Interesting problem

I am using Outlook Express 6. I closed it.

I installed Outlook XP, loaded it up, went to File -> Import and Export.

I picked "Import Internet Mail and Addresses" -> Next -> I see only "Outlook
Express 4.x, 5"

Nothing about version 6, but I picked it anyway -> Next -> and then finally
Finish.

It started to import all of my emails and address book to Outlook.

When it was done, I can see that *most* e-mails are added correctly, but a
few of them has the today date.

When I open the e-mail, it's showing the correct date, which is Wed
13/11/2002 16:15. And this is an "Sent" e-mail, which I moved from Sent
Items to Inbox.

In Outlook Express, it doesn't happen, but with Outlook, this happens. And
it's annoying.

Is this a bug? Is it fixed in Outlook 2003?

Thanks,

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Tony5726 (14)

"Tony Sutton" <Tony@hypertony.co.ukNOSPAM> wrote in message

> When it was done, I can see that *most* e-mails are added correctly, but a
> few of them has the today date.

> When I open the e-mail, it's showing the correct date, which is Wed
> 13/11/2002 16:15. And this is an "Sent" e-mail, which I moved from Sent
> Items to Inbox.

After installing Office XP SP1 and SP2. Then re-ran the import - still the
same problem.

I installed the Office 2003 beta (before you ask, I was the official beta
tester, so this is NOT an illegal copy!) and I see it is the same as with
Office XP.

So it looks like it's a bug with Outlook XP and 2003!

Where can I contact Microsoft about this? I see there are a few MS staff in
here, perhaps a reply from them would be good?

Thanks,

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
Dry Ice: A Carbon Dioxymoron

Tony5726 (14)
1/11/2004 8:29:50 PM
Try exporting from Outlook Express instead of importing from Outlook -- that
should fix the date issue.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:%23dHeJ9J2DHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Try exporting from Outlook Express instead of importing from Outlook --
that
> should fix the date issue.

That did the trick - thanks!

So... is it a bug with the Import?

Thanks again.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
Never label as malice what is explainable as stupidity.

Tony5726 (14)
1/12/2004 1:08:29 AM
I can't seem to find any official documentation stating it's a bug, but it
sure seems like one to me  :-)

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

message news:O3cnouK2DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I can't seem to find any official documentation stating it's a bug, but it
> sure seems like one to me  :-)

Thanks. I have tracked down someone, sent them an e-mail and am wating for a
reply.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
What is it with this curiosity business, anyway?

Tony5726 (14)

Pivot table problems since the install of KB973475
Excel Office Prof. 2003 in Windows XP Prior to the installation of KB973475 we had no problems but now 1. when we add data to a pivot table and go to create a pivot chart report - when prompted to reselect the critira, excel crashes 2. working in a regular excel sheet, wanting to consoidate information, (retrieving data from a pivot table) excel crashes removing KB973475 allows these actions to complete without issue. But as soon as it is installed we have problems. I have read through the FAQ and the Vulnerability Info for KB973475 but do not see what would be a solution ...

How do I calculate interest?
I want to create a spreadsheet that shows my kids the power of compounded interest. I want to show them what regular deposits against a specific monthly interest rate results in, at the end of the year. I want to have the interest rate in cell A1 and starting in row 5, in column A I have the date of deposit and in column B I have the deposited amount. Then I want to have a total that calculates the updated balance including the compounded interest rate each month. Any suggestions? TIA! Robert "darkwing_duck" <rbrown999@gmail.com> wrote: > I want to show them...

vba problem
All Using formula to check date in a cell when opening workbook. Nb: A1 = today() if prior to 01/11/2006 ok no changes if equal to or after the 01/11/2006 then not ok and hide all sheets bar one called contact. It only works if exact match i.e. if date on sheet is 01/11/2006 If Sheets("Menu").Range("A1") = "01/11/2006" Then hide sheets and reveal contact The equal sign = being the key When I try >= is grater than or equal to regardless of date (I.e. 31/10/2006 ) still hides sheets!!! HELP!!! Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Sheets("Menu")...

A SetFont problem
Hi all, I have a question about SetFont. Now I create a class that is derived from CWnd, and use SetFont to set a font to it. Then I override the Paint function to display the content I want. The problem happens there, no matter what font I set, when I draw the text in Paint, it display with the same font, I think it is the system font. How can I make the SetFont work? Thanks in advance Vincent Just make sure that the CFont object that you pass to SetFont() is not a local stack object that will get destroyed when your function exits. Make it a member variable of your derived CWnd c...

Problem in Outlook after installing XP Professional
I installed XP Professional and when starting Outlook I get the following error message 6 or 7 times. "Procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL". After these are passed everything seems to work OK, but the messages resurface every time I start Outlook. Any suggestion what is causing the problem? Thanks for you help!!! Mr Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I installed XP Professional and when starting Outlook I > get the following error message 6 or 7 times. "Procedure > entry point GetIU...

Outlook 2003 Calendar sharing Privacy problems
On Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003, any user can check on other users availability without permission. Is this an error or a fix is on the way? The permission does not work and the menus under the Administration tab is grayed out. David A wrote: > On Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003, any user can check on other users > availability without permission. Is this an error or a fix is on the > way? The permission does not work and the menus under the > Administration tab is grayed out. Exchange "out of the box" doesn't allow this, so it sounds like someone may have mista...

sound problem
I have no sound when I go to the internet but do have sound when testing the speakers and can watch and hear a movie, I have Windows Vista and not sure what happen, help. Try re-installing the driver for your sound card. -- Americano TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY http://www.vistax64.com/images/styles/vista/buttons/reputation.gif -*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*- On Fri, 7 May 2010 21:51:01 -0700, izzy <izzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have no sound when I go to the internet but do have sound ...

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

No-Interest, No-Payments
I apologize if this is a duplicate message, but this message didn't seem to post from my office. I've been fighting with this all weekend, and I can't find a solution. Is it possible to track individual purchases in Money 2003 that have a no-interest with or without payment options? For example, Home Depot has a special offer where any purchases totaling $299 or more using the Home Depot credit card is interest/payment free for 6 months from the date of purchase. I have made two such purchases (one in March, and one in June), but I can't seem to track them individu...

hotmail problems in WLM and Outlook connector
I have 2 hotmail accounts which i access on 2 home pcs using outlook connector and Windows Live Mail In the last few days one account has stopped working on both mail applications, while the other works fine. I am able to access the problem account directly through explorer or via my blackberry, and the account is working normally, I just can't access it through mail programs. I use Trend Micro on both machines, though I have not changed any settings. I have also made sure passwords etc are correct. Any ideas? WLM error message below. Unable to send or receive messages for ...

Problems with static build
Hello I'm having difficulties creating an ocx with no dependencies on mfc42.dll & msvcrt.dll. Since I have my general settings set to use mfc in a static library and am not using any other dll's, I'm wondering if an object library could be bringing in these dependencies? When I set my c++/code generation/run-time library set to multithreaded I get lots of link errors of the form MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in libcmt.lib(free.obj) If I remove a 3rd party library then the above error disappears - though the link fails because of unresolveds. ...

Problem installing
I have an older copy of Money (3.0) that I attempted to install on a ME machine. Installation starts , then error comes up stating, can't find file msetup.EXE on system. I had this installed on my older 98 machine and it installed no problem. Any solutions out there? ...

interesting
From: "married ox leafy" <john@eircom.com> Subject: Re: problem in folder option Date: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 10:41 AM just keep trying of could try presssing the enter button by the way i'm a woman "sunil" <sunil100ni100@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uJHa3YCZKHA.2172@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > dear sir/medem > please help me,on the matter of windows > troubleshooting.. > sir my folder option is hide from my operating system ,pls tell me how can > i > repair it by any mothed or using third party tool...

Linking and Emebbing Problems...HELP!!!
Hi I'm using Office Xp and for some reason everytime i open Excel it comes up with the error message "cannot use object linking and embedding" can anyone help who has had this problem, I have uninstalled the software.. removed the registy key and the program file... but still doesn't work.. i have installed SP2 for Office XP... never resolved the problem!!!I have had a look at Technet.com... nothing on there regarding this problem. Please help i'm slightly stuck! Thank you In advance Paul Foster Its Ok solved the problem Forgot to take excel.exe out of the reg...

Application Problems
I'm having trouble opening any Office 2004 Mac application. I've restarted multiple times, I've downloaded the software again but it still won't work. The applications try to start but then stop. Any suggestions? In article <721D46CD-7C44-46B3-9128-620B61690297@microsoft.com>, jnumac <jnumac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble opening any Office 2004 Mac application. I've restarted > multiple times, I've downloaded the software again but it still won't work. > The applications try to start but then stop. Any s...

Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem
What is the problem? Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Thread-Topic: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >thread-index: AcPkT4Nm/AUXYOifThSzZVjctNmBhg== >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.outlook >From: "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYmkgVHJpbWFyY28=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >Subject: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:01:05 -0800 >Lines: 0 >Message-ID: <A3EC577E-3494-4F67-AFEF-464A82A2EF99@microsoft...

Is it a SQL 2008 or VB 2008 problem? I don't know
Hello, I know I ask this question in early December. I thought I had solved my problem but it is always present. I have created an application with Visual Basic2005 Standard Edition 2 years ago. The application imports CSV files in the database. The application is connecting to the database that I made it with SQL Server 2005. This is the connection string: Data Source=XXX; Initial Catalog=YYY; Integrated Security=SSPI; Pooling=true; The application uses the TransactionScope class this way with no problem: Using Scope As New Transactions.TransactionScope(Transactions.Tr...

Problem with code
Dear all please see below a previous post made and a resolution posted however this code is returning an error. Can anyone see where this error is. Also do I paste this code into a module or not Thank Ada --------------------------------- Hi, Adam Not impossible at all. Why not date-stamp each use entry in a column for each data entry row, so you ca create a little macro to clear all old dates something like Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Su If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("C1:C5")) Is Nothing Then Exit Su Application.En...

Interest
Greetings! How should I update the interest owed on a student loan. The interest that Money has calculated is completely off b/c I just now put the loan into Money, but have actually had the loan for quite some time. Should I do an account adjustment? If I do this, will Money think I am changing the principal? I'd appreciate any help concerning this matter! Uchenna ...

Money 2005 OFX Bank Download Problem
I've scoured this listserve and am still not finding a solution to the problem. I use First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust and I am no longer able to download their OFX data file into Money 2005. I get some sort of a "corrupted file" error message. I've deleted Temp Internet Files, rebooted the computer, etc. and nothing is working. Is there a fix to the program, or some sequence of commands I need to do to solve this? Could Symantec Anti-Virus also be causing this? Help! ...

Continuous form problem
I have a imgPencil on a continuous form. OnCurrentEvent is set to: If Me.txtActivityType = 22 Then Me.imgPencil.Visible = True Else Me.imgPencil.Visible = False End If The above code works fine on a Single Form. Is there a way to get it work on a continuous form without affecting all the other records? Thanks! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201005/1 No. While it may look as though you've got, say, 20 different occurrences of ...

smtp virtual server setting problem ?
dear MVP if i want to configure a SMTP virtual server to forward unresolved messages to a smart host ? how can do this ? coz my office exchane have a domain can't send a email to a customer , if use ISP smtp server is ok my exchange show some error in "QUEUES " " the connection was droppted due to an smtp protocol event sink " i check all smtp setting , haven't denny this IP & domain ,i already accept that domain to a trusted site and then antivirus also make that domain to "approved sender" pls help me thx There are this articles about your issue...

Calendar server problem
WTF is wrong with the calendar.office.microsoft.com server??? Mid December 2009 things started to go south. Repeated appearance of login dialogue boxes when the automatic updates of my published calendar occurred. Appearance of error dialogue boxes: "The update of "calendar" failed." No one seems to have an answer although many posts indicate that this problem is widespread. Why can't I find any information on this from Microsoft?? If someone from Microsoft sees this post, PLEASE post an explanation on Live ID and Microsoft Online Office webpages!!!...

Outlook signature problem
I have tested below code, and it is work allright in html file, but when i insert to outlook signature, when i click ok, it jump a pop window and require a exe file path, any one can assist me on this ? Really appreciated for any help . Because of code <> doesn't show here, so i replaceed with (). (HTML)(HEAD)(TITLE).:: Track & Trace ::.(/TITLE)(/HEAD) (BODY) (FORM target="_blank" id=Form1 name=Form1 action=http://tt.eculine.net/index.aspx method=post)(INPUT type=hidden value=dDwtMTU2NzI1MDgzNTs7Pq5dcx9lge6d9qfHr7/OUvl7P/3q name=__VIEWSTATE) (TABLE height="1...

Problems with tooltips
I've got a property sheet modal dialog, and I've added tooltips to all the controls, using the CToolTipCtrl. Everything is working great, except combo boxes! I can't get the tooltip to display for a combo box. I suppose I could give AddTool a rect structure, rather than a pointer to the control, but I'm curious why its not working the way it is. Russ Dirks ...