Install new seat of 2003

As a stop gap, I installed my existing seat/license of 2003 on a new
additional machine until I get
a second seat.  When it arrives, should I just install over that
installation and activate, or first uninstall.  (I think that makes
sense?!)
0
bjork57 (4)

bjork57@hickorytech.net <bjork57@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> As a stop gap, I installed my existing seat/license of 2003 on a new
> additional machine until I get
> a second seat.  When it arrives, should I just install over that
> installation and activate, or first uninstall.  (I think that makes
> sense?!)

Depends on whether or not it's a retail or an OEM license.
--
Brian Tillman
0
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>bjork57@hickorytech.net <bjork57@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
>> As a stop gap, I installed my existing seat/license of 2003 on a new
>> additional machine until I get
>> a second seat.  When it arrives, should I just install over that
>> installation and activate, or first uninstall.  (I think that makes
>> sense?!)
>
>Depends on whether or not it's a retail or an OEM license.

It's a retail license Brian.
0
bjork57 (4)
8/29/2006 1:03:37 AM
bjork57@hickorytech.net <bjork57@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> It's a retail license Brian.

The retail license EULA for Office (or Outlook) says you can install it on
one desktop and one laptop, both owned by the same person.  You can't
install it on two desktops or two laptops.  You can also move either of
those license off the PC on which it was originally installed to another
whose purpose matches the original.  So, if you sell or otherwise replace
the desktop machine, you can install it on the new one and similarly for the
laptop.  If you have some other kind of license agreement, then other terms
will apply, of course.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

Hyperlink to Open in a New Window
I'm really hoping someone can help me. I've created a web page with hyperlinks. The hyperlinks work, but I need them to open in a new window. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this, but I'm sure there is a way. Thank you so much in advance. Damon -- mojave250 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mojave250's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=8287 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1826078 http://www.officehelp.in Reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/H...

outlook 2003 #69
i have problem sending messages from pop3 accounts in outook 2003 when i configure exchange server for intranet, even when i select pop3 account as defalut account and exchage is second option, if i select pop3 account as default then i am unable to send messages local exchange server, if i configure the same in outlook xp then every thing is ok pop3 and exchange any body can help me to solve this problem or it is a bug in outlook 2003 Configure the account (POP3 or Exchange) that you use the most as the default. When you want to send using the other account, select that account from...

Value Pak Installer

Copy Excel Custom Menus to New Computer
Hi Can anyone tell me if I can copy my Custom menus from excel 2003 to my new computer and how to do it. regards Iain Will you be doing a full install of Office on your new computer? If not, pick out the parts that pertain to your question(the *.XLB file mainly) You thought this was going to be easy, didn't you?<g> Toolbar and Menu customizations are stored in your xxxxxx.XLB file where xxxxxx is version-dependent name. Excel 97.....username.xlb Excel 2000...Excel9.xlb Excel 2002...Excel10.xlb Excel 2003...Excel11.xlb Note: there may be other customizations you want to...

Installation #4

Outlook 2003 Deleting Deleted Items!
This annoying problem is driving me nuts! I'm running Outlook 2003 w/SP1 (Exchange 2000) on Windows 2000 Pro w/SP4. Recently, Outlook has been automatically emptying my Deleted Items folder to Recover Deleted Items! I've checked my Rules as well as AutoArchive settings but can't find the cause of these mysterious deletions. The problem persists even after I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 Pro. Actually after I did this, Outlook behaved itself for a whole day but the problem returned the next. Sometimes after recovering my deleted items, I can find my Deleted Item...

Access 2003 functions
I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have a geometric mean function. I can do it using common logarithims and anitlogarithims, but I can only find a natural logarithim function and an exp function that also is based on natural logs. Without going into excel, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Chris U�ytkownik "crhiggins" <crhiggins@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:A7BF21FF-F298-4983-8C03-F34A23E6B2FF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have >a > g...

Exchange 2003 ESM errors
when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System Manager I am receiving the following error; The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; tim Tim, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125 E "TimW" <tim.watson@republink.com> wrote in message news:05a501c3c34e$ca07a570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System > Manager I am receiving the following error; &...

The New Release of RMS
When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I am pretty sure that didn't happen! -- Thank You Vince :) I think July of 2007 is when 2.0 was released to the public. I havent even read anything about new features and such of 3.00. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:ED6C522B-8E7B-4018-9F23-CD78CE32C500@microsoft.com... > When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners > were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I ...

Installer for my access application

Outlook 2003 / BCM
When you pull up the Opportunities page in Outlook 2003 / BCM - it sorts the stages alphabetically - (e.g. Closed Lost, Negotiation etc.). Is there a way for the view to open with the stages sorted by "stage" - (e.g. Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, etc.)? Please advise, BSW ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

how to sync my blackberry 7100 with outlook 2003
Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync with my new blackberry but now it say on the 2003 says that no application selected. Ask RIM - it is their problem to solve as Microsoft has nothing to do with Blackberries other than using them. They do not write their software. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, davidwshipley asked: | Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync w...

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...

Export comments to new column
Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet with over 2000 rows, the first column has some text and most of the cells have 'comments'. I need to export this comments to a new column. How can this be done without copy/pasting each one individually ? (The column is to the right of the one that has the text and comments). Thanks Alejandro Saved from a previous post: You can retrieve the text from a comment with a userdefined function like: Option Explicit Function GetComment(FCell As Range) As Variant Application.Volatile Set FCell = FCell(1) If FCell.Comment Is Nothin...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...