Incoming e-mail doesn't treat hyperlinks correctly

I regularly receive quote inquiry's which include peoples'
email addresses.  In my older version of Outlook Express,
these emails came thru as hyperlinks that I could click on
and have the reply TO: field prefilled with their
address.  In my newsest version of OUTLOOK these email
addresses no longer show up as hyperlinks...why not?
0
anonymous (74717)

What is your "newest version" of Outlook (which isn't the same program as
Outlook Express at all, by the way)?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:00d001c3a09c$53a3ec60$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Kate wrote:

> I regularly receive quote inquiry's which include peoples'
> email addresses.  In my older version of Outlook Express,
> these emails came thru as hyperlinks that I could click on
> and have the reply TO: field prefilled with their
> address.  In my newsest version of OUTLOOK these email
> addresses no longer show up as hyperlinks...why not?

=?Utf-8?Q?E-mails_disappearing_after_hitti?= =?Utf-8?Q?ng_Comcast=E2=80=99s_mail_server=28s=29_-_OP?= =?Utf-8?Q?MLOG.LOG_question?=
Hello, Outgoing emails from Outlook 2007 intermittently do not reach their recipients. I'm no email expert, but based on my OPMLOG.LOG file, Outlook seems to successfully send the message to Comcast's mail servers using SMTP. I'm having a really hard time convincing Comcast to look into this and they keep pointing fingers back at Outlook. I do not believe Outlook is at fault and I strongly doubt that the problem is with the recipients ISPs, as none of them gets the problematic emails and they are on different domains (aol.com, microsoft.com, hotmail.com). The emails show up...

Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"
Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)" change from the mail server I have specified to "local" and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account name" /meMailServerName Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually change it back to original setting so I can get my mail. Shawn This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an...

Exchange 2000: e-mail account does not exist
I was having an issue with a users mailbox that i could not fix (Calendar reminders would never pop up), so i exported the mailbox to a .pst and deleted the mailbox. I created a fresh new mailbox and imported the .pst and now at random people get this message when trying to send email to the mailbox: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <tgp14.blabhlabh.com #5.1.1> This happens both internally and externally and I have not found any...

Restrict Incoming/Outgoing Internet Mail
We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a network account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6 months. She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff - therefore ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to an FTP site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so I am going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages to internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I k...

How do I hyperlink files in a workbook?
I want to link a word document to a hyperlink in excel. I want others to be able to view this document when I e-mail it. When I emal the doc now, others can not open the document because it links to the document on my computer... I am confused -- Mark Mark, I'm afraid that hyperlinks that you define to a specific file and folder on your computer have a specific address and path on your computer. Those links would have to be redefined by each new user to fit their specific computer folders and directories. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "mapberkley" wrote: > I wa...

send webpage by e-mail
After sending a webpage by e-mail using MS IE 6, I received the mail using OL 2003. The pictures in the webpage become whole bunch of .gif attachments and the body is just plain text of the webpage. Please note that I have the following configuration in OL 2003: 1) Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->"Read all standard mail in plain text" unchecked 2) Tools->Options->Security->Change Automatic Download Settings->"Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail" unchecked Please help out, thanks. ...

Windows Mail fails when connecting to AIM.COM mail server
I tried to post this earlier, but I don't see it. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have an HP laptop with Vista as the OS. I use Windows Mail to access my aim.com email. I've used this for over a year. Suddenly, I am getting the following error. I can connect to the aim web mail, so my password, etc is valid and working. This seems to be an SSL error, but I have not changed my configuration of the servers in Windows Mail. Any ideas why this is suddenly occurring? Thanks. -------------Error message below ------------------- The connection to the server has failed....

All incoming email denied
All of a sudden on Saturday, all incoming email is bieng returned "denied" (at least that what the sender is telling me, I have not seen the actual error report). We can send mail internally and externally, but no one can send mail to us. Any ideas, need some place to start. Look at your SMTP logs, see if there is anything usual in the event logs, get a copy of the NDR from an external source. Use your hotmail, gmail.... account to test. Nue "chris" <you@me.com> wrote in message news:uQ4HJAkYGHA.4432@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden on Saturday,...

NDR flooding our mail boxes
NDR flooding our mail boxes Hi all, Single domain one Exchange 2003 SP2 native on windows 2000 SP4. All of a sudden our users are getting flooded with NDR from all sources. In ESM \internet Message Formats\default properties\ advanced tab Allow delivery reports, Allow non-delivery reports are Unchecked. SMPT virtual server all filters are checked. We get 200+ non delivery from system administrator…..in every mail box. Please let me know On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:21:01 -0800, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >NDR flooding our mail boxes > >Hi all, >Single...

Mail Bouncing. Pls help!!!
I am using exchange server 2003. One of my user is facing a strange problem. Once in abt 15-20 days one or two of her mails bounce giving the following error...... The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Rajat Adhikari on 4/12/2004 10:44 PM Remote could not copy the local message to the server for submission.Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. The receipent is also on local network. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!! ...

Hyperlink
Hello I would like to set up a hyperlink on an excel page which mimics clicking the "back" button on the Web menu in Excel. So for example if the user clicks on the hyperlink on sheet1 and goes to cell A10 in sheet2, I would like the user to be able to click on a hyperlink in sheet2 which takes them "back" to the originating cell in sheet1. There are many many different hyperlinks in sheet1 which all take the user to the same cell A10 in sheet2, what we want is the ability to return to the particular originating cell in sheet1. We can get this functionality at the momen...

imputed income
does anyone know how to enter imputed income on a salary stub transaction in money 2002? (or any version for that matter).......i know that i can create/enter the category, but it's not showing on my M2002 tax statements. when i compare my W2 with the amount from the M2002 account the difference is my imputed income. does anyone else have or know how to deal with imputed income?????? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 9/29/2003 See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney...

Search Folder for Internal Mail
I've asked about this on the MS Group, got a reply, but the information didn't help. I want a search folder that finds all unopened mail in the inbox but excludes external mail. I've added the conditions to exclude @ and <> in the sender's address, but it still finds the external mail. I've rearranged this rule many times and I left out the @ which was recommended, but external mail is still found. We just came off of GroupWise where the same conditions were used and the search folder worked. This folder is for one of our executives that can get up to 800 messages a ...

outlook e-mails and address book
I have three e-mail accounts call them 1 2 3. This morning working with Dell thought we had it straight 1 was the default 2 was setup to pass on emails to 1 that means any inmail to 1 and 2 would show up twice in 1 so far ok 3 was by itself so that people who had this as my email coud use it while doing all this i have lost (or they have gone somewhere else) about 7 emails in the inbox and about the same number in the sent. have also lost or disappeared my entire contacts list of aboiut 50 names. Earlier Dell told me that my software contract was over and any other help wo...

Not receiving e-mails 02-28-10
I keep getting the following e-mails even though my e-mail box is just about empty. I have also deleted all my sent and deleted e-mails; A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded. The following is the reason that the message was over quota: Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox Quota Available: 5974 Total Quota: 10240000 That message is coming from your mail server and is referencing the Inbox on the server, not the one in WinMail. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Adv...

Incoming emails are not tracking
I have CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003. I have email tracking turned on. At the moment I am only using the web client to test the system. When I send mail it creates an activity and adds the tracking token just fine. However, when I reply, the emails do go to the users box and forward to the CRM mailbox, but no activities are created, eventhough the token is in tact. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening. It is important that I track incoming emails. Thanks. check event logs on the exchange server...it may be that the router is having a problem contacting the crm server ...

Add hyperlink to List Control Possible?
Hi Friends, I want to add hyperlinks to the list control, but I don't know how. Please help. Currently I can change the font color, making the text underlined, but the problem I have is, how to change the fond color on different words on a single item? All the postings I have found so far relates to changing the font color to the entire item. Thanks. Jiac Check out this article. http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/CListCtrlLink.asp ---------------------------- HyunChul Shin Microsoft MVP - [ Visual C++ ] "ccc" <poohc1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ee9dc460....

Mails Received Have Attachments of the Mail
Problem With Outlook: After a while of outlook (outlook 2002) being open - all mails received in plain text format have a text attachment named <subject of email>.txt This is not an antivirus tool doing this as I turned all these off. It's also not a server issue by the looks of things as I have numerous accounts with different providers and it happens with each account. Any help appreciated! Thanks Tom ...

Forward incoming emails for one account to an external email addre
I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all incoming email to be forwarded to an external account. I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain fully how to do this. Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide? Setup a Contact in your AD forest with the email address of the foreign mail system. Under the advanced setting of the Exchange mailbox add an alternate recipient to the Contact object. Regards, PaulB "samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A59A6E9-C1AE-4297-81AD-D10364847C7...

Additional Attachments on E-mail mailshots
I have prepared an e-mail mailshot on Publisher, but when mailed to some e-mail addresses (eg Hotmail) it appears with all of the images, backgrounds etc as attachments (25 at the last count). I've eliminated a few of these by using the Design Checker feature. Anyone any ideas as to how I avoid the rest. I don't think my customers will be too pleased with loads of attachments. Send the publication as a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here often. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a save as PDF converter: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

can't send to outside e-mail
Some users, apparently those who cannot receive e-mail, cannot send to certain e-mail addresses. I have had automatic e-mails going out every evening for the last four or five years. Our network administrator recently upgraded to windows 2003 server. Since that time e-mails form cetrain users will not be delivered to certain outside e-mail addresses. For these same users some e-mails will be delivered. Please help, I need the e-mail messages and my network administrator does not seem interested in the problem What kind of NDR do you receive? "JoeElla" <JoeElla@discuss...

Mail not visible in outlook #2
Hi sbs 2003 standard. If I go into outlook web access using <ip address>/remote I can see all user created folders under inbox and all emails in them. In outlook however I only see the subfolders under inbox but no mail items in any of them. If I do send/receive I get the following error; Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107):' Could not open the item. Try again. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:19:05 -0000, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >sbs 200...

Incoming junk mail not going to Junk E-Mail folder
Yes, yes, here I am again. I have this situation where the incoming e-mail is not being dropped into the Junk E-Mail folder. The setting is set to low, which is the default, yet all the junk mail which would normally drop into my Junk E-Mail folder ends up in my Inbox. I had this recently and I was searching for a solution, but had not made any changes in days, and then it just started working again. Unfortunately, I had to reformat the drive and reinstall everything and now this has come up again. What fun. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP2 w...

INCOMING
Can Access either alone or with the help of an applet detect an incoming phone call? Thanks DS ...

"A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients"
I'm hoping someone can offer a simple solution for this problem. Thanks much in advance. A local company is running SBS 2003 and has a domain name of "xxx.com" The partners split and the server was kept as "xxx.com" in Active Directory but the email domain was changed to "yyy.com". We couldn't change the Active Directory domain since it's not allowed in SBS 2003. So, DNS is still set up with "xxx.com". Now, when the secretary tries to send email to "oldowner@xxx.com", we receive the message in the subject above. Is there an easy...