is there a way to send out an email at a prescheduled time?

Say today I have written an email to congratulate somebody for a certain
future event -- such as giving baby, etc...

Is there a way to time my email?

Thanks a lot!

click on Options when composing the message - depending on your version and
account type, the message will be sent at the time specified. Test it first
to see how it works with your combination.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"cfman" <comtech.usa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Say today I have written an email to congratulate somebody for a certain
> future event -- such as giving baby, etc...
>
> Is there a way to time my email?
>
> Thanks a lot!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/6/2006 9:27:19 AM
Hi,
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052427901033.aspx
Rgrds,
--
DAVE

"cfman" wrote:

> Say today I have written an email to congratulate somebody for a certain
> future event -- such as giving baby, etc...
>
> Is there a way to time my email?
>
> Thanks a lot!

0
minimax (6)

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Sending Emails
I have the following Excel with data in columns: State-Name-Customer-Email-PO-NV-Product01-Qty01-Product02-Qty02-Product03-Qty03-DeliveryDate And I would like to create a code that everytime the user enters the last info on Delivery Date, it sends and automated email to the Email stated on that row, So the email would use the information stored on the rows: Subject: (State) (PO) (Customer) Message: Dear (Name): Your Purchase Order (PO) associated to our Nota de Venta(NV) with the following products: (Product01) (Qty01) (Product02) (Qty02) (Product03) (Qty03) is under ...

Quicker Calculation Time
I have a sheet thath as multiple LOOKUP functions being used and couple custom functions being used. The calculations are extremely slow...is there a way to speed them up -- jeffcravene ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jeffcravener's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31977 Since you give no details, it's impossible to give you any specific advice. Check out: http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeed.htm In article <jeffcravener....

CRM 4.0
I have a CRM 4.0 Professional (with Exchange mail router integration) user who is trying to send email that CRM reports is too big... no attachments, single paragraph of plain text. I'm aware of the max size setting for attahments but have not seen one for messages themselves. To my knowledge no changes have been made in the system and this user has sent emails recently with and without attachments. Thoughts? Much appreciated, JD See registry setting for maximize the email string etc. Can you check log if its not sending, whats log saying, email me. -- Regards, MS CRM Certifi...

Can't send emails #4
Hi I am getting this error when sending emails 'No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.'. This problem is intermittent and does not happen all the time. I have repaired the personal folders using scanpst but this has not eliminated the problem. This is on a win xp laptop. The laptop also connects with exchange server (sbs 2003) when in the office under a different username. The offline folders have been turned on under the office username/profile. Anything I can try to fix this mail sending problem? Thanks Regards Checked with your ISP lately -- Pe...

Sending Email from Word 2000
Each time I select File/Send to/ Mail Recipient, I get the following error message: "Word could not load the email envelope". However, if I choose Send to: "Mail Recipient as Attachment" it works fine. What's going on with this. Thanks in advance!! CLay ...

URL Link in the email
Hi, We are having a small issue with the link in the email body. We use an automated system to generate email with URL in them to different users to check the status of the transactions. When they click on the link it will take them to the desstination page without any navigation. It is working for some users and not for others. All of them are using Outlook 2000. Is there any setting they need to do?. It looks like it is inserting some CR/LF characters for some users. What could be wrong?. Some of them are using Exchange server and some of them are using POP3 servers. Thanks D...

Inserting Date/Time of Last Update
Is there a way to insert a date and time in a cell(s) that will only be updated if there is a change to the worksheet. I'm looking to have the date/time of the last update so that it is easy to tell how current the worksheet is. Thanks -- Lionel B. Dyck <>< AIM ID: lbdyck Yahoo IM: lbdyck Homepage http://www.lbdsoftware.com/ Blog: http://randommgmt.blogspot.com/ Lionel You could put some code in a worksheet_Change() event like so (uses A1) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Range("A1").Value = Now() End Sub To implement right click the sheet t...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

pop mail wil not send
Hi, I use exchange server 2003 on a windows 2003 server. I have a problem with sending mail by POP. An user used exchange (2003) mail in outlook that worked fine. Now that user wants to use pop mail so he will not have a permanent connection to a server, he receives mail but cannot send mail. Do I have to configure something on the exchange server? I saw when I use WEB mail that I cannot send mail using web mail. I press send an the mail went to the draft folder. What do I miss configured? Robert You do not send mail by POP3. You send it by SMTP. Any error message when user sends? giro wr...

Default email for all new email boxes
It's been requested that we send out a new employee orientation email to all new employees. Is there a way to do this by default with Exchange? To automatically send the same email to all new email boxes that are created.....forever. Seems like it should be doable, but I haven't been able to find a way, nor have I found the correct words to search on this. Any help is appreciated. On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:00:03 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It's been requested that we send out a new employee orientation email to all >new employees. Is th...

Why are received HTML emails blank?
I'm running outlook 2000 and windows 2000 (on a sony vaio). Recently HTML emails I've received have been blank (both in the preview pane and once opened). I can see who sent them and so on but the body is completely empty and does not display. Any suggestions? Have I caught a virus? Text emails I can see fine. id. ...

Outlook 2003 send problem #2
I have seen any number of posts that indicate the following is a common problem. But I have not yet seen a solution, either here or on the Microsoft web site. If I have just missed it, I apologize in advance. Here's the problem. Outgoing mail. I do NOT have the mailer set to send immediately (I always want the option ot check an email again). SOME emails that show up in the out book are not italicized and have "None" listed under date. In the past versions of Outlook this would occasionally happen. The solution was simple: reopen the message and click "send" aga...

How send HTML newsletter
I created a HTML newsletter. I want to PASTE the HTML into a new Outlook mail message. (Rather than attaching the newsletter as a file.) How can I do this? I did an edit/copy in the HTML newsletter and an edit/paste into the mail message but it's all screwed up (wrong bg color, images didn't size correctly, etc...) Thanks! VB Programmer <dont@emailme.com> wrote: > I created a HTML newsletter. I want to PASTE the HTML into a new > Outlook mail message. (Rather than attaching the newsletter as a > file.) > > How can I do this? See if thjis helps: ht...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Only able to get 1 email downloaded
I have both Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express set up with multiple accounts with Road Runner. Whenever I do a send/receive, I able to only receive 1 message per session. I would have to re-start my computer to get another. I have 3 accounts and it seems only 2 get processed and the server gets interrupted (per error message). I am using windows xp and have Norton Internet Security if that matters. I tried not having emails scanned, disabling the firewall and anti-virus but same results. Please help. ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

AC2007-Change where to send Report.
Another Question from Andrew. I have a table [Contracts] with a field [Contract_Number], text field, no duplicates. This table is maintained by in house (Back end). Users of the database (Front end) fill out routine data on forms which fill up several tables. Queries are used to compile data for reports, most of which is the same however depending on [Client] the format of the form must change. I have designed several forms to meet their “Particular needs”. Is there a way to fire off the info to the right form (using a print form button) based on [Contract_Number] ? Any h...

conditional email macro
I'm in way over my head and hoping for help. Our office is in an exchange environment and we use a large excel book to schedule everyone (stored in a management folder with limited access). We autopublish each sheet as a month in a shared folder so all staff can access it but not see the entire master excel book. Each date is in Row2 (columns B-V depending on the month) with staff names in the following rows of column A. Each month is a seperate sheet. My problem is changes within 2-3weeks of the date and people not noticing changes. I'd like to create a macro that applies...

Sending to Mail
When in Wordperfect 10, I try sending to mail. It should sends the document as an attachment. But when I do it now it generates an error saying the Mail System is not Available. I'm running Windows 2000 sp4, Outlook 2000 SP3. Any ideas anyone? Nick Open Internet Explorer. Choose Tools--Internet Options; then click the Programs tab and verify that the E-mail field is set to Microsoft Outlook. >-----Original Message----- >When in Wordperfect 10, I try sending to mail. It should >sends the document as an attachment. But when I do it now >it generates an error sayi...

Cell shows date, want to email from excel to me as a reminder
cell is formulated to calculate a reminder/due date, want somehow to create another function for that information/ date to be sent to me as an email so I can follow up on reminder dates that come up daily. any ideas? One idea: write the VBA code to search for the reminders to be sent today (roughly: for each row, check the date criteria and, if appropriate, send the notice and record in the workbook that the reminder was sent). Then I'd kick off the process daily using by making this an Auto_Open macro and invoking the Excel file via Windows Task Scheduler. "nldunique"...