Is it possible to have different send/receive patterns at different times?

Basically, here's what I want to happen.
>From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with
Send/Receive.  At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops,
and I can check my e-mail through our web interface.  The simple
approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that.  So
is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in?

0
jmeyer (6)

Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote:

> Basically, here's what I want to happen.
>> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with
> Send/Receive.  At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops,
> and I can check my e-mail through our web interface.  The simple
> approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that.
> So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in?

There's no way I know to do what you wish.
--
Brian Tillman
0
Brian Tillman wrote:
> Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote:
>
> > Basically, here's what I want to happen.
> >> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with
> > Send/Receive.  At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops,
> > and I can check my e-mail through our web interface.  The simple
> > approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that.
> > So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in?

Using 3rd party software, such as Sygate, you could schedule your PC so
that it has access to  your mail server from 8-5 and then block it's
access after 5;
http://www.firewalling.com/personalfirewalls/sygatepersonalfirewallpro.htm

You could locate "kill" and schedule a task to run %windir%\tasks   to
"kill outlook".

Of course, I can leave my e-mail client running at work and still check
it at home.  My e-mail clients only check e-mail every 30 mins and they
release the POP3 connection which allows me to do this.

Calculate elasped time
I need a formula that will calulate the amount of elapsed time. I'm tracking the amount of time the project took from one department to the next. For example... Job 1234 went in department A on 4/22/05 at 3:30 p.m. and left the department on 4/25/05 at noon. We work eight hour days (8am to 5pm) so the project was in department A for 5.5 hours. How do I subtract out the non-working hours? I've tried the networkdays and holidays functions, but they don't work. Working from 8 to 5 pm actually means 9 hours of actual work and not 8 as mentioned by you below Assuming that this i...

send and receive 12-06-09
I just installed Windows 7 and windows Live Mail. What happened to my send and receive button. Me and my wife have our own folder. I've always had to click on the button to enter my password to download her or my e-mail. Send/Rec = Sync "Rick" <rickluc@urhere.net> wrote in message news:#2zFhjrdKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I just installed Windows 7 and windows Live Mail. What happened to my send > and receive button. Me and my wife have our own folder. I've always had to > click on the button to enter my password to download her or my...

Is it possible

Files opening with different file names
Good afternoon/morning. Having a strange issue with Excel at present. If a file is sitting on my desktop, called invoices.xls, I click on it to open, and it opens as invoices1 The same happens if I 'explore' to the file. However, if I open excel and then click 'file''open' then click on the file, it opens as invoices.xls. When trying to save invoices1 it will save as invoices1.xls, then if I open this it will open it as invoices11 I'm running Windows 2000 with Excel 2000. Any help/guesswork would be appreciated! It sounds like the default behavior when you ...

processor time allocation
My app routinely only gets 10 to 30 % of CPU time - the system idle process gets the rest (indicated by windows task manager) My app is multithreaded and has one thread that requires lots of CPU time at 20 Hz intervals. I sleep this thread for an amount of time that would put it at the next 20 Hz interval. My other threads sleep when they are not busy. My 20 Hz thread does not recieve the processor time that it needs - even though the system idle process is taking up 70 to 90 % of the CPU time. If I remove the sleep call from my 20 Hz thread then it hogs all of the CPU time and the s...

Personal Folders in OWA

option "send picture with messages"
Hi ... where can i find the "send picture with messages" option in MS Oulook 2007 ? in Outlook Express you can find this option send picture with messages" in Tools -> Option -> Send -> HTML Settings -> send picture with messages option .... BUT in Oulook 2007 i couldn't find it .. so canyou please where can find it .. Thank You That is a registry only option now. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/72 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

Outlook 2003 "none" in the received column
I was reading through a couple of posts about this but they all say this is caused by importing messages from outlook express. We do not use outlook express at all in our environment. Could there be another cause to this? I believe this is caused by one of the recent updates to Outlook, Outlook Express, and/or Internet Explorer. This problem is similar to one a client is having with .EML drafts stored on his desktop -- where the "To" field used to be blank (allowing entry of an address), it now says "none" in that field (and does not allow changes). I wish I could ...

emailed pictures received as attachments
Hi I have outlook 2003. When i receive an email with photos inside, they come as attachments. I have changed the security to allow pictures, but still this happens. Any ideas thanks Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In...

Linking different spreadsheets
Hi all, I have several seperate spreadsheets all in the same format and I was wondering if it would be possible to create another to total up the contents of the current lot. Is this possible? It has to be a seperate spreadsheet to avoid unnecessary complication for other staff. Thanks Ian This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/consol.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm The "Bread-Roll" consolidation method - great for accountants. See how simple it is to consolidate...

Sending Attachments to multiple recipients
Hi, back again. Q1. Any advice how to include more that one recipient when sending attachments from excel? Q2. Also, I am aware that (Copy to:) and (Body Text) is not possible in Outlook. I am however, using Eurora and was wondering, perhaps there was a way to perform this. The code I've used is: With Workbooks("dreams.xls") .SendMail Recipients:="that.man@somewhere.com", Subject:="Dreamer" End With Many thanks in advance Prabha try just adding a comma and put the next one in. OR, if you have a group set up in your address book, try sending to...

sending messages
I can not send messages using windows mail. Keep asking me for my username and password I enter both and NOTHING just keep popping up to verify my username and password??? When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click Cancel, which should then produce an error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail: If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likel...

Grouping by Time
Hi Everyone, SQL Server table 1 - user, product, date/time Desired Access ouput - User, product, Count(for one hour), date, hour_widget_was_made(09:00:00 or 10:00:00 etc) I need to extract from SQL Server and create summary entries in Access that show how many widgets a user made in any given hour. Doing a nightly pull of yesterday's production, I can't see how to create hourly summary entries without running 24 seperate queries. Can anyone help, please. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance. Pat. hi Pat, Pat Backowski wrote: > Doing a nightly pull of yesterday'...

Cannot receive emails from ANYONE
What is going on? I'm trying to help with the Haiti relief efforts but cannot get ANY message to come thru my Hotmail acct since before 7am CST ... what's going on?!?!?!?!?!? THIS IS AN EMERGENCY im not recieving any either its a joke!!! i have work coming through they wana sort this out it happend from last night n today have not recieved one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hotmail account issues should be posted here: =20 http://windowslivehelp.com --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "coolsarah&...

send as #2
In Outlook XP how do one send an e-mail as someone else. I remember in Outlook 2000 you create a new e-mail and under view tab you select from...done How do you do it in XP??? Thanks When youar writing an e-mail, chose Account from the ToolBar and choose the one you want to send from. Travis "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026101c3ad5f$978eea90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook XP how do one send an e-mail as someone else. > I remember in Outlook 2000 you create a new e-mail and > under view tab you select from...done > >...

pop server send Receive TIME OUt error
While using my pop email accout, I am getting a Send Receive time out error. I have increased the Sever time out slide bar all the way to the max setting of 10 minutes but it has no helped. Any Idea? make sure your other email settings are entered correctly, it could be that the serverwere you get you emails in down ----- donnie@confettiantiques.com wrote: ----- While using my pop email accout, I am getting a Send Receive time out error. I have increased the Sever time out slide bar all the way to the max setting of 10 minutes but it has no help...

CSocket Receive() problem
hi! i have derived CMySocket from CSocket. I want to use it to get a html file or any file from the web. it seems that the socket is creating, connecting and sending correct ( 54bytes). but when i want to receive the answere from the host the receive command is blocking and the system is hanging. class CMySocket : public CSocket { // Attributes public: // Operations public: CMySocket(CFileStructureToHtmlDlg*); virtual ~CMySocket(); // Overrides public: // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides //{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMySocket) public: virtual void OnReceive(int nErrorCode); virtu...

Cannot send POP3 mail...
Have setup up users with POP3 email accounts in Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2003. Users can login to Exchange 2003 server with an internet connection and read email. Pop3 users can send email to recipients on local domain network, where pop user has domain account. Problem is when the Pop user logs in on over internet and attempts to send email to an external recipient. An error message comes back to pop user that recipient was rejected by SMTP server, with 0x800CCC79 as the hex id. Done a lot of research and have seen that firewall and ISP email filtering usually generate that par...

Too many different cell formats #9
Dear All I have a quite big excel and i am trying to make some changes in format and i receive the message "Too many different cell format" Probably i have many different cell formats. From where i can set up the format in order to know what must be the format of the excel file? I need away to identify the format from all sheets in order to give to the all sheets as common format as i can. Any ideas? Hi Manos, Some notes on "Too many different cell formats" see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm#formats In the MS KB article it mentions using bord...

Finding data among different excel file
My problem is, I have different xls files. e.g. 001.xls, 002.xls, 003.xls and so on. I know that among these files, there is one information the cell A1 is 17, what I want to do is to find out which xls file's cell A1 contains the data 17. How can I do this? Any help would be appreciated. assumed you have 10 excel files, if you have more than that, change a =3D 1 to desired number .. Run this macro. Sub finder() For a =3D 1 To 10 On Error GoTo Err: Workbooks.Open ("00" & a & ".xls") For x =3D 1 To Worksheets.Count Worksheets(x).Select If Range("a1"...

Is ANR on Exchange 2003/AD different from Exchange 5.5
In Exchange 5.5 I could type oneil and would resolve to the user: O'Neil, Mary (alias:moneil, smtp:moneil@abc.com,). In Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003 this no longer works. I understand that from KB 831124 that the following attributes are indexed by ANR: • displayName • mail • givenName • legacyExchangeDN • mailNickname • physicalDeliveryOfficeName • proxyAddresses • name • sAMAccountName • sn Does this mean that AND does not resolve *oneil*? If not, can it be configured to? On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 06:51:01 -0700, Adoyt <Adoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exc...

difference between send-as rights vs send on behalf
Exchange 2007 sp2 What is the difference between granting send on behalf of vs granting send-as permission? The two rights seem to allow for the same thing. Here is my situation userB has been granted full mailbox rights on mailboxA, userB has also been granted "send on behalf of" rights on mailboxA. UserB can open mailboxA and can send emails as mailboxA, but the sent email doesn't say it was "sent on behalf of mailboxA" the sent email just looks like mailboxA sent the email. If I run the command get-adpermission mailboxA -user userB the output ...