Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?  Is there a file
that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are
displayed in my outlook folder list?  I want to know for migration
reasons.  Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is
there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure
I do not lose any.  I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are
connected to as many as 15-20 I believe.  Thanks for any help
0
lawman_72 (1)

They are part of the profile and stored in the registry.  See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't recommend exporting the
key, it's better just to add them as they are used.

Mailboxes in the actual folder list are added to the profile, in a different
reg key.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Fact Finder" <lawman_72@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?  Is there a file
> that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are
> displayed in my outlook folder list?  I want to know for migration
> reasons.  Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is
> there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure
> I do not lose any.  I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are
> connected to as many as 15-20 I believe.  Thanks for any help

0
dianenws (1904)
11/2/2004 7:57:28 PM
Fact Finder <lawman_72@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?  Is there a file
> that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are
> displayed in my outlook folder list?

Each Personal Folders file that is displayed in your Folder List is a
separate file whose file type is ".pst".  These files can be copied to
another PC with Outlook or any version, except if its an Outlook 2003
Unicode PST, which can by opened only by another instance of Outlook 2003.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook Mailbox Rules Cause Deleted Email Attachments!!!!!
We are having a major issue as a result of installing the Exchange Router and creating the mailbox rules that forward a copy of the email message to the Microsoft CRM Router. Some interesting facts: * This problem did not start occurring until we installed the Exchange Router * We can consistently duplicate this problem with all of our CRM users, but there is not problem with other users in our organization who are not exchange users * I am a CRM user but I do not have the mailbox rules installed, and the problem is NOT occurring for me We had our infrastructure team do some more resear...

additional users
im new to Outlook and would like to know how to have an additional user added to the outlook with remaining separate i.e. separate out going email accounts etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks new Outlook wrote: > im new to Outlook and would like to know how to have an additional user added > to the outlook with remaining separate i.e. separate out going email accounts > etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks The best way is to set up a separate Windows User account. The second best way is to set up a second Outlook profile. Control Panel-Mail-Show Profiles-Add. -- ...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 5.5 Mailbox backup
I've got Vertias 8.6, Exchange 5.5 on an NT4.0 server with service pack 6a. The Exchange agent is installed and it backs up the information store just fine. I can't get Veritas to connect to the individual mailbox backup. Veritas keeps asking for the "unique Exchange Mailbox name that belongs to the Backup Exec service account". I put the name in the field (domain\backup) and I get a response that "Backup Exec could not attach to this Exchange Server". I reviewed the Veritas tech note 249456 that covers this issue, but still can't get it to connect. I calle...

OWA cannot authenticate mailboxes on second mailbox server
Hi At one site we have an exchange 2003 standard server as a frontend server in our dmz and an exchange 2003 enterprise mailbox server in the trusted network. OWA works fine for all uses and password change and forms authentication are configured. We have installed a second mailbox server in the same admin group. If i move a mailbox from the original mailbox server to the new mailbox server I am unable to logon to to the mailbox via OWA, the forms username/password page just continues to come back again and again, this happens from any of our OWA servers in different sites to this new...

Mailbox size limit
Does anyone know how long does it take for it to enforce? I increased the mailbox size limit for a user and he cannot send or receive email still get the warning message. I am going to assume Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 (and Active Directory). If I make a change it may take 2 hops (30 minutes in my case) to replicate from the support center until it reaches the client and the Exchange server. If everything is on the same link then it's usually pretty quick (~12 minutes I think). In some cases I have helped them determine their logon server (Set L @ the cmd prompt) and subsequen...

how to dis associate the account an online information is associated with
I was importing transactions from my bank. the import wizard came up asked me to selecdt a money account this online information should be associated with. I picked a wrong account. Now when I download a second time, the wizard does not come up and I do not see the option to pick the money account to associate. thanks a million for help In microsoft.public.money, mike wrote: >I was importing transactions from my bank. >the import wizard came up >asked me to selecdt a money account this online >information should be associated with. > >I picked a wrong account. > ...

mailbox statistics
we have an exchange2k3 server on a win2k3 AD single domain network. I am wanting to get mailbox statistics of one mailbox. What is the accepted method of doing this. I am aware of the exchange management pack but that requires the installation of the MOM agent on the exchange server. We have no need of MOM generally but just wondering if this agent will cause any issues if it's installed without mom. Also, i thought there was a command line executable that you could invoke that would do this in the past(it may have been with win2k..). I have also looked on the exchange2k3 res ...

View all emails in mailbox stores
Just a quick question, am I able to view all sent/received emails on the exchange server by viewing the users mailbox? or do I have to add it to outlook etc? Still trying to work out the best way of monitoring all sent/received emails by certain users, archiving them as suggested to an admin mailbox would appear to get a little messy as I cant select the individial mailboxs only the whole lot? Thanks in advance You have to add the mailbox to Outlook in order to view the mail. Look at this for journaling (keeping a copy of all email) for certain users: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml ...

outlook additional mailbox's files
i have computers in a domain inviroment. The local profiles corrupt out some times and need to be reinstalled. I am trying to determin where the the file that maps the shared mailbox's may be stored in a profile as so I may back it up. I would like to be able to do this so I can restore the shared mailbox's from the UNC path. Any assistance in regards to this would be appreciated OST files are linked to a particular profile. If you create a new profile, a new OST file must be created. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO...

Signature Fle Style Problem
(OL2003) I have created an outlook signature file in MS Word. It looks fine in Word. It looks fine in the Outlook Sig File editor. However, when I use it some of the text appears double spaced. If I select this text and look at Format > Style, "Normal" is checked. If I now click "Normal" the double spacing disappears. Look at Format > Style again and "Normal" is checked. Anyone know how to rectify this problem? Jeff ...

Additional Reports.
Does anyone know of anyone that has a package of add on reports for sale? We are looking for additional reports for sales managers. The upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 takes away a lot of reports. ...

Excel File Association hiccup
Since installing Windows XP SP2 I have partially lost the File Association between XLS and Excel 2002. When I double-click on an XLS file, Excel will open but with a completely blank window(not a blank workbook). I can then load the file with File Open. Other Office applications still work correctly, i.e. double-clicking on a DOC files opens Office with the file displayed. I checked Folder Options in Explorer, which still shows the correct association of XLS files with Excel. This is an annoyance rather than a major crisis, but any suggestions are welcome. Bill Sometimes one of ...

Adding contacts on additional computer
Have been using WLM for a couple of years now on main computer. Bought an additional laptop and have loaded WLM. (main computer has Win 7, new notebook has XP). Can add contacts on new notebook but when I exit WLM and relaunch, contacts have vanished. I suspect I must have to replicate the two but don't know how. -- Seamus Using a. same Live ID and to logon to Windows Live in WLM on both machines ? or b. Live ID signon on one and not the other ? or c. No Live ID signon on either ? Same version(latest) of WLM on each ? Do you have a copy of all contacts(from the ...

Associate One Contact with Multiple Accounts
Hello, Is it possible to link One Contact to multiple Accounts? I have created a N:N relationship and that did not work. I am unable to delete the system created 1:N and N:1 relationships. We have many instances where a single Contact belong to more than one Accounts. Any help is appreciated Stephanie Can't you just use default Custoemr Relationships? In my mind contact can work primaly only under account but have several customer relationships to another accounts. Define relationships under Settings - Business Management - Relationship Roles. br Jukka Majander "Stephani...

How can I delete a mailbox
I have a users mailbox but the account has been deleted already. I cannot attach this mailbox to another account and if I reinput this user and create a mailbox it will then have 2 mailbox accounts with the same name and when account and mailbox deleted it still leaves the original. How can I delete this maibox. reconnect and purge are greyed out. Using Exch 2k sp3 and win 2k sp3 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274343 Have you seen this? "Peter B" <peter.beach@edl.uk.eds.com> wrote in message news:468601c3e404$ed120890$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Stealing File Associations
Hi, I'm writing an application and I want to ensure that all mp3 files are opened by my application, when double clicked from Explorer. The RegisterShellFileTypes function call seems to register/associate file types only when i create a new extension. Existing associations are not overwritten by this function call. As in any PC, mp3 files are always registered to some media player. How can I steal the file association similar to what Winamp does? Is there a direct function call or should I modify registry directly? Thanks, Mugunth "Mugunth" <mugunth.kumar@gmail.com> wrot...

Confused associate
Can you make a design on the back of a business card with publishlisher On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:45:01 -0700, Associate <Associate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you make a design on the back of a business card with publishlisher Not aware of that name - are you in fact drunk.....? Sure, Insert, Page... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Associate" <Associate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C5691E9-BED0-452A-932D-4DBCB4F0E053@microsoft.com... > Can you make a design on the back of a business card with publishlisher ...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entiti
Hi all. I have a question about an additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entities. A user definition entity (object_type_code:10000) and made an OnLineHelpFile (test.htm) which supported. In addition, I add following two lines to help_toc.xml. <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form Help</page> <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form View Hel...

large database file size after new table addition
I have added a table to my database that is causing the database size to grow tremendously. There are a total of 807,000 records of zip codes along with corresponding latitude, longitude, city and state names. I have set Unicode Compression to YES by all text fields. What other settings or actions will help reduce database file size? On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:51:00 -0800, Susan wrote: > I have added a table to my database that is causing the database size to grow > tremendously. There are a total of 807,000 records of zip codes along with > corresponding latitude, longitude, ci...

excel file association DDE setting question
In order to edit Excel sheets in separate instances of Excel, I began messing with the Ignore Other Applications option. This seemed to kill my XLS file association in Windows - dbl clicking on an XLS file would open Excel with a "file not found" error. After some searching, I found the post below on editing the file association, which almost works. After following Randy's steps below, dbl clicking on an Excel file opens that file (and dbl-clicking on a 2nd opens it in a different instance of Excel which is what I want). The only problem is when I try to save the Excel file &quo...

associations
lately when I try to open a file in windows mail movie, picture, PowerPoint or any attachment. I get a message there is no association for this and to make one. I have went to control panel to set an association but they are already associated with the programs. Wonder what has happened. I have been able to open them if I save them but not from email. I have set the assoiations that way also but in windows mail when I try to open them I get a message "this does not have a program associated with it. Please set an association in control panel". Hal Pryor Please do not s...

Sync between Sent Items-mailbox when using OWA and Sent Items in P
Dear Sir In my office I use outlook connected to exchange server through a LAN, where I send and receive emails normally. I use Personal Folders so I find all received emails in Inbox and all sent emails in Sent Items of the personal folder. At weekend I close my outlook before I go home in order to keep all my received emails in the mail box of the server, I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) connected to the exchange server through the internet where I send and receive email normally and I find all the received emails in the Inbox and all the sent emails in the Sent Items of the...

Impossible to delete non-associated mailbox
Hi, I have an Exchange mailbox not associated to any AD user and I can't delete it. It is not marked with the X so the purge option in the context menu is disabled. How can I delete it? Thanks in advance -- Faustino Dina -------------------------------------------------------- If my email address starts with two 'f' drop the first 'f' when mailing me. Hello Faustino: Try this for Exchange 2003: Right click the Mailbox folder under the mailbox store and then select Run Cleanup Agent. You should then see the red X. Regards, Martin MCSA: M "faustino Dina" &...