incoming mail

Hello frineds, the incoming mail does not get to my inbox until I try to
open an existing email, strange problem. I am running Outlook XP sp2 with
Exchange 5.5 sp4 in back. Does anybody  know the reason for this behavior?
Thanks.

0
baig17 (11)

Good afternoon,

    If you mean you are not notified about new mail messages until you do
something in Outlook, this is normal if the "new mail" notifications are not
reaching your client from the server.  This notification is sent via a UDP
packet to the client, and is highly susceptible to being intercepted and
dropped, especially when using MAPI via the Internet.  This knowledge base
article further describes the issue:

264035 XADM: No Way to Configure Port for UDP New Mail Notification Packets
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=264035

You may want to check for the presence of firewalls and other filtering
between you and your Exchange server.  If you are on the same network as
your Exchange server, personal firewall products such as ZoneAlarm can
potentially block these notifications.

Thanks,
Wes

--
Wes Mills, MCSE MCSA
Exchange Connectors / Foreign Connectors

"Android" <baig17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello frineds, the incoming mail does not get to my inbox until I try to
> open an existing email, strange problem. I am running Outlook XP sp2 with
> Exchange 5.5 sp4 in back. Does anybody  know the reason for this behavior?
> Thanks.

0
wesmills (1)

send webpage by e-mail
After sending a webpage by e-mail using MS IE 6, I received the mail using OL 2003. The pictures in the webpage become whole bunch of .gif attachments and the body is just plain text of the webpage. Please note that I have the following configuration in OL 2003: 1) Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->"Read all standard mail in plain text" unchecked 2) Tools->Options->Security->Change Automatic Download Settings->"Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail" unchecked Please help out, thanks. ...

Restrict Incoming/Outgoing Internet Mail
We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a network account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6 months. She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff - therefore ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to an FTP site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so I am going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages to internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I k...

Exchange 2000: e-mail account does not exist
I was having an issue with a users mailbox that i could not fix (Calendar reminders would never pop up), so i exported the mailbox to a .pst and deleted the mailbox. I created a fresh new mailbox and imported the .pst and now at random people get this message when trying to send email to the mailbox: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <tgp14.blabhlabh.com #5.1.1> This happens both internally and externally and I have not found any...

NDR flooding our mail boxes
NDR flooding our mail boxes Hi all, Single domain one Exchange 2003 SP2 native on windows 2000 SP4. All of a sudden our users are getting flooded with NDR from all sources. In ESM \internet Message Formats\default properties\ advanced tab Allow delivery reports, Allow non-delivery reports are Unchecked. SMPT virtual server all filters are checked. We get 200+ non delivery from system administrator…..in every mail box. Please let me know On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:21:01 -0800, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >NDR flooding our mail boxes > >Hi all, >Single...

Windows Mail fails when connecting to AIM.COM mail server
I tried to post this earlier, but I don't see it. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have an HP laptop with Vista as the OS. I use Windows Mail to access my aim.com email. I've used this for over a year. Suddenly, I am getting the following error. I can connect to the aim web mail, so my password, etc is valid and working. This seems to be an SSL error, but I have not changed my configuration of the servers in Windows Mail. Any ideas why this is suddenly occurring? Thanks. -------------Error message below ------------------- The connection to the server has failed....

All incoming email denied
All of a sudden on Saturday, all incoming email is bieng returned "denied" (at least that what the sender is telling me, I have not seen the actual error report). We can send mail internally and externally, but no one can send mail to us. Any ideas, need some place to start. Look at your SMTP logs, see if there is anything usual in the event logs, get a copy of the NDR from an external source. Use your hotmail, gmail.... account to test. Nue "chris" <you@me.com> wrote in message news:uQ4HJAkYGHA.4432@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden on Saturday,...

Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"
Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)" change from the mail server I have specified to "local" and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account name" /meMailServerName Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually change it back to original setting so I can get my mail. Shawn This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an...

imputed income
does anyone know how to enter imputed income on a salary stub transaction in money 2002? (or any version for that matter).......i know that i can create/enter the category, but it's not showing on my M2002 tax statements. when i compare my W2 with the amount from the M2002 account the difference is my imputed income. does anyone else have or know how to deal with imputed income?????? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 9/29/2003 See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney...

Mail Bouncing. Pls help!!!
I am using exchange server 2003. One of my user is facing a strange problem. Once in abt 15-20 days one or two of her mails bounce giving the following error...... The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Rajat Adhikari on 4/12/2004 10:44 PM Remote could not copy the local message to the server for submission.Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. The receipent is also on local network. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!! ...

outlook e-mails and address book
I have three e-mail accounts call them 1 2 3. This morning working with Dell thought we had it straight 1 was the default 2 was setup to pass on emails to 1 that means any inmail to 1 and 2 would show up twice in 1 so far ok 3 was by itself so that people who had this as my email coud use it while doing all this i have lost (or they have gone somewhere else) about 7 emails in the inbox and about the same number in the sent. have also lost or disappeared my entire contacts list of aboiut 50 names. Earlier Dell told me that my software contract was over and any other help wo...

Search Folder for Internal Mail
I've asked about this on the MS Group, got a reply, but the information didn't help. I want a search folder that finds all unopened mail in the inbox but excludes external mail. I've added the conditions to exclude @ and <> in the sender's address, but it still finds the external mail. I've rearranged this rule many times and I left out the @ which was recommended, but external mail is still found. We just came off of GroupWise where the same conditions were used and the search folder worked. This folder is for one of our executives that can get up to 800 messages a ...

Problem mail-enabling users
In Exchange 2003, I mail-enabled some users in Active Directory on a Windows 2000 domain controller. Several of the users didn't get an SMTP address by the recepient policy. After I entered an address for each user they are listed in the Global Address List, but they have two mailboxes, one enabled and one Xed out. They can access the good mailbox from Outlook Web Access, but when I try to create a MAPI profile, it indicates it can't find them in the address list. With one user I first purged the bad mailbox. When that didn't work, I removed the Exchange attributes and tried to cre...

Incoming emails are not tracking
I have CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003. I have email tracking turned on. At the moment I am only using the web client to test the system. When I send mail it creates an activity and adds the tracking token just fine. However, when I reply, the emails do go to the users box and forward to the CRM mailbox, but no activities are created, eventhough the token is in tact. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening. It is important that I track incoming emails. Thanks. check event logs on the exchange server...it may be that the router is having a problem contacting the crm server ...

Not receiving e-mails 02-28-10
I keep getting the following e-mails even though my e-mail box is just about empty. I have also deleted all my sent and deleted e-mails; A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded. The following is the reason that the message was over quota: Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox Quota Available: 5974 Total Quota: 10240000 That message is coming from your mail server and is referencing the Inbox on the server, not the one in WinMail. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Adv...

Mails Received Have Attachments of the Mail
Problem With Outlook: After a while of outlook (outlook 2002) being open - all mails received in plain text format have a text attachment named <subject of email>.txt This is not an antivirus tool doing this as I turned all these off. It's also not a server issue by the looks of things as I have numerous accounts with different providers and it happens with each account. Any help appreciated! Thanks Tom ...

Incoming junk mail not going to Junk E-Mail folder
Yes, yes, here I am again. I have this situation where the incoming e-mail is not being dropped into the Junk E-Mail folder. The setting is set to low, which is the default, yet all the junk mail which would normally drop into my Junk E-Mail folder ends up in my Inbox. I had this recently and I was searching for a solution, but had not made any changes in days, and then it just started working again. Unfortunately, I had to reformat the drive and reinstall everything and now this has come up again. What fun. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP2 w...

INCOMING
Can Access either alone or with the help of an applet detect an incoming phone call? Thanks DS ...

Mail not visible in outlook #2
Hi sbs 2003 standard. If I go into outlook web access using <ip address>/remote I can see all user created folders under inbox and all emails in them. In outlook however I only see the subfolders under inbox but no mail items in any of them. If I do send/receive I get the following error; Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107):' Could not open the item. Try again. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:19:05 -0000, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >sbs 200...

can't send to outside e-mail
Some users, apparently those who cannot receive e-mail, cannot send to certain e-mail addresses. I have had automatic e-mails going out every evening for the last four or five years. Our network administrator recently upgraded to windows 2003 server. Since that time e-mails form cetrain users will not be delivered to certain outside e-mail addresses. For these same users some e-mails will be delivered. Please help, I need the e-mail messages and my network administrator does not seem interested in the problem What kind of NDR do you receive? "JoeElla" <JoeElla@discuss...

Forward incoming emails for one account to an external email addre
I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all incoming email to be forwarded to an external account. I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain fully how to do this. Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide? Setup a Contact in your AD forest with the email address of the foreign mail system. Under the advanced setting of the Exchange mailbox add an alternate recipient to the Contact object. Regards, PaulB "samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A59A6E9-C1AE-4297-81AD-D10364847C7...

Additional Attachments on E-mail mailshots
I have prepared an e-mail mailshot on Publisher, but when mailed to some e-mail addresses (eg Hotmail) it appears with all of the images, backgrounds etc as attachments (25 at the last count). I've eliminated a few of these by using the Design Checker feature. Anyone any ideas as to how I avoid the rest. I don't think my customers will be too pleased with loads of attachments. Send the publication as a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here often. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a save as PDF converter: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

Autoreply on incoming messages
I've tried to set a rule that replies automatically when incoming e-mails arrive. I want the rule to be server based, however it doesnt work for me. Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:26:26 +0200, "lars" <djxtc@spray.se> wrote: >I've tried to set a rule that replies automatically when incoming e-mails >arrive. I want the rule to be server based, however it doesnt work for me. >Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? HOw does it not work? Please explain the rule you've created Please be aware you can't have ...

Team leaders needed online! Extra income!
http://tinyurl.com/c363e Make extra income online today! APPROVED by watchdog site Scam.com, you can rely on full support and assistance with this business model, new in 2005. Get out what you put in! No get rich overnight promises here. Low investment to become a full team member! ($32) with no other costs ever being required. http://tinyurl.com/c363e --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050806095547H8z8FaM6 ...

Recovering Shift+Deleted mails from PST
Hi, Is there any way to recover Shift+ Deleted mails from PST? The regular method of recovering deleted mails from the sever works here, but only for mails that were received within the last four days. Is there any way I could recover older mails or can I redirect mails deleted PST mails to some place from where I can recover ? Disk recovery programs don't seem to work. Regards, Sushama Pst-files don't work with the server recovery settings. There is a slight change of recovering the items by using the steps described here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeletedi...

Multi incoming e-mail
Hi, I have a problem I have 9 e-mail domains that are incoming mail to an exchange 2003 server, what I want to do is this ! @domain1.com will be the e-mail address I will use But I will accept mail to @domain2.com and @domain3..9.com and when I get e-mail to those domain I want to rename them to @domain1.com and insert them into the exchange store. Is there anyway to do this ? with out having to insert e-mail address for each domain for each user have many user and short live :-) Thanks In Advance Aegir Thordarson ...