insert a link/shortcut to a file on comuter in a contact window

I am trying to add a link or shortcut to a file on my computer in a contact
window, in the lower window of the contact When I drag a file in that box it
actualy creats a copy in a certain folder in Microsoft, but then its hard to
find the file I want to Insert only a Link or shrtcut to the file. Can
anyone have an idea?

0
info908 (16)

pl;ace your cursor in the white window of the Contact.  Then Insert | File,
single click the file you want and use the tiny drop down arrow, bottom
right corner to select: Insert as Hyperlink.

"Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message
>I am trying to add a link or shortcut to a file on my computer in a contact
>window, in the lower window of the contact When I drag a file in that box
>it actualy creats a copy in a certain folder in Microsoft, but then its
>hard to find the file I want to Insert only a Link or shrtcut to the file.
>Can anyone have an idea?

0
gleeson_judy (321)
9/14/2006 11:23:19 PM
Thanks worked wonders makes my life easier.
Jacob
"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" <gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> pl;ace your cursor in the white window of the Contact.  Then Insert |
> File, single click the file you want and use the tiny drop down arrow,
> bottom right corner to select: Insert as Hyperlink.
>

> "Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message
>>I am trying to add a link or shortcut to a file on my computer in a
>>contact window, in the lower window of the contact When I drag a file in
>>that box it actualy creats a copy in a certain folder in Microsoft, but
>>then its hard to find the file I want to Insert only a Link or shrtcut to
>>the file. Can anyone have an idea?

0
info908 (16)
9/15/2006 2:48:06 PM
that's my aim!!!

> Thanks worked wonders makes my life easier.
> Jacob
> "Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" <gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> pl;ace your cursor in the white window of the Contact.  Then Insert |
>> File, single click the file you want and use the tiny drop down arrow,
>> bottom right corner to select: Insert as Hyperlink.
>>

>> "Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message
>>>I am trying to add a link or shortcut to a file on my computer in a
>>>contact window, in the lower window of the contact When I drag a file in
>>>that box it actualy creats a copy in a certain folder in Microsoft, but
>>>then its hard to find the file I want to Insert only a Link or shrtcut to
>>>the file. Can anyone have an idea?

0
gleeson_judy (321)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

Insert trigger

reducing file size
In an excel file, I just deleted a picture. When saving the fil again, I noticed that the file size grew instead of being reduced. Does anyway know if excel "save" things you delete, and if so how can you permantly delete things to reduce file size? Your used range has probalby gotten messed up. Look for any sheet where the scroll bars take you well past the end of the data. Hitting Ctrl + End on these sheets will also take you out the the data range. Here is a link on fixing the used range. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- HTH... Jim Thomlins...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

can't execute remote proc linked servers....MSDTC error?
Error: The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" was unable to begin a distributed transaction." HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "xxxx" returned message "No transaction is active."." Here's a snippet of code similar to what I have on Server1 (note the "exec" command which runs a pr...

Link subform with main form
I am trying to create a Exception Tracking form in Access. I have created a sub form in Main form. Let me first explain what is in sub form. Sub form has all the main fields to track the exception. It is in datasheet view. ExceptionID, Type,CustID, UserID, LastUpdated, Comments, DeptID,etc.. In Main form : It has two combox : ExceptionID (Form ExceptionID table), DeptID (From Department table) Also it has few buttons : Save, Exit, ViewInfo, Find Now what I want to do that I want to link these two forms such that When I select ExceptionID and DeptID from drop down combo box ...

Does OL have maximum # of contacts?
OL 2002; Windows XP The new entries in Contacts are not appearing trying to address email. After clicking the TO button to get me to the directory of email addresses, new entries are not appearing and haven't been for a couple of months. There are 2,228 contacts. Does anyone know if OL 2002 has a maximum number of entries that Contacts can handle? If not, is there anything I can do with OL 2002 to fix this problem? Thanks, There is not a maximum number of contacts (except with Hotmail and the Outlook Connector, but it doesn't work with Outlook 2002 - the Hotmail li...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Insert with a where condition

Max size of OST files
Hi all, I'm making this post on behalf of a friend. They have a single Exchange2000 server. Not sure if it's SBS or Exchange2000 Std. There are approx 20 mailboxes on this server. The users all use Outlook 2003 (SP3) as their mail client and Outlook's account type is Exchange and not POP3 or IMAP. One of the users mailboxes is approx 6Gb in size. What they would like to do is use offline mode to create a .ost file of this persons mailbox for his laptop however the file limit on ost files appears to be 2Gb. We did find a MS k/b article that explained how to create the requi...

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Outlook 2003 / Contacts / Flags
Hi! Can anyone help on this one..... I wish to flag over 100 contacts with a follow-up flag. I have listed the relevant contacts through using a filtered view and I had hoped that I could select all the filtered contacts and then flag them.... but apparently not. I have the following observations: 1. My customised toolbar looses the flags in Contact view and I cannot add them to my toolbar. 2. The follow-up flag under Actions is greyed out, but I can use it on a single contact at a time, but it wants me to go through the rigmarole of setting end dates etc,.... (far too long-winded) 3....

Insert

how to insert data in a table

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...

insert downloads into power point

Can't Search Contacts 2007
Hope someone can help me with this. At some point, my Outlook 2007 - (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000) - stopped being able to make searches. I'm speaking of the "Instant Search" - which I can access from a little window just above the cards, or from Tools | Instant Search | Instant Search. Weird bits - - The instant search works fine in other parts of Outlook 2007: mail, calendar, etc - Every once in a while, it also works in Contacts, but mostly it doesn't. - It used to work in Contacts, but stopped at some point. Any Help much appreciated. Rebuild the ...

Insert dataset to another database