Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
0
isailhbca (2)

No.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?

0
dianenws (1904)

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

automatic removal of archived files
Is there a way I can set the server to automatically delete old files from the archive folder in... IMCDATA->IN->ARCHIVE IMCDATA->OUT->ARCHIVE I found the way to do it for logs but not for archives. Can you help me please? thanks JP Archive is something you turned on. Diagnostic logging -> IMC -> Message Archival (Set to None to turn off) This is more for troubleshooting than something you would leave on. Exchange only has on/off for this - cleanup requires manual labor or some other utility. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS&qu...

Contact file Creation date restore
I have moved my Contacts folder from the server to my PC HD. I needed to do this to be able to export the files to Excel format (seemed not possible to do this from the server). The problem is that due to moving the folder all the Contacts files Creation dates are reset to the time & date when moved. I need to know when a file is created so I can do some cleanup after some years of use! The Excel export file still holds the original creation dates. How can I use these to restore the Contacts files (without typing the original creation date into every single Contacts file)? ...

How to Change the file associated with IE's Windows Media Player Add-on
Hello, My home computer is not playing streaming videos that are embedded in websites correctly, while my office computer can. Both machines use Internet Explorer as the web browser. I compare their settings under IE's "Manage Add-ons" and find one difference between them. At home, the file associated with Windows Media Player under the IE Manage Add-on dialog box is msdxm.ocx. At work, the file is wmpdxm.dll. I want to change the home computer IE Manage Add-on setting to be the same as that for office computer. How can I change the setting to point to th...

Outlook and exhange server
I am using oulook 2002. It is configured for an exchange and a pop3 account. The default account is the pop account. How do I make certain that the outgoing smtp that will be used to send Internet mail will be that of the pop3 account? The reason I ask is this. Sometimes email will get sent to the internet out through the exchange server. This is generally not a problem except sometimes mail gets returned. The is reason is this. My exchange server is behind a firewall. My internet Service provider provided me with a routable public IP address on my firewall. That address does...

Auto Increment Lookup codes
I am curious if there is a way to customize data entry so that lookup codes are randomly (and obivously uniquely) generated for us. It could be as simple as creating GUIDS or using the row ID for the lookup code. I could use a bit of guidance on how to customize data entry in such a way. ...

Sales Stage Code
In the SalesStageCode field there is the "OnChange" event which we understand provides the ability to add java script changing the probability field to a numeric value dependant upon the stage that has been selected. I am looking for code that will look at the SalesStageCode (eg, qualify, negotioate etc etc) and depending on the stage input a percentage number into the probability field. An example of this could be somthing like: If SalesStageCode = Qualify then Prospect = 10% I am not sure of the exact code. Does anyone know of this? Thanks, Nathan here is an example ==...

Outlook XP (2002) and envelope icon in right lower corner
Each time I receive new e-mail message an envelope shows in the right lower corener of my screen (notificataion of new e-mail). This is great! Well, the problem is that I am subscribed to a lot of mailing lists and this is somethimes anoying. Is there a way to turn off this notification for some folders (inside my root Inbox folder)? Tnx. :) That option (and enabled by default) has been added to Outlook 2003. You can do this with some code for previous versions of Outlook. http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/clearenvicon.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.co...

source code verification
hi. i want to verify that the source code of an application in execution is as per the source code being held by the management, that is, the original source code used to develop the application. can anyone tell me how should i go about doing this and if there are any tools available that i can use. thanks in advance build the source (with the same tools, etc) and compare the exe files? "dani" <danish_606@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1185388610.337215.12140@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > hi. > > i want to verify that the source code of an application in ...

Printing colored text
I have different colored text in different cells, however none of it is printing in color. All Text comes out black and white. I can however print fill colors. When I give my file to someone else to print it comes out fine. So I assume it is a setting on my specific computer or excel program. Please help. This is just a wild guess. Maybe it's not excel--maybe it's the printer driver. Can you reinstall it (or even get a fresh copy from the manufacturer's web site)? It really seems weird that the fill prints colors, but not the font. Tonda wrote: > > I have different colo...

I created .msg files for contacts from my old outlook program.
Now I can't import it into my new Outlook 2003 application. Can it be converted? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c4dc27d8-8ad2-4d19-ba83-f3e3833e8f11&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Printing Serial Numbers barcodes along with item code barcode
We use code 128a for or barcode format in-house. I've been trying to find a way within RMS's Label Designer, using an aftermarket code 128a font to add the serial number to the barcode label. I've been able to use the code 128a font for the serial number field, but that won't generate the necessary start code, checksum code and the stop code. So it's useless. My goal is to print the item code barcode and the serial number barcode on the same barcode label within the Label Designer. Does anyone know of a utility/add-in, etc. that will insert the correctly encoded ...

How do a preview a document in color?
I can only print preview in black and white! Maria wrote: > I can only print preview in black and white! Do you have a colour printer? Is it set as the active printer in this publication? Do you have Single Color selected under Tools > Commercial Print Tools > Color Printing? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Code needed to find records from bottom up
Hi, I have a database that is arranged in chronological order sorted by date in ascending order, I want to find records from bottom of the database up. More, if I need to find the next matching record, I want to find > next again from the bottom up that is one row up from the first found record. Can someone provide code to do that. Thanks Ps What I have been doing is to sort the database by date by decending order first then do a normal find. Are you doing the equivalent of Edit|Find in code? If you are, then there's a parameter in the .find command that tells excel which wa...

Outlook 2000 keeps running
Outlook 2000 will keep receiving emails after the program has been shut down. Task manager shows no procees for Outlook running and the system is spyware/virus free. What can cause this and how can it be fixed? I have tried reinstalling and repairing Office but that didnot work. ...

What's wrong with this code
I have the following block of code, i notice by using system task manager MEM Usage ,also using Process Explorer from SysInternals that: 1: CString strImage; 2: GdiplusStartup(&gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL); 3: SIZE sz; 4: sz.cx = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN); 5: sz.cy = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN); 6: HDC hdc = ::GetDC(::GetDesktopWindow()); 7: Graphics *g1 = new Graphics(hdc); 8: Image *image = new Bitmap(sz.cx,sz.cy,g1);// 9: Graphics *g2 = Graphics::FromImage(image); 10: delete image; before the line 8 the mem is (420616 KB) after call line 8 the mem be (...

Accessing CRM 4 in Outlook Environment over Internet
One of our clients is using Exchange 2007 and many users are accessing Outlook through RPC over HTTP. They are using CRM 4.0. They now want to access CRM in outlook environment over internet. Is that possible without VPN? Has anyone implemented CRM 4 in that kind of environment? Is there any document available? Will appreciate if someone could help. <badri1203@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d79ed213-a088-4aa7-adc5-d55bf2be1f9e@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Is that possible without VPN? Yes > Is there any document available? The implementation guide covers it, search for ...

How do I get started with Outlook?
I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? "LauraAshly" <LauraAshly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F311444-011A-4818-9252-1D35FE74CA08@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an > e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it > automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? When you say "I put in an e-mai...

problem in making perticuler color transparent on an imaged dialog
HI frnds, I used below 3 line code to make perticuler color transparent on an imaged dialog in OnInitDiaolog(). its working fine but it makes not to work "C" file, which is been added to the project. if i remove these 3line code C file works if i keep these 3line code it makes my C file nowork. /////////////////////////////////////// HWND hWnd=GetSafeHwnd(); SetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE) | WS_EX_LAYERED); SetLayeredWindowAttributes(hWnd,RGB(255,0,255),0,LWA_COLORKEY);//I have make pink color as transparent /////////////////////////// any ideas...

spot colors #2
A client send me a two color Publisher file that he said was converted to spot colors. When I open the PDF file and print, the colors are CYMK. I do not use Publisher. Are there any work-arounds? I am printing from Indesign. ...

Linking Outlook To Windows Live Hotmail
I have been trying to connect Outlook 2007 to my Windows Live account, but I have had no success. I'm beggining to think that it's not possible. Is there something that I'm missing? Thanks for reading. Incarnadine wrote: > I have been trying to connect Outlook 2007 to my Windows Live account, Windows Live is a suite of services. You don't mention which one. Might it be their Hotmail e-mail service? A Windows Live account is just your Live ID, not a particular service used by the Live ID. > but I have had no success. I'm beggining to think that it&...

Contacts deleted Exchange 2000
I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of one of the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by mistake deleted the contacts from his workstation so deleted from the conatct folder in the server too. So is there any solution to get it back again. This user use XP pro and outlook 2003 but the deleted Items folder is empty too. Thanks in advance. S.Sam wrote: > I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of > one of the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by > mistake deleted the contacts from his wor...

Outlook Syncronisation
Is it possible to restrict which accounts/contacts are syncronised to Outlook so that one sales person does not (and cannot) sync anothers. (ie, based on ownership or share permissions) A client of mine wants to prevent their sales force from having the whole data set for security reasons. Any help appreciated! Lindsay. The only contacts that will sync into Outlook it self will be the contacts the rep owns. The others will be in the MSDE data store, but not in Outlook. There is no way to really control this behaviour. If the rep can see a contact, then it will be in the MSDE datastore...

Outlook has error with e-mail accounts
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. Everything worked fine until yesterday. Now, even though I have 2 e-mail user accounts that I can see and modify in Outlook, I have no "Send" button, and if I select the "Accounts" button on a mail message, I get a message telling me that Outlook has encountered an error. So I can't send or receive anything. The send function is no longer on the toolbar or the menu. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office, and the problem is still there. Did you try to go to the view menu, Toolbar, Customise In the toolbar tab C...

A way to create sub-categories?