Internet header question

Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent
from for all of them and export it to any format?

I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
spreadsheet.

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

0
john1765 (46)

JDTHREE [MVP] <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote:

> I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
> and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
> IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
> getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
> spreadsheet.

Why not add a SPAM filter like SpamBayes that will learn what SPAM looks
like an block it automatically?
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/24/2004 7:16:48 PM
On Mon, 24 May 2004 15:16:48 -0400, "Brian Tillman"
<tillmabg@yahoo.com> wrote:

>JDTHREE [MVP] <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
>> and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
>> IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
>> getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
>> spreadsheet.
>
>Why not add a SPAM filter like SpamBayes that will learn what SPAM looks
>like an block it automatically?

Because I'm trying to keep known servers from even being able to
connect to the server, rather than have the server still have to
process the stuff.

John

0
john1765 (46)
5/24/2004 7:22:50 PM
You can export the FromAddress column to a format like xls or csv which can
easily modify if desired. Use the mport and Export Wizard for this listed
under File

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"JDTHREE [MVP]" <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
> folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent
> from for all of them and export it to any format?
>
> I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
> and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
> IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
> getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
> spreadsheet.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> John

0
Roady
5/24/2004 7:41:51 PM
Rather than blocking addresses, I think you may find it's better to use a
good filtering software/service in front of the Exchange server. www.gfi.com
has MailEssentials, frequently recommended in the Exchange NGs when people
ask about anti-spam solutions.

If you don't want to manage something in-house or don't have the separate
hardware to support it, note that www.postini.com (a relay service) works
very well - I have several small offices set up to use it.

JDTHREE [MVP] wrote:
> Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
> folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent
> from for all of them and export it to any format?
>
> I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
> and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
> IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
> getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
> spreadsheet.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> John

0
lanwench (7567)
5/24/2004 7:53:26 PM
On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:41:51 +0200, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:

>You can export the FromAddress column to a format like xls or csv which can
>easily modify if desired. Use the mport and Export Wizard for this listed
>under File

I saw that, but I'm doing it based on SMTP headers - so I can get the
IP of the SMTP server that's sending the spam, and that's not an
option on the export function. :(

Thanks for the suggestion though.

John

0
john1765 (46)
5/24/2004 7:54:34 PM
On Mon, 24 May 2004 15:53:26 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>Rather than blocking addresses, I think you may find it's better to use a
>good filtering software/service in front of the Exchange server. www.gfi.com
>has MailEssentials, frequently recommended in the Exchange NGs when people
>ask about anti-spam solutions.
>
>If you don't want to manage something in-house or don't have the separate
>hardware to support it, note that www.postini.com (a relay service) works
>very well - I have several small offices set up to use it.
>
>JDTHREE [MVP] wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
>> folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent
>> from for all of them and export it to any format?
>>
>> I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
>> and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
>> IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
>> getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
>> spreadsheet.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>> John

I understand all this.  And I've used them in different situations.
But for this particular implementation, I have to deal with things via
blocking spamming IP addresses...  I'll just keep pulling the IP's
manually out of each mail in the list since I've not been able to come
up with any way to automate the process.

Thanks though

John

0
john1765 (46)
5/25/2004 2:09:12 AM
Why not post in a programming group to see if anyone there has successfully
written a little script (vb) to parse through the Internet Headers and pull
this data?  Most of the folks in this group are generalists and may not have
the necessary skills to give you the answer you want to find.  In a
programming group, the experts are more than willing to help you out and may
have something already written to do this.  You never know?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JDTHREE [MVP]
asked:

| On Mon, 24 May 2004 15:53:26 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
| <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
|
|| Rather than blocking addresses, I think you may find it's better to
|| use a good filtering software/service in front of the Exchange
|| server. www.gfi.com has MailEssentials, frequently recommended in
|| the Exchange NGs when people ask about anti-spam solutions.
|| If you don't want to manage something in-house or don't have the
|| separate hardware to support it, note that www.postini.com (a relay
|| service) works very well - I have several small offices set up to
|| use it.
|| JDTHREE [MVP] wrote:
||| Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
||| folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address
||| sent from for all of them and export it to any format?
||| I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
||| and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
||| IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
||| getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
||| spreadsheet.
||| Thanks for any suggestions.
||| John
|
| I understand all this.  And I've used them in different situations.
| But for this particular implementation, I have to deal with things via
| blocking spamming IP addresses...  I'll just keep pulling the IP's
| manually out of each mail in the list since I've not been able to come
| up with any way to automate the process.
|
| Thanks though
|
| John

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/25/2004 2:26:27 AM
I thought about that, but I figured that had anyone already hit this
limitation in outlook, that someone would've likely already come up
with a solution.  And what better place to find it than the people in
the outlook group who would've been the most likely to have seen
something like that before? :)

I've only got about 2000 of them I have to pull out, and I'm about
half way through now, so it's not worth trying to come up with a new
way to do it if there's not already a way out there that's been done.

John

On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:26:27 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote:

>Why not post in a programming group to see if anyone there has successfully
>written a little script (vb) to parse through the Internet Headers and pull
>this data?  Most of the folks in this group are generalists and may not have
>the necessary skills to give you the answer you want to find.  In a
>programming group, the experts are more than willing to help you out and may
>have something already written to do this.  You never know?
>
>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JDTHREE [MVP]
>asked:
>
>| On Mon, 24 May 2004 15:53:26 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>| <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>|
>|| Rather than blocking addresses, I think you may find it's better to
>|| use a good filtering software/service in front of the Exchange
>|| server. www.gfi.com has MailEssentials, frequently recommended in
>|| the Exchange NGs when people ask about anti-spam solutions.
>|| If you don't want to manage something in-house or don't have the
>|| separate hardware to support it, note that www.postini.com (a relay
>|| service) works very well - I have several small offices set up to
>|| use it.
>|
>| I understand all this.  And I've used them in different situations.
>| But for this particular implementation, I have to deal with things via
>| blocking spamming IP addresses...  I'll just keep pulling the IP's
>| manually out of each mail in the list since I've not been able to come
>| up with any way to automate the process.
>|
>| Thanks though
>|
>| John

0
john1765 (46)
5/25/2004 11:16:43 AM
JDTHREE [MVP] <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote:

> I understand all this.  And I've used them in different situations.
> But for this particular implementation, I have to deal with things via
> blocking spamming IP addresses...  I'll just keep pulling the IP's
> manually out of each mail in the list since I've not been able to come
> up with any way to automate the process.

You really need to have an SMTP router that understands black hole lists and
RBLs.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/25/2004 4:17:39 PM
On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:17:39 -0400, "Brian Tillman"
<tillmabg@yahoo.com> wrote:

>JDTHREE [MVP] <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote:
>
>> I understand all this.  And I've used them in different situations.
>> But for this particular implementation, I have to deal with things via
>> blocking spamming IP addresses...  I'll just keep pulling the IP's
>> manually out of each mail in the list since I've not been able to come
>> up with any way to automate the process.
>
>You really need to have an SMTP router that understands black hole lists and
>RBLs.

They have a firewall that does RBL.  They want to augment it with the
IP's of spam servers that still get through that aren't on the lists.

Trust me, I didn't just come up with this off the top of my head to
start a discussion here to attempt to teach me about spam. :)

John

0
john1765 (46)
5/25/2004 5:43:07 PM
What I'd do:

1.  Copy all the mail from Outlook Folder to a IMAP Mail folder (to get
the mail into a standard mailbox text format for easy handling)
2.  Write a small script in Python, using Python's email library package
to loop through all emails in the mailbox file, extract the header
information you want, and write it to another text file. (Python becuase
it has the email library easily available).

Hope this is useful to you.  Let us know.

rms

JDTHREE [MVP] wrote:
> Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
> folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent
> from for all of them and export it to any format?
>
> I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
> and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
> IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
> getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
> spreadsheet.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> John

0
rmschne1 (174)
5/25/2004 5:55:08 PM
Never used python, so it'll be a good experience anyway.  Thanks for
the tip.

John

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:55:08 +0100, Rob Schneider
<rmschne@removetheones_b1e1e1b.net.net> wrote:

>What I'd do:
>
>1.  Copy all the mail from Outlook Folder to a IMAP Mail folder (to get
>the mail into a standard mailbox text format for easy handling)
>2.  Write a small script in Python, using Python's email library package
>to loop through all emails in the mailbox file, extract the header
>information you want, and write it to another text file. (Python becuase
>it has the email library easily available).
>
>Hope this is useful to you.  Let us know.
>
>rms
>

>JDTHREE [MVP] wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
>> folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent
>> from for all of them and export it to any format?
>>
>> I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
>> and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
>> IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
>> getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
>> spreadsheet.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>> John

0
john1765 (46)
5/26/2004 1:04:08 PM
JDTHREE [MVP] <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote:

> They have a firewall that does RBL.  They want to augment it with the
> IP's of spam servers that still get through that aren't on the lists.

Perhaps a discussion group whose main focus is that particular firewall
would be a better place for the question, then.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/26/2004 6:20:02 PM
Give it a try.  Nothing like a real project like this to give it a go.

It is Python's associated libraries that are impressive.  Perl has even
more libraries available but I find Perl hard to get a handle on.

Both are 'free', both work extremely well, and both are relatively
undiscovered in the Windows world.  I don't know why.

Will be curious to hear how you get on.

rms

JDTHREE [MVP] wrote:
> Never used python, so it'll be a good experience anyway.  Thanks for
> the tip.
>
> John
>
> On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:55:08 +0100, Rob Schneider
> <rmschne@removetheones_b1e1e1b.net.net> wrote:
>

>>What I'd do:
>>
>>1.  Copy all the mail from Outlook Folder to a IMAP Mail folder (to get
>>the mail into a standard mailbox text format for easy handling)
>>2.  Write a small script in Python, using Python's email library package
>>to loop through all emails in the mailbox file, extract the header
>>information you want, and write it to another text file. (Python becuase
>>it has the email library easily available).
>>
>>Hope this is useful to you.  Let us know.
>>
>>rms
>>

>>JDTHREE [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook
>>>folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent
>>>from for all of them and export it to any format?
>>>
>>>I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall
>>>and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the
>>>IP's to a block list.  But it's a pain opening them one at a time,
>>>getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel
>>>spreadsheet.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any suggestions.
>>>
>>>John

0
rmschne1 (174)
5/26/2004 6:45:23 PM
On Wed, 26 May 2004 14:20:02 -0400, "Brian Tillman"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>JDTHREE [MVP] <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote:
>
>> They have a firewall that does RBL.  They want to augment it with the
>> IP's of spam servers that still get through that aren't on the lists.
>
>Perhaps a discussion group whose main focus is that particular firewall
>would be a better place for the question, then.

The original question that was posted here was about pulling things
out of outlook, so this group was the exact place to post from.  I
didn't start the discussion about the other firewall product.

John

0
john1765 (46)

flow chart question
I made a flow chart in Excel yesterday. You can color the connector lines and the font. But it won't let you do a fill color. How do I do a fill color? I need to make the chart with 8 colors...each color is assigned to a person who will be doing the task. hope this makes sense thanks Jeannette Jeanette What version of Excel are you using? I had no trouble using Excel 2003, having created a quick flow chart using autoshapes (Drawing toolbar), then Format Autoshape. HTH Philip "sunrosejenn" <sunrosejenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85EE0B09-D...

Quick Question #2
Hello, I have inherited an exel file with a spreadsheet that has the colum letters and row numbers hidden somehow. How do i get them t re-appear? Thanks in advance, Quanch -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Quanchi Tools > Options > View menu. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Quanchi >" <<Quanchi.17lksu@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:Quanchi.17lksu@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, > > I have inherited an exel file with a spreadsheet that has the column > letters and row numbers hidden somehow. How do i get them to > r...

How do I keep the header on the first page but hide it on the sec.
I am preparing a worksheet with a custom header for the first page. Under the header I have column titles that I would like to appear on the second page of my worksheet. How do I keep the column titles but delete the custom header from the second page. Ron deBruin has some code to get you started: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm victoria wrote: > > I am preparing a worksheet with a custom header for the first page. Under > the header...

error in script from internet explorer
when i use online help i cannot click a link without getting an error from I.E. concerning the script ...

Money 2004 internet update
My 2004 is not updating properly, infact not at all. When I press update now it will crash the program. My internet settings and bank setting are correct. This problem is only happening on my Dell computer running windows 2000. Ijust installed a new graphix card and I am running a dual monitor setup. It updated once after I installed the card then not again after that. I loaded the program on my laptop to test it and all features work fine. Are there any known issues in regards to graphix cards ore running in a dual monitor set up? Well... It is definatly the video card. I disabled ...

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

Install the internet pack for Internet Explorer
--sstgmprmnanztmshb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dyatvmthbtnsg"; type="multipart/alternative" --dyatvmthbtnsg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbkzxamyh" --fbkzxamyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain ...

Internet Explorer
I am running Win XP 2 and have automatic upgrades ticked. IE upgraded to 8, then problems. I cannot open a MS window, try's to open but closes half why through. Same when I try to open Win Media Player, opens but when I click to play window closes. Reverted back to IE 7 but problem remains. Can open MS windows using Firefox but not media player. Tried running IE diagnostics but problem remains. Any-one any idea's? Its driving me crazy. -- clanbull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clanbull's Profile: http://forums.techarena.i...

Internet Explorer Problem
I have a weird one that I haven't been able to solve and need some help. My Internet Explorer browser on my XP machine will not run in 'Admin' mode but runs fine in any of the user modes on the machine. I've done what I can to reset IE to original settings and no luck which leads to to believe that the program, in of itself, is okay but there's apparently some registry key I need to tweak to get it running again in Admin mode. If I boot up into a general user mode OR 'switch user', it's fine. So I'm hopeful that a MS engineer might see this and b...

Rmsnet and Internet order
It seems that information on this subject is hard to come by so I am hoping someone here has a little insight. Way back when, we used to use Quicksell 2000 for our brick and mortar POS. We also use Storefront V5 for our web store. SMSPOS used to host a server where we could export our Storefront orders in Yahoo XML format to a specific directory. This was done from within the Storefront software using the HTTP POST method. The XML was posted to an asp script which I suppose parsed the XML and created a file suitable for import into Quicksell. We would then connect to that server via a keystro...

Permissions and Roles Questions
This is for SQL 2005 RS and win 2003 AD I created a number of roles in Active Directory to limit access to reports in the Management Portal for Job X. Initially, I created a role for each report and then added groups to those roles. After getting this all set, I determined that it would probably be a better idea to set up more general report roles that could encompass groups of reports rather than individual reports. I deleted most of the original roles I created and created new roles to serve this new structure. Now, when I hit AD for a list of groups to set permissions, I am retu...

Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) not facing the internet
I have microsoft sharepoint running with small business server 2007 on an application server. I'm trying to host Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Internet Facing Deployment (IFD). I've set up the DNS to point to the server where CRM is running on IIS I've opened up permissions for it in IIS The Firewall is as open as I can figure out to get it. Port forwarded and translated in the NAT policies I even set up a sub-domain on my domain provider to point to the the static IP And that static IP points to our private IP in the DNS(as stated above). I ran the IFD tool, I believe correctly, beca...

Millionaire at 31...on the internet #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Outlook keeps fetching new headers
Outlook keeps fetching new headers daily at the same time, this usally errors out with The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. I have looked for Rules or filters that may cause this, but found nothing. Has anyone ever seen this problem ...

Exchange headers not visible when accesing via POP3
Hi all.. I'm hoping someone can give me a clue here. I have this opt-in/out newsletter application (Xigla Absolute NL .NET) that sends email through exchange. It has a bounced back feature that looks into the POP3 Bounced Back email account, reads the message headers for the email address being bounced and then deletes the subscriber within its application. Problem is that the application can not read the Exchange headers via the POP3 connection. I'm not sure if there is a setting, hotfix or something I need to do to ensure the headers are accessible and readable. I have barely...

Internet 7 to Internet 8
I am trying to convert Intert 7 to Internet 8 through Compatibility but I can't manage to make it work. Nick If you have Internet Explorer 7 then you can not "convert" it to To Internet Explorer 8. IE7 doesn't have any way to become something that wasn't invented when it was made. If you have Internet Explorer 8 you can use compatibility mode to display pages that worked with IE7 but won't in IE8. One caveat: If the page depends upon some feature of IE7 that was changed as a security vulnerability, compatibility mode will not re-enable the vul...

exchange 2003 OAB question
New to E2K3 - we have 4 sites and it seems that after a new site is acquired, a new OAB is created - it this by design or are we doing something wrong? We recently had an issue where no one in any site was getting a new address list - no changes appearing. Errors in the app event log stating the OAB could not be generated - add a reg key to fix (I did do this) then I manually put each sites servers in all OAB as replicas and everything is working fine now. Is this something that will need to be done each time a new site enters? I guess I'm just a bit confused about how the OAB r...

Viewing Email Headers via OWA?
Is there any way to view the full Email Header of an email using Outlook's Web Access interface? -Darrel -- ================================================================= Win prizes searching google: http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=hM72-GU3FWzMFnTqhv-2GE1FNtA Nope & by this I mean Microsoft did not provide a web user interface to it, but it is possible to add it if you don't care about Microsoft support or that the modification gets overwritten by most MS Exchange updates/patches. "darrel" <notreal@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23EyMz51$GHA.3...

How do I get the header to print out for e-mail messages?
For some reason, I am unable to print out the header of e-mail messages and it only prints out the message but not the time/date, subject, To..., From...., etc. Does anyone have an idea how to get this back on? Aloha yoda_the_webmaster, I'm guessing you're using Outlook 2003 (or earlier?) with Internet Explorer 7. That's a known issue that the IE team is working on. In the meantime you can either try and go back to IE6, upgrade to Outlook 2007 (which is unaffected because it doesn't use IE to print HTML messages) or edit the message and change the format to Rich T...

Quick questions regarding Exchange 5.5 --> 2003 migration
I am planning to migrate Exchange 5.5 running on NT 4.0 in an NT4.0 domain to Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Enterprise in a native AD. I am under the impression that Internet mail and postings to public folders will keep flowing to 5.5 whil3 I do this. Correct? Can I synchronize the 2 servers so I don't have to migrate everyone at once, and Internet Mail keeps flowing into the 5.5 box until I am ready to decommision it? What Connectors will I need to install on each server to get 5.5 to synchronize with the 2003? I've already read thru piles of docs on this, just wanted to...

Internet Mail Archive
I can't seem to display the contents of my in and out IMC Archive folders. I checked the folder size and it is quite big. I already set my logging options to all none. Can I safely delete my archive folders and recreate them? TIA PeteD Hi Pete, The easiest way is to navigate to them in DOS and delete them. There is no problem with deleting the Archive folders. Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and co...

reference question
I have a cell 'A1' that references a cell in another (unsorted) column 'B'. Every day I add a new column of info to the worksheet by inserting a column. Column B then becomes Column C. As a result of the insertion, cell A1 now references a cell in column C- the previous day- but I want it to stay referenced to the (new) column B. I've read about absolute references and played around with INDEX and LOOKUP functions, but I haven't figured out how to do it, though I'm guessing it's pretty simple. Your help appreciated! David Hi! =INDIRECT("B1")...

Problem With Internet Links
I have Outlook 2000-SP3 and Windows 2000-SP4. I used to be able to click on an Internet link included in an e-mail and my web browser would be launched. Now nothing happens when I click on an Internet link. Not sure if it is an Outlook problem but I thought I'd give it a try... Thanks for your suggestions. ---- tb Tiziano <nospam@example.com> wrote: > I used to be able to click on an Internet link included > in an e-mail and my web browser would be launched. > Now nothing happens when I click on an Internet > link. Try this: in Internet Explorer, click Tools>In...

Measuring Round-Trip Internet Email time
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. I'm looking to measure roundtrip delivery time for an Internet email. Basically, I'd like to somehow have an email sent out to a foreign system, then come back into the Exchange system and have the round-trip time recorded. Is there an easy way to set this up? Or do I need foreign tools to do so? Thanks! There is no easy way to do this and there are lots of variables that you have no control over so would need to average the value over as large a number of emails as possible and include as many foreign systems as possible. Ultimately o...

Millionaire at 31 ... on the Internet!
Hello, My name is David Vouillamoz I was wondering if you would be interested in promoting Stephan Ducharme's brand new ebook just released this week ? It's titled "Millionaire at 31... on the Internet. Listen to how he's doing it" You could earn up to $70 a sale. 5 out of 100 readers purchase. Two-tier commissions: 40% to direct seller + 10% to sub-referrer. Everything is set up... tested solo ad, website, brandable e-book, you won't even need to place it on your server Just send out the pre-written solo ad with your affiliate link and that's it. Stepha...