Incorrect email address resoultion - Outlook 2002

Hello:

I have several individuals in my organization that
complain about the incorrect email addresses being pulled
from the auto-fil or resoultion aspect of MS Outlook
2002.  Email addresses are automatically cached and made
available the next time you create an email address,
however here are my questions:

1.  Is there a way to turn this functionality off, or
manage it better?

2.  Is there a way to clear this cache to avoid pulling up
the incorrect emails that have been saved, usually by
accident?  (I know that you can delete individual name as
it comes up on resoultion, but this is more of a pin than
a fix)

3.  Is there a way to manage which email addresses get
saved and which one's do not, so that each person can
choose to have the corret one remembered?

To me this is really no big issue, however it is a number
one complaint from a few associates.  Any help you could
provide would be FABULOUS!!!

Thanks,

Steve
0
stevef1 (1)

1. To turn it off go to Tools > Options > Email Options > Advanced Email
Options > un-check "Suggest Names........."
2.With Outlook closed delete a file with a *.nk2 extension (within the user
profile under Documents and Settings), you will need to turn on hidden files
and folders and specify the search parameters for hidden files and folders
(Windows XP). I wouldn't say that deleting the individuals names as they
appear a pain its a valid way to remove old or incorrect cached entries!
3. No, each cache will be unique to that user. If they are getting incorrect
addresses then they are typing them incorrectly in the first place. The more
characters they type the better chance of a hit.
"Steve" <stevef@northpoleusa.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I have several individuals in my organization that
> complain about the incorrect email addresses being pulled
> from the auto-fil or resoultion aspect of MS Outlook
> 2002.  Email addresses are automatically cached and made
> available the next time you create an email address,
> however here are my questions:
>
> 1.  Is there a way to turn this functionality off, or
> manage it better?
>
> 2.  Is there a way to clear this cache to avoid pulling up
> the incorrect emails that have been saved, usually by
> accident?  (I know that you can delete individual name as
> it comes up on resoultion, but this is more of a pin than
> a fix)
>
> 3.  Is there a way to manage which email addresses get
> saved and which one's do not, so that each person can
> choose to have the corret one remembered?
>
> To me this is really no big issue, however it is a number
> one complaint from a few associates.  Any help you could
> provide would be FABULOUS!!!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Can't reply email
Users from my company is complaining that they can't receive reply emails from external parties, but when external parties send a new email, users can receive perfectly. The error message that external parties receive from our postmaster is: To: External party Cc: User Subject: RE: FW: subject Sent: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:42:37 +0800 did not reach the following recipient(s): Mark Wan on Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:46:43 +0800 Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:my_company:MAIL Please help -- Haro What version of Exchange are you ...

Need help with Autocomplete for e-mail addresses
We recently upgraded my computer at work to Office 2003. When we did I imported by contacts from my old program so I have all of that information, however when I go to send an e-mail, the only autocomplete addresses I have are those that I've sent or received e-mail from since the conversion. Is there anyway to get Outlook to read the e-mail addresses from my contacts too. Plus, the other annoying thing is I can't type in say Joe Jones to get his e-mail to come up. I actually have to start typing in the person's e-mail address, which I don't really know off of the to...

Sync email account
How do you sync your hotmail account to outlook express. I keep getting an error message telling me to check my username and password and make sure they are correct. I have checked and double checked my entries and they are correct. Can someone help me? :) On 4/16/2010 6:20 AM, Matt wrote: > How do you sync your hotmail account to outlook express. I keep getting an > error message telling me to check my username and password and make sure > they are correct. I have checked and double checked my entries and they are > correct. Can someone help me? :) > > ...

how to address a VIP
how to address a VIP OR A CONSUL GENERAL IN A LETTER Wrong newsgroup. I suggest you use MSN Search or Google for help with this topic. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "BUCKY" <BUCKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E5EFA6-0EB3-4AA5-9556-233ED75CFC4D@microsoft.com... > how to address a VIP OR A CONSUL GENERAL IN A LETTER http://dictionary.reference.com/writing/styleguide/official.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BUCKY" <BUCKY@discussions.microso...

Incorrectly scaled graphics
I would be grateful if someone could suggest ideas or solution. A correctly sized JPEG (BMP or Tiff) imported into Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003 is printing out - scaled incorrectly. Mac Excel 2001 is fine. If I draw an object (ruled box) at 8cm x 8cm the object is dispro'd on print. I can't find any mention on Knowledgebase and have tried every conceivable option I can find in prefs. I sure this is a simple fix, but the blatantly obvious is not apparent to me! PS: I've excluded screen resolution and OS level problem for Win98 and Pro XP and have tried a office repair for Excel XP. If I...

How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making the Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the Yahoo email login. After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I could login to my another email account and switch between the email accounts simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE. Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to...

From: Address differences
This article describes exactly what my problem is. Is there any way to change it back how it behaved under Exchange 2000? "From: Address Differences Beginning with Exchange 2003 Microsoft is respecting the rules of mail transfer noted in RFC 822. This is a good thing. However, what people will notice may make them feel something is broken. The change comes because the Sender: header is now respected. If the address on the Sender: line is different from the address on the From: line then this discrepancy is reflected on the From: line as follows: owner-test-l@slac.stanford.edu on behalf ...

Email work book.
Hi I have a work book or spread sheet, when filled out it must be sent to a supervisor for verification or approval, After approval it needs to be sent to another person. I want to be able to do this in vba code. The code I am currently using to send to one person is below. Can someone please help me? Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim Mail_workbook_Outlook_1() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) On Error Resume Next With OutMail .To = "xxxxxx@xxx...

Prescheduling email
Is there a procedure in Outlook 2003 for prescheduling an email to automatically send at a specified date and time? I can specify a "Do not send before" date & time, but that only stores it in the Outbox and it must still be manually sent. This is for corporate educational mailings internal to my organization. I am not trying to generate SPAM. Any help will be appreciated. VBNick Are you connecting to an Exchange server or not? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www....

investment type incorrect
I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a MUTUAL FUND. It was entered as a symbol and now I cannot remove the symbol from my list. Unfortunately, bonds do not track like a Mutual Fund. How can one delete an investment from their list. I also have many funds that I no longer have interest in, but can't get rid of them. Help In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: >I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It >entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a >MUTUAL FUND. It w...

unable to deliver email
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 11/3/2003 8:55 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: personxyz.com on 11/3/2003 8:55 AM 550 5.7.1 <personxyz>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [216.233.56.224] -------------------------- You help is GREATLY appreciated. I can be reached at dbensonkdsgroupinc.com ...

Attachment description in email body
I am using Outlook 2003. Is there a way to have make a notation of the filename being sent as an attachment in the body of the email? In other words, when I send an email with an attachment, I would like to be able to file the sent mail in a folder without the attachment but with a notation/comment of the name of the attachment. not by default. Mapilabs.com has a utility that removes attachments as do several others - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for a complete list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, ...

Workflow Email
I have a workflow created (v3) that sends an email at a certain date. CRM sends the email from the entity owner. I would like the email to be from a more generic email address (ie generalsupport@xxx.com). Is there a way to do this? It could be a constant for every email in the worklfow. There seem to be no controls on the FROM aspect of the email. Thanks Heather ...

Exchange 5.5 Migration question
In Exchange 5.5, I was able to use the Internet Mail Service Connections tab to configure DNS for Message Delivery. In this tab, there is also a "Specify by E-Mail Domain" button that allows you to enter a domain and the IP address of that domain's email server. I need to do this with our new Exchange 2003 server. How do I do this? Thanks, Mike Ober. if you mean a way to forward email bound for a specific domain to a specific IP address, you will need to configure an smtp connector on your Exchange 2003 server...you might want to look at this: http://support.microsoft....

How do I Disable Photo Email
Recently I noticed Mail has turned on "Photo Emails" by itself, after I had selceted "no" many times when pasting an image, finally clicking "no" and selecting "do not ask again". I do not like sending emails with images as "Photo Emails", period. I like to be able to copy a picture, click "New" and just paste the image and have it show up as an embed. Every time I try to paste an imagine into an email now though, it comes up as a "Photo Email". I have tried changing the registry value for "Publish Photos&qu...

how to scan an image into new email message.
anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? -- 5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com The scanning software may have a "scan to email" function. James <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote: > anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as > an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? Nothing can be on your computer without being on your disk, just like you cannot have a thought without it residing in your brain. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wr...

Incorrect values on pivot chart???help!!!
I have a pivot chart with the names/technicians/codes...When I change to the month of July it only shows like three patients. I have approximately 200 entered in. It appears to work fine for all other months. It just will not work for this one. I have had alot of trouble with the grouping feature for the months to try to show what is happening per technician, per doctor, per month...Any suggestions? -- ultrasounds4u Does the pivot table source range include all the July rows of data? To check, right-click on a cell in the pivot table Click PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button to g...

The parameter is incorrect
An error "The parameter is incorrect" is encopuntered when drag and drop an Email from Outlook to Winodws explorer for uploading doc to sharepoint portal. Thx! DH Does it work if you restart outlook? (and keep working as long as you don't open one of the messages from explorer). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...

email #69
i have a problem with email. when i hit send, i get a message that reads, "microsoft outlook could not sign or encrypt this message because you have no certificaties which can be used to send from the e-mail address." What is wrong and what do I need to do? Thanks. go7777777@hotmail.com Tools>Options> security tab> uncheck everything on that tab. Also--Did you know you can't use Outlook with new Hotmail accts? "g" wrote: > i have a problem with email. when i hit send, i get a message that reads, > "microsoft outlook could not sign or enc...

send email to all contacts
How do i send out an email to all contacts at the same time ?. I just got win 7 and this is my first time sending out groupn email. In a new message window: View | CC & BCC. Check it. Click on Bcc and add the addresses. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "marine one" <marine one@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC510DA1-B836-4E36-B5A8-FB9ED480E772@microsoft.com... > How do i send out an email to all contacts at the same time ?. > I just got win 7 and this is my first time sending ou...

Incoming email
After installation of Windows SBS 2008 I want Sharepoint to receive email. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have WSS 3.0 accept incoming email on a server also hosting MS Exchange ? ------=_NextPart_0001_B8891339 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Incoming email needs SMTP service configured in the IIS server. Having exchange server installed should not be an issue. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262947.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/selvagan/archive/2008/01/26/incoming-email-configurati on-moss.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Action Promised field shows incorrect details
In Collection Management we created 2 action ID's 'Send Letter' and 'interest'. Then ran a query to select customers that need to be send a first reminder (trx > sales > build query). Then we want to print these reminders for the selection of customers created (trx > sales > query letters). As we use the first reminder here, the action SEND letter is taken. Then we want to print (here for the same query, normally you would first create another query) a reminder for interest to be paid (after X days due), and we print the letters. Here the letter is Inter...

Emailing a list of names
Hi Can you explain how to send the same email to a group of names which are contained within an Excel or Word file? The main body of the email and subject field would be the same for each name within the list except for personalizing each by adding the recipient&#8217;s first name at the start and a numeric string, part of a web link contained within the email. Thanks Guest You can use the Excel or Word file as the data source for a mail merge. The problem is that if you use HTML format, any per-recipient hyperlink won't be active, and if you use plain text format, you'll g...

Incorrect time on IMAP in box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the TIME displayed on incoming messages shows 09:56:***PST. Can anyone explain or offer a suggestion as to how to correct this issue. Is there a separate clock perhaps on the motherboard? Thanx for any help. On 12/12/09 6:48 PM, in article 59baee9a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "RareHero@officeformac.com" <RareHero@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the > TIME displayed ...

How do I keep photo from showing in body of emails?
How do I keep my photos from showing up in the body of the emails that I send? I just set up Windows Mail where I was just using the server for my mail. Everytime I send a photo now as an attachment it shows up in the body of the email which is a real pain for the person receiving it. I just want it as an attachment! Help??? It is a copy of the photos placed *after* the message text. OE and WM have always worked this way. You can control what you see, but not what They see. IOW, if you were reading in Plain Text, then the pictures would not show. You could always put the...