Is it possible to change the RE: in the subject line when reply in Outlook

I wonder if it is possible to get Outlook 2003 to set another text in front
of the subject line when answering a mail.

I know that in e.g. the danish version it is SV: that preseeds the subject.

I have not been able to find anywhere in Outlook to change that.

Svend Nielsen

I think that's built-in and not changeable.

"Svend" <sni-n-o-s-pa-mi@np-sp-am-cubic.dk> wrote in message
> I wonder if it is possible to get Outlook 2003 to set another text in
> front of the subject line when answering a mail.
>
> I know that in e.g. the danish version it is SV: that preseeds the
> subject.
>
> I have not been able to find anywhere in Outlook to change that.

0
vince8328 (2733)
2/4/2009 9:39:57 AM
You might be able to edit the message form. I don't recall if it will stick
though, since you typically can't change the default mail form for the
inbox.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Svend" <sni-n-o-s-pa-mi@np-sp-am-cubic.dk> wrote in message
> I wonder if it is possible to get Outlook 2003 to set another text in
> front of the subject line when answering a mail.
>
> I know that in e.g. the danish version it is SV: that preseeds the
> subject.
>
> I have not been able to find anywhere in Outlook to change that.
>
> Svend Nielsen

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/4/2009 2:33:40 PM
Like I did here. Hopefully I did not misunderstand your question

--
Peter

"Svend" <sni-n-o-s-pa-mi@np-sp-am-cubic.dk> wrote in message
>I wonder if it is possible to get Outlook 2003 to set another text in front of the
>subject line when answering a mail.
>
> I know that in e.g. the danish version it is SV: that preseeds the subject.
>
> I have not been able to find anywhere in Outlook to change that.
>
> Svend Nielsen

0
okf122 (42)
2/4/2009 9:10:59 PM
I guess I have to live with that "problem" unfurtunately.

Svend

"Svend" <sni-n-o-s-pa-mi@np-sp-am-cubic.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
>I wonder if it is possible to get Outlook 2003 to set another text in front
>of the subject line when answering a mail.
>
> I know that in e.g. the danish version it is SV: that preseeds the
> subject.
>
> I have not been able to find anywhere in Outlook to change that.
>
> Svend Nielsen

I want gmail to open automatically in Outlook 2003
I have XP Home Edition. Gmail is my only email account in Outlook 2003, and I would like to rig things so that the inbox of gmail comes up automatically upon starting Outlook. Can I do this? Sure. tools, options, other tab, advanced options - start up in this folder option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

Outlook Client Problem
i had installed outlook client to a user that was local administrator. when the user is no longer a local administrator the "outlook client add in" is disabled. does the user have to be a local administrator? ...

Is it possible

Print Preview
When I close the print preview my CMainFrame window title is not restored to the contents prior to clicking Print Preview. If I exit print preview using Print instead of Close I see that the title is changed and the print dialog box appears. After completing the print the CMainFrame window title is restored properly. I tried restoring the title in OnEndPrinting () but it had not effect. Any idea where the title is being changed. Thanks, Neil PS: the content that of the incorrect title is the default title which I had overridden. Did you try overriding SetTitle() in mainframe? http...

How do I delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook?
I use Outlook 2002 (SP3) that came with Windows Mobile 2003 running on a Vista Home Premium box. Is there a way to delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook at once? It would be almost ippossibe to delete every appointment/calendar item one by one. When I have to delete and recreate a partnership to my pocket pc I have double of every appointment. If I can delete all appointments/calendar items in outlook 2002 I can quickly/easily reestablish all the correct appointments/calendar items from a backup. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook 2002. After completel...

shortcut to locations outside of Outlook
Following did not occur in migration. How do you create shortcut to location outside of Outlook ? • Any shortcuts that you previously added to the Outlook Bar for files or locations outside of Outlook, such as Microsoft Word files or Web sites, are automatically migrated to the Shortcuts pane in the Navigation Pane. Shortcuts to Outlook folders will also be automatically migrated to the corresponding pane. For example, a calendar shortcut will be added to the Calendar pane. Public folder shortcuts now display in the Favorites folder under Public Folders in the Folder List pane. myer...

Change dflt Journ Entry from PHONE to TASK?
I use journal heavily - but not for recording phone calls, for recording time spent on tasks and other details about them. Each newly-created journal entry defaults to entrytype "Phone". How can I change this to default to entrytype "Task"? Thanks.. ....Allen Kitchen / akitchen@diskriter.com You can change the name of that entry, but I don't believe you can change the fact Outlook uses it as the default for new Journal items. You can read more info here: http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/exo_pro/10min/10min0999.asp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Micr...

Can I program Excel cells to change colour at a set date?
I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 Use a conditional format. For instane you might format as yellow, then set a conditional format based on the formula =TODAY()>=datecell to apply the green color. Jerry sunflowermurray wrote: > I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained > within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 ...

Personal Folders in OWA

How do I set up Microsoft Outlook?
I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. Thanks! http://postmaster.info.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html "hc24fan" <hc24fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A184A2EC-2FF2-4C99-89B8-96E6F49AD85C@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. > When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! > > You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. > > Th...

outlook mail logging
I have turned on "Enable Mail Logging" in my outlook2002. But I only got the below entry in my opmlog.log file: 2003.10.14 18:24:03 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2003.10.14 18:24:03 Resource manager terminated What do i need to configure further to see more detail log of outlook communication? Thanks Vic ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Outlook runs slow
After downloading and installing an optional backup add-in from the microsoft website, i have noticed that outlook runs very slow now. Whenever i recieve new emails, there is a long delay when i select it to when the email actually appears. As well as when i delete it or adjust them in any way. This has caused me to delete wrong emails because i can't tell which one is selected because the delay in highlighting and bringing up the current email. Anyon have any idea why this is happening? Thanks for any help, Adam If you have Outlook 2002, try going to Tools -> Options -> Other...

RE: linking Contact to Opportunities...
we are trying to solve an issue where we need to track a Contact's "role" to an opportunity...a contact can be associated to more than one opportunity so defining the role at the Contact level wont make sense and it seems that we can't customize the ContactOpportunity object (which links contacts to opportunities) ; does anyone know whether this will be customizable in v2-0? if not is there any way to customize the ContactOpportunity object? thanks! Sunish I know for a fact the CRM 2005 will offer more support across the board for customizing entities and relations...

Formula referencing a changing range??
I have a workbook that has several tabs. I'm only working with 2 for the problem that I'm having though. The first tab, which holds all my data, is called Marketing Letters. The 2nd tab is called Status. On the Status tab, I have a cell (A5) which looks to another cell (A1) on the same tab, then returns matching values (in multiple rows) from the Marketing Letters tab. Here is my formula: =INDEX('Marketing Letters'!$B$1:$V$300,SMALL(IF('Marketing Letters'!$B$1:$B$300=$A$1,ROW('Marketing Letters'!$B$1:$B$300)),ROW(1:1)),2) This works great...

Radar Charting problems, Can I change...
Hi people I have 2 queries relating to Radar charts in Excel (Office XP/2002). Can I change the angle/start position of the first plotted point? I always starts at 12 o'clock but I want it to start at 9 o'clock. I ca re-order the data to achieve this effect but the data, to the viewer is not in a logical sequence if I do that. Then also, can I change the direction of the plotting from clockwise t anti-clockwise? Thanks in advance. Stell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Stella - You can't do these things (unless someone smarter than me knows how), but you c...

Reply address
I have a client with Exchange 2003. Although all users (Outlook) have their own mailboxes (user@company.com), all email is handled through generic company distribution lists (accounts@company.com), which ensures that more than one user receives each email. If users send out email, the default reply address needs to be set to the address of the distribution list. This needs to be done automatically, and not by using the options for each mail message. Can this be done, and if so, HOW? See if you can find something useful at http://www.ivasoft.biz/ http://www.slipstick.com/ Peter Downes wro...

Re: help!!!
That should have been =IF(COUNTIF(A1:$A$1,A1)>1,"Y","") -- HTH Bob Phillips "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:... > In B1 > > =IF(COUNT(A1:$A$1,A1)>1,"I","") > > and copy down over all rows. > > It highlights 2nd, 3rd, etc occurrence of a value. > > -- > > HTH > > Bob Phillips > > "useratloser" <useratloser.sw28a@excelforum.com> wrote in message > news:useratloser.sw28a@excelforum.com... > > i'm new to excel and i have a c...

Changing Content of mapped Fields
Hello, is there a way to change the content of mapped fields? I have got an custom entitie which is mpped with company and offer. If I creat my entitie from "company" the mapped field (companynumber) is set its value as it should be, in my costom entitie field "customernumber". Creating a new record from my custom entitie and select via mapped lookup field a company the mapped entitie field remains blank. Also having an other field mapped to an entitie. By changing data in the source field the mapped field won't change (update) either. How could the solution loo...

re-install
I have recently uninstall and remove an E2K3 from my organizational site due to server hardware issue. We have one domain running w2k with AD in native mode and an e2k which is the first exchange server in the organization. During the initial E2K3 installation, I ran adprep / forestprep and domainprep from the W2K3 CD on our single domain. When I installed the first E2K3 in the domain, I also ran setup /forestprep and domainprep from the E2K3 CD. Now that I successfully removed the E2k3 from the domain and the exchange organization, I need to re-install the E2K3 on the same server t...

Outlook XP Not Delivering to Inbox
We have set up several machines with Windows XP (SP1) and Office XP (SP3), Outlook connects to our own Exchange Server but several people are experiencing the same problem where Emails have been sent to them but the Inbox folder doesn't go bold or indicate any unread items, only when the user clicks on any folder does Outlook seem to refresh itself. This is causing a problem because we have users who just leave email open and expect the Inbox to be highlighted if there are new messages. Also items seem to be only sent once a folder has been clicked. Any help greatly appreciate...

Excel2000 keeps asking me to save when no changes were made
Excel2000 keeps asking me to save when no changes were made. This only happens on a few workbooks and has only been hapening the past 4 months. As time goes on it is happening more frequently. Ran Norton Anti-Virus, no viruses detected. Ran Spyware software, no problems there either. Have you got any of the following volatile functions in your workbook, as the existence of any of these will cause that message, because that function is recalculated every time you open the workbook, and as far as Excel is concerned that is a change. Most common one I would suggest is the TODAY() function. ...