ISO information for newbie

What is the difference between Outlook and Outlook Express?  When I see in
these newsgroups, a reference to Outlook, am I correct in thinking that it is
the same thing as Microsoft Outlook?  And isn't Microsoft Outlook an email
program?

Thanks,

Max
0
Max1 (168)

see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm for an explanation of the
two different products.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the difference between Outlook and Outlook Express?  When I see in
> these newsgroups, a reference to Outlook, am I correct in thinking that it
> is
> the same thing as Microsoft Outlook?  And isn't Microsoft Outlook an email
> program?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Max

0
msnews1660 (730)
6/21/2005 8:09:12 PM
Oh, wow, I think I need something a bit more basic.  I didn't even know that
there are different types of mail, I just thought that because they are all
sent using a computer, that they are all email!

Thanks again, though.

Max

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm for an explanation of the
> two different products.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What is the difference between Outlook and Outlook Express?  When I see in
> > these newsgroups, a reference to Outlook, am I correct in thinking that it
> > is
> > the same thing as Microsoft Outlook?  And isn't Microsoft Outlook an email
> > program?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Max

0
Max1 (168)
6/21/2005 8:22:04 PM
In that case, I'd recommend Outlook Express unless you need a calendar (and
then there are other options available for calendaring). It's very easy to
use and offers quite a few useful features for people who just need to send
and receive email.

--

> Oh, wow, I think I need something a bit more basic.  I didn't even know
> that
> there are different types of mail, I just thought that because they are
> all
> sent using a computer, that they are all email!
>
> Thanks again, though.
>
> Max
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm for an explanation of the
>> two different products.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What is the difference between Outlook and Outlook Express?  When I see
>> > in
>> > these newsgroups, a reference to Outlook, am I correct in thinking that
>> > it
>> > is
>> > the same thing as Microsoft Outlook?  And isn't Microsoft Outlook an
>> > email
>> > program?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Max

0
msnews1660 (730)
6/21/2005 8:36:52 PM
Well I don't really have a choice, Outlook is what is already installed on my
office p.c., and I can't put new software on it.  I don't have the kind of
position where I really require calendaring, but it was already on the
machine when I started the job.  (For personal use, I have gotten familiar
with the organizer feature of my cell phone.  I once had a Palm Pilot, but
the screen became permanently desensitized, and with the cell phone, even
though the features are limited, I don't have to worry about that, nor losing
a stylus, plus the cell phone is not as sensitive a piece of equipment as the
PDA's are, IMO.)

Thank you again!

--Max

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> In that case, I'd recommend Outlook Express unless you need a calendar (and
> then there are other options available for calendaring). It's very easy to
> use and offers quite a few useful features for people who just need to send
> and receive email.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oh, wow, I think I need something a bit more basic.  I didn't even know
> > that
> > there are different types of mail, I just thought that because they are
> > all
> > sent using a computer, that they are all email!
> >
> > Thanks again, though.
> >
> > Max
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm for an explanation of the
> >> two different products.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>

> >> "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Max1 (168)
6/21/2005 9:16:12 PM
OE is there somewhere, probably hidden... but on a corporate system you are
often forced into what they want you to use. :(

--

> Well I don't really have a choice, Outlook is what is already installed on
> my
> office p.c., and I can't put new software on it.  I don't have the kind of
> position where I really require calendaring, but it was already on the
> machine when I started the job.  (For personal use, I have gotten familiar
> with the organizer feature of my cell phone.  I once had a Palm Pilot, but
> the screen became permanently desensitized, and with the cell phone, even
> though the features are limited, I don't have to worry about that, nor
> losing
> a stylus, plus the cell phone is not as sensitive a piece of equipment as
> the
> PDA's are, IMO.)
>
> Thank you again!
>
> --Max
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> In that case, I'd recommend Outlook Express unless you need a calendar
>> (and
>> then there are other options available for calendaring). It's very easy
>> use and offers quite a few useful features for people who just need to
>> send
>> and receive email.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Oh, wow, I think I need something a bit more basic.  I didn't even know
>> > that
>> > there are different types of mail, I just thought that because they are
>> > all
>> > sent using a computer, that they are all email!
>> >
>> > Thanks again, though.
>> >
>> > Max

0
msnews1660 (730)

Executable information
Hello, I have the following problem - I would like to gather information of my MFC executable. Normally one creates the company info, version number, etc. in the string table in resources. I do not know how to obtain the information. Say I write a little scanner which for every exe in a given directory obtains the information I can usually see in explorer. Thank you for help, Pshemek GetFileVersionInfo, and go to the "See also" on Version Information Overview to discover all the related APIs. Then use CFileFind and write a recursive program to find all the .exe files. joe ...

Deleting an information store and starting over.
I inherited a 145GB information store. I set up a new exchange server and moved half the mailboxes off and into several different stores. I do not have enough room to do an offline defrag but want to still shrink the size of the inherited store. I want to move all the user off and into a temporary store, delete the information store and move the users back. Can i just delete the .mdb and .stm files and start the store again to get a clean store. What about the SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR account. I dont want to mess up my exchange env by deleting the wrong stuff. Hi Brillmike, You can follo...

Moving Information store #2
Sir, At Present we are using Exchange 2003 installed in Dell power edge server, i want to move the information store and database to other server which is different hardware configuration. How to move the information store and database to other server Thanks and Regards sathish Kumar nair On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:49:01 -0700, sathish kumar nair <sathishkumarnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sir, > >At Present we are using Exchange 2003 installed in Dell power edge server, i >want to move the information store and database to other server which is >different ...

Using Office 2k3 functionality via Information Bridge Framework
Hi all, Firstly, I have overcome many obstacles by reading these newsgroups. Keep up the good work! My CRM installation is ready and I was confronted with the lack of front-end application coupling. Functionality like typing letters should be coupled to Word, as well as making a quote. In my opinion that is. Now I found the IBF (Information Bridge Framework) which should make my life easier. Although during install, I get the following error: "Microsoft CRM is not installed on this computer" Which is absurd, because it is installed and working properly! I followed the diffe...

=?ISO-8859-9?Q?Would_you_like_to_sell_the_grain_dryers_which_offers?= =?ISO-8859-9?Q?_you_high_earnings=2E__Stop_to_selling_more_expensive_dryers_a?= =?ISO-8859-9?Q?nd_earn_less_=2D_If_you_earn_more_t
Would you like to sell the grain dryers which offers you high earnings. Stop to selling more expensive dryers and earn less - If you earn more than we can sell our grain dryer - Our company has started production grain dryer in 2007. Has been exported to 17 countries in the world . The main countries are Russia, Ukrainne, Bulgaria, Tatarstan, Romania, these countries are few. The reason to sell many countries a large amount in a short time is we have our own features and high capacity by producing machines. The best quality can be presented to the cheapest is due. Our prices offer you the ...

Event 170
We have been receiving this error on our IMC servers. I have looked up this error on several sites, which all point to a possible looping through an X-400 connector. We have not X-400 connectors. No articles have gone in detail on common causes. Does anyone have any ideas that can help in troubleshooting this error? Thanks ...

Information Store #3
My Exchange 5.5 crashed and all was lost except a file called "priv.edb" ( I was able to save this file to another location before the crash). I have re-installed exchange and I moved the "priv.edb" file to MDBDATA folder on EXCHSRVR folder on the windows NT server. However, information store service will not start. I did integrity check using ISINTEG -patch and to no avail. How can I make the new exchange recognise the priv.rdb file and also make information store service start? Thank you try running isinteg -pri -fix -test alltests I recovered an exchagne 2000 from...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Dexterity_Runtime_-_Security_Warning.__Windows_has_blocked?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_this_software_because_it_can't_verify_the_publisher.__Unk?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?nown_Publisher_=22.?=
Hello All, I've been working with one client and they have been getting the error "Dexterity Runtime - Security Warning. Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher. Unknown Publisher ". This only happens to one workstation and what we have done was 1. Copy over the GP folder from one working pc - did not work 2. Uninstalled and then re-installed GP - no luck Currently running on version 9 - I'd like to know whether there's some DLL file we need to get registered or if there's anything in the registry we need to get rid off. T...

Passing information from Cell to SQL Query
I have made a connection to an AS/400 Database through Excel and have successfully run a query against this and have pulled back the required information. I plan to run this query on a daily basis and the information is based on date parameters that I enter. Currently the only way I know how to do this is to edit the SQL 'Command Text' directly. The command I currently have is WHERE (XMTFTXD45 between '20091021.000000' and '20091021.999999') What I would like to do is to have the 2 dates entered into cells on my Spreadsheet and for the SQL to query the cells dir...

Viewing imported information
I cannot view information imported into Word (2003). I am pressing <Prt Scr> to capture a screen image and then <Paste>. I can view only the outline of the captured information - but it does print out OK. I've tried all the ,Paste Special> options. What do I have to do to be able to see the imported information please. Thanks. Bill R Tools | Options | View: Clear the check box for "Picture placeholders." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Bill R" <...

Exporting\Storing Information to Sharepoint
Hi Is it possible to export information to Sharepoint? We would like to make invoices, contracts etc currently generated in CRM available to our clients on individual project sites in Sharepoint. What would be the best way of approaching this problem? If this is supported is there a component we can buy or a whitepaper that would allow us to do this? Thanks Cameron I am not aware of anyone who has written sharepoint components for CRM. There may be an issue with licensing as the components would be used to allow users who do not have a CRM license to access CRM data. -- John O&#...

Email Header Information
Is there an option to turn on the header information in a OutLook 2002 email? I would like to see the IP address of incoming mail. Is this a feature built into OutLook? Thanks, Carlos Right click the message and choose Options. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Carlos" <solutionscorridor@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:12b001c39360$2da3d140$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an option to turn on the header information in a > OutLook 2002 email? ...

Incomplete Information
Hi there: I have troubles with some batches, there are inconsistencies between the sy00500 table and the series tables for example in the sy00500 I have batches witout bchnumb with BCHSOURC from inventory transactions, then when I look into table iv10000 I have just one record with the same BCHNUMB than the records from sy00500 and others without BCHNUMB, does anyone know how to fix this? ...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Instantly_Convert_Microsoft=AE_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Excel_Document_into_PDF_Files?=
Instantly Convert Microsoft? Excel Document into PDF Files Convert Xls to PDF For Excel is the fast, affordable way to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. Its easy-to-use interface allows you to create PDF files by simply click the "Save as PDF" button from MS Excel, creating documents which can be viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer. Convert Xls to PDF For Excel supports Font embedding, resolution, compression and multi-language. And Convert Xls to PDF For Excel don't need any software such as adobe acrobat. How does it works: Convert Xls ...

Public Information Store Database
We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT 4. In the Outlook client, when I right click on All Public Folders, it says total size of all folders is not quite 3 GB. However, on the server, the pub.edb says it is over 7.5 GB. Where's that other 4.5GB of space? There's not much in deleted files retention, very little. We're not sure what is going on, we only have 25MB free white space after online defrags are performed so we're very concerned. I am also having trouble with archiving public folders where I receive an error during archiving saying I dont have permissi...

Information Store Service starts slowly
Hello, We are currently Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 and using Veritas 10 to back it up. After doing a restore it takes 15 minutes for the Information Store service to start and we only have 3 users currently setup. When the serve is running in production it will have 200 users. Will this change the time the Information Store will take to start after a restore? I read a previous newsgroup article from google talking about the replay logs causing the problem. What are replay logs? Thanks Warren Are you getting any errors or warnings in the event logs? How many logs are being replayed? ...

Updating internet information
Everytime I atempt to conneect to online services, Money starts to re-install itself. Of course, it cannot close because its in the middle of updating and udating online services hangs as well. I've tried re-installing but it continues. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Newbie query about adding trendline
The manual says: "Excel makes adding a trend line to a chart quite simple. Select Chart => Add Trendline to display the Add Trendline dialog box." But I can't find the correct entry point. What I discovered from Excel Standard Toolbar: Insert => Chart => Chart Wizard - Step 1 of 4. Even though I went through all the 4 steps I couldn't find the [Add Trendline] button. Certainly somebody out here can help me to solve such simple problem. Thanks! Oopse, I got it a few minutes after posting. A new [Chart] button will appear when I click a chart already set u...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?elektrofahrrad_36=2Cgebrauchte_elektro_fahrr=E4der=2Celek?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?trofahrrad_hybrid=2Cklapprad_7=2Cein_fahrrad_mit_hilfsmotor=2Celek?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?trofahrrad_preis=2Cbeste_e
elektrofahrrad 36,gebrauchte elektro fahrr=E4der,elektrofahrrad hybrid,klapprad 7,ein fahrrad mit hilfsmotor,elektrofahrrad preis,beste elektrofahrrad,elektrofahrrad geschwindigkeit,elektro r=E4der,fahrrad mit hilfsmotor versicherung,klapprad klappr=E4der,elektrofahrrad rekuperation,elektrofahrrad citybike pedelec,rixe elektro fahrrad,kesenci klappfahrrad, + + + +++ ELEKTRO FAHRR=C4DER ** ELEKTROFAHRRAD ** ELEKTROFAHRR=C4DER ** ELEKTRO FAHRRAD +++ + http://www.dogomania.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3D299401#post299401 http://www.dogomania.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3D299401#post299401 http://ww...

transfer information from a site into excel
How can I take daily information on a website amd link it to an excel worksheet ? I want this to be instead of cutting and pasting ! One thing you can try is, in the body of the web site, right click and download to excel. This creates a web query that you can modify. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "joe l" <joe l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D7EDDA9-E61B-4274-99F0-64FD11FE6B6F@microsoft.com... > How can I take daily information on a website amd link it to an excel > worksheet ? > I want this to be instead of cutting and p...

Nosotros marcaremos la =?ISO-8859-1?Q?opci=F3n_Establecer_mi?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_conexi=F3n_manualmente_para_seguir_todos_los?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_pasos_de_la_instalaci=F3n=2E?=

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Is there a limit on how much information a cell can hold?
I am typing a very large description of a parcel of land in an Excel spreadsheet. At a certain point, the text no longer appears in whole. I only am able to see part of it. If I select the cell, then I see everything. When I print, I only print part of it. I have tried left indent, expanding the width, exapanding the height. Anyone Anyone?? Excel only displays about 1024 characters in the cell. This can be adjusted slightly by using Alt+Enters (line feeds), but you are limited. "jcotleur@reminger.com" wrote: > I am typing a very large description of a parcel of land...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Modify_Recipient's_Address_Book_Properties_via_a_Web_Inter?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?face?=
We would like to give a secretary a possibility to modify Address Book properties (like a telephone number) via a web interface or a simple application without installing admin tools. What's the best way? Is there anything like that available by default, Microsoft download, shareware or purchased software? ...

How do place a column of date/time information into a calendar for
Please allow me to better define the question. I'm currently use a spreadsheet that allows me to enter a start date and time as a 'reference'. Then in a column, I enter a project code(s)(which uses a vlookup to get the amount of time required to complete that project). So from that start date/time and a list of project codes I have a list of start/end times (with date) for all of the projects that are to be scheduled for the week (it's a 24/7 operation so after one project ends another one starts and the length of time for each projects varies greatly). That part all...