Inserting text from a .txt file

I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook
Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get.

Anyway, here is my question:  How do I insert the text from a text file into
my e-mail document.  I am using the rtf editor.

thank you,
~alan

copy/paste?

"~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook
> Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get.
>
> Anyway, here is my question:  How do I insert the text from a text file
into
> my e-mail document.  I am using the rtf editor.
>
> thank you,
> ~alan

0
jo_ratner (12)
4/22/2004 5:22:15 PM
That's to bad.  OE and many other apps will allow me to SIMPLY insert or
import text from file.

~alan

"Jo" <jo_ratner@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> copy/paste?
>
> "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook
> > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get.
> >
> > Anyway, here is my question:  How do I insert the text from a text file
> into
> > my e-mail document.  I am using the rtf editor.
> >
> > thank you,
> > ~alan

"SIMPLY"
I didn't realize that copy/paste was DIFFICULT... have you tried just
clicking on the "Insert" option in a new message??

> That's to bad.  OE and many other apps will allow me to SIMPLY insert or
> import text from file.
>
> ~alan
>

> "Jo" <jo_ratner@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > copy/paste?
> >
> > "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from
Outlook
> > > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get.
> > >
> > > Anyway, here is my question:  How do I insert the text from a text
file
> > into
> > > my e-mail document.  I am using the rtf editor.
> > >
> > > thank you,
> > > ~alan

0
jo_ratner (12)
4/22/2004 7:14:13 PM
Yeah, I did, actually.  All it did was attach the file as an attachment.  As
far as it being difficult, obviously it's not.  It's just inconvenient to
have to open another app, load the file, copy, close the file, then paste.
I know I can just click on the file to open and load it, but being able to
"insert or import text from file" is so much easier and faster and
convenient and simple.

Thanks anyway,

> "SIMPLY"
> I didn't realize that copy/paste was DIFFICULT... have you tried just
> clicking on the "Insert" option in a new message??
>
> "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > That's to bad.  OE and many other apps will allow me to SIMPLY insert or
> > import text from file.
> >
> > ~alan
> >

> > "Jo" <jo_ratner@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > copy/paste?
> > >
> > > "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Outlook

> file
> > > into

On 23/04/04 05:46  ~~Alan~~  posted the following :

> Yeah, I did, actually.  All it did was attach the file as an attachment.  As
> far as it being difficult, obviously it's not.  It's just inconvenient to
> have to open another app, load the file, copy, close the file, then paste.
> I know I can just click on the file to open and load it, but being able to
> "insert or import text from file" is so much easier and faster and
> convenient and simple.

Using the Insert File command, browse to the text file you want, and
then click on the little down arrow next to the Insert button, and you
will have the option to insert as either an attachment or as text.

Cheers
Klaas

0
kavnet (2)
4/23/2004 10:29:22 AM
On 23/04/04 05:46  ~~Alan~~  posted the following :

> Yeah, I did, actually.  All it did was attach the file as an attachment.  As
> far as it being difficult, obviously it's not.  It's just inconvenient to
> have to open another app, load the file, copy, close the file, then paste.
> I know I can just click on the file to open and load it, but being able to
> "insert or import text from file" is so much easier and faster and
> convenient and simple.

Using the Insert File command, browse to the text file you want, and
then click on the little down arrow next to the Insert button, and you
will have the option to insert as either an attachment or as text.

Cheers
Klaas

0
kavnet (2)
4/23/2004 10:29:22 AM
Thank you for this information.  I appreciate your efforts.

~alan

"Klaas Visser" <kavnet@kavisser.net> wrote in message
> On 23/04/04 05:46  ~~Alan~~  posted the following :
>

> > Yeah, I did, actually.  All it did was attach the file as an attachment.
As
> > far as it being difficult, obviously it's not.  It's just inconvenient
> > have to open another app, load the file, copy, close the file, then
paste.
> > I know I can just click on the file to open and load it, but being able
> > "insert or import text from file" is so much easier and faster and
> > convenient and simple.
>
> Using the Insert File command, browse to the text file you want, and
> then click on the little down arrow next to the Insert button, and you
> will have the option to insert as either an attachment or as text.
>
> Cheers
> Klaas

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Reading XML files on WebServer
Hi, I am wanting to read an XML file sitting on a server and am wondering if I will run into problems with firewalls and/or proxy servers using the following simple bit of code: XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.myserver.com/myxmlfile.xml"); It works fine with my interent connection. If some of the users are behind a proxy server it may cause a problem. Especially authentication proxy server. If you concern about these circumstances I suggest creating a WebRequest object and set the correct credentials, proxy server and then get the WebResponse objec...

What driver to use to filter a datbase (.txt) on Notepad?
I want to filter a database (txt.) on Notepad. On the "create data source" page I don't know what driver to select. "spenceless" <spenceless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ABFF296-E21A-40FD-8655-144422D68367@microsoft.com... >I want to filter a database (txt.) on Notepad. On the "create data source" > page I don't know what driver to select. Why not just import it into Excel? ...

Insert trigger

Auto correct text changes
I am editing a document in word 2007 that has been saved in compatible mode. Whe I try to turn one heading into italics or bold it changes all the headings in the document to the same formatiing. Can any one help me to stop this happening. If I then press undo all the other changes revert back and not the one I have just made. I can't keep pressing undo everytime I make a change. I just want it to change the words I am highlighting See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "David Rudman"...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

inserting hrs and minutes

how do I filter on text format in Excel?
I have a workbook containing text that I wish to filter based on the format of some words. IOW, for instance, all records (rows) with cells containing text of a certain font color, or perhaps characters with the strikethrough mark. I'm relatively familiar with advanced filtering, but this appears to be something requiring a "filter by formula". Does anyone have any experience in this area? It is not in any built in function in Excel only way this would be possible would be to use a UDF (a function written using VBA) in a help column and then filtger on that help column pl...

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Insert with a where condition

Max size of OST files
Hi all, I'm making this post on behalf of a friend. They have a single Exchange2000 server. Not sure if it's SBS or Exchange2000 Std. There are approx 20 mailboxes on this server. The users all use Outlook 2003 (SP3) as their mail client and Outlook's account type is Exchange and not POP3 or IMAP. One of the users mailboxes is approx 6Gb in size. What they would like to do is use offline mode to create a .ost file of this persons mailbox for his laptop however the file limit on ost files appears to be 2Gb. We did find a MS k/b article that explained how to create the requi...

Insert

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

text field validation 12-07-04
I am trying to create an validate event for Text fields on CRMAccount address fields. Whenever you try to change the values of these fields, it should alert the message. Here is the code like: In sfa\accts\acct_cont.js file, under window.OnLoad function: function window.onload() { ..... .... try { crmForm.address1_line1.onblur = validate; } catch (e) { alert("Error: " + e.message); } } function validate() { if (crmForm.ownerid.value == "{669282E2-2725-47A1-8234-3BD107C49487}") { alert("Not a authorized user. Please notify ...

Link to file in HTML Viewer or IWebBrowser2 control problem
Hi, I am working with an HTML viewer dialog by using Paul DiLascia's CHtmlCtrl class from his article in the January 2000 of Microsoft's Systems Journal. I also added the WebBrowser ActiveX control directly. The html code I am trying to load in each case (CHtmlCtrl and WebBrowser) contains a hyperlink to a JPEG file in the current directory. I load the html code as a resource and also I set it directly as a string. In both cases (and with boths control approaches) the result of clicking the Jpeg hyperlink is a blank page in Internet Explorer with the string "about:blankCOMMAND....

Enable Command Button After Entering Text
I am a beginner with Excel VBA programming and would greatly appreciate any advice on how to accomplish the following. I created a user form with three text boxes (txtName, txtDescription, txtProcess) and two command buttons (cmdAdd, cmdCancel). I do not want the cmdAdd button enabled until a user enters valid text into both the txtName AND txtDescription text boxes. I have the Enabled property for the cmdAdd button set to False. How and where do I code the procedure to set the cmdAdd control's Enabled property to True as soon as the user has entered valid text in BOTH the txtNa...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...