Is it possible to leave Outlook Express running in background?

Hi

Is it possible to leave outlook express running in the background without it
appearing in the task bar? (Rather more like in the Notifcations area like
MSN Messenger when you hit the (X) to "close" it).

It really would be nicer if Outlook Express would not close but also not
take up the Taskbar space.

thanks

StupidCranium wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to leave outlook express running in the background
> without it appearing in the task bar? (Rather more like in the
> Notifcations area like MSN Messenger when you hit the (X) to "close"
> it).
>
> It really would be nicer if Outlook Express would not close but also
> not take up the Taskbar space.
>
> thanks

Don't know - don't think so, but the OE experts might.
This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services Community Newsgroups  web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

0
lanwench (7567)
12/13/2004 11:29:41 PM
Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, StupidCranium asked:

| Hi
|
| Is it possible to leave outlook express running in the background
| without it appearing in the task bar? (Rather more like in the
| Notifcations area like MSN Messenger when you hit the (X) to "close"
| it).
|
| It really would be nicer if Outlook Express would not close but also
| not take up the Taskbar space.
|
| thanks

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
12/13/2004 11:42:02 PM
StupidCranium <StupidCranium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to leave outlook express running in the background
> without it appearing in the task bar? (Rather more like in the
> Notifcations area like MSN Messenger when you hit the (X) to "close"
> it).

It is with a third-party tool, but ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Is it possible

How do I delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook?
I use Outlook 2002 (SP3) that came with Windows Mobile 2003 running on a Vista Home Premium box. Is there a way to delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook at once? It would be almost ippossibe to delete every appointment/calendar item one by one. When I have to delete and recreate a partnership to my pocket pc I have double of every appointment. If I can delete all appointments/calendar items in outlook 2002 I can quickly/easily reestablish all the correct appointments/calendar items from a backup. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook 2002. After completel...

Inventory posting for new year before running year end?
Hello, What happens if we post inventory transactions for new year without performing year end for 2008? Thanks, MS When you close inventory for 2008, beginning quantities are updated. If you've posted 2009 transactions, they will be included in the 2008 beginning quantity. There are a handful of inventory reports that use the Beginning Qty field, such as the Inventory Turns report. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks Frank... Did you mean to say the posted transaction will be incu...

I want gmail to open automatically in Outlook 2003
I have XP Home Edition. Gmail is my only email account in Outlook 2003, and I would like to rig things so that the inbox of gmail comes up automatically upon starting Outlook. Can I do this? Sure. tools, options, other tab, advanced options - start up in this folder option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Outlook Client Problem
i had installed outlook client to a user that was local administrator. when the user is no longer a local administrator the "outlook client add in" is disabled. does the user have to be a local administrator? ...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

shortcut to locations outside of Outlook
Following did not occur in migration. How do you create shortcut to location outside of Outlook ? • Any shortcuts that you previously added to the Outlook Bar for files or locations outside of Outlook, such as Microsoft Word files or Web sites, are automatically migrated to the Shortcuts pane in the Navigation Pane. Shortcuts to Outlook folders will also be automatically migrated to the corresponding pane. For example, a calendar shortcut will be added to the Calendar pane. Public folder shortcuts now display in the Favorites folder under Public Folders in the Folder List pane. myer...

outlook mail logging
I have turned on "Enable Mail Logging" in my outlook2002. But I only got the below entry in my opmlog.log file: 2003.10.14 18:24:03 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2003.10.14 18:24:03 Resource manager terminated What do i need to configure further to see more detail log of outlook communication? Thanks Vic ...

How do I set up Microsoft Outlook?
I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. Thanks! http://postmaster.info.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html "hc24fan" <hc24fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A184A2EC-2FF2-4C99-89B8-96E6F49AD85C@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. > When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! > > You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. > > Th...

Personal Folders in OWA

Outlook XP Not Delivering to Inbox
We have set up several machines with Windows XP (SP1) and Office XP (SP3), Outlook connects to our own Exchange Server but several people are experiencing the same problem where Emails have been sent to them but the Inbox folder doesn't go bold or indicate any unread items, only when the user clicks on any folder does Outlook seem to refresh itself. This is causing a problem because we have users who just leave email open and expect the Inbox to be highlighted if there are new messages. Also items seem to be only sent once a folder has been clicked. Any help greatly appreciate...

outlook 2000 over vpn
I have a user who is connecting to outlook over a vpn connection to our exchange 5.5 server. He is having problems while receiving microsoft excel attachments. Once he tries to open the attachment his outlook client crashes. The attachment is approx 1.5mb in size. Is the size a problem, or is it something else that could be causing the problem? Make sure you have all of the latest patches/updates on the exchange server, and also make sure the user has all of the latest updates for Microsoft Office. My users connect through a Win2k VPN and use Outlook to connect to Exchange 2000 Serv...

Outlook inbox empty
I have a laptop using MS Exchange in our office. I set up a profile to allow the laptop to be used outside the office. When I logged in to the server using the network login profile, all Outlook data was there except the inbox which had become empty. I cannot find any trace of the mails it contained on any of the folders on the laptop. Any ideas on where the inbox contents might be located appreciated! Any views or filters applied "Shea ullen" <shea@cullensolicitors.ie> wrote in message news:031f01c36030$cc8598b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a laptop using MS Excha...

Leave Blank if No Value
Hi I am trying to use the below formual =IF(B17="","",B6:B17) But it is only giving me the value in B17 rather that the total from B6 to B17. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong many thanks On Jan 28, 5:40=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to use the below formual > > =3DIF(B17=3D"","",B6:B17) > > But it is only giving me the value in B17 rather that the total from > B6 to B17. > > Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong > > many thanks ...

Visual Basic Error triggered by Outlook.
A friend has the following message come up whenever he rplies or forwards and email. MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC Compile error in hidden module: Auto Exec Does anyone know what this is and how toi fix it? Thanks Mekon That means that they are using Word as the Outlook editor and there's some macro that executes when Word starts up that is improperly written. Use Windows Explorer to find and delete a file named Normal.dot and see if that fixes it. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Mana...

Outlook 2003, IMAP and Inbox
Hi I installed Outlook 2003 and am using an IMAP server. I set up my IMAP server to download ALL folders including attachments. It downloads ALL-1 folders. The Inbox folder seems to be the problem. All headers are downloaded, but when I am using Outlook offline, I can't open the items in the Inbox. The option 'Use this folder offline' is checked and Inbox is set to 'Download All items including attachments' in the Send/Receive Groups. What's the problem here? Thanks in advance, F.E. van Wieringen news2004 AT van-wieringen.nl >>> replace AT with @ and remov...

Start screen in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6DE70.E1497930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am new to Outlook, and this is probably very easy, so... I want to open and work with Outlook so that I can see contacts, = calendar and email at the same time on separate windows. How do I do = that? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6DE70.E1497930 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4...

Picture in Outlook 2003 Email also sent as an attachment
Hi, i am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. Word 2003 is my email editor. HTML is my format. When I insert a picture in the body of an email, the picture is seen in the sent email but the sent email also includes an attachment file for the picture. How do I stop Outlook from attaching this picture file? Thanks! ...

Outlook runs slow
After downloading and installing an optional backup add-in from the microsoft website, i have noticed that outlook runs very slow now. Whenever i recieve new emails, there is a long delay when i select it to when the email actually appears. As well as when i delete it or adjust them in any way. This has caused me to delete wrong emails because i can't tell which one is selected because the delay in highlighting and bringing up the current email. Anyon have any idea why this is happening? Thanks for any help, Adam If you have Outlook 2002, try going to Tools -> Options -> Other...

Unable to set up Outlook 2002
Outlook is not listed as a program in the Internet Explorer Options. If I select used Outlook as default I still receive the error. I think that I need to set my internet options e-mail program to Outlook which is not listed as a choice. Does anybody know how to fix this?? Thank you ...

Outlook 2003 with BCM
Our tech department had ran a beta of office outlook 2003 with business contact manager (a part of the MSDN download). We have backed up our business contacts through the BCM export that made a *.msbcm file. My question is, what does it take to import that data back into BCM as the import tool with outlook 2003 wants a *.bcm and will not accept the *.msbcm. Changing the extension does not help either. Thanks in advanced! ...

winmail.dat between Outlook Clients
We have been experiencing users within our exchange organization forwarding attachments to each other being converted to winmail.dat. These emails do not use the IMC on our exchange 2003 server, and are either Outlook 2003 Basic or Pro. Not all documents get converted to winmail.dat and forward correctly - some are .DOC and some are .PDF (what they mostly send to each other). One common denominator is that it seems to be "forwarded" messages containing original attachments (however, not all forwarded messages with attachments will be received as winmail.dat). Anyone experience t...