Incorrect address book showing in Delegates window

I've got a user who is trying to add a delegate in Outlook 2003, but
when she opens the Delegates->Add window, the address list she's
showing is "All Local Groups."  I've made sure that in her Outlook
address book properties, "Global Address List" is set in the "Show this
address list first" drop-down, and that the only two lists that Outlook
is supposed to check against are "Global Address List," All Users" and
"All Groups."  Yet still, the Delegates window still only shows "All
Local Groups."

Has anyone ever seen this before?  I've tried monkeying with the
address book, and on my own machine I tried setting a different address
list to show in the Address Book properties and then deleting my
Outlook profile, but I couldn't get my own Delegates->Add windows to
change from the (correct) setting I have to something else.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks a lot!

Andrew

0
agshender (2)

 make sure your user is added to the GAL and also the group of users

<agshender@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a user who is trying to add a delegate in Outlook 2003, but
> when she opens the Delegates->Add window, the address list she's
> showing is "All Local Groups."  I've made sure that in her Outlook
> address book properties, "Global Address List" is set in the "Show this
> address list first" drop-down, and that the only two lists that Outlook
> is supposed to check against are "Global Address List," All Users" and
> "All Groups."  Yet still, the Delegates window still only shows "All
> Local Groups."
>
> Has anyone ever seen this before?  I've tried monkeying with the
> address book, and on my own machine I tried setting a different address
> list to show in the Address Book properties and then deleting my
> Outlook profile, but I couldn't get my own Delegates->Add windows to
> change from the (correct) setting I have to something else.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks a lot!
>
> Andrew

0
wrecks (7)
9/12/2006 8:31:24 PM
The user is definitely on the Global Address List and in all the proper
user groups.

To make things weirder, she had a delegate already set up until
yesterday.  She removed her delegate, then when she went to add a new
one she didn't get the global list, but the local group list.  Funky.

Any more ideas?  Thanks!

Andrew

Wrecks (MCP) wrote:
> make sure your user is added to the GAL and also the group of users
>

> <agshender@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I've got a user who is trying to add a delegate in Outlook 2003, but
> > when she opens the Delegates->Add window, the address list she's
> > showing is "All Local Groups."  I've made sure that in her Outlook
> > address book properties, "Global Address List" is set in the "Show this
> > address list first" drop-down, and that the only two lists that Outlook
> > is supposed to check against are "Global Address List," All Users" and
> > "All Groups."  Yet still, the Delegates window still only shows "All
> > Local Groups."
> >
> > Has anyone ever seen this before?  I've tried monkeying with the
> > address book, and on my own machine I tried setting a different address
> > list to show in the Address Book properties and then deleting my
> > Outlook profile, but I couldn't get my own Delegates->Add windows to
> > change from the (correct) setting I have to something else.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Andrew

0
agshender (2)

emailing multiple addresses
Hello, my name is Ron using Excel XP and outlook express. I have a columb containig e-mail address (hyperlinks). who can I mail more than one address at a time? each click on an address opens a new message, I'd like to add a few to the message's "To" field (I know I can copy paste... ) I need to send the same message to more than one person thanks- Ron If someone tells you how to do this, using Excel alone, I'll be happy for you . . . and will kick myself. I just bought a program called e-Campaign that does exactly what you want to do. It's available here http:/...

adding multiple addresses to safe list at once
Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and add them to the safe senders list at the same time? Josh Michel <jamichel@iastate.edu> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and > add them to the safe senders list at the same time? I don't believe Outlook has that ability. -- Brian Tillman ...

Advanced Find Only Showing Results When Stop Pressed
Outlook 2000 when using the advanced find option in outlook 2000, the results are only shown when the stop button is pressed, otherwise it looks like the find sits there "searching" forever. is there a patch for this issue? any thoughts appreciated Peter I am having the Same Issue...Did you get it fixed...Doesn't anyone have a soloution? Office 2000 happended after updating to SP3... "Peter" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > when using the advanced find option in outlook 2000, the > results are only shown when the stop button is pressed, > otherwise...

FS: CHEAP Books
I am selling these books in a lot. I am not selling them individually. Total Number of books: 11 Total List Price Value: $476.98 Total Asking price: $50 Location: Houston, TX USA, but willing to ship via Media Mail. I take Paypal. Most of the books are in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. A small minority may have some shelfwear. There may be remainder marks. One book has a tear on the binding cover, but the binding is as tight as a drum. There is no highlighting or writing in any of the books. Please include the subject heading so that I will know which books your are interested in as I ...

First Slide with mp3 file not advancing in powerpoint show
I have inserted an .mp3 file on the first slide of my PowerPoint Show. I have added transition effects and timing. When I try to start the show slide 1 just sits there and doesn't transition to Slide 2. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I need an answer today (Tueday 5/18) if at all possible. Look at problem 1 and answer 2 here. http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/keep_playing.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "mpeters306" wrote: > I...

Windows Update Failures
Running Windows XP Pro, SP3 and Office 2007 Ultimate. I have five updates that will not install. I am getting three different error codes. I have searched the web and this message board for a solution to no avail. I have tried installing each one individually, in groups (e.g. Office 2007 group and Windows XP group), as well as trying to install all five together. Regardless, I always get the same error codes on each of these. Below are the updates and the error codes received for each one. Appreciate any help to get over this issue. Windows XP - Microsoft .NET Framewo...

Bank Balance $0 Incorrect
I am using Money to synch with my Citibank Business account. Recently, I've noticed in Money that the Bank Balance is listed as $0 even though I have a balance. The transactions are downloading and synching correctly and I can balance it each month, but for whatever reason, the bank balance is listed as $0. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a resolution for this? All my other accounts, including a Citibank personal credit card account, display the correct bank balance. Thanks, Merg -- Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet. In micr...

addresses missing in To: field
Hope some has seen this. I have two users who recieved the same email from someone on the outside. They were both addressed in the To: field. Person A gets the email in his inbox and sees all the people listed in the To: field. In Person B's inbox he sees the same email only his email address is in the To: field and not person A's even though the send put both of their names in the To: field of the originating message. Thanks If user B isn't seeing this problem with other senders, either the sender in this case didn't put both in (perhaps resent the message after mi...

'file in use' not showing
Dear all, I'm new in this forum, sorry if problem I'm explaining isn't new fo you. I try to explain with my poor English: in company where I am, user works with Windows XP and Office XP sp3. Some times when they open excel file on a network share already opened by someone, doesn' receives the usual notification "file in use". I'm supposing that is caused by slow network performances. Someone can help me? TNX and sorry for my bad English:eek -- slupp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sluppo's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

date shows none in out of box
Cannot send e-mails, I can compose an e-mail and it goes into the outbox but will not send. The date shows none in the outbox. Every e-mail I compose goes into the outbox but the date shows none. Please advise Michael wrote: > Cannot send e-mails, I can compose an e-mail and it goes into the > outbox but will not send. The date shows none in the outbox. Every > e-mail I compose goes into the outbox but the date shows none. > Please advise Version of Outlook? Type of Mail Server? If pop/imap, does it go if you do a Send/Recieve? Did it ever work? Any known changes between i...

Windows remote assistance
Why is it when I am given an invitation to help someone and I click on the ticket that it is unable to establish the connection On 06 Sep 2010, =?Utf-8?B?am9lbHBleXRvbg==?= <joelpeyton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: > Why is it when I am given an invitation to help someone and I > click on the ticket that it is unable to establish the connection They turned their computer off. Somebody's firewall blocked it. Sunspots. A bunny rabbit chewed through their data line. Wrong password. God disapproves Jesus dis...

How to set maximizing window for Excel?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize the excel window whenever I open excel? I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into normal mode. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to open in maximizing windown for Excel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric expressed precisely : > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize the excel window whenever > I open excel? > I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get ...

Windows Security Essentials on Server?
Does anyone know if Windows Security Essentials will run on Windows Server? -Frank NOPE!!!! http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/resources.aspx?mkt=en-us&s=1#ma inN On 5/27/10 11:05 AM, in article 1dqdnQFmEv2kF2PWnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@giganews.com, "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if Windows Security Essentials will run on Windows Server? > > -Frank Absolutely not!!!! MSE is a personal security software and isn't meant for a server environment... Regards, Hank Arnold Microsoft MVP Windows Server...

Deleted Permission Admin account (Address Book Views).
Can anyone tell me how to recover or add a new Permissions Admin account to the "Address Book Views"? The user account holding these rights was deleted by one of my predisessors. Exchange only reports an ".\Unknown Account" with Admin Role in the Permissions tab of the "Address Book Properties"-page. I'm using Exchange 5.5 SP5 on a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows NT4.0 domain. Thank you. The site services account should be able to do it. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Rola...

PowerPoint 2002 and Windows 7
I was told that Office XP works fine in Windows 7 except for Outlook. I am double checking that PowerPoint 2002 will work correctly in Windows 7. Will it? Thanks. ...

Windows Reset Without BugCheck
Hi All, I have a driver using COM port internally. I need accurate read timing so I am reading bytes one by one. I start with reading a single byte and on read completion I am sending another request for the next byte. The flow of execution is so that if there are a few bytes pending every read will complete immediately before function return, like this: Two Single Bytes: Read (1) Read (1) Completion invoked - Read (2) Read (1) Completion done Read (2) Completion invoked - Read (3) Read (2) Completion done Multiple Bytes pending: Read (1) Read (1) Completion invoked...

Prospects Not showing in Nav bar
Hello all, Just recently we have opened the Prospect entity feature to some users, that is the security role was modified so that the users can create/modify their own prospects. While the Prospects entity is visible in the Nav Bar in the Web client but for some reason it does not show up in the Outlook Desktop client. Any ideas or has anyone seen such a thing ? Please advise. thanks -G ...

Insert file name in header without showing extension
I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension? 1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and check the option "Hide extensions for known files". OR: 2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names - make use of a Macro: ------------------------------------------------------- Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension() On Error Resume Next LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, "...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Change Windows 7 Startup Sound?
Has anyone found a foolproof way to change the Windows 7 startup sound (imageres.dll)? I've tried a few methods and none of them let me complete the processs, even in Safe Mode. "Tom Pamin" <scnrfrq@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:uv5$394bKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Has anyone found a foolproof way to change the Windows 7 startup sound > (imageres.dll)? I've tried a few methods and none of them let me complete > the processs, even in Safe Mode. Why would they? This is an XP group not Windows 7. Windows 7 Forums: http://socia...

Failed windows update
Automatic windows update failed to install the above two updates. Error code 646 came up. I downloaded the two updates from Microsoft website and tried manual install and the result is same with error code 646 and the message 'this package failed to install'. I have vista business and MS Office 2007. The above two updates are related to MS Office 2007 (Infopath 2007 and Outlook 2007) I hope some one can come up with a solution or probably already has one?!! I ended up going round and round on the web and also on microsoft website. Thanks in advance. I'm stuck wi...

How to resolve error "Please check the batch number and address ID
I am getting the following error in Integration Manager when attempting to import Payables transaction: "Please check the Batch Number and Address ID" Nothing appears to be wrong with batch number or address IDs. Has anyone ever seen this error before and/or have any idea how to resolve it? Thanks FYI - I followed the exact template of sample Payables Integration so I am quite confident nothing is wrong with my integration or source data. Furthermore, I have been able to do Receivables integrations on the same machine without any errors. Hello, Please check the following: ...

Segregating separate email addresses
I just "upgraded" from Express to Outlook 2002. I use two different email addresses and don't know how to separate emails I receive. It was a snap in Express. Also, is there a way to send an email without receiving? Learn about rules.... under tools LT "Barbara" <bmoss9547@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:029301c36b49$36a20bc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I just "upgraded" from Express to Outlook 2002. I use > two different email addresses and don't know how to > separate emails I receive. It was a snap in Express. > > Also, is there...

Personal Adress Book Database
Hello, I am trying trying to download the Personal Adress Book database template and get error : Microsoft Office Access can't find the databese file 'C:\.....Make sure you entered the correct path and file name. Can anyone help me get around this? Thankn you for your time! ...

How to get user name which is active in windows
I am working a software which can set specific conf. for each user, so my program needs to know which user is active now, which API or MFC class can do it? -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure GetUserName/GetUserNameEx --- Ajay I do it like this: // This function is useful for retrieving the current user name BOOL GetUser(CString &csUser) { TCHAR szUserName[80]; DWORD dwResult, cchBuff = 80; // Call the WNetGetUser function. dwResult = WNetGetUser(NULL, (LPTSTR) szUserName, &cchBuff); if(dwResult != NO_ERROR) return false; csUser = szUserName; ...