Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details

Hi,
I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook
2003 closes without giving me the option to change them.

When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load.

A box opens with the text
'Configuring Outlook Accounts'
'Creating Welcome Message'

Then another box opens with the error -
'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook
must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and
connected)
The only option here is to click the OK button

Another box opens titled Microsoft Exchange Server
and a General tab
Microsoft Exchange Server
my incorrect details are listed

Mailbox
my incorrect mail address is listed

I get the choice of 3 tabs here
OK, Cancel or Apply
Apply does nothing
OK and Cancel give this error -
'Unable to open your defauty email folder. the file c:\Documents and
Settings\Home\Local Settings\
Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file'
and an OK button which closes down Outlook 2003

I've tried clearing all information from the Microsoft Exchange Server box
and Mailbox box but it makes no difference.
Can I alter these Exchange details from somewhere else?
Thanks
Simon
0
Simon1639 (233)

If you could include your Outlook version and the version of the
operating system that you use, it would help us give you more
concise help.

- Start
- Control Panel
- Mail (applet)
- Show Profiles

Highlight the profile (identity) that you wish to delete and click the
Remove button. This will allow you to start fresh.

Nikki Peterson

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook
> 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them.
>
> When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load.
>
> A box opens with the text
> 'Configuring Outlook Accounts'
> 'Creating Welcome Message'
>
> Then another box opens with the error -
> 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook
> must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and
> connected)
> The only option here is to click the OK button
>
> Another box opens titled Microsoft Exchange Server
> and a General tab
> Microsoft Exchange Server
> my incorrect details are listed
>
> Mailbox
> my incorrect mail address is listed
>
> I get the choice of 3 tabs here
> OK, Cancel or Apply
> Apply does nothing
> OK and Cancel give this error -
> 'Unable to open your defauty email folder. the file c:\Documents and
> Settings\Home\Local Settings\
> Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder
> file'
> and an OK button which closes down Outlook 2003
>
> I've tried clearing all information from the Microsoft Exchange Server box
> and Mailbox box but it makes no difference.
> Can I alter these Exchange details from somewhere else?
> Thanks
> Simon

Thanks Nikki,
That worked fine.
Simon

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

> If you could include your Outlook version and the version of the
> operating system that you use, it would help us give you more
> concise help.
>
> - Start
> - Control Panel
> - Mail (applet)
> - Show Profiles
>
> Highlight the profile (identity) that you wish to delete and click the
> Remove button. This will allow you to start fresh.
>
> Nikki Peterson
>
> "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook
> > 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them.
> >
> > When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load.
> >
> > A box opens with the text
> > 'Configuring Outlook Accounts'
> > 'Creating Welcome Message'
> >
> > Then another box opens with the error -
> > 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook
> > must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and
> > connected)
> > The only option here is to click the OK button
> >
> > Another box opens titled Microsoft Exchange Server
> > and a General tab
> > Microsoft Exchange Server
> > my incorrect details are listed
> >
> > Mailbox
> > my incorrect mail address is listed
> >
> > I get the choice of 3 tabs here
> > OK, Cancel or Apply
> > Apply does nothing
> > OK and Cancel give this error -
> > 'Unable to open your defauty email folder. the file c:\Documents and
> > Settings\Home\Local Settings\
> > Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder
> > file'
> > and an OK button which closes down Outlook 2003
> >
> > I've tried clearing all information from the Microsoft Exchange Server box
> > and Mailbox box but it makes no difference.
> > Can I alter these Exchange details from somewhere else?
> > Thanks
> > Simon

0
Simon1639 (233)

Incorrectly scaled graphics
I would be grateful if someone could suggest ideas or solution. A correctly sized JPEG (BMP or Tiff) imported into Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003 is printing out - scaled incorrectly. Mac Excel 2001 is fine. If I draw an object (ruled box) at 8cm x 8cm the object is dispro'd on print. I can't find any mention on Knowledgebase and have tried every conceivable option I can find in prefs. I sure this is a simple fix, but the blatantly obvious is not apparent to me! PS: I've excluded screen resolution and OS level problem for Win98 and Pro XP and have tried a office repair for Excel XP. If I...

Renaming an Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello! Hope this is possible. I am currently planning on moving our Exchange 2003 stand alone svr to a A/P cluster. Basically this is what I plan. Join the cluster to the site under new name, then move everyone to this cluster, bring down the stand alone cluster, rename the cluster to the old svr and WALLA!. but I am just not sure if I can rename an Exchange Cluster. Any advice or insight would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks in advance. Marc J Even without getting on the cluster side of things, you should not rename a server once you have Exchange setup on it. Is there a ...

2 mailbox problem...
We operate on a coporate network using Outlook 2k3. I have 2 mailboxes setup under my one account. One mailbox is my personal email account for which I recieve all my corporate email, the other is a support mailbox for which I receive support emails from our corporate users. My problem is when I respond directly to corporate users requests within the support mailbox it appears to users that its coming directly from me under my personal mailbox (ie user@XXXXXXX.com). Whereas I'd like it to appear as if its coming from my support mailbox, for example support@XXXXX.com. Is there somethin...

investment type incorrect
I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a MUTUAL FUND. It was entered as a symbol and now I cannot remove the symbol from my list. Unfortunately, bonds do not track like a Mutual Fund. How can one delete an investment from their list. I also have many funds that I no longer have interest in, but can't get rid of them. Help In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: >I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It >entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a >MUTUAL FUND. It w...

Restore a single mailbox from tape in Exchange 2003
Hi Guys, I have the backup of our priv.edb on tape. But I need to restore a single mailbox. How do I achieve this without restoring the entire content of the tape drive. Any ideas. Your help will be appreciated. We run Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 SP1 Regards, -- Buchi Hi Buchi Assuming you did not perform a brick level backup, you will not be able to do this without restoring the whole Store, you can create a Recovery Storage Group and restore it there, and you will then be able to recovery the mailbox. Here is a link with more information about using the Recove...

Incorrect values on pivot chart???help!!!
I have a pivot chart with the names/technicians/codes...When I change to the month of July it only shows like three patients. I have approximately 200 entered in. It appears to work fine for all other months. It just will not work for this one. I have had alot of trouble with the grouping feature for the months to try to show what is happening per technician, per doctor, per month...Any suggestions? -- ultrasounds4u Does the pivot table source range include all the July rows of data? To check, right-click on a cell in the pivot table Click PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button to g...

Public Folder Has reached 16GB Limit in Exchange 2003 Std.
Hi - Our Public folder has reached its 16GB size limit and I wanted to know: 1. Can I increase it w/ a registry fix to 17GB (I heard there was a way to do this). 2. Can I create multiple public folders and balance the data load among them? Is that possible w/ Exchange 2003 Std.? Thanks for any help! - Tony I'm not sure if the registry fix applies to the PF store or not, but it would be worth a shot... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813051 - simply substitute public for private under the steps to create the registry key. As far as #2, creating multiple public folders won&...

Tax Detail Report with Receivables Management
Hi; I found a KB document to show step by step on how to generate a tax detail report for Invoice Entry. However; I did not see any similar step by step procedure on how to generate tax detail report with Receivable Management, does anyone how to do it? I need to show the tax detail per RM entry. -- Kane Hi Kane, did you try using smartlist sales>receivables transactions then you can add columns for Tax ID, Tax amount etc. "Kane" wrote: > Hi; > > I found a KB document to show step by step on how to generate a tax detail > report for Invoice Entry. Howe...

Exchange Developer Edition
I have a copy of Exchange 2000 Sever Developer Edition that was part of Office XP Developer. Is this a full blown version ? We have tried to Install it. Actually the installation is not the problem, can not keep it running. MTA Stacks fail to run. Other services also fail to run. Clogging up the Application Log of the Event Viewer with all kinds of errors, etc... TIA, SD ...

Missing DIFF file from Exchange 2003 Offline Address Book
Exchange 2000 SP1 Offline Address Book issues 1. It was discovered during client OAB download "...0b (11) At least one ..diff file was missing from the server..." Will OAB Rebuild fix this problem? 2. Are there actual (NTFS) files that contain OAB differential files? Where are they stored? I notice an OU in Active Directory for OAB 3. Is it possible to view the OAB download size from daily differential? Via Outlook logging "Tools.Options.Other tab.Advanced Options.tick Enable logging" 4. Once a rebuild of OAB in item 1 is complete, is a full OAB download happening ...

Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2003 Migration
Good morning, We are in the process of merging with another company. My current company uses Microsoft Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. We will be migrating to a new Exchange 2003 server on a separate forest and domain, and a new Exchange organization. We have setup a successful trust, and have full copies of each other's DNS zones. I am able to start the Mail Migration Wizard (MailMig.exe) and get a list of mailboxes without any issues. My problem is, the new company uses a different naming scheme for their user accounts. We currently use first initial follo...

Globally creating new personal folders into exchange mailboxes
Hello All, Is there a setting or GPO of some sort to pull down and create a new folder on all exchange users? So that when they open up their outlook/OWA they will have an extra folder(ie. spam) in addition to their regular default folders such as Inbox, Drafts..etc. Thanks in advance, ...

OWA for exchange 2003 #2
When using OWA for access to exchange mail boxes. OWA prompts over and over and over again for username and password and domain. Even when you you give username and password and domain name it keeps looping to username and password and domain. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help I've had this issue in the past when the GC server had been rebooted and the exchange server lost comm with it. We rebooted the exchange server, it reconnected smoothly to the GC, and everyone was happy. Hope it works the same for you! Any changes made? Check the IIS settings on the Default Website (or wherever ...

Exchange 2003 and OAB
I've been struggling with this previous post for a while now: > ***Go to the Offline Address List (Default Offline Address List if you > haven't created one manually) | Properties | General tab. In the list of > Address Lists that are included in that OAB, check if "All Contacts" is > listed. If not, add it - click Add | Find, will list all Address Lists. > Rebuild the OAB. Download the new OAB in Outlook and check if you have All > Contacts. I do that, and had done that already acutally. But when offline, I still only see the GAL. However, when I'm i...

new 2003 server/exchange owa issue
So I built a new 2003 server, and installed exchange. Moved everyone over to the new exchange server and all is well. When I try accessing the new server via I.E. I get nothing. When I access the old server via I.E. I'm prompted to login , and all is good. How do I get the new server to accept OWA requests? My last step... thanks! Sean Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327843 "Sean Branam" <sbranam@coronado.k12.ca.us> wrote in message news:u1SiPZ6OFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > So I built a new 2003 server, and installed exchange. > Moved everyone...

restore Exchange 2007 mailbox
I have tried to restore a mailbox to a recovery storage group but receive the following error message. The DPM Server is up and available and it is accessible from the Exchange Server. No firewall or AV on either machine. I'm not using backup LAN. Affected area: First Storage Group Occurred since: 3/24/2010 2:02:17 PM Description: The recovery jobs for Storage group First Storage Group that started at Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:55:02 PM, with the destination of ExchangeServer, have completed. Most or all jobs failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111) DPM failed t...

Exchange Mailbox Restore
Friends, Now that I'm done kicking myself, I need some advice. I'm running Exchange 2003. My machine crashed. I rebuit it and it is running fine except that all I have for mailbox backups is the original databases (also Exch 2003) from the file system (priv1.edb/stm) I used eseutil to defrag and repair the database and that went well but I am not haveing alot of luck restore via the RSG in the system manager. My question is this: Is it possible to restore an Exchange database when all I have it the file system database and transaction logs? ( not backup files ) and if...

The parameter is incorrect
An error "The parameter is incorrect" is encopuntered when drag and drop an Email from Outlook to Winodws explorer for uploading doc to sharepoint portal. Thx! DH Does it work if you restart outlook? (and keep working as long as you don't open one of the messages from explorer). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...

Action Promised field shows incorrect details
In Collection Management we created 2 action ID's 'Send Letter' and 'interest'. Then ran a query to select customers that need to be send a first reminder (trx > sales > build query). Then we want to print these reminders for the selection of customers created (trx > sales > query letters). As we use the first reminder here, the action SEND letter is taken. Then we want to print (here for the same query, normally you would first create another query) a reminder for interest to be paid (after X days due), and we print the letters. Here the letter is Inter...

Mirroing Exchange Information Store
Hi folks, I have an Exchange 2003 server in my organizations that have six hard drives. Two of the hard drives are 33 GB each and four are 63 GB each. When the server was configured, the two 33 GB hard drives were married and assigned to the operation system (OS), the four 63 GB hard drives were set as RAID 5 and the it was partitioned, a portion for the Information Store and another portion for the transaction logs. I’m trying to reconfigure the server so that each database have it separated spindle, without re-installing the OS. The only way I can see this done is by mirroring the fo...

Incorrect time on IMAP in box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the TIME displayed on incoming messages shows 09:56:***PST. Can anyone explain or offer a suggestion as to how to correct this issue. Is there a separate clock perhaps on the motherboard? Thanx for any help. On 12/12/09 6:48 PM, in article 59baee9a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "RareHero@officeformac.com" <RareHero@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the > TIME displayed ...

How do you setup a gateway or Bridgehead exchange 2003 server?
I would like some TechNet articles on how I go about setting up a exchange 2003 in my exchange org to be a gateway or bridgehead exchange server. Any information would be greatly appreciated. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Eric: Check the Exchange help system or http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/default.mspx. Regards, Martin "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:e3dno7ftEHA.2808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I would like some TechNet articles on how I go about setting up a exchange >2003 in my exchange org to be a gat...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...

Re: Mailbox Permission
Anyone out there that could help me. I am trying to delete a user from the permission tab under the mailbox properties. The user name shown as NT-User S-1-5-21-121534352- 818635181-155296830-1657 Every time I am try to add, delete or modify the mailbox permission I get the following error: The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation fail. Much appreciated if anyone could help. thanks Ban ...

Set exchange 2003 to log bouced emails (to non existent users)?
My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my domain. I would like to log all bounced emails, so that I can create mail forwards for some of those incorrect emails addresses. Is it possible to log those incorrect email addresses? Cheers. The easiest would be have a copy of non-delivery reports sent to an account such as yours or postmaster@yourdomain.com. You add this in the Messages tab of the Properties for the SMTP Virtual server in Exchange System Manager. William Danny F wrote: > My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my doma...