Intermittent error

I have an odd one.  My client has a P IV with 512 RAM, SP Pro, Office 2003
all updates etc.  He checks two email addresses.  I use the ISP’s smtp server
on both and both email accounts check with a send receive.  I have disabled
the “send” function on one account since it is unnecessary.

Every few “Send/Receive”’s, he gets “Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0F):
The connection to the server was interrupted.’  My server settings must be
right as he does send and receive email.  As soon as I get the error, it goes
away and does a successful send/receive before I can try to ping the server,
etc.

Anyone seen this?

0
mtrox (7)

mtrox <mtrox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Every few “Send/Receive”’s, he gets “Receiving reported error
> (0x800CCC0F): The connection to the server was interrupted.’  My
> server settings must be right as he does send and receive email.  As
> soon as I get the error, it goes away and does a successful
> send/receive before I can try to ping the server, etc.

This can be caused by programs, like anti-virus or firewall programs, that
scan incoming or outgoing mail.  If you have such a program, disable
scanning mail.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/10/2005 2:14:09 PM
Brian,

Appreciate the response.  The only firewall I'm running is the Windows
firewall.  As for anti-virus, these days I don't know that I can disable
email scanning.  This guy gets about one email per minute...no exageration.
So in the hour or two I might disable to see if this intermittent problem is
fixed, he would be exposed to more email traffic than many people get in a
day.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> mtrox <mtrox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Every few “Send/Receive”’s, he gets “Receiving reported error
> > (0x800CCC0F): The connection to the server was interrupted.’  My
> > server settings must be right as he does send and receive email.  As
> > soon as I get the error, it goes away and does a successful
> > send/receive before I can try to ping the server, etc.
>
> This can be caused by programs, like anti-virus or firewall programs, that
> scan incoming or outgoing mail.  If you have such a program, disable
> scanning mail.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
mtrox (7)
2/10/2005 3:01:16 PM
mtrox <mtrox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> As for anti-virus, these days I don't know that I can
> disable email scanning.

Sure you can.  Most (all?) A/V programs also contain an on-access (or
real-time) scanner that always runs in the background as a service.  If you
attempt to open a file containing a virus, it tells you and quarantines or
repairs the file.  As long as that's running, you're safe.  There's no need
to scan mail.

> This guy gets about one email per
> minute...no exageration. So in the hour or two I might disable to see
> if this intermittent problem is fixed, he would be exposed to more
> email traffic than many people get in a day.

As long as he doesn't open any attachments, he can't get a virus.  If he
does open an attachment and it's infected, his on-access scanner will
protect him.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/10/2005 4:29:24 PM
Guess I've heard that one before.  I also checked out the Symantec site.
There is an entire page on intermittent pop server connectivity issues.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> mtrox <mtrox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > As for anti-virus, these days I don't know that I can
> > disable email scanning.
>
> Sure you can.  Most (all?) A/V programs also contain an on-access (or
> real-time) scanner that always runs in the background as a service.  If you
> attempt to open a file containing a virus, it tells you and quarantines or
> repairs the file.  As long as that's running, you're safe.  There's no need
> to scan mail.
>
> > This guy gets about one email per
> > minute...no exageration. So in the hour or two I might disable to see
> > if this intermittent problem is fixed, he would be exposed to more
> > email traffic than many people get in a day.
>
> As long as he doesn't open any attachments, he can't get a virus.  If he
> does open an attachment and it's infected, his on-access scanner will
> protect him.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
mtrox (7)

Receipt intermittently not printing
Customer has ver. 2.0 RMS Store Ops. Database is on a server and there is one POS machine, with 4 back office machines. This was an upgrade from QS2000. We upgraded straight into ver. 2.0 so are running SQL 2005 Server Express. No MSDE installed. Using Epson TM88 printer w/USB connection and Epson OPOS driver. Database upgraded fine, although there was one issue (wrong data in the sale date field) which we solved prior to importing the database into RMS. Not long after initial use of RMS, we started having issues with receipts intermittently not printing. When we investigated we foun...

error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near ","
I get the following error when i try to inherit a interface in a IDL file, error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting { near "," inside the IDL file i am trying to use a interface like this, interface IVehicle : ICar, IUnknown { }; Any idea why this error is coming? Thanks ...

"Error occurred loading Microsoft functionality" Error on CRM 3.0
Has anyone solved the "Error occurred loading Microsoft functionality" problem in CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition laptop client for Outlook? I tried the hotfix mentioned in KB921540 but it turns out that only installs on Service Provider Edition. My other symptoms include no CRM toolbar in Outlook and and no CRM toolbar listed under Tool > Cutomize > Toolbars. The COM object IS listed under the COM Addins section however. Web access to CRM still works as does my other workstation running the DESKTOP client. Installing the desktop client on the notebook with the problem m...

Tried all solutions for the Error Loading Outlook Client
9 destops all have the CRM client working but 1 The desktop in question did have another user who had no problem using the add-in This user can use the CRM web interface without logging in We have tried every one of the solutions listed in this forum but the "Custom Menu solutions" offered by Msullivan as that would be a network issue for all users not just one...correct? Any other Ideas? Scott C Sorry, error message on previous post said it malfunctioned...this was a copy of that post. "ScottC" wrote: > 9 destops all have the CRM client working but 1 > ...

Error 1304
Outlook has started trying to reinstall everytime I open it up. Than it get so a point and I get "Error 1304 Error writing to file ////PKMAXCTL.DLL verify that you have access to this directory". I have tried reloading outlook but get the same error message. Anyone have a clue I think this was caused by spyware What version of Outlook? Have you tried renaming extend.dat to .old and then reopening Outlook? Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus nam...

Outlook Page error
When I go to my work's email the pages comes up but where the messages would be I get "There are no itmes to show in this view. And the error in the bottom corner comes up null is null or not an object. Help!!!! ...

Outlook 2007 Send receive error 0X8DE00006
I just stared receiving the above message in when trying to send from Outlook 2007. I am using Windows 7, and IE. How can I fix this? Thanks "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0828F2B6-AD0C-4373-BB93-97CED7EDEF67@microsoft.com... >I just stared receiving the above message in when trying to send from Outlook > 2007. I am using Windows 7, and IE. Is this for a Hotmail/Windows Live account accessed by the Outlook Connector by chance? If so, what version of the Connector? Have you tried deleting the account and readding ...

re: error 1320
Dear Glyn Thank you for your reply. To be honest I don't know about the DOS Subst command. I used the administrative tool like you suggested - it shows that I have one disc drive. (I wasn't sure what to do with the c management window...) I tried installing a custom version, and put it on C drive - same result. I did properties of the N and C drive and noticed that they both have exactly the same amount of used and unused space - which seems a bit of a coincidence! They are both NTFS if that is any relevance. I also did map network drives - there is no "n" drive coming...

ERROR IN EXCEL
HI: i have a little problem with excel: i open an excel file and after making a few changes i try to save it but i can't because they program tell me: "impossible to save, a temporal copy have been created " Any idea about this little head-breaker? Thanks!!! Perchance are you doing this from a floppy disk? If so, never work from a floppy. Copy to the HD, work on it there, save on the HD and copy back to the floppy. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Aragorn" <oroelfico@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2$WepLGEHA.3064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl....

Offline Address List errors on clients
Our older exchange 2000 machine died of harddrive failure recently. All mailboxes had already been moved to our new Exchange 2003 server in the same organization. Both servers had public folder replicas. Unfortunately the old 2000 machine held some FSMO roles and such roles as routing group master and it stored the default address lists. I moved all roles to new server, seizing FSMO roles and simply changing exchange details in system manager. All our issues were resolved in this manner except one. Our Office XP and 2003 clients have an error during sync. concerning OAL. I have tried reb...

Addition Error
If i type to A1, "r"(not quote) and B1 "1"(not quote), and C1 "=A1+B1"(not quote), i'm taking an #Value error... How can i solve this issue? =SUM(A1:B1) -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "metude" wrote: > If i type to A1, "r"(not quote) and B1 "1"(not quote), and C1 "=A1+B1"(not > quote), i'm taking an #Value error... How can i solve this issue? Which result are you trying to achieve? If you want a result of:- r1 - then uses th...

Error when trying to open saved Publisher 2000 files
I've been using Publisher 2000 for a couple of years. In recent weeks, I have been unable to open saved files. I get "Mspub has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Mspub will now close" error message, and it closes Publisher. I just todsay downloaded updates to Office 2000. The only thing that has changed since I was unable to open these saved files is that I have been diligently doing virus scans, spyware scans, and ad-aware scans. Can anyone help me? -- Thanking you once again for your help. Some articles to ponder OFF2000: Invalid Page Fault in Kernel32.dll Clicking...

Out of Office Error #2
After applying the MS patch "Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028: Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)" and starting Outlook 2003, I got the error message " The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension" when I try to click on the Out of Office Assistant option under the "Tools" menu. This has happened on many Windows 2000 machines that I have. It worked before I installed this patch and I checked to see if the extensions were still enabled; they are. Please help me. ...

Using Excel error #N/A in a formula
I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the correct syntax to capture the #N/A error message and display "OK" instead of #N/A? =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,Range,0)),"OK","STOP") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement. > >Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the...

RSP file access error
OK, this is weird, and I've not figured out what is going on. One of my clients is using VS7, with the source on a shared file server. The directory is marked as "full access" for "autheticated users" (we've played a bit with this with no difference). What little VS7 use I've done builds a project off my own file server with no problems. Any attempt to build fails with the error that the cl command is unable to access the rsp00003.rsp file. When the cl command executes under VS7, the compiler gives the error that it is unable to find the .rsp file (for some s...

Intermittent display
Hi, recently i encountered this problem on my PC. When i press the ON button, the monitor shows the normal starting up image for only 1 second and then it went black. Then, because my computer has a CPU FAN error (probably because the starting speed of my fan is a little slow), it would beep 3times and prompt me to press F1. During this time, the image would appear on the monitor for 1sec and then, becomes black again. Then, as it loads and enters window, it will flash yet again and i can see the cursor of my mouse at the center of the screen for that 1 second. Everything is running normall...

Unexpected error has occurred....
Every time I type the name of a distribution list into the bcc area (rather than going to the list and clicking "send new message to contact") which then doesn't send the message. Keep in mind distribution list is saved on the server and not on my own pc. Thanks in advance. ...

Intermittently receiving SMTP Error 5.6.1
I have been receiving this error for about 6 months now, but because it lacks a critical status, it just lingers on... A quick infrastructure view - All email is filtered through our Barracuda and sent to our Exchange 2003 server. Email is then forwarded, via the Active Directory setting, to Blackberrys, for those users that have them. For some reason, certain HTML emails are not successfully sent to the Blackberry mail server. I have a 5.6.1 error and an NDR sent to the original sender. Of course, the Exchange mailbox receives it, but the Blackberry does not. This only occurs ...

Fatal Error during install
I get through the CRM Server install, but at the last moment while the system is wrapping up, the following error occurs: ----- "Fatal Error" Installation ended prematurely because of an error. ----- Three databases are created and the web files are copied to the root. Any thoughts on why the installation doesn't complete? Thanks. --Ed Fatal Error during install - More info: The CRM server is on a different box than the SQL server. CRM: Windows 2000, SP3 SQL: Windows 2000, SP3, SQL 2000 Standard, SP3 I have read that there may be an issue with SQL Server SP3, but...

XML Parse Error Codes
Is there any place I could find a list with all the parsing errors you can get when loading an XML document? I'm mostly interested in error codes generated when using a schema to validate an instance document. All I could find on the web was related to PHP parser implementation, but I'd like to have such a reference specific to MSXML 4.0 SP2 if that's possible. ...

Intermittent error
I have an odd one. My client has a P IV with 512 RAM, SP Pro, Office 2003 all updates etc. He checks two email addresses. I use the ISP’s smtp server on both and both email accounts check with a send receive. I have disabled the “send” function on one account since it is unnecessary. Every few “Send/Receive”’s, he gets “Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0F): The connection to the server was interrupted.’ My server settings must be right as he does send and receive email. As soon as I get the error, it goes away and does a successful send/receive before I can try to ping the server...

IMAP4SVC errors
We're getting ready to deploy a new E2k3 SP1 cluster and have begun to move some test users over to it. Some of our IMAP users are receiving an error: Event ID 1023: Error 0x8004050a occurred while rendering message 0011-000000c9660e for download for user xyzzy@[EMAIL PROTECTED] Any ideas? We're running a similar setup and have the same problem. It means that there are some messages that cannot be retrieved via IMAP. We opened an incident with Microsoft and the feel that it is the anti-virus software we are running. Sure enough, turning off the AV makes the error go away. ...

Mystery error
Has anyone ever received and explanation for the floowing error? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: NDR Event ID: 3015 Date: 10/13/2005 Time: 1:48:37 PM User: N/A Computer: myserver Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.3.0 was generated for recipient rfc822;someguy@somedomain.net (Message-ID <1773136B08AB5742BF2B8C10FD547DE406DC68B3@myserver.mydomain.com>). Causes: Exchange mistakenly attempted mail delivery to an incorrect MTA route. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Solution:...

confusing error in access2003 db running in access2007
have opened a 2003 db in 2007...opens fine, but when adding records I am getting an error as follows: Microsoft Office Access -2147352567 Method ‘Nz’ of object ‘_Application’ Failed I can perform the exact same actions on the dB in 2003, and do not have a problem...I am wondering if the NZ method in conjuction with data on an sql server is invalid...I feel as if this particular dB is getting corrupted when being used in Access 2007...I have been unable to convert this dB to 2007....the error message is that the dB is already opened exclusively by another user...which is me...the dB si...

Rules in error... error
I can't seem to get my rules to work properly. I've set it up so two things happen: 1. All mail coming from a specific account gets moved to a folder the error I get is "cannot remove items from folder" then rule gets turned off. 2. Junk mail not sent to me with specific words on the subject line: error: "you don't have authorization" then the rule gets turned off. In all instances, if I run the rule separately (manually) they work. Can someone tell me what's wrong and how to correct it? Thanks ...