Incoming junk mail not going to Junk E-Mail folder

Yes, yes, here I am again.  I have this situation where the incoming e-mail
is not being dropped into the Junk E-Mail folder.  The setting is set to
low, which is the default, yet all the junk mail which would normally drop
into my Junk E-Mail folder ends up in my Inbox.  I had this recently and I
was searching for a solution, but had not made any changes in days, and then
it just started working again.  Unfortunately, I had to reformat the drive
and reinstall everything and now this has come up again.  What fun.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?  This is Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP2 with a
POP account.  All updates are applied since I use Microsoft Update in
automatic mode.

"Russell Campbell" <nospam@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, I had to reformat the drive
>and reinstall everything and now this has come up again.  What fun.  Does
>anyone have any suggestions?  This is Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP2 with a
>POP account.  All updates are applied since I use Microsoft Update in
>automatic mode.

I had that happen after a recent update of the Outlook Junk Mail
Filter.  I uninstalled it, then re-installed it.

No problems since.
0
unclegrumpy (296)
12/19/2007 5:20:14 PM
I'll try it, but how do you uninstall the junk mail filter (or were you
talking about uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook)?

"Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "Russell Campbell" <nospam@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately, I had to reformat the drive
>>and reinstall everything and now this has come up again.  What fun.  Does
>>anyone have any suggestions?  This is Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP2 with a
>>POP account.  All updates are applied since I use Microsoft Update in
>>automatic mode.
>
> I had that happen after a recent update of the Outlook Junk Mail
> Filter.  I uninstalled it, then re-installed it.
>
> No problems since.

"Russell Campbell" <nospam@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>I'll try it, but how do you uninstall the junk mail filter (or were you
>talking about uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook)?

Nope... the update.  I used Control Panel, Add or remove Programs -
with the block to show updates checked.
0
unclegrumpy (296)
12/20/2007 8:54:41 AM
Well, I'm the grumpy one today.  I'm having to resist the very strong urge
to catch a plane to Redmond and beat the holy living s--t out of Bill Gates.
I uninstalled the Junk E-Mail filter update and tried Outlook.  Same
problem.  Then I went to the Microsoft Update site to reinstall it.  It
scans my computer and tells me that I need the Office 2007 SP 1 update.
Well, guess what?  I don't have that product on my machine, so I'm wondering
how the h-ll M$ thinks I need the service pack.  But - you say - just
deselect it and don't download it.  Ah, wouldn't that be a nice option . . .
if only those piss-ants gave me that option.  I don't want an update I don't
need and I especially don't want it when it's a 620 MB download.  Further
investigation seems to indicate that because I have Expression Web, I have
to download a 620 MB update, the great majority of which will not apply to
me at all.  Again, I'd like to just deselect this update, but those jerks
don't allow for that.  Who do I choke first?!

> "Russell Campbell" <nospam@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>
>>I'll try it, but how do you uninstall the junk mail filter (or were you
>>talking about uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook)?
>
> Nope... the update.  I used Control Panel, Add or remove Programs -
> with the block to show updates checked.

Ok . . . the Office Update site let me install just the Junk E-Mail filter
and that did fix the problem.  So Kudos and thanks to you, Uncle Grumpy.
Now . . . don't think I'm forgiving M$ . . . I still have the problem of not
being able to get Outlook Express to start from Outlook to access newsgroups
and I still have the issue of installing Outlook on my wife's computer
without it trying to use only the nonexistent Exchange server on my network
and instead use a POP account.  You'd think a company with a multibillion
dollar cash horde could get some of this stuff to work correctly, but then
you'd remember it's Microsoft and you'd realize what a pipe dream that is!
My New Year's resolution will be to start moving to Linux and seriously
suggesting that to my clients.

"Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "Russell Campbell" <nospam@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>
>>I'll try it, but how do you uninstall the junk mail filter (or were you
>>talking about uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook)?
>
> Nope... the update.  I used Control Panel, Add or remove Programs -
> with the block to show updates checked.

"Russell Campbell" <nospam@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>Ok . . . the Office Update site let me install just the Junk E-Mail filter
>and that did fix the problem.  So Kudos and thanks to you, Uncle Grumpy.

You're welcome.
0
unclegrumpy (296)

Cant Share for Delegate Folders what can i do?
I'm an assistant and my boss wants me to be able to get to his email from my computer. I have done every thing possible to get the delegates thing to work. Every thing i've read says that you have to right click on the folder and select sharing but when i right click you cant choose sharing, it wont let you. I can get my boss' inbox but not the personal folders and i've tried every thing. Only folders in an Exchange mailbox can be shared. Folders in a Personal = Folders .pst file can't.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 200...

"News" choice missing from Go Menu
Hi, Yesterday I quite easily added the "News" option to my Outlook 2003 "Go" menu and proceeded to download newsgroups from my ISPs NNTP server. Everything was working fine until next time I started Outlook and noticed that the News option is no longer in the Go menu. But News has vanished altogether now. I cannot add News back to the Go menu the way I originally did (described earlier). I can't find it anywhere? Any ideas? TIA, Matt Go to Control Panel/Internet Properties/Programs and set Outlook Express as the newsgroup reader. Restart Outlook and all ...

Mail receiving issue
Hi We have a little issue with our exchange server which is bugging me. Scenario is Windows 2K server with Exchange 2K fully updated. Basically the majority of mail gets through to our exchange server and onto outlook for our users, but some of our mail goes to our fallback (priority 10) location. Why aren't all of our e-mails coming through the exchange server?? There are no messages on the event viewer to suggest there is a problem with Exchange. This can happen anytime during the day. Has anyone got any suggestions??? Thanks Simon Simon, When you state that the email goes ...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

Sent messages are not showing in Sent Items folder
Exch 5.5 server with Outlook 2002. User selected and deleted all messages in the Sent Items Folder. Since that time, sent messages no longer appear in the folder. All settings appear correct and there are no filters applied to the folder. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks! ...

Domain User Cannot Send to Public Folders
Summary: Unless I grant a domain user explicit rights to a mail enabled public folder, mail sent by that user is bounced back to the user. External users can sucessfully send mail to that folder. Details: Exchange 2003 SP2 in native mode, on W2K3 SP1 servers in native mode. Anonymous is given Contributor rights (Create Items, but not Folder Visible) to the folder. Admin Tab: This folder is available to: All users with access permissions Error: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: FOLDERNAME on 4/12/2006 12:31 PM The message reached the recipient's e...

unsend or retrieving e-mails?
Hello there! Here is a nut for the pros... Is it possible in any way to retrieve sent e-mails? Sometimes - like right now - I am a bit (read: very very) frustrated, because I have sent an e-mail to the wrong person. Once in a while I have sent mails from my draft folder, by mistake too. Are there any ways to unsend such messages or perhaps delete them before they are received on the other end of the line?? I am not alone on this, believe me. Only if you are using Exchange server and are trying to retrieve mail from the same organization that has not been opened. You can try using...

2 Personal folders, using Contact Manager
Installation is Outlook 2003, installed from the Small Business Edition of Office 2003, also having Contact Manager installed. Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror each other in every way. A clue as to why, and what to do to remove the superfluous folder would be appreciated. Have tried removing the PST file, and starting Outlook so it created a new one, but the Personal Folder duplicate is still there. Tx2 <tx2newscollection@hotmail.com> wrote: > Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror > each ...

Public Folder Propagate Settings question
In reading through the Exchange documentation on public folder replication and public folder moving to other servers in the site, there is a reference to going to the public folder top level, and clicking on "propagate settings". What it doesn't clarify is, if you have already established MAPI permissions on some sub-folders, and have already established NTFS security settings on some other sub-folders, will these permissions be overwritten with the propagated top level values? I want to replicate all my public folders to another server in the site without having to enable rep...

Junk E-mail filter #2
The Junk E-mail filter I have learned does not work unless Outlook is running in cached mode. I am not sure I understand why this is so. The server does not provide any filtering, so unless we can put up with the delayed access time in cached mode, we can't have any filtering? Is that right? Or is there some other server-side filtering I'm not aware of? Thanks. Tim Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. You are right that the Junk Email filter feature only supports in Cached Exchange Mode. However, on the server side, you may use the following suggestion to prevent spam: 1. ...

Change Color Font on E-mail Signature
I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. Even when I copy and past, it comes out black. Help Hi Ron, i dont know your version. But if you go on your signature under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MAILFORMAT|SIGNATURES|EDIT|FONTS you could create a red line! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00dc01c47a49$0f82ad00$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. > ...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

Incoming e-mails going to everyones e-mail account
I am running OfficeXP on a WindowsXP computer. I have set everyone in my family up with their own profile to log-on to our system. I then went into outlook for each profile and set-up incoming\outgoing mail for each e-mail address, in their profile so they can manage their own mail accounts. For some reason all incoming mail can be seen and read from everyone's mail account profile. And if I delete mail it deletes from all profiles. It seems to be putting all mail in a community inbox. What do I need to do to separate mail accounts? Thank You, Deborah "pugger13@nc.rr.com&qu...

*HELP* Winmail.dat Attachments Wont Go Away
Hello-- Our EVP is trying to email to our legal council and a couple of our BODs (all of which have AOL as their ISPs) and her Word docs and Adobe PDF attachments are being received as winmail.dat files. We are using Exchange Server 2003 Standard and Outlook 2003. We have read MS articles and Symantec articles and have changed her to plain text only--nothing works. Please let us know if you have a solution to this issue. Many thanks, Stephen Where did you change it to plaintext only? Go into outlook and do it there, where you can do no bold underlining NOTHING, if you do it from the...

Getting NDR for email addresses going to Queues
Hi, I have trouble with CRM 1.2, when a email is received to the disabled user and sent to a queue (works fine), Exchange still sends back a NDR (non delivery reply) because the user account is disabled. Any ideas how to fix that? Regards Fredrik Melin Found it myself, took about 2 hours for it to replicate the access rights for the mailbox (on hour small 3 server network) after that it worked. "Fredrik Melin" <mel@no-spam.dacsa-remove-this.net> wrote in message news:u4DtZk3BFHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have trouble with CRM 1.2, when a ema...

Mail Merge #4
I have my address book alphabetized by Last Name, then First Name....and in my book it is correct. However, when I merge this listing into a Label set up...the addresses are all mixed up. How can I sort the merge? ? ? Thanks ...

Message auto defaulted to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor
I have a problem with Outlook defaulting the view to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! ...

Default Mail Account #3
I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the Exchange account becomes the default account. What can i do with this ? I want the pop3 account to be the default. What version of Outlook are you working with? The reason that I ask is that POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier versions. "makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message news:ucI%233u%23xFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. > My clients select their pop3 ac...

Can't send to a certain e-mail address / When used message stays in Outbox / Business Contact Manager
Hi, Have been investigating many articles on e-mails not being sent and remaining in Outbox. I've now narrowed it down to e-mails intended to be send to a specific e-mail address. I'm using WinXPHome Dutch, Office 2003 Dutch with Outlook's Business Contact Manager (BCM) I even changed BCM from an English version to a Dutch version recently but that didn't solve the issue. When I use multiple addresses in the same e-mail it apparently IS sent to all others except for that specific one. Even funnier, when I delete that specific e-mail address from the addressees the e...

reading mail offline
Emails that contain graphics and have been fully downloaded cannot be read offline. Whenever I'm working offline and I need to read one of those emails with graphics, outlook attempts to connect to my host server--even though I've requested as an option that the contents of emails be fully downloaded. The same thing applies to webpages that I've saved in word format--either doc or html. Is there a way for all those emails and pages with graphics to be fully saved on disk so that the program--either outlook or word--does not attempt to connect to the web when I'm offline? z...

Can Someone Please Tell Me What's Going On
=IF(RC[-5]="","",RC[-5]+RC[-4]) =IF(RC[-11]="","",IF(RC[-1]="","",IF(RC[-11]=RC[-1],"+","-"))) =IF(RC[-1]="","",IF(RC[-1]<RC[-4],"u",IF(RC[-1]>RC[-4],"o",IF(RC[-1]=RC[-4],"p")))) In all of my formulas in all of my workbooks (that I've been working on) there is this "RC." I have no earthly idea what this is or what it means. It's in every formula multiple times. I can't even figure out my own formulas, although they do seem...

Can't forward or send e-mails
We just started receiving this message and can't forward or send any e-mails. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'P&S', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Mike Change Port 25 to Port 587 and also disable your AV from scanning your in and outgoing emails -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mike" <Mike@discu...

Outlook folders not saved in users Exchange mailbox store
I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off times but no number and size of messages. Is it possible for a user to configure their account to hide this information? On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:00:56 -0700, jimsmith <jimsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and >size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off >times but no number and size of messages. Is it possibl...

Folder Assistant doesn't work when part of a Distribution List?
I have an Exchange 2003 server, running on a Windows 2003 member server in a Windows 2000 domain. We are using Outlook 2003. We created a Public Folder for messages, and using the Folder Assistant created a rule that replies to the sender of any message with a template. This rule works just fine whenever anyone inside or outside of the organization sends a message directly to the Public Folder. However, when we make the Public Folder a member of a group, and send a message to the group, the message is delivered correctly, but the reply template is never sent. Is there something wrong with th...

Contacts sub-folders
In Outlook 2007 I can create a subfolder hierarchy in the Inbox folder and this structure appears as a TreeView type structure in the left pane. When trying to do the same thing in the Contacts folder although New Folder in the dropdown menu behaves as if you are creating hierachical subfolders and indeed displays the correct hierarchy for previously entered subfolders I end up with a straight list of all Contacts folders in the left pane. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is? TIA Now resolved - please ignore Go>Folder List for anyone whose interested "Jon...