insufficient memory or disk space

I have Windox xp and outlook xp. whenever I try to sent
out and email from Outlook I get the error "insufficient
memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested
font". It doesnt allow me to type anything else nor does
it display the text in the email. I tried looking in the
KB and search the newsgroups but to no avail. Can you
please help me by pointing me in the right direction.
Thanks you help is greatly appreciated.

anonymous (74721)

Problem opening Workflow Manager (insufficient privileges)
Hi, I get a message when attempting to run the CRM Workflow Manager on the CRM server: You do not have sufficent Microsoft CRM privileges to run the Workflow Manager. After clicking OK, the program exists and returns to the desktop. Any ideas? Cheers Chris I had the same problem and found the asnwer was to do with the .srf application mapping. MBS have been kind enough to turn the problem into an article and here it is TechKnowledge Error "Specified Microsoft CRM Server is Not Responding" When Opening the Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor ...

Exporting Excel Spreadsheet to a Space Delimited File
I am trying to export a file from Excel to a space delimited text forma (.prn), and the spreadsheet contains about 530 characters per row. Whe I try to save this as a .prn file, it wraps all data past the 240t character, to the next line. Is there a way to export a file from Excel to a space delimited tex format without it wrapping? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx, T -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",5),5) &a...

Selecting Specific Storage Pool Disks or Co-Locate on Custom Disk
Working with DPM2010, we've tried setting up multiple iSCSI disks in the DPM Storage Pool. These different disks need to be chosen according to what data is being backed up. Is there a Powershell option to select which of the Storage Pool disks the data should be stored too (There isn't a gui option), leveraging the "auto provisioning" function of the product? If not, and this function can only be achived by making custom disks, does the ability exist to "co-locate" data on a custom disk? In summary, there is a need to have a simple way to s...

New Disk storage

Has anyone seen a memory leak in the OnMouseMove handler
I have a MDI application that does some basic drawing with the mouse. Nothing fancy. At the top of the OnMouseMove routine, I check to make sure my app has the capture before doing anything. In testing I noticed that memory usage slowly increases just moving the mouse around, even when my app doesn't have the capture.... Suspicious, I replace the entire OnMouseMove with a single "return" statement: void CXsOsView::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { return; } and the memory utilization continued to go up when the mouse would move in my application window. I&#...

outlook CPU/memory issues
Hi, I have read through many of the posts and found similar problems, but not quite the same. I have a new PC running vista & office small business 2007. when I launch outlook, the system uses nearly all CPU and memory resources. The big culprits are outlook.exe, sql server, and the search indexing applications. I have disabled indexing all outlook information. This a new PC (intel core 2 duo, 2 gigs ram, etc - high end) but I can't type an e-mail, since it cannot keep up with my tying. It's been craning this way for 8-10 hours, since opening outlook. I have all of my...

Insufficient Privileges
We upgraded to CRM 3.0. A user with a Customer Service Representative security role is attempting to add a new account. However, they receive an error regarding insufficient privileges. I edited the security role to include full access on Accounts. They rebooted after this change and are still receiving the same error. What gives??? Please advise. Thanks! Cayla Not sure if this applied to 3.0, but I found it to be true in 1.2. Sometimes, when changing security rights "on the fly", the security services would get hosed. I rebooted the CRM server to correct the issue and f...

Publisher memory leak?
We are heavy users of MS Publisher 2003. I note that when a long session includes opening a number of publisher documents, importing sections from one to another, tuning graphics . . . that an error message often appears saying the the "Memory is full." This occurs on a system with 1GB ram, fully up to date Win XP Home running on a six month old Sony Sony system. Each instance of publisher may have as a maximum, a file open of 50-100 mb. Typically no more than two or three instances are open. Any advice . . . other than shut everything down and reboot? John Blair On Sun,...

Sockets Help, Big Memory Leak
Folks, I have a simple class CListeningSock that derives from CSocket. It listens for connections on a port, and creates a new socket (of type CWorkSocket also derived from CSocket) to deal with each connection. I have overridden the CListeningSock::OnAccept() to create an instance of CWorkSocket to deal with comms I have overridden the CWorkSocket::OnReceive() to recieve ONE message and then call the CWorkSocket:Send() to send a response. I finally override the CWorkSocket::OnClose() to cleanup and delete memory. It all works fine however, there is a memory leak (somewhere between 2 and 4K)...

Memory increases linearly
Hi, I've a strange problem with my application. After a few minutes working, my applications memory usage and VM size( shown in Task Manager) increases very rapidly(say 3MB per sec). With in a few minute it reaches maximum and application hangs. The application is a real time data acquisition tool which allocated and deleted memory continuously. This problem is observed only when gflags is enabled for the application. For enabling this flag, we uses pageheap.exe from microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q264471/ Is this an expected behaviour with pageheap? I couldn't find a...

Insufficient permissions
We have SSRS 2005 integrated with MOSS 2007. As of this morning one user can no longer run reports. Every report results in the exception pasted below. Strangely, this same error has been appearing in the log files for that last two weeks for a number of users but none of them have any problem viewing reports. All permissions in SQL and in MOSS are based on AD groups. There are no per-user permissions anywhere - yet this one user can't view reports. I've tested his account on different machines, different browsers, different reports; no luck. I've configured S...

More Space ?
In a spreadsheet I'm using I have run out of columns. Is there a way of increasing the number of columns in a spreadsheet? I'm using Office 97? Thanks in advance, Mike Unfortunatly there is no -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Well that sucks! But thanks for the info :) "kraljb >" <<kraljb.1cp5pp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kraljb.1cp5pp@excelforum-nospam.com... > Unfortunatly there is not > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

MsOutlook alocated too much memory, but..!
Like I say, when my MsOutlook started - it's alocated more than 150MB phisycal memory.Summary size of files .pst and o.ost is 30MB -size of this files it doesn't mater - I checked. But! When I minimize MsOutlook - then the outlook.exe process keep just only 20-40 MB AND maximize window dont alocate more RAM memory -it's still 20-40MB and i have ~100MB more free phisical memory WTF? when I have 15 users conected to Ms Terminal Server and they use MsOutlook it is a very serious problem for me - they need to use the MsOutlook- a can't kick it out :/ PS MsOutlook use work wi...

Memory error
I have transferred Publisher 2000 to my new system (using Vista), but when trying to print (HP Photosmart 7960) a couple of docs I'd printed on my old system without any problem I'm receiving the message "One or more of the pictures in your publication required too much memory to print rotated at full resolution. Publisher has used a slightly lower resolution to print the image." Half of my document is printing fine, but the other half - the one at a "slightly lower resolution" - isn't printing at all. I know I have plenty of system RAM, so is this a ...

insufficient authorization error message on Portal Field Service Suite
I have a user that was just set up to use the Field Service Suite on the portal. He can see the list of service orders but when he clicks on one in the notes section it is giving an error message of "Insufficient authorization to perform this action.". I made sure he is a member of the service customer and returns customer groups and his entity is setup as a customer as well as the service customer self and returns customer self roles. Is there another place I need to add them? Robert Fann Omni Packaging ------=_NextPart_0001_DF979967 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Tran...

Running out of space
We have a 60GIG HDD in our server SCSI. My SQL Data folder is now 34GIG. It is not feasible to delete any records. How can I check to see if any of the data allocated can be regained such as history or temporary files? How can I check to see where the space is allocated? Can I export old contacts out and import into CRM? You need to make sure you are properly running database maintenance plans. Most likely your SQL Transaction Logs have completely filled up the hard drive. You should consult some books on SQL Server backup best practices. "KMD" <KMD@discussions.mic...

Weird memory leak
The MFC Wordpad sample seems fine when you use MFC in a shared DLL (Project>Settings>General), but when I use MFC in a static library, there seems to be a small memory leak: Open a document, search for a string (Edit>Search), then close the application. Some memory that held the search string seems not to have been deallocated. I see the same thing in a couple of my own programs that use this Search & Replace dialog. (The event that causes the problem is the same, but it occurs at various places in the sequence of allocations, so it's difficult to find exactly which code is le...

Out of memory #2
I have a worksheet with several macros. When I cycle through them on my fifth attempt I get the message "out of memory". Is there any way I can avoid this problem beside exiting and relaunching excel. Regards, Harry -- Harrymo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Harrymo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30620 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504800 Harry, Rewrite the macros? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Har...

additional exchage in a shared address space / install question
Hello Group! I am about to run out of space on my exchange server, so I came here for an advice. I have 3 physical locations Location 1 - Headquarters (50 Users in the workgroup environment) Location 2 - Remote Site (10 Users Domain Environment with Exchange) Location 3 - Remote Site (7 Users Domain Environment) I have a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel between Location 2 and 3. I am in a single Active Directory 2003 forest with a single domain (mycompany.local) DC at the location 2 holds all 5 FSMO roles. Exchange 2003 Enterprise is configured on the same server. Users from 2nd location run...

RFX_Text and trailing spaces
Hello, Rfx as below, removes trailing spaces, I need to keep the trailing spaces intact. How can I achieve this? RFX_Text(pFX, _T("[DESC3]"), m_DESC3); Thanks. The CDatabase class has a public BOOL member named m_bStripTrailingSpaces. Set this to false before opening your recordset, and it should prevent the trimming of spaces. In article <#RIqKjZwDHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Charles C. says... > Rfx as below, removes trailing spaces, I need to keep the trailing spaces > intact. > How can I achieve this? > > RFX_Text(pFX, _T("[DESC3]"), m...

Insufficient Permission
Does any one know the minimal set of permissions required to run report wizard? - i seem to get the error message 'Insufficient Permissions' when anyone but a system administrator tries to run the Report Wizard. I dont use all entities, for example invoice, orders, quote, at all in the system, but do these still need to be set to read? - i dont want to do this because i want to hide these entities from end user views. Although i dont use all entities, for those that i do, i have set them to read at user level - but still no joy! -- CRM Consultant Did you, by any chance upgrad...

5.5 database does not release free space
I've 5.5 Std on NT and a 16 Gb database. :( After many users reduced their mailboxes using .pst and released at least 2Gb, I can't obtain free space doing eseutil /d commands I've already backed-up the database and restarted and no good news Any Idea ? I'm considering to upgrade to 5.5 Enterprise. (When i discover how to obtain the software) Thanks Germa On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:01:11 +0200, "GG" <germaguerra@hotmail.com> wrote: >I've 5.5 Std on NT and a 16 Gb database. :( > >After many users reduced their mailboxes using .pst and released ...

give a DLL access to 'my' memory
I have a main executable and a DLL. Is it possible to create an instance of a complex class in my main application then load a DLL, pass a pointer to the complex class instance into the DLL and let the DLL work on the object? ... it makes sense only if your Dll knows what kind object it is handling.. in other words your Dll should know and compile against the class definition of the object you are passing. -SM On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:10:53 +0100, "GT" <ContactGT_rem_ove_this_@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a main executable and a DLL. Is it possible to create an instanc...

Excel 2003 -insufficient Resources
I have just inserted a series of 8 calculated fields using sumproduct into a spreadsheet which references a closed workbook and have now been given the error - "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications" Any bright ideas on how to make additional resources available as there are no other applications open. Any help would be appreciated BJthebear Here is a link to info on memory, speed and calculation. http://www.decisionmodels.com/index.htm Wtihout seeing your formulas it is hard to comment further. ...

How to start an exe already in memory ?
Hi: If I download an exe into a buffer (array of bytes), is there a way to run this exe directly without first writing the buffer into a disk file and then start the exe using the normal way (CreateProcess etc) ? Thanks Polaris Not that I am aware of. You have to have a file from which the data is loaded, and note that as long as it is executing, the OS may go back to the file to retrieve pages when necessary, or resources. joe On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:30:24 -0700, "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi: > >If I download an exe into a buffer (array of ...