should find several recent examples of adding a column to a report. This isn't going to be much help though as this is only going to include the Filename of the ...

Other Items Bought with a particular item
Hi all- Extensive heavy-duty user of RMS and regular custom-creator of reports, but can't seem to find a way to manage this one. I have item XYZ and I've identified it as not a highly profitable item, but possibly an item that my customers purchase alongside other higher margin products. The item has hundreds of movements in the Movement History report. How can I run a report to show either: a.) The total sales ticket value of all transactions which include XYZ item. -or- b.) A list of other items (along with cost and sold price) which were purchased over a set period along ...

if all items in listbox are the same
access 2003 On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ie all ST or all IT... If they are the same then Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.optHP.Visible = True Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.FrameElem_Label.Visible = True -- deb On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:38:01 -0700, deb <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >access 2003 > >On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). > >How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ...

Items not in sent items folder
I am running Outlook 2000 and when trying to email directly from Word using File --> Send --> as Attachment, the email goes through, but does not show up in my Sent Items folder. I checked the box in Options to save messages in sent items. Any ideas? ...

Item Serial Numbers for Matrixed Items
Hello all: I have a question regarding serial numbers for matrixed items. I would like to set up an item, and then include a matrix for size, color, length, and still maintain invenotry on each color/sytle combination, and have a serial number for each item. Can anyone provide details as to how to best accomplish this. Thanks Victor Example: Style:FANA01 this comes in: Red, Green, Yellow and each color has small, med, large. Each item has a serial number. Create the item using the New Item Wizard as a matrix item. At the end of the wizard select "Edit this item" On t...

Set policies for items archivation on Exchange
Hi, it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? Or should can it be done using GPO? Thanks, Jozef Izso. On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:53:02 -0800, Jozef Izso <jozef.izso@nospam.postalias> wrote: >Hi, > >it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items >from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? > >Or should can it be done using GPO? Yes, I believe you can set this with the outlook adm using a GPO. > > &g...

Embedded Barcode Items Receiving
Is there any way to do a physical inventory or receiving in Store Ops on embedded coded items? When scanning into either of the above, since it is reading the whole barcode - says item does not exist. Does anyone out there do this or have a suggestion of how to accomplish? ...

Line Item comments in SOP Transaction in Sales Line Item Smartlist
The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text rather than line item comment text entered in Sales Item detail entry screen. Seems illogical to me. It should pick comment text from Line item details rather than transaction level comments. Any Ideas? What version? It seems fine in 8.0. VG "Samit" wrote: > The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) > seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text > rather than line item com...

CTRL + Z event handler
Hi, I have a CRichEditCtrl window as a child window of CView class in an MDI type application. I am trying to put undo support for text editing but the CTRL + Z event is getting caught by the CView class only. In CView class CTRL + Z event is handled by handling ID_EDIT_UNDO command. Can someone point out what I need to do to get the CTRL + Z event in CRichEditCtrl? I tried to use message reflection but I am not sure if I used it correctly. Any help is appreicated. Thanks. First, make sure you don't have a Ctrl-Z shortcut in your ACCELERATOR resource. If you have it, remove it. Normal...

Subform "OnEnter" event interfering with parent form navigation buttons
I have a subform that displays data pertaining to the parent form's current record. I set it up so that OnEnter opens another form where the subform data came from, then sets the focus back to a control on the main form. I set the focus elsewhere to "exit" the subform so that I could reuse the subform OnEnter like OnClick. Thusly a repeatable button. The problem is, after the subfom button is used the main form record navigation buttons run the OnEvent code. After I close and reopen the database the navigation buttons work as they are supposed to. What am I missing. After work...

work order not committing item in inventory
I don't know if I have a corrupt data base or some other issue but I have items that are on work orders that don't show as committed when you look at quantities in inventory. Example: Item x has on on hand quantity of 2 I create a work order and put 1 of item x on it and save the work order. I look it item properties and under the inventory tab instead of showing me quantity on hand of 2, quantity committed of 1 and quantity available of one, it still shows as 2 on hand and 2 available. any ideas? thanks, Jim Jim, There have been a few issues with work orders and on-hand q...

Assembly Item and Departments
We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens fees and cart fees together. But we would like for this assembly item, not the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees) from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen. The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the department and have them showing up individually. I didn't know if there was something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, any other ideas of how to accomplish this...

SQL Statement for attaching Item Messages to Items
Greetings, I need a SQL statement to attach an Item Message to all items for my client. Can anyone help me? My client is a liquor store that wants to attach an Item Message, Check ID to every item, without having to go through the entire db and attaching to each item individually. Nevermind: Got it, Update Item set MessageID = 1 where MessageID = 0 "Catzilla" wrote: > Greetings, > I need a SQL statement to attach an Item Message to all items for my client. > Can anyone help me? My client is a liquor store that wants to attach an Item > Message, Check ID to every...

Event ID 9211 MS Exchange MTA
I am receiving this error on one of my Exchange 2000 servers on Windows 2000. Any advice? A sockets error 0 on bind call was detected. The NTA will attempt to recover the sockets connection. Control block index 0 Base IL TCP/IP DRVR 11 258 12 Thanks Ross ...

UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS
Can't delete an item from the inbox or anywhere else except the DELETED box. Receive the error: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook. Last date known that could successfully delete items 12/12/03. Don't know what happened at the time as I was called in after the event. Have restarted Outlook - no luck. Checked Knowledge base - recommended installing SP1. As it already exists on ws,won't let me overide existing SP1. Possible causes as per Knowledge base not the causes in this instance. Does anyone have any suggestion...