incoming mail

Hello frineds, the incoming mail does not get to my inbox until I try to
open an existing email, strange problem. I am running Outlook XP sp2 with
Exchange 5.5 sp4 in back. Does anybody  know the reason for this behavior?
Thanks.

0
baig17 (11)

Good afternoon,

    If you mean you are not notified about new mail messages until you do
something in Outlook, this is normal if the "new mail" notifications are not
reaching your client from the server.  This notification is sent via a UDP
packet to the client, and is highly susceptible to being intercepted and
dropped, especially when using MAPI via the Internet.  This knowledge base
article further describes the issue:

264035 XADM: No Way to Configure Port for UDP New Mail Notification Packets
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=264035

You may want to check for the presence of firewalls and other filtering
between you and your Exchange server.  If you are on the same network as
your Exchange server, personal firewall products such as ZoneAlarm can
potentially block these notifications.

Thanks,
Wes

--
Wes Mills, MCSE MCSA
Exchange Connectors / Foreign Connectors

"Android" <baig17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello frineds, the incoming mail does not get to my inbox until I try to
> open an existing email, strange problem. I am running Outlook XP sp2 with
> Exchange 5.5 sp4 in back. Does anybody  know the reason for this behavior?
> Thanks.

0
wesmills (1)

Exchange 2003 and Spam E-mail
Hi Everyone, We're currently receiving a lot of bounced e-mails that were supposidily sent from our domain, this is probably down to a spammer spoofing addresses on our domain as the sender of the e-mails. The bounce and failure notification e-mails are coming in to genuine addresses. They are not being caught by our anti-spam service because they don't appear to be spam. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of configuring Exchange 2003 to reject the bounced e-mail replies that were not sent from an address on our domain _through the Exchange server_? Can Exchange somehow check the ...

rejected e-mail address to hotmail.com
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'someone@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Reset Your Mouse For 2010', Account: 'po.pacific.net.id', Server: 'smtp.telkom.net', Protocol: SMTP, S...

How to change the sent mail alert sound in Outlook 2003
When I started using Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client, it imported all my info from Outlook Express including the alert sounds. I cannot figure out how to change the alert sound when an e-mail completes it's SENDING process. The incoming alert sound is easy; there is an option to change it. There does not seem to be a way to change the SENT mail sound alert. Anyone know how to do it ?? Do you use a third party program to produce the sent mail sound? Neither Outlook nor Outlook Express has that ability, unless you are using Rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Deleted e-mails
I have outlook 2000. Is their any way to retrieve deleted e-mails (deleted from the deleted items file)? If you connect to an Exchange server configured to allow this, yes. If not, no, not unless you had a backup of your PST file...sorry. Senait wrote: > I have outlook 2000. Is their any way to retrieve deleted > e-mails (deleted from the deleted items file)? ...

E-mail bounce back error
The code is 5.2.3. I have tried increasing the maximum size of out going e-mails in exchange with no luck of getting my e-mails out. Does anyone have any other ideas besides increase size of incoming and outgoing e-mails. Thanks, ...

PDF extention lost when mailing quotes
Has anyone experienced that the .pdf is removed from an email attachment when the quote is sent out of CRM (3.0 SBE Dutch Language) to a Netscape email address. Assume this does not happen when sent to a non netscape address? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <kimartin@reesmanley.com> wrote in message news:1141658288.133763.265490@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone experienced that the .pdf is removed from an email > attachment when the quote is sent out of CRM (3.0 SBE Dutch Language) > to a Ne...

sending mail to different people
How can I send a message with an attachment and selectively select who should receive the message and the attachment and who should receive only the message but no attachment? This is very usual when some people are traveling and check their e-mail through slow connections. Any help is appreciated. Luis >How can I send a message with an attachment and >selectively select who should receive the message and the >attachment and who should receive only the message but no >attachment? You can't. You can approximate this behavior, though. After composing the message but ...

Mail Flow Problem Between 2 Internal Exchange Servers
Recently I added a second Exchange server to the network. The 1st server is Exchange 2000 and the 2nd is Exchange 2003. Both are located in the same physical network site and subnet, exchange administrative group, and exchange routing group. I created one test user/mailbox on the 2nd server. I can sucessfully send mail to the 2nd exchange server's test mailbox from mailbox user on the 1st server but cannot send messages to the user/mailboxes on the 1st server from the test mailbox. In otherwords I can recieve email but cannot send from the test user/mailbox on the new server. Any ...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Delay in sending mail to mail enabled public folders
Setup an Exchange 2003 server and replicated the public folders from the Exchange 2000 server. When I send email to the mail enabled public folders delivery is very sporadic and can take several hours. Mail from inside the domain will show up in the public folders instantly. We have no trouble sending or receiving mail from the mailboxes. Any ideas? thanks, Hugh On 7 Oct 2005 12:21:41 -0700, hughtwg@yahoo.com wrote: >Setup an Exchange 2003 server and replicated the public folders from >the Exchange 2000 server. When I send email to the mail enabled public >folders delivery is very...

mail with big attachment cant be sent
hi everyone, i have an exchange 5.5 server. every time that i am trying to sent mail with attachment bigger than 900k i recieve the folloing message: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 11/12/2003 10:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'kadum_le@yahoo.com' on 11/12/2003 10:28 Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=BOOKTTCUK;l=MAILTTC-031211102658Z-9717 MSEXCH:IMS:BOOKTTCUK:London:MA...

Imputed Income on Group Term Life in excess of $50k
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is any functionality in HR or PR that does the calculation of imputed income on the value of group term life insurance (GTLI) in excess of $50k? It is an IRS requirement that the imputed income be reported on the employee's W2 at year end. I've searched all my resources but find nothing. Thx, Frank Yes, HR has this functionality. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Frank" wrote: > I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is any functionality in HR or PR > that does the calculation of imputed income on the value of group term &...

Taking out domain names out of e-mail adresses
Hello, In Excel I have a column with a few e-mail addresses. And I was wondering if it's possible to take the domain name out of the e-mail address and put them in the column next to it? Thanks, Ruben =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1)) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Pilaarbijter" <de.pilaarbijter@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Oe4SNcI3GHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > In Excel I have a column with a few e-mail addresses. And I was wondering > if it's possible to take ...

An E-mail template with attachments
Hi, Is it possible to create an e-mail template with attachment files? -Sam- ...

How Do i Get Access tables to mail merge in Word
I am trying to link a table or the results of a query to a word report template that i can use to display all of the records of a given table. For instance, in any given quarter, we may have 5 new sumps. When I open the word template i want those 5 records to appear within the template. Then, during the next quarter, if there are 10 new records, i want to table to automatically update. That is, it will adjust to show all five records. The way the template is currently set up, I have to manually edit the tables by copying and pasting the records from the queries or tables in Access to ...

How to import .dbx files to Outlook e-mail program
When the motherboard on my computer burned the repair people were able to save all files. They created a backup disc and I successfully installed everything on my new computer with one exception. They were able to save my "saved" e-mails from my former Outlook Express program. So I have a file from their disc titled "email Folders for import" which contains 13 folders. These are dbx folders and I need help importing these into my current e-mail program which is Outlook. My new computer has Windows 7. Can someone walk me through the procedure. I, as you h...

assign reply mail to case
Hi! i created a workflow to send follow-up mail to customer when a case is created, i want the reply mail from the customer to be tracked in case with a workflow Thanks in advance Rakesh ...

Unable to send or recieve mail with Windows Live Mail
Whenever i try to Sync with my hotmail account from WLM i have had the following error for about a week now: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail.co (my email address) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 4402 Server Response: Client FolderId 327 is not found in the request Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/...

Mails are automaticaly deleted after being reading
Hello all, I've got a little problem with Outlook 2002. Wenn I get a new message in the receive box and I open it to read it, and wenn I click on the cross to close the email, the mail is automaticaly deleted from outlook without being moving in the deleted items folder. The problem is if I don't answer directly, the message is lost. I already checked the options but I can't found which one musts be changed to keep all the messages in the incomming box. I hoppe you will anderstand my problem and that someone will be able to help me Best regards, Tommy. Tommy <thierry...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Any thoughts or advice on the following. I did have to reboot the machine as it froze before this happened and now it won't go away. Corrupted profile somewhere? If so what do I delete? Many thanks for any assistance. Regards Jeremy Instone Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.btinternet.com account. The connection to the server has failed. Server: 'mail.btinternet.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10061 Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no add...

Sent e-mail disappear!!!!!!!!! Can you help
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: Can anyone help with Outlook 2002 Problems From: "robin hickey" <robin@e-s-p.eu.com> Sent: 3/3/2004 9:38:36 AM Hi, I have Office XP pro, which I upgrated to because my other installation of 2000 still had the following problems... When I send an e-mail it is received by whoever it is sent to, and it appears in the outbox before it is sent, but then just disapeers without being able to be found anywhere?? Is this a virus? Also, when creating my own letterheads for two different e- mail accounts, but using one...

error with sending mails .

setting up e-mail
We used to have an account and email address. When we got our computer back from the shop we are unable to log back in. We cant seem to find out account. How can we can an account again. You need to be more specific. An account with whom? If you mean a free Yahoo account, read on: US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP=20 access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.ht= ml and use the spec...

Automatically diverting incoming messages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Is it possible to have incoming messages automatically diverted to someone else's email address? I am concerned about fulfilling web orders for products when I am away from home. On 2010-04-29 12:52:41 -0400, trp@officeformac.com said: > Is it possible to have incoming messages automatically diverted to > someone else's email address? I am concerned about fulfilling web > orders for products when I am away from home. You can create a rule to either forward or redirect e...