Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...

I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented
RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can
configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm
out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always
fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log
into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never
have logon problems again.

Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking
for an answer for this for 3 years.

Thanks in advance.
0
centre21 (6)

When you first configure RPC over HTTPS, you must have direct access to the
exchange server, e.g., connected to the exchange domain.  If you try to
confiure it remotely, it will fail.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, centre21 asked:

| I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented
| RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can
| configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm
| out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always
| fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log
| into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never
| have logon problems again.
|
| Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking
| for an answer for this for 3 years.
|
| Thanks in advance.

0
Milly
12/28/2008 12:49:54 AM
Same here.
Easiest solution for me was to open a VPN connection into the server before
configuring RPC over HTTP.

Rgds.

On Dec 27, 6:49=A0pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote:
> When you first configure RPC over HTTPS, you must have direct access to t=
he
> exchange server, e.g., connected to the exchange domain. =A0If you try to
> confiure it remotely, it will fail.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
> After furious head scratching, centre21 asked:
>
> | I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented
> | RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can
> | configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm
> | out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always
> | fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log
> | into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never
> | have logon problems again.
> |
> | Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking
> | for an answer for this for 3 years.
> |
> | Thanks in advance.

Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks for the tip.
0
centre21 (6)
12/29/2008 1:40:43 PM
On Dec 28, 6:43=A0am, "hollenal" <newsgr...@hollenthoner.net> wrote:
> Same here.
> Easiest solution for me was to open a VPN connection into the server befo=
re
> configuring RPC over HTTP.
>
> Rgds.
>
> "centre21" <centr...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:4e49b807-ad7e-=
490f-ab95-39a417d8efd9@s1g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> >I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented
> > RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can
> > configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm
> > out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always
> > fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log
> > into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never
> > have logon problems again.
>
> > Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking
> > for an answer for this for 3 years.
>
> > Thanks in advance.

I thought this might be the issue. I'll see what I can do about the
VPN.
Thanks
0
centre21 (6)
12/29/2008 1:41:11 PM
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I
cannot connect outside with Outlook.

I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access:
- First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my
user_VPN/password_VPN
- On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as
https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my
user_mail/password_mail

So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden

In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping
(or tracert) and I can't resolve it even after entering the VPN.

I use Outlook 2007 and the Exchanger server shall be 2003. For my collegue,
he's using Outlook2003 and after entering the same web VPN, he just have to
launch Outlook to retrive mail (without RPC). (I tried is user name and vice
versa so it's not a right issue).

Regards

"centre21" wrote:

> On Dec 28, 6:43 am, "hollenal" <newsgr...@hollenthoner.net> wrote:
> > Same here.
> > Easiest solution for me was to open a VPN connection into the server before
> > configuring RPC over HTTP.
> >
> > Rgds.
> >
> > "centre21" <centr...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:4e49b807-ad7e-490f-ab95-39a417d8efd9@s1g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > >I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented
> > > RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can
> > > configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm
> > > out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always
> > > fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log
> > > into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never
> > > have logon problems again.
> >
> > > Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking
> > > for an answer for this for 3 years.
> >
> > > Thanks in advance.
>
> I thought this might be the issue. I'll see what I can do about the
> VPN.
> Thanks

Categorizer Problems
I have a customer that is experiencing problems have me scratching my head. 99% of everything works just fine and everything flows great with one exception. The server is constantly registering the events listed bellow. I have increased the logging level and it did not show any additional details. I renamed the customer information to protect them. If anyone has seen this or has, any clues about it please help. Bellow are the event logs form the server in the order in which they are processed. Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Categorizer E...

Scrolling problem
Hi I am developing an application in vc++6.0 in Document/View architecture. When I run it on 1024/768 resolution. It works fine but creates problem(scroll down) when I run it on 800/600 or low resolution. How I can run it on all resolutions. Any idea ? Regards and Thanks Ghazanfar Ali It might help if you explain what the problem with scrolling down was. It might also help if you gave some indication of what the associated code was doing. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Ghazanfar Al...

Problem with Microsolf Mail and attachments
Is anyone out there having a problem sending mail with an attachment, PDF, Word or otherwise where the message when received by the recipient can not be opened? This is creating a hell of a problem for me because I send PDF attachments daily. I am thanking you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide. Sincerely, -- Terry Springer Email: tspringer2@verizon.net Cell Phone 412 612-3865 On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:41:31 -0500, "Terry Springer" <tspringer@papreferredmortgage.com> wrote: >Is anyone out there having a problem sending mail with an attachmen...

IMF causing all sorts of problems
I've got a Win2003 SP1 front end/backend running Exchange 2003 SP2 in native mode all patched and up to date. I recently download IMF and it's causing numerous crashes of inetinfo.exe in msvcrtl.dll. In addition the SMPT process is continually restarting. I am also getting a 'fault bucket 190940943'. I was under the impression this software was simple to use/install and it's causing nothing but grief and isn't filtering anything. Has anyone encountered these problems or has any ideas what might be the problems. TIA...Bob On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:32:28 -0800, Fuz...

Dropped Initial Word
I have Office 2007 Word running on XP Service Pack 2. I know how to make a drop cap for the starting paragraph in a paper. Is there any way to make the entire first word drop 2 or 3 lines depending on what I need? As an example if I were to type the sentence "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." I would want to drop the word Now not just the N. Select the whole word and then apply drop cap formatting. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Deej Hernandez" <DeejHernandez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

theme/potx change problem
Hi I have 18 2003 potx files (type 1 to 18, logotypes and objects in the slide master and layouts differs) that I have upgraded to 2007. they all have the same font and color theme My problem is that if I have a presentation of for ex type 1 and want to change it to a type 4 presentation. The old logotype/objects remains when I change template. And I get double set of layouts on the layout button on the home tab. Since I don't wan't 18 themes because we think it will confuse people I have made them as potx files and one theme, but I get the same problem even if I mak...

SelectSingleNode problem
Hi! The input xml file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <!-- Konfigur�ci� le�r�sa --> <Konfig xmlns:bk="urn:inifile"> <Konfiguracio> <szerver neve = "A1"></szerver> </Konfiguracio> </Konfig> XmlDocument xd = new XmlDocument(); xd.Load(Application.StartupPath + "\\Server.xml"); //Create an XmlNamespaceManager for resolving namespaces. XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(xd.NameTable); nsmgr.AddNamespace("bk", "urn:inifile"); string xp = &quo...

Template problem
Folks I have a simple template class that is used to send classes across a network. It is very simple(see definition below). It compiles fine, however I cannot link it into my project, all the methods are showing as unresolved externals. i have tried to explictly link (adding the object to the link line), however it ignores the object saying it is there already. By the way I am using Visual C++ 6.0. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Peter template<class PACKET> class CSHWrapper { public: /* Generic ctor * */ CSHWrapper(); /* ctor which wil...

CFileDialog problem
I added a CFileDialog (VC6 on a XP machine) to an existing project, using it in a very simple way: CFileDialog FileDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_EXPLORER, "All Files (*.*)| *.*|Image files (*.img)|*.img||" ); if (FileDlg.DoModal() == IDCANCEL) return; The file open dialog box appears, showing all files *.* in the current folder. So far so good and as expected. The problem occurs when selecting the file type option *.img: From now on the file list stays empty, even when returning to *.*. The same code in a freshly created project on the same machine works perfectly. Any idea about the...

Exchange 2007: How to make OWA-users auto-login?
Without using forms based authentication, how can I make everyone login automatically in OWA? Now I receive a popup asking for credentials. Thanks Hi, Use integrated windows authentication on the exchange virtuel directory. Leif "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1162866578.985819.70200@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Without using forms based authentication, how can I make everyone login > automatically in OWA? > Now I receive a popup asking for credentials. > Thanks > Thanks for reply, but I'm sorry, but that does not work, creden...

64-bit MSVFW32.DLL problems
Hello, I am developing an VC++/MFC application - MP3 player. The 32-bit version, of the application, plays the MP3 files OK. But, with the 64-bit version, there is no sound. I downloaded uAMP (native 64-bit) MP3 player, and that programs plays the MP3 files OK. I am building the application using the MSVFW32.lib. Do I need to link with a different library, to hear the 64-bit MP3s? Environment: VC2008/MFC, Windows SDK, WinXP Pro (x64) TIA, -jc ...

http://NUTS:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition.
SBS 2k3 install fully sp'd. Clean install of CRM 3.0. The error below is being mailed at regular intervals from monitoring. http://NUTS:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Error: Cannot find server or DNS Error Response Time (msec): 0. Also in the event log the following: - (WMI Status: 0 )Event Type: Warning Event Source: W3SVC Event Category: None Event ID: 1009 Date: 28/04/2006 Time: 20:59:53 User: N/A Computer: NUTS Description: A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '8256&#...

Automatic Charting Problems
Hello, Please bare with me as I try to explain my report & problem. I have a report, that has several rows of values that need to be charted out. To avoid the hassle & headache of having one million charts to see, I have set up a look up table which the user can select up to 5 rows of values to chart out on one chart. In order for this to work, my chart has to be set on those 5 lookup rows. But incases where the user will only want to chart out one row, the chart still is showing the other rows that do not have information in them. Now assuming I havn't lost you yet, ...

Problems installing a program
Trying to install Adobe reader on my Vista Home Premium (SP-2) system, I encountered numerous "privilege" problems. UAC is disabled, I R-Clicked on the installer and selected "Run as Administrator". The installation was interrupted numerous times, saying the installer lacked privileges to write to various different folders, mostly under the Program Data folder, and also in the Start Menu folder. On each occasion, I had to open Explorer, R-Click on the folder in question, and "Take Ownership" of it. I am the sole user of this system, so if I don&#...

Constructor initialization
Hi, Why do CMyClass::CMyClass() : m_iMyInt(0) // initialize { } instead of CMyClass::CMyClass() { m_iMyInt = 0; // assign } The first seems preferred, but I've always done the second (Self taught C++ so I don't know all the theory). Hi, When a class is instantiated, and for the purposes of this post lets leave inherited classes out of the picture, after the physical memory is allocated the members constructors are called and then the classes own constructor. When the members are constructed, the default constructor is called and then when your constructor executes th...

faq initialize CList
Hi, I have a member viarable of CList<CPoint,CPoint&> m_pointlist in Class Segment. Should I have to initialize the m_pointlist in Segment constructur? Thanks. The CList has a constructor with a default parameter (block size = 10). If that number satisfies you, you do not need to worry about initialization. Otherwise, follow this syntax: class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_pointList; public: Segment() : m_pointList( 100 ) // Place your own number instead of 100... { } } or class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_point...

Chart Problems
I am having problems trying to chart information due to the large descrepency in numbers. This is the information I am trying to graph: Year Population Gal/Capita 92/93 213,516 261 93/94 214,000 227 94/95 215,000 218 95/96 225,000 231 96/97 230,000 312 97/98 230,000 286 98/99 236,298 221 99/00 249,849 270 00/01 253,119 267 01/02 267,000 238 02/03 271,221 237 I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions... Thanks! Stacy I usually plot them on separate axes. In this case I would set up Population as...

boot up problem
Using Windows XP Pro SP3 with MS Office When trying to start computer it goes to the screen to select safe mode; start from last working etc; or to start normally. Have tried all these and it still won't start properly. It gets the Windows page up as if loading and then drops out (no signal to monitor) and returns to this start screen again. When it does this there is a blue screen that is there for a very short time with writing. It is too fast to even get a chance to read it. I have a ASUS P4S800-MX motherboard. Is this a hardware problem. I have a video card and don&...

Changing initials into numbers
I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01, HS = 02..etc. Thank you. On 2/3/2010 9:26 AM, Kathie wrote: > I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different > people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01, > HS = 02..etc. Thank you. see VLOOKUP in Excel help. Bill Kathie You have to be more specific. Where are the initials (column, row, sheet)? Where do you want the numbers placed? HTH Otto &quo...

Creating Rules via OutLook 2000
Creating rules using OL2000 gives a "Not enough space on server . . ." error, even when the logon has admin rights. What permissions have to be ste up & where to allow standard users to create, save and autorun rules? There's a 32k limit to the number of rules you can have. Looks like you've hit that limit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Stuart Lewis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076c01c3c948$b18641a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Creating rules using OL...

problems restoring previous scrollbar/window position with CListBox (newbie alert)
Hi, I'm using a single CListBox object to display multiple datasets. When a different dataset is selected I save the current scroll/selection using the GetScrollPos/GetCurSel methods and when the same dataset is selected again I want to rebuild the ListBox and restore the previous scroll/selection. Restoring the selection with SetCurSel works fine and restoring the scrollbar positions with SetScrollPos also works fine but the ListBox doesn't actually scroll to the restored positions (it just stays at the start of the list unless there was a selected item, in which case it scroll...

Possible to Look Up Records by Initials?
I have a user who's telling me that prior to this weekend in CRM, she could lookup user records by initials rather than typing in part of the name. I don't see where that setting would have been marked in CRM. Has anyone else heard of this? If so, how did you implement this type of search customization/configuration? Steps to recreate problem: Account screen Account Owner field's magnifying glass Assign Account Assign to another user fields magnifiying glass Look Up Records' Look For field = initials of user you're attempting to Find. I doubt you can use the init...

problems referencing a subform control?
I�ve borrowed the following code from John Vinson, whose form/subform was set up the same as mine (as near as I can tell). There is a �move out� button on the subform that moves an individual to a new family unit. This is the control that I am trying to replicate. I�ve replaced the form and control names with mine, but keep getting an error. A new record is created in tblFamily, but the code causes an error at the line where the InFamID is set to update to the new FamID. As you can see I�ve tried this a couple of different ways and noted the errors I received. John has u...

Problem Activating Money Plus on Vista
I am unable to activate MS Money Plus Deluxe under my standard user account. I purchase the product from the online store. The details of what happened when I tried to activate it follows: 1. I entered my activation code and I got a UAC message. I have Vista Home Premium and I'm using a standard user account. I entered my administrator password in response to the UAC message. If my memory serves me right, I got an error message and the activation process aborted. 2. I've had installation issues in the pass which I solved by logging on to my administrator account. So, I logged...

Auto login not working
running Windows 7 X64, IE 8, WLM ver 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726) My email/password are stored and the auto login function is selected but no auto sign in. No errors manual login works fine but since i tend to forget to do that, that isnt much help. SO any help on this issue would be appreciated ...