Invisable Emails

Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for.  Me and my
wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP on it.
 As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are having
an issue with the Outlook program.

When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that I had
and all the emails that I had received up until the install.  I have made
sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can see it
send and receive like it should, but here is the issue.

When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, they are not visible in the
inbox, even if unread.  Items are showing up in the junk box as they are
supposed to, but I can not see any of the new emails in my Inbox, but here is
the kicker,

If I do a search using the All Mail Items option, then I can see the emails
I have received since this past Saturday, when we did the install.  This
includes test emails that I have sent, etc.

I have no filters turned on, no catagories, nothing that should prevent the
emails form showing.  Please help.
0
Chris6982 (632)

Did you reset the view?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

> Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for.  Me and my
> wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP on
> it.
> As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are having
> an issue with the Outlook program.
>
> When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that I
> had
> and all the emails that I had received up until the install.  I have made
> sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can see
> it
> send and receive like it should, but here is the issue.
>
> When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, they are not visible in the
> inbox, even if unread.  Items are showing up in the junk box as they are
> supposed to, but I can not see any of the new emails in my Inbox, but here
> is
> the kicker,
>
> If I do a search using the All Mail Items option, then I can see the
> emails
> I have received since this past Saturday, when we did the install.  This
> includes test emails that I have sent, etc.
>
> I have no filters turned on, no catagories, nothing that should prevent
> the
> emails form showing.  Please help.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/31/2008 5:12:48 AM
Sometimes the process you describe results in TWO sets of Outlook personal
folders (in effect a copy of your old .pst file and a newly created .pst
file).  From what you describe, you are looking for your mail items in the
new Folder when they are actually in the old Folder.  In using the search
facility, Outlook will examine ALL your Folders and that is why it finds
your emails.

To test my hypothesis look very carefully down the Mail Folders list on the
left hand side of Outlook and open up items with a + sign next to them.  If
you do find your mail then my hypothesis is valid and you need to fix the
problem like this:-

1.     FIRST USE OUTLOOK TO BACKUP YOUR DATA FILES.  They are then safe in
case the following procedure fails.
2.    Move everything you need from the new Folders to the same location in
the old folders.
3.    Go to Control Panel, click on the Mail icon and then select Data
Files.
4.    You should then see a list of the Data Files in use.  Set the old Data
Files as the default (There is a button to do this)
5.    Then close Outlook, restart Outlook again and return to the
aforementioned Mail icon in Control Panel.
6.    Now you can Remove the new Data File and the problem should be
resolved.

Good luck

> Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for.  Me and my
> wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP on
> it.
> As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are having
> an issue with the Outlook program.
>
> When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that I
> had
> and all the emails that I had received up until the install.  I have made
> sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can see
> it
> send and receive like it should, but here is the issue.
>
> When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, they are not visible in the
> inbox, even if unread.  Items are showing up in the junk box as they are
> supposed to, but I can not see any of the new emails in my Inbox, but here
> is
> the kicker,
>
> If I do a search using the All Mail Items option, then I can see the
> emails
> I have received since this past Saturday, when we did the install.  This
> includes test emails that I have sent, etc.
>
> I have no filters turned on, no catagories, nothing that should prevent
> the
> emails form showing.  Please help.

0
Chevalier (34)
7/31/2008 11:57:40 AM
As another option and adding to the 2 previous answers and just covering =
all options

Have you checked if your Font to read in OL is set to white the same as =
the background. I have seen this as late as last week in a foreign =
newsgroup. The OP could not read his mail in Outlook unless it was =
highlighted because it was invisible to see

--=20
Peter

"Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for.  Me and =
my=20
> wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP =
on it.=20
> As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are =
having=20
> an issue with the Outlook program.
>=20
> When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that =
I had=20
> and all the emails that I had received up until the install.  I have =
made=20
> sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can =
see it=20
> send and receive like it should, but here is the issue.
>=20
> When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, they are not visible in =
the=20
> inbox, even if unread.  Items are showing up in the junk box as they =
are=20
> supposed to, but I can not see any of the new emails in my Inbox, but =
here is=20
> the kicker,
>=20
> If I do a search using the All Mail Items option, then I can see the =
emails=20
> I have received since this past Saturday, when we did the install.  =
This=20
> includes test emails that I have sent, etc.
>=20
> I have no filters turned on, no catagories, nothing that should =
prevent the=20
> emails form showing.  Please help.
0
okf221 (388)
7/31/2008 8:48:07 PM
Ok, here is what I have done.

I have tried opening it using the /cleanviews option and it does not make an
difference.

I have looked in all my folder and opened anything that had a + beside it.
Yes, it does show an exact copy of the file structure (ie. all the same
folders, etc.) that is shown in the main personal file, but they also show
the exact same content.

I have checked the font colors and the are not white or any other color
option that might make the harder to see.  I can not highlight anything above
the visible top message in my inbox, even though using the search all
function it shows that I have well over 200 unread emails above it.
0
Chris6982 (632)
8/1/2008 1:08:00 AM
Press CTRL+6 - how many sets of folders do you see?

--

> Ok, here is what I have done.
>
> I have tried opening it using the /cleanviews option and it does not make
> an
> difference.
>
> I have looked in all my folder and opened anything that had a + beside it.
> Yes, it does show an exact copy of the file structure (ie. all the same
> folders, etc.) that is shown in the main personal file, but they also show
> the exact same content.
>
> I have checked the font colors and the are not white or any other color
> option that might make the harder to see.  I can not highlight anything
> above
> the visible top message in my inbox, even though using the search all
> function it shows that I have well over 200 unread emails above it.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/1/2008 3:11:50 AM
I had a user accidentally remove all the headings in the inbox pane. Do you
see the suject and from headings?  If not, try adding them back.

--
Lauri
Bellingham Public Schools

> Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for.  Me and my
> wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP on
> it.
> As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are having
> an issue with the Outlook program.
>
> When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that I
> had
> and all the emails that I had received up until the install.  I have made
> sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can see
> it
> send and receive like it should, but here is the issue.
>
> When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, they are not visible in the
> inbox, even if unread.  Items are showing up in the junk box as they are
> supposed to, but I can not see any of the new emails in my Inbox, but here
> is
> the kicker,
>
> If I do a search using the All Mail Items option, then I can see the
> emails
> I have received since this past Saturday, when we did the install.  This
> includes test emails that I have sent, etc.
>
> I have no filters turned on, no catagories, nothing that should prevent
> the
> emails form showing.  Please help.

0
lmcbeath (40)

Outlook 2003 not sending emails for one account #3
Hi All, I have two accounts setup under outlook 2003 which i just started using on a brand new dell computer. My sbcglobal Home account works fine but Work account will not send emails. I receive this error message: "Task 'Work - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).', "when trying to check my email. Also, if I use the test settings buttons under the account setup screen, I ge...

Missing Emails #6
I personaly saw this happen. let me start by telling you about the setup... Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 all updates on xp pro sp2 all updates. Ok , one of my outlook users stopped getting email for two days. when I checked it out everything looked fine. I told him to send me an email to my outside account. which I recieved and replied to, here is where it gets strange. I verified he recieved the mail in Outlook Web Access. But he never got it in Outlook. so I logged back in and it was gone.I suspect it is in the same palce as his previous two days mail but I cannot find it. This has me ver...

emails #20
I have been using comcast as my outgoing server (smtp.comcast.net) for years and all of a sudden, I can't send email out through outlook. I can receive without any problems. Is anyone experiencing this same problem. ...

Restrict email transmission
I need to restrict an incoming account from reaching specific parties. I have gone to each user and setup a rule to delete email from an outside party. I would block it completely but one of the users need to recieve email from this person. The rule does not seem to be configure server side but client only. Is there away to make sure the rule in on the exchange 2003 server. Users, I setup the rule for, are getting the email when they go through webmail. Exchange 2003 enterprise, outlook 2000 and 2003. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html -- John Oliver, Jr...

Invisable Emails
Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for. Me and my wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP on it. As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are having an issue with the Outlook program. When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that I had and all the emails that I had received up until the install. I have made sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can see it send and receive like it should, but here is the issue. When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, ...

how do i download my email from two other email accounts?
I have tried many times to firstly set up the ability for outlook to be able to download it but I am unsure if I am doing it correctly. Both my hotmail accts are free. I am having a lot of trouble setting it up so I can download it Jose Luis <Jose Luis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried many times to firstly set up the ability for outlook to > be able to download it but I am unsure if I am doing it correctly. > Both my hotmail accts are free. I am having a lot of trouble setting > it up so I can download it Outlook access to free Hotmail accounts is b...

Configuring Inbound TLS emails
What does the other domain need to do in order to read our TLS messages? We have generated an x.509 certificate and have created a second smtp virtual server and connector with their domain in the address space. What does the other domain need to do to read our email address correctly? Do we need to send them a copy of our x.509 certificate? Will our emails bounced back? Thank you. If your TLS cert is from a well know CA (like verisign) they should already have the root CA so you shouldn't have to do anything. The remote party you are sending to will also need a TLS cert to be abl...

Cannot maximize open emails
I have a W2k machine with Outlook 2K. When Outlook is open and I open an email and minimize the message, I cannot open the minimized message by left-clicking on the task bar. All I get is a beep from the cpu. If I minimize the entire outlook application (inbox) I can then maximize the minimized message by left clicking. I ran a repair on office to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, john ...

how do i email a resume?
how do i email my resume to employers and others Create an email message in what ever mail program that you use and attach the file containing your resume to that message. I would suggest that you convert your resume to a .pdf file using the free PrimoPDF pdf creator if you do not have any other means of doing it. Then the recipient will be able to read the resume, no matter what software you used to create it with. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, or...

Errors when sending email?
A user sent an email from a 3rd party SMTP email client to two recipients. He said the 1 of the recipients for sure did not receive the email. In further investigation I've found the following. I see a row of "*************" in the log file for the message/recipient (see below). The Exchange 2003 SP2 Message Tracking Center shows the same - and displays: "Message transferred to *********************************...." Also a pop-up box displays when the MTC is searching and hit this "**********". What can be done to assure there are no issues and users ...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...

Invisible updates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CA7542.F4BF0090 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit From a bit 'of time now when Windows Update tells me that there is a update available, I set to inform me but not download, and I try to go see what it is about me has a beautiful table white, the update is there and I can download it but I have to do it blindly without being able to see what it is. How can I fix? Thank you. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CA75...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Default "From" Email Address in a Workflow EMail Notification
What determines the default "from" value - who it looks like the email came from? My Workflow scope is set to "Organization". When I leave the "From" parameter blank, the email message notification "comes from" me regardless of what CRM user actually initiated the action. As I am not really involved in the process, email recipients are calling or emailing me with questions regarding the notification details. I am guessing that is because I am "the" CRM administrator. I can indicate a more relevant user in the "From" para...

ACT! Email Addresses...
In ACT! on a contact record, if you click the drop down beside email address, you have the option of creating multiple email addresses for one contact. However, when converting data into CRM, I have not been able to pull this data out. I typically use Scribe, and the ACT! adapter does not expose this data. Has anyone else had experience with this or know how to pull the data out of ACT!? Thanks, Jason farmerj24@yahoo.com ...

limited emails permitted
I am trying to send out a newsletter to our clients (about 150) and got severla meesages saying that the newsletter did not reach the intended recipients and this message "452.4.5.3 No more transactions permitted". Can you assist me on this? Can I change my settings or do I need to break this up over a few days? Please help. Thanks. ...

How Emails (Outgoing & Incoming ) Works CRM Online Hosted my Micro
Hi , How the emails work in CRM Online specialy with WebClient ? Where will be Eamil Router installed ? which Exchange it will use ? Does microsoft provides a Exchage Server for sending mails along with Online ? Could any one knows on this please share me thanks ...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails...
Why is it when I get emails in HTML format, they open, but take about 30-40 before showing the HTML content? I do have all the MSN feature OFF! Like SMART TAG and such... >-----Original Message----- >Why is it when I get emails in HTML format, they open, but take about 30-40 >before showing the HTML content? I do have all the MSN feature OFF! Like >SMART TAG and such... > > >. > Images are linked back to a server. It will depend on your Internet connection speed and size of the image files. Well, I do have DSL and my speed it fast for everything else. I just find i...

Email Icon
All of sudden whenever I receive an email, the email icon no longer appears on the system tray, how do switch it back on so whenever I receive an email the icon appears to let me know? Thanks in advance. Version of Windows? Did you check in task bar properties to see if its hidden? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:E...

How do I limit the emails I receive from my other email accounts?
I am trying to import my Yahoo! email account to my Outlook program, and it's downloading ALL the emails I've been sent for the past 8 years. Can I limit how many email messages I receive on my computer? Not that I know of. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Emma Lang asked: | I am trying to import my Yahoo! email account to my Outlook program, | and it's downloading ALL the emails I've been se...

Invisible Fields
I have a text field that I want to be hidden on my form until a certain option is chosen on a drop down menu. For example, if the drop down menu = Other I want the text field with Other (Please State) to appear with it being invisible until then. Any ideas?? Thanks Chris hi, cjay85@gmail.com wrote: > I have a text field that I want to be hidden on my form until a > certain option is chosen on a drop down menu. > > For example, if the drop down menu = Other I want the text field with > Other (Please State) to appear with it being invisible until then. Use the change event...

Invisible Nndnotes
A simple document I created in Word 2003 has endnotes. This document has come and gone between several people, and at a certain point in time the endnotes disappeared and are no longer visible at the end of the document. I can see their text when I hover over the endnote mark, but double-clicking it brings me to a blank page. Whatever happened also caused 14 empty pages to appear at the end of the document, the exact number of endnotes I have. I do not have tables, and the text is not hidden. Any solution would be greatly appreciated. Danny ...

Copy- paste from Excel to Outlook Express email
How can I copy-paste a row of cells containing a name, addresses and etc., from Excel to OE with the ability to work with the text once I get it into OE? I can get it over there, but it seems locked into some format with-out the ability to work with the text. Is there no way to paste it as unformatted text so that you can work with it? Thank you very much for any help here Jerry Your question could relate to a single entry, in which case copy-past to Notepad to do your manipulation, or perhaps to a required Mail List using the names etc from an Exce sheet, for this you could see: ...

cannot recieve emails
when i open my emails it has suddenly started asking for my logon details. I can not remember them? If you don't remember your username and password, call your mail service provider. They may have a web page where you can reset your password. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "debbieg" <debbieg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7933DACD-34EA-4F68-A8B8-9873576F7D2C@microsoft.com... > when i open my emails it has suddenly started asking for my logon = details. I=20 > ...

email select members of DL
I used to do this in Outlook 2K, but can't seem to in Outlook 2002. I need to send emails to select members of a Distribution List. ...