Invitation automatically goes to deleted items folder

Outlook 2003
When scheduling a meeting the user sends a meeting request to a
distribution group.  The user is a member of the distribution group.
She claims that in the past she would receive a copy if the meeting
request in her inbox. Currently the request shows up in her deleted
items forlder.
There are no rules set.  She does not have auto accept set in
tools>options>preferences>Calendar options>resource scheduling.
This appears to be default behavior as I have tested om my machine as
well.
Any thoughts?

Thanks

wretchedalan
rick

Rick <wretchedalan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Outlook 2003
> When scheduling a meeting the user sends a meeting request to a
> distribution group.  The user is a member of the distribution group.
> She claims that in the past she would receive a copy if the meeting
> request in her inbox. Currently the request shows up in her deleted
> items forlder.
> There are no rules set.  She does not have auto accept set in
> tools>options>preferences>Calendar options>resource scheduling.
> This appears to be default behavior as I have tested om my machine as
> well.
> Any thoughts?

Does she have any add-ins?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0
On May 30, 6:48=A0am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Rick <wretcheda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Outlook 2003
> > When scheduling a meeting the user sends a meeting request to a
> > distribution group. =A0The user is a member of the distribution group.
> > She claims that in the past she would receive a copy if the meeting
> > request in her inbox. Currently the request shows up in her deleted
> > items forlder.
> > There are no rules set. =A0She does not have auto accept set in
> > tools>options>preferences>Calendar options>resource scheduling.
> > This appears to be default behavior as I have tested om my machine as
> > well.
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Does she have any add-ins?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

No addins
In Outlook, Tools->options->email options->tracking options.  The box =
for "delete blank blah, blah, blah after processing"  is most likely =
checked.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Rick asked:

| Outlook 2003
| When scheduling a meeting the user sends a meeting request to a
| distribution group.  The user is a member of the distribution group.
| She claims that in the past she would receive a copy if the meeting
| request in her inbox. Currently the request shows up in her deleted
| items forlder.
| There are no rules set.  She does not have auto accept set in
| tools>options>preferences>Calendar options>resource scheduling.
| This appears to be default behavior as I have tested om my machine as
| well.
| Any thoughts?
|=20
| Thanks
|=20
| wretchedalan
| rick
0
Milly
5/30/2008 6:21:59 PM
Rat's, this one looked like a great possibility but the "blah blah
blah' box is not checked.

rick

On May 30, 1:21=A0pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote:
> In Outlook, Tools->options->email options->tracking options. =A0The box fo=
r "delete blank blah, blah, blah after processing" =A0is most likely checked=
..

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. =A0All
> reading. =A0
>
> After furious head scratching, Rick asked:
>
> | Outlook 2003
> | When scheduling a meeting the user sends a meeting request to a
> | distribution group. =A0The user is a member of the distribution group.
> | She claims that in the past she would receive a copy if the meeting
> | request in her inbox. Currently the request shows up in her deleted
> | items forlder.
> | There are no rules set. =A0She does not have auto accept set in
> | tools>options>preferences>Calendar options>resource scheduling.
> | This appears to be default behavior as I have tested om my machine as
> | well.
> | Any thoughts?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | wretchedalan
> | rick

Has anyone found an answer to this problem yet?

"Rick" wrote:

> Rat's, this one looked like a great possibility but the "blah blah
> blah' box is not checked.
>
> rick
>
> On May 30, 1:21 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote:
> > In Outlook, Tools->options->email options->tracking options.  The box for "delete blank blah, blah, blah after processing"  is most likely checked..
> >
> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> > unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> > reading.
> >
> > After furious head scratching, Rick asked:
> >
> > | Outlook 2003
> > | When scheduling a meeting the user sends a meeting request to a
> > | distribution group.  The user is a member of the distribution group.
> > | She claims that in the past she would receive a copy if the meeting
> > | request in her inbox. Currently the request shows up in her deleted
> > | items forlder.
> > | There are no rules set.  She does not have auto accept set in
> > | tools>options>preferences>Calendar options>resource scheduling.
> > | This appears to be default behavior as I have tested om my machine as
> > | well.
> > | Any thoughts?
> > |
> > | Thanks
> > |
> > | wretchedalan
> > | rick

0
K.Albitz (1)

Deleting a half sent message
Sorry, forgot to say that I have Outlook 2003:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

automatically naming files for savingb

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

Cells Fill Automatically on Another Workbook
I've created what we'll call a seed worksheet to be used over and over for different clients. I have linked its cells to another workbook. As the originating seed worksheet directs its cell data to a specific cell on another workbook, how can I accomplish the workbook data not being overwritten but the new incoming data default to the next unused cell in the column? i.e. If the original seed worksheet cell B1 links to the worksheet cell A1, I would like the next instance of creating a new customer and his B1 information on his use of the seed worksheet to populate onto th...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

Count Unique Items with Multiple Criteria
I am trying to get a list of how many lots a particular car model is on. For example, say we have a spreadsheet that looks like: Model License Lot Ford xjd-394 1 Chevy gwg-394 2 Ford sdf-333 1 Ford lkj-111 3 Toyota skd-333 4 Toyota shk-584 4 I am loking for a way to get data that says how many unique lots each car is on, so for example: Ford: 2 Chevy: 1 Toyota: 1 I was trying to do this with Pivot tables and the count functionality, but it isn't quite getting me the results I want. I can get the results with a pivot table ...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Site-specific config items
I've got an ASP.NET 3.5 website on a shared-hosting server, and of course my own development copy. Data is in a SQL Server database. I've looked at some of the strategies available to configure the connections string appropriately for each site without accidentally overwriting one with the other. One of them, to define the data connection string in machine.config, is unavailable to me on the production website, but I was thinking about doing it this way: Suppose my site is as follows Root --App1 --App2 I have two ASP.NET applications, and I don't have anything d...

red recovery drive folder
So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D: drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my computer properl...

Automatic Number Sequence
I would like to make a form in excel that automatically generates a number of the form in one of the cells. How can I go about doing this, that everytime I print a sheet it automatically generates a new number in the sequence? I have tried playing around with macros and it doesn't seem to change, only stay at a specific number. Is there an easier formula that this can be done with or do I have to use macro's and how do I do it with macro's if that's what's required?? It's a product information form for new products that need entering into the system. Hi Awissa, ...

Can't delet Inbox messages.
I can not delete anything in my inbox. I can send email and view my email but when I highlite the message I can not delete...not even with the keyboard delete key. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. More info, please - version and SP level of Outlook? Size of PST file? Ken wrote: > I can not delete anything in my inbox. I can send email > and view my email but when I highlite the message I can > not delete...not even with the keyboard delete key. Any > ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

delete outlook.pst
Can I delete this file and have Outlook open up as if I had never used it before? TIA Rather than delete it, why not just rename it to outlook.bak? Then when you open Outlook, you will have a chance to create a new .pst file. If you want to delete it because of problems with it, why not tell us what the problem is so someone may be able to help you? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, RA asked: | Can I delete...

QSSession Rules & during a live transaction getting the item
I am developing a hook and one of the TRANSACTION class has a ENTRIES method which allows you to use ELEMENTS for example mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(1).Description works just fine and so does everything else, but the mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(1).Item does not work and I think it is because this has a different datatype than a string or an integer so I can not get it to work or read anything for the ..Item part of my hook. Any ideas or suggestions of where to go with this? Thank you. ClothingStore wrote: > Any ideas or suggestions of where to go with this? > T...

Item Notes
We need to frequently update and add notes for items in Great Plains 9.0. Updating existing notes is very simple since a noteindx entry already exists in the SY03900 table. Adding notes is a different issue since the noteindx is 0 and no enty exsits in the SY03900 table. Has anyone created a routine in which to bulk load item notes which will create the correct noteindx entry in the IV00101 table and an entry in the SY03900 table? Does anyone know where the system stores the last noteindx value? Thanks The next note index is stored in the NOTEINDX field for the specific company i...

Data in Fields Changing Automatically
We use a simple Access table to keep track of resolutions adopted by our City Council. It's always worked just fine until today. When I add information in the fields of a row and click in the next row, the information I just added changes. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern to how this happens. There is a column for the number of the resolution. Sometimes this will change to the number of the row above, or two rows above. I tried rebooting. Thanks in advance for any clues! ?Version of Access? ?Working directly in the table instead of, as recommended, in a fo...

Combine multiple columns into one, automatically?
I'm trying to create a chart that will automatically combine into one column what are now several columns when displayed in an ordinary column chart. The columns I want to combine all have the same value on the Y-axis, but are shown (in an ordinary chart) as separate columns because they have different values along the X-axis. Is there any way to create a chart that will automatically add together the X-axis values and then display the results in a single column? Or, is this not really a "charting" problem, but instead a problem that requires me to recalculate my data bef...

Automatically Log of at a Certain Time of Day
Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. Use Scheduled Task that invokes Shutdown.exe. kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able > to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. If you only want them to logoff and keep the pc running run a Scheduled Task that runs the Logoff command, if you want to shut down the PC have the task run the Shutdown command. John kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

Generate powerpoint presentation from excel automatically
How can I automatically generate a powerpoint presentation file with data from an excel file (graphics and text)??? One slide per data sheet, nearly 50 sheets on the workbook. Best Regards and Happy New Year 2004 Hector Balanzar ...