Information service not configured

> Help!  Does anyone know what's going on here?  I keep
> getting the following message when receiving mail:
>
> "This information service has not been configured.
> Select an existing file to configure, or type the name
of
> a new file to create."
>
> If I hit OK (the only selection available) a dialog
> appears with a list of .pst files.  No matter which one
> select, I just end up back at the initial error
message.
> If I select cancel in the dialog, I go back and forth
> between the error message and the dialog several times
> and then the email finally opens.

I sent the above message in on August 1 and got a reply
from

Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

suggesting I try scanpst.exe.  That didn't help.
Furthermore, my archive and personal folders are
multiplying like mad.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tim Beeson
0
alpenglow (2)

Paid Invoices information
which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the amount paid , payment type and check#? In payables, PM30200 is the paid invoices. PM30300 contains the apply to information. You'll need both tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bab" wrote: > which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the > amount paid , payment type and check#? The table PM30200 contains both invoices and payment records. As Charles noted, the table PM30300 contains apply to information, how much of a payment was applied to an invoice. One recor...

FREE INFORMATION
hI, I have a close freind who bought a e-book from a site, he told me it was www.howididit.tk he says he now makes between =A36000-=A37000 a month, it can't be that bad he has bought a new car and is always throwing his money around he says it can be done from anywhere in the world thought i would give it a go........ let me know what you think marie ...

Information store stops unexpectedly
I have Windows NT 4.0 SP6 it is PDC and Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and ScanMail V 3.51. Two or three times per week information store stops with out reason In the Event Wiever I can see only these messages. How can I find what are reason for stoping information store. Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type: Error Category: Monitoring Description: Unexpected error «0xc0040000 – Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:80040115-0514-000006bf» occurred Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type...

Retrieving Account Information By Id

System information using MFC and WMI???
Hi all I have to extract some system information using MFC and WMI. I have extracted some information like Add/Remove Programs, Network, username, computer name, Processor Information, hard disks attached. But for some information i have to use WMI. How i can use the WMI for getting information about system hardware. Please help me by giving sample examples. Thanks and Regards ...

Recipient update service #2
In ESM --> Recepients --> Recepient Update Service --> Property --> General Tab: There is a filed Windows Domain Controller, If I have two DC (one is GC and another one is not), which DC is the best to choose, GC one? or the other one Thanks Patric "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >In ESM --> Recepients --> Recepient Update Service --> Property --> General Tab: There is a filed Windows Domain Controller, If I have two DC (one is GC and another one is not), which DC is the best to choose, GC one? or the other one? >...

Awful Ecommerce Experience/Customer Service
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'll attempt to be as cordial as possible. <br><br>In all my years on the internet I've never had a worse customer experience online than I have at this website. For the past 24 hours I've been trying to purchase Office:Mac2008 to no avail. I've tried with my credit card, my girlfriends credit card, my companies corporate card. Nothing. Further more, when placing a purchase online, most ecommerce sites will at least tell you whether or not hte transaction went through. But Mactopi...

Pull contact information from email message body
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to go for this question , but i would realy appreciate any help. Is there a way or a program out there that can pull contact info from inside the message body of an email. for instance we have a lot of emails ( a lot) that have soandso@person.com want to join list inside the message itself and we were wondering if there was a plug in tht can sift through the emails and pull each email address that it finds into a list or or contact list of some sort. so we can import it into another program. even if we could just get it into csv that would be fine, we...

Change information
Hi! How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change that but i dont know how. // Jarno ...

Service pack 4 for V8
So I get an Insights today that says "Great Plains Release 8.0 Service Pack 4 Now Available" and follow the link to be told "SP4 SP4 is currently removed. A new build will be available soon."!!! Does the right hand know what the rest of the body is doing? Probaly had a bad bug in it. Hmm.... Did I install that for any clients? "Good_Grief@discussion.ms" wrote: > So I get an Insights today that says "Great Plains Release 8.0 Service > Pack 4 Now Available" and follow the link to be told "SP4 > SP4 is currently removed. A new build w...

First hit to Reporting services is slow
Hello, [SQL2008] - version 10.0.2531 The first hit to our SQL2008 Reporting service is always very slow. Its a VMware and the total server memory is 7GB out of which we have reserved 4GB for SQLServer and 1.5GB for Reporting services. This is the entry snippet in rsreportserver config file: <MemorySafetyMargin>50</MemorySafetyMargin> <MemoryThreshold>75</MemoryThreshold> <WorkingSetMaximum>1572864</WorkingSetMaximum> <WorkingSetMinimum>1048576</WorkingSetMinimum> <RecycleTime>720</RecycleTime> S...

Site Connector Configuration
I recently ran into an issue after loading IMS on a remote Exchange 5.5 site. IMS was loaded to accommodate a unified messaging system that needed the SMTP protocol. Prior to this I was using a Site connector with x400 between remote and local sites with no issues. site A -->site connector<-- site B --> IMS <--> Internet Issue: when client on site A sends email to both internet address and site B address only internet mail is being delivered. Mail to site B is returned as undeliverable. When client on site A sends mail to only site B recipients mail is delivered. ...

Add information from Invoice Module to RM Smartlist
Currently there is no Smartlist for Invoicing Module transactions, so customers must use the RM Transaction smartlist to capture information on these documents. It would be helpful if users could add columns from the invoicing module to this view. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

To print the selected information from the form along with other information
Hello, I have a form called "New Proposal".I enter the data in the form and hit the submit button to enter it into the table for new proposal.Now I want to print out a letter with some of the fields information entered on the form along with some fixed data that should be there on it always. the letter goes like this To Dept Of Research and Graduate Education,---------fixed College of Pharmacy------------------------------------------fixed Date Recd-----------------------------------from the present data entered in form ( as u know changes from one entry to other PAF#-------------...

RUS>enterprise configuration displays wrong domain controller
Windows 2000 Exchange on Windows 2000 Server = mail.company.com Windows 2003 Domain Controller = alpha.company.com Windows 2000 Domain Controller = beta.company.com This mail server was a domain controller at one time. We demoted it last year. I just recently noticed in the recipient update service>enterprise configuration still lists mail.company.com as the domain controller. The rus>domain configuration was also incorrect but I was able to change it to the current domain controller, alpha.company.com by opening that item and browsing the list of domain controllers. When I attempt...

Configuring a Team Email Account
Is there a way to configure a team email account that can have emails sent to it and it will automatically re-send the email to everyone in a specific list? Thx in advance. Yes. Create a group called a distribution group in AD. Add the members. Done. "New Exchange Admin" <NewExchangeAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97D3B5AA-4A3A-42AC-AABE-91D09AEB62DE@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure a team email account that can have emails sent > to > it and it will automatically re-send the email to everyone in a specific > list? Thx in ...

Server Information
When you go to set up your outlook what do you put for the server information it asks? it says something about POP3 an SMTP?? what are those???? The are servers that are responsible for holding the e-mail of many users (pop3) and routing from one company to another (smtp). What you put in each is what your internet service provider has provided to you when you signed up to access the internet. "LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF" <LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A07EF971-BD92-4EBD-8D3C-538B3277E459@microsoft.com... > When you go to set up your outlook w...

window information
Hi, Is there any free utility available on net which can show the the window name and window class name if the mouse cursor is put on a perticular window. Thanks, Cric. Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you the details you are looking for. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ajay Man thanks your tip was very helpful. Thanks Cric Ajay Kalra wrote: > Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you > the details you are looking for. > > ------ > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

How do I configure DPM to use 2 types of drives in the same librar
I have an HP MSL6000 with 2 lto-2 and 2 lto-3 drives, 58 slots. lto-3 tapes cannot be put into lto-2 drives. I need to partition the library so this cannot happen. The library contains both lto-2 and lto-3 tapes. Is there a way to do this in DPM 2007 sp1? I've been using backup exec and it allows for device pools to assign parts of library to a specific drive(s). Backup Exec also allows you to define what types of tape a specific drive will accept, thus preventing this problem. You should be able to define multiple logical libraries within the administration of the library...

Expiration of Download Services
My current version of Money Plus H&B expires in 8/2009. I am in the process of buying a new computer. If I install Money Plus H&B on the new computer will the expiration date stay at 8/2009 or will it be 1/2011? Thanks for the info. My expiration date was 9/2009 when I originally installed it. Last January I re-installed it on my new Vista machine and it still is 9/2009. It appears that when you activate it goes to the data base to find when you first install. "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5169470-5C74-4890-A749-2DFC610...

Converting a column of information into a row of information
I was curious if anyone knew of a way to convert a column into a row Essentially we receive a spreadsheet a few times a month that has a fe columns of information. Our database however can only accept cs uploads and they have to follow a very strict template. In order t properly upload the data that we are receiving I would need to turn columns into rows (or optimally into a single cell with each piece o data from that column separated by a comma). Our template works as follows. We have rows for contact name, address phone number, ect... At the end of the spreadsheet there are 3 column in w...

Exporting to Quickbooks
After a week of trying different settings and tweaking the GL account table to get things to post, we finally got all our batches posted to Quickbooks. What we are missing however is the PO information. I thought the PO's would show up as Bills in quickbooks. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. Matt, You need to create a different account for accounts payable. The default is 2100, just use 2101 or whatever. To post in the original 2100 QB's requires too much info that RMS doesn't pass through, so you will keep getting errors. Exact directions on ho...

Gradebook template-- How to print one student information
Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information np2 Wrote: > Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information Hi Np2 Try File > Page Setup > Page Tab >Click fit to 1 page wide by 1 page long Or File > Page Setup > Sheet Tab and set Print Are -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46764 ...

information store will not mount
from server properties, directory access tab I changed the "configuration domain controller" server by removing the check for automatically discover servers. I have seven domain controllers two at the main site and five at remote locations. The two at the main site hold all fsmo's. The "configuration domain controller" was set (automatically) to serverA at my main site. I changed it to serverB at my main site and was then able to mount the store. When I changed the setting back to automatically discover servers the setting (automatically) set itself back to serve...

E-mail messages are missing information when you reply to or forward them in Outlook
I have Exchange 2003 and my staff r using outlook 2003. Sometimes when a staff reply or forward an e-mail the contents of the original e-mail disappear from the body of the e-mail. It only shows the header of the original e-mail. This does not happen all the time and it does not happen to all staff members. Do you think this is a client or server issue? Any idea? Please advice, Thanks, I think it's a client issue. Exchange doesn't mess with message content in general. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral proble...