Is this the right news group for Outlook Web Access questions?

I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For
Follow up' and for 'unread' as I have int he real client.

Cheers.

Robin

No, an Exchange group would be better suited as OWA is a part of Exchange,
not Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Robin Jackson asked:

| I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For
| Follow up' and for 'unread' as I have int he real client.
|
| Cheers.
|
| Robin

0
MillyS (3228)
7/14/2006 12:13:37 PM
And where, pray, is it hiding?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> No, an Exchange group would be better suited as OWA is a part of Exchange,
> not Outlook.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Robin Jackson asked:
>
> | I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For
> | Follow up' and for 'unread' as I have int he real client.
> |
> | Cheers.
> |
> | Robin

0
IainMac (1)
10/6/2006 7:56:02 AM
in OE, Microsoft.public.exchange.* (news server is msnews.Microsoft.com) or
for web interface, from the Microsoft.com/exchange homepage, choose
community then the newsgroup link at the top of the page.
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/server/exchange.mspx)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"IainMac" <IainMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> And where, pray, is it hiding?
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> No, an Exchange group would be better suited as OWA is a part of
>> Exchange,
>> not Outlook.
>>
>> --�
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>> reading.
>>
>> After furious head scratching, Robin Jackson asked:
>>
>> | I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For
>> | Follow up' and for 'unread' as I have int he real client.
>> |
>> | Cheers.
>> |
>> | Robin

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook not loading
I recently got cable connection for the internet. I am trying to open outlook, and when it asks for my password, it ends up freezing. Any guidance? ...

Outlook 2003 slow to start up
Outlook 2003 starts up very slowly (3 or more minutes) only at the first Outlook startup after turning on my windows xp pc. If Outlook is closed then reopened without restarting the pc, it only takes a couple of seconds to startup which seems pretty normal. What could I do to fix the problem so that Outlook would start up normally whenever the pc is started? Thanks so much. The lengthy startup sounds like Outlook is verifying the integrity of your PST file(s). It only does this when Outlook doesn't shutdown properly when the OS shuts down or logging off the system. T...

How do I un-freeze Outlook?
Need help! I can bring up the outlook page and I see all my already- read e-mails and files but when I click on any new e-mail or anything on the menu -- it freezes. I have rebooted several times to no avail. Does anyone know how I can unfreeze outlook so I can use it again!? Thanks. find and rename outcmd.dat and *.srs. if that fails, report back with the version of outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

MS Access 2003
Can anyone help? I never used to have this problem BUT since SP3 whenever I delete child table records (which delete fine) and then follow to delete the primary table record Access 'Stops working' and can't find a solution. Office 2003 is running in Vista. I am now having to copy the table structure to a new table and deleting the entire old table in order to clear the records I wish to discard. I have checked all link references and none a set to one-to-many. Have I found an Access Bug or is there another answer? ...

Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula?
Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula? The remaining ones do work, but these two are not getting the right results. Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" I'm trying to get both column G & H to show a combined value of data in other columns. Column G should show result by combining data from column E & B, while column H should show result by combining data from column F & C. Column G is showing: =RC[-2]&RC[-5] ...

signature, Outlook 2002, separate sigs for different mail accounts?
My wife and I use Outlook 2002 (SP3) for our e-mail. I created my own signature which also appears on her separate e-mails (from her own separate e-mail account). Is it possible to have _separate_ signatures for each individual e-mail account? I've looked everywhere in the program but I can't find a way to accomplish this. Is this possible .... or not? Thanks, Dave Horne with outlook 2002, only if you have separate windows account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beg...

.Net Web App (client) / Web Service XML (server) HTTP Post
I think I have confused myself with reading all the articles on XML so I am hoping someone can point me in the direction for each piece of the project I am trying to develop. 1st Step - I need to have a Web app that will create an XML stream and send it to a Web Services on our Web server 2nd Step - Need to create a Web Service that will accept the XML Stream - then "process" it, then send an XML Stream back 3rd Step - We the same app that was created in step 1, I need to be able to read the new XML stream coming from the Web Service in Step 2. If someone could point me to the c...

shortcut mouse right side key
the shortcut key on the right side no longer works in Excel. This is after installing a software inventory control in developed in Excel and removed for free on the Internet. Could anyone help me to run down the right side to link the mouse when using Excel? -- cslgh No menu when you right-click on a cell? Perhaps code from the inventory control program you installed disabled it. Alt + F11 to open VBE. View>Immediate Window. Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key. Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True Alt + q to return to Excel.............

Giving rights to a user's mailbox
I have a number of users that I have created in my Windows2003 domain that are giving me greif. I have been unable to assign permissions to their mailboxes to give other users the full mailbox right. When I go through the motions of giving the correct rights and then I try to open the mailbox in Outlook by telling it to open an aditional mailbox under the advanced tab I get an error of: Unable to expand the folder. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Any ideas? Thanks Mike Aditional: This is Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have also tried creating a new profile with t...

How can i hide folders in Outlook ?
Hello, i have a linux imap server to manage my e-mail but we have any problems with our free/busy calendar and i have also an exchange server and i want to use this server to use outlook/exchange calendar fonctionnality but i don't want to view exchange inbox floder and others, i just want the calendar. How can i can i make it possible ? thanks by advance, Jean-philippe Technical support Outlook provides no way to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Program...

Outlook Express Group Email Failure
I have a few groups with many recipients. Recently I got a failure message (unknown smtp error) and I suspect one of the addresses may be no longer valid (not sure which one). Outlook Express failed to send the message to any of the recipients. Is there a way to have Outlook Express send the message to those that are valid and ignore the bad addresses? "Roy P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005001c3d931$4001cab0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a few groups with many recipients. Recently I got > a failure message (unknown smtp error) and I ...

Offline Outlook Synchronization should allow ALL records
I finally got my Great Plains integration with CRM working, and I have to say that I am very disappointed that my customers do not synch with Outlook. I just realized that only records that are "owned" by me will synchronize, and not my entire database. All of my Great Plains records are owned by the Integration user. I'm not sure that if I change ownership to myself, whether that will mess up the integration with Great Plains. (does anyone know the answer to this?) My suggestion is that all users should be able to synchronize all accounts, contacts & leads with th...

How do I export User Defined fields from Outlook?
I have created several new fields (such as Spouse Title) in my contact list. I don't see these fields when I export it onto an excel spreadsheet. Why and where did I go wrong? -- Tech Trainer It's a limitation. A workaround would be to create a view that holds all the fields that you wish to export. Then simply copy/paste that to Excel. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ...

outlook and hotmail #2
I tried to add two hotmail accounts to my outlook. I was successful in adding them both, but only one works. Is it possible to use two, and if so, how? In the account that isn't working properly, I can see the senders and the subject line of the emails, just not the body. The other account works perfectly. Your help is appreciated. switch <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I tried to add two hotmail accounts to my outlook. I was > successful in adding them both, but only one works. Read the post from Milly Staples. -- Brian Tillman Smiths...

Exchange Server 5.5 Admin access and contol over MS Outlook client's mail
An inquiry on Exchange Server 5.5 and MS Outlook client Hi All, Could my System and Exchange Admin with full control and access make some changes and amendments to an old Received and/or Sent emails at a user mail box folders?, save the changes or amendments at the Exchange Server 5.5 and at its original location in the users mailbox keeping the old original old dates of those emails as before the amendment is being done? is that possible at all? and could it be accomplished or not? is it possible to change an email source code to change the email text? is that possible and how ? ...

Very Easy...Right?
How do I change an existing code from... mynum = Application.InputBox("Select Submission_ID") ....to mynum is located in cell A4 on sheet 1 (ie use the number already located in A4) with no InputBox I've tried.... mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(R4,C1) mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(4,1).Value mynum = Range("A4") I've even tried... Range("A4").Select mynum = ActiveCell I just don't know how to tell it to input the number already contained in A4 as the input for the already existing code. i'd use ...

access 2003 crashing
Having a problem with a form CmdBtn event, and wondering if anyone has run into this problem . CmdBtn 'onclick' event is used to do calculations, and then has "DoCmd.Close" at end of code. When this close event fires, the app fails, & I get errmsg of "access not responding". If it matters, my 'close' command is preceded by the end of a bypass section (If----GoTo) which I recently added to the CmdBtn. I've not checked to see if this crash occurs when the coding is NOT bypassed . Any suggestions? Happy new year. On Dec 29, 8:30 pm, richal...@cs.com ...

Outlook setup #10
I'm getting the following error when testing my email: "The specified server was found but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and ssl information is correct. To access these settings close the dialog then click more settings and click on the advance tab." I don't know what to look for. And I verified all the settings but is the SMTP: msn.com? Are you trying to set up a web-based account like Hotmail or Yahoo? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Danny Mac" wrote: &g...

IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access th...

Storing Email (Outlook) folders on CD
Can anyone tell me the quickest way of storing my email (Outlook) folders on CD without doing it one at a time. Thanks If it's small enough, just burn the PST to the CD. search for a (rather large) file with a .pst extension. Note that the PST might be hidden. A DVD is often abetter option due to the size of the PST file. You can also archive and burnt eh archive and/pr copy items to new smaller PSTs. "AB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b7801c4ab11$0e0a3440$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me the quickest way of storing my emai...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

Outlook installs from share
We deployed office installation through Active directory. Then our Domain controller died and we had to replace it with a new one but with a different domain name, we were lucky enough to somehow migrate the users. Now when some users start up any office applicaion (office 2003) it tries to install but keeps saying that the user needs administrative rights. This doesn't happen to computers where we installed it locally. I tried to uninstall office from the computer where it installed from network and then install it locally, but the samt hing happens again. Is there some wa...

Outlook 2007 doesn't go back to online mode
When I'm disconnected from the network, Outlook switches to Disconnected. When I restart it, it starts in offline mode, which is OK. However, when the network connection is back again, Outlook stays in Offline mode. Doing a manual Send & Receive retrieves messages, but it then go back to offline mode, and doesn't retrieve messages automatically. Is there a way to tell Outlook 2007 to go back online? I cannot find a "Work offline" menu item in the file menu. Thanks, Splintor ...

Administrative rights
I'm fairly new to Exchange 2003. I have it running on Server 2000. (I inherited this setup.) I'm trying to enable another user to create IDs and have the AD automatically create the Exchange mailbox at the same time. Whenever they create a user, they are NOT prompted to create the Echange info. That form never appears. I thought the solution was to delegate control to them at the Administrative group level. I set up a group and given it View and Full control. I have set up the user specifically with View and Full Control. Nothing seems to allow him to create mailboxes. ...

how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer. and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab. help and suggestion needed. Thanks "MXC" <mxchen100@hotmail.com> wrote: >I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied > &g...