I have a problem affecting just one of our clients. About a third of the
messages get through, and about 2 thirds are dropped. We use Exchange
Server 2005 and Outlook 2003. The client side is using Microsoft
Frontbridge. If we send mail using Outlook Web Access or Evolution, all
of the mail is delivered.

Can someone tell me why only some of our messages sent via Outlook get
delivered while all messages delivered by OWA or Evolution get through?

Thanks,
Rick

Outlook2003 & Exchange 5 problem
Hi, Don't know if this is just a compatibility issue or not. I can receive and reply w/o any problem, however when I conduct a new message to the same address. It goes undelivered and never get a message stating it was undeliverable. The test was done from my yahoo account. When I put the recipient's address inside double quotes, the message goes through fine. Thus I'm suspecting a compatibility issue between Outlook2003 and Exchange5.0 w/sp 2. Microsoft doesn't recommend using Outlook 2003 with 5.0 or 5.5. Outlook 2k3 has been know to corrupt Information stores on Exch...

Help Required

Connection Problem
I have a Wi-Fi laptop,windows XP Pro, and I'm still having trouble staying connected to the internet(espeicially when playing a video). It used to play videos without any trouble-and sometimes I lose the connection when just veiwing websites also, but does it take more energy(if that's the right word) to play a video than just read a website? I'm quite sure this problem of this laptop losing it's connection frequently can be fixed, and it is a Wi-Fi laptop and does not need a wireless card to connect when started, but I thought someone here new about this wi-fi and co...

Outlook / Exchange out of office
I use outlook / exchange at work. I've just experienced, again, the irritating situation where I send an email to a colleague addressed via the corporate Global Address List only to have the out of office notification returned to me. I now have to go to my sent mail box, find the mail that I sent and resend it to the original addressee's boss for action. It would be most useful if one of the following could happen instead of the simple 'J Bloggs is out of the office until monday': a) when I enter the address in the To: line and hit Ctrl+K for name checking, if I could...

Outlook 2002 won't connect to Hotmail
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Configured my Hotmail account in Outlook 2000 (correctly, I think!) When Outlook is asked to receive mail, I am advised that "service is temporarily unavailable. Try again later." When I click on File, Connect to Hotmail, I get the same message. Meanwhile, I may or may not have Hotmail open in my browser, all the while Alt+Tabbing back and forth and having access to the Hotmail account through the browser but not through Outlook. What the hey? ...

Binding Exchange Server to Domain Controller
I have a single windows 2003 domain with 1 exchange 2003 server and 2 domain controllers (1 windows 2000 server and 1 windows 2003 server). When exchange was installed, only the windows 2000 DC existed and I have since upgraded the domain with installing the windows 2003 DC. The problem I am running into is, the windows 2000 DC must be available for users to get into their mail. If the windows 2000 DC goes down, users do not get authenticated on the exchange server. How do I make it possible that when the windows 2000 DC goes down, exchange can talk with the windows 2003 DC and auth...

scan business card from AIO scanner to create Outlook contacts
Trying to find fast way to scan business card from all in one printer/scanner/fax and have the information transfer into an outlook contact. I can scan ocr but then still have to copy and past line by line or word by word. ...

Outlook brightening up !
Are there any add-ins that allow daily/monthly views to be colourised - or the current day (monthly view) to be permanently highlighted ? TIA VG It is already. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 -- "Von Gibbling" <vongibbling@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:WGCSd.118$_O4.85@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net... > Are there any add-ins that allow daily/monthly views to be colourised - or > the current day (monthly view) to be permanently hi...

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 problem
I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. "doctoral student muma" <doctoralstudentmuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D9800F-52FA-4416-AF66-0DC2454F2B89@microsoft.com... >I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install > Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the > Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. Su...

Receipt intermittently not printing
Customer has ver. 2.0 RMS Store Ops. Database is on a server and there is one POS machine, with 4 back office machines. This was an upgrade from QS2000. We upgraded straight into ver. 2.0 so are running SQL 2005 Server Express. No MSDE installed. Using Epson TM88 printer w/USB connection and Epson OPOS driver. Database upgraded fine, although there was one issue (wrong data in the sale date field) which we solved prior to importing the database into RMS. Not long after initial use of RMS, we started having issues with receipts intermittently not printing. When we investigated we foun...

imap and pop3 accounts- Outlook 2k
Recently switched from Compuserve classic (pop 3) to Compuserve 2000 (imap. I have other email accounts in addition to Compuserve. When I retrieve email it sets up a new inbox for imap email only and pop3 mail goes to the default inbox. Anyway to get all my email to dump to the default inbox? george <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently switched from Compuserve classic (pop 3) to > Compuserve 2000 (imap. I have other email accounts in > addition to Compuserve. When I retrieve email it sets up > a new inbox for imap email only and pop3 mail goes to...

folder could not be displayed ( Outlook express)
I have problems with opening inbox with following error message: FOLDER COULD NOT BE DISPLAYED OUTLOOK COULD NOT OPEN THIS FOLDER POSSIBLE CAUSES ARE: - LOW DISK SPACE - LOW MEMORY I have 6123 messages stored. Pls advise what I can do to get opened the folder without deleting any message at this time, and to download the 106 new messages. Wolfgang Ledwon ...

printing postage in Publisher 2003
can you print postage on Microsoft Publisher 2003 postcards? ...

Outlook Address
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C39947.E751C790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use MS Outlook on my desktop computer. My OS is Windows XP (SP1). My question is: How can I copy my outlook folders and address book from = my desktop to my laptop which also uses Windows XP (SP1). Both = computers have rewriteable CD ROM drives. Thank You Bill W. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C39947.E751C790 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-p...

Customizing Outlook 2003 #2
I just received Outlook 2003 with my new computer. I can't say I like the interface very much -- too much junk on the screen. Is there a "skin" or some other thing I can get to make it look more like the old Outlook -- flatter colors, etc.? Thanks. -- ------------------------------------------ Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com "too much junk on the screen" maybe you have too many things open - just a folder list on the left and outlook today on the right looks fairly minimal - if your in XP you may want to go back to the 'XP Classic' theme? O ...

Intermittently receiving SMTP Error 5.6.1
I have been receiving this error for about 6 months now, but because it lacks a critical status, it just lingers on... A quick infrastructure view - All email is filtered through our Barracuda and sent to our Exchange 2003 server. Email is then forwarded, via the Active Directory setting, to Blackberrys, for those users that have them. For some reason, certain HTML emails are not successfully sent to the Blackberry mail server. I have a 5.6.1 error and an NDR sent to the original sender. Of course, the Exchange mailbox receives it, but the Blackberry does not. This only occurs ...

Outlook 2000 hangs on shutdown
Happens on 2000 machines with office 2000 I had the same error and I did the following which worked Run all the Office updates and then you need to contact Microsoft for the hotfix Try this URL http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834005&Product=ofw2k I hope this is of help Stuart "asa geiger" wrote: > Happens on 2000 machines with office 2000 > ...

2003 DC as backup in my 2008 SBS domain
Hi all, This might be a dumb question, but can I use a Win Srv 2003 SE server as a backup DC for my SBS 2008 domain? I did check and the SBS 2008 domain is in 2003 Functional Level, so I guess it is no problem. I am struggling to find a definitive answer on the web. TIA, Jarryd Certainly you can. BUT, what do you hope to accomplish by doing so? In the event of a catastrophic failure, you'd be far better off simply restoring a backup. Yes, you'd lose any domain changes you had made since the last backup. But IME domains are remarkably stable after the initial...

How do I get Gmail to work with outlook 2007
I had my gmail account set up in Oulook Express, but now I have 2007. I set up the account correctly, but none of my emails come through. They do show up in my Gmail account though. Please help me I don't want to feel as if I just wasted money on this. "Nikkerdoodles" <Nikkerdoodles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91F3DCEC-503D-4C41-972E-4471FB4FDA59@microsoft.com... >I had my gmail account set up in Oulook Express, but now I have 2007. I >set > up the account correctly, but none of my emails come through. They do > show > up in m...

Connection Filtering.
IS there a more detailed "how to" sheet than this from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823866&Product=exch2 003 It is obviously not working for me since I have spams coming in that are listed at the blacklist providers site. Also I need more info on some of the steps listed especially entering what return codes and how to know what they are because when I do a nslookup like they explain it doesn't work - always get a unknown domain message because nslookup looks at my AD Dns server. I have tons of spam that should easily be dropped by my E...

Excel 2003 calculates new on closing/opening outlines
Hello, I have a very big workbook containing thousands of formulas and outlines as well as self-programmed functions (in an AddIn). Now I recognized that Excel recalculates nearly my complete workbook on closing/opening outlines. So I took a closer look at it and found that Excel recalculates all those formulas again which are located outside the outline - but which use cells in side that outline. For example if formula in cell A1 contains "=B5*A2" and then I open/close an outline so that B5 becomes visible/invisible then formula in A1 is recalculated. But this does not happen in an...

Outlook (Laptop) Client and .Net 2.0
Hi All, Just a question: Will the Version 3 Outlook Client install with .Net Framework 2.0? Thanks, Nathan Manzi It should be fine. In 3.0, during the Outlook install, it will check for all the requirements and install the ones you don't have. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Nathan Manzi" wrote: > Hi All, > > Just a question: Will the Version 3 Outlook Client install with .Net > Framework 2.0? > > Thanks, > Nathan Manzi ...

Outlook hangs even after outcmd adn srs rename
I'm using Outlook 2k3 and Windows 2k. Outlook was hanging up and after reading the newsgroup postings I went into my personal personal settings folder and renamed outcmd.dat and outlook.srs. I then did a hard reboot since a soft reboot didn't work. After that Outlook worked but after quickly clicking on another email while a different one was opening the same thing is happening. I'm using word as an email editor but that didn't give me any problems before. Also, I earlier tried the repair option under help but that didn't do any thing, although I didn't try that t...

Intermittent display
Hi, recently i encountered this problem on my PC. When i press the ON button, the monitor shows the normal starting up image for only 1 second and then it went black. Then, because my computer has a CPU FAN error (probably because the starting speed of my fan is a little slow), it would beep 3times and prompt me to press F1. During this time, the image would appear on the monitor for 1sec and then, becomes black again. Then, as it loads and enters window, it will flash yet again and i can see the cursor of my mouse at the center of the screen for that 1 second. Everything is running normall...

Outlook send/receive message
Everytime I try to send a message I get this error message Task 'palmerconst@comcast.net - Sending reported error (0x800CCC78): Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.1.0 Authentication required. The e-mail address are correct so I cannot figure this out....could someone please help me? Kristi wrote: > Everytime I try to send a message I get this error message Task > 'palmerconst@comcast.net - Sending reported error (0x800CCC78): Cannot send > the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account ...