re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
**
File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
 then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
 Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
If it clicked,
we can see three options as follows:
 **
    Insert
   Insert as text
   Insert as Attachment
I can not recognize/understand the difference
       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
***
What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?

I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
japan2001a (23)

No difference - Insert is the default setting. In a few cases with some file
types, Insert may insert the item as an object and you need to use the as
attachment option to insert an attachment.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
> On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
> **
> File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
> then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
> Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
> If it clicked,
> we can see three options as follows:
> **
>    Insert
>   Insert as text
>   Insert as Attachment
> I can not recognize/understand the difference
>       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
> ***
> What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?
>
> I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
info2937 (567)
6/16/2004 7:52:40 PM
Thanks.
Would you kindly give me some example :
(What kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object?)
 I tried to test; *.bmp, jpg, gif, xls, doc, .... in vain to find special
file-types.
  What a few cases they are!
*** If I understand/know special conditions, then I would not fall into trap.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <info@cdolive.com> wrote in message
> No difference - Insert is the default setting.
>  In a few cases with some file
> types, Insert may insert the item as an object
  Would you kindly give me some example :
  what kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object.
  ***  If I understand special conditions, then I will not fall into trap.**
> and you need to use the as  attachment option
>  to insert an attachment.
  Sure,  I would  use "Insert as Attachment " from now on.
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
>
> "Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
> > On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
> > **
> > File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
> > then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
> > Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
> > If it clicked,
> > we can see three options as follows:
> > **
> >    Insert
> >   Insert as text
> >   Insert as Attachment
> > I can not recognize/understand the difference
> >       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
> > ***
> > What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?
> > I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
japan2001a (23)
6/16/2004 10:01:06 PM
the vast majority will insert as attachments, 100% will if you use HTML and
plain text, so don't worry about it.

--

> Thanks.
> Would you kindly give me some example :
> (What kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object?)
> I tried to test; *.bmp, jpg, gif, xls, doc, .... in vain to find special
> file-types.
>  What a few cases they are!
> *** If I understand/know special conditions, then I would not fall into
> trap.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <info@cdolive.com> wrote in message
>> No difference - Insert is the default setting.
>>  In a few cases with some file
>> types, Insert may insert the item as an object
>  Would you kindly give me some example :
>  what kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object.
>  ***  If I understand special conditions, then I will not fall into
> trap.**
>> and you need to use the as  attachment option
>>  to insert an attachment.
>  Sure,  I would  use "Insert as Attachment " from now on.
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
>> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
>>
>> "Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > re: "Outlook2003, File-Insert-Options"
>> > On making new-email with Attachment-File(s),
>> > **
>> > File Menu | Insert | File >>> (Brows and select File to insert )
>> > then we can see the button "Insert", and write side
>> > Drop Down Arrow lower-right side of Dialog Box;
>> > If it clicked,
>> > we can see three options as follows:
>> > **
>> >    Insert
>> >   Insert as text
>> >   Insert as Attachment
>> > I can not recognize/understand the difference
>> >       between "Insert" and "Insert as Attachment"
>> > ***
>> > What is the difference between Insert and Insert As Attachment ?
>> > I would appreciate your help in Advance.

0
info2937 (567)
6/17/2004 12:15:40 AM
Hi! Diane,

Thanks again for your help!
(Of course, very quick & great response as well.)

Yujiro.

> the vast majority will insert as attachments, 100% will if you use HTML and
> plain text, so don't worry about it.
>
> --
>

> "Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.
> > Would you kindly give me some example :
> > (What kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object?)
> > I tried to test; *.bmp, jpg, gif, xls, doc, .... in vain to find special
> > file-types.
> >  What a few cases they are!
> > *** If I understand/know special conditions, then I would not fall into
> > trap.
> >

> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <info@cdolive.com> wrote in message
> >> No difference - Insert is the default setting.
> >>  In a few cases with some file
> >> types, Insert may insert the item as an object
> >  Would you kindly give me some example :
> >  what kinds of file types are to be inserted  as an object.
> >  ***  If I understand special conditions, then I will not fall into
> > trap.**
> >> and you need to use the as  attachment option
> >>  to insert an attachment.
> >  Sure,  I would  use "Insert as Attachment " from now on.
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
> >> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
> >>
> >> "Oda Yujiro" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
japan2001a (23)

There is no change to Print (from web format) in my file menu.
I am attempting to change a file from web format to print document format. Your help response is to click on "change to print" in the file menu. This option is not in my file menu. Can you help? ...

Opening xml file in excel
Hello, When a xml file is opened in excel, a dialog is displayed asking [to open with stylesheet or do not open with stylesheet]. When the file is opened in vb this dialog is not shown. How to open a xml file in vb applying the stylesheet. thanks Menon ...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Reading XML files on WebServer
Hi, I am wanting to read an XML file sitting on a server and am wondering if I will run into problems with firewalls and/or proxy servers using the following simple bit of code: XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.myserver.com/myxmlfile.xml"); It works fine with my interent connection. If some of the users are behind a proxy server it may cause a problem. Especially authentication proxy server. If you concern about these circumstances I suggest creating a WebRequest object and set the correct credentials, proxy server and then get the WebResponse objec...

Insert trigger

Font in drop-down field too small
I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a much larger font, and I would like my spreadsheet to be consistent. If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Juana Cafe wrote: > I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to > increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a > much larger font, and...

reducing file size
In an excel file, I just deleted a picture. When saving the fil again, I noticed that the file size grew instead of being reduced. Does anyway know if excel "save" things you delete, and if so how can you permantly delete things to reduce file size? Your used range has probalby gotten messed up. Look for any sheet where the scroll bars take you well past the end of the data. Hitting Ctrl + End on these sheets will also take you out the the data range. Here is a link on fixing the used range. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- HTH... Jim Thomlins...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Insert with a where condition

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

What can i use to read the transaction log files?
If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read the log file? No, and I would recommend you don't open them in anything, what exactly are you looking for? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "llewell" <llewell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E75FC280-0F6D-4183-977C-1D6157E5C27F@microsoft.com... > If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some > way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read ...

Insert

Max size of OST files
Hi all, I'm making this post on behalf of a friend. They have a single Exchange2000 server. Not sure if it's SBS or Exchange2000 Std. There are approx 20 mailboxes on this server. The users all use Outlook 2003 (SP3) as their mail client and Outlook's account type is Exchange and not POP3 or IMAP. One of the users mailboxes is approx 6Gb in size. What they would like to do is use offline mode to create a .ost file of this persons mailbox for his laptop however the file limit on ost files appears to be 2Gb. We did find a MS k/b article that explained how to create the requi...

RMS Stalls when close cash drawer button is pressed
When we click the close cash drawer button after a transaction RMS appears to stall, nothing happens for about 30seconds. Then it starts working again. We have had this problem from the beginning but it appears to be getting to a point where it happens with nearly every transaction. The thing is that you can type, nothting appears on the screen but you can login in and begin scanning, it eventually catches up to where you are. Has anybody else experienced this problem. Or does anyone have a suggestion to what i can do to fix it. plenty of memory?? "Tackeyon" <Tackeyon@di...

how to insert data in a table

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...

double picture files
How can I find double picture files in MS Office picture database ? ...