Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders

Dear all,

Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual"
search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to
check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders.

The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view
of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail).
Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is
included in the follow up a nd unread search folders.

Thanks for your help in advanced.
Raj

0
rsudra (1)

VPN and Public folders access
Hi all I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group, two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server. All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there username password, this mail server is in another ...

Merging folders in WLM
In OE and Windows Mail all messages went into the Inbox, no matter how many email addresses I had. In WLM they all go into separate folders. I'd like to have things back the way they were. How can I do this? Thanks Sorry, that's the way Windows Live Mail works. You can simulate the older mail client behavior by collapsing all the accounts to one line each, then do all your viewing via Quick View folders, which can be customized quite a bit. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "RobJenk" <...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Settings/Customization
In the outlook client, I am missing the Customization option when I go to Settings. I see everything else and I have the proper permissions. I can get to the Customization option through IE with no problems. Any ideas how to get this to show up for me? Thanks in advance! Customization is only available thru Web Client Pete "RDunlap" <RDunlap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C676979-9B7C-479E-8E65-275A46D97F01@microsoft.com... > In the outlook client, I am missing the Customization option when I go to > Settings. I see everything else and I hav...

Can't set Windlows Live Email or Outlook as default email program
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with the following email programs: * Windows Live Mail * Outlook 2003 * Outlook Express (not used) When I access "Set Program Access and Defaults", and choose Custom, the only e-mail client which is displayed underneath "Choose a default e-mail program" is Outlook Express. Does anyone know why this is, and how I can restore them to the list? Thanks, P. This is because only Outlook Express is included in Windows XP. Use the options within Outlook or Windows Mail to set it as the default. The setting will then change to "Custom" ...

Sending in Outlook from Home
I get an error message something like: "error 0x8004010F: object not found" when trying to send a message from outlook. outlook worked fine before i added an account from sbc and a college alumni association. i have searched for an answer but have found none. does anybody have an idea how to fix this? thanks. ...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

Outlook 2000 on Vista Business
Configuration Scenario 1) A new laptop with Vista Business installed. 2) Under User Account / Manage User Password, I've assigned a *.domainname so that when I map a network drive within the same domain, it will use the stored username and password to access resource. This works in XP without any issue. Problem 1) When I manually assign a map drive, the credential prompt for username and password comes up. Why does this come up even though I have done (2) as above. 2) Also, when opening Outlook 2000, a credential prompt comes up and after typing the username, domain and password,...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Inviting attendees from within Shared calendar in Public Folders
Hi I have Exchange 2003 running. Created a shared calendar in the Public Folders area and would like to invites staff from the AD/Exchange by checking availability etc to a meeting. How can this be done? Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks Sumi ...

Outlook XP Frustrating Behavior
I have a DSL connection and am running Windows XP SP1 and Office XP SP2. When I leave Outlook loaded up for a period of time and I go in later and click the SEND/RECEIVE, it fails to retrieve my email. I close Outlook and open the task manager and see that OUTLOOK.EXE is still running as a process (I think it is a second instance of it). I terminate the process, then reload Outlook, and am able to successfully Secretaries. How is a second copy of Outlook getting loaded?? .. Search this news group or google groups. It has been asked and answered more times than I care to think abo...

Saving Sent CRM Email To Sent Folder
Right now any email that is sent via Outlook using the CRM Email button is NOT saved in the Sent folder of Outlook. Is there a way to have it saved in Outlook along with CRM? Jim What you are actually doing is spawning the crm email interface which does not actually send through outlook at all which is why you don't get it saved in outlook sent items. If you want to save your emails in your sent items then you must open a new email using the OUTLOOK new email button and then press "Track in CRM". This will then save in both places. The limitation to this is that you don...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

Exchange 2003 standard
We are having an Exchange server 2003 standard version. When I try to create a mailbox for a new user, the below message appears: --- The storage group already contains the maximum number of stores allowed ID no: c1034a7a Exchange System Manager --- If needed, I don't have a problem in deleting few users and mailboxes. But how do I do that. I tried deleting couple of mail boxes. Even though I got a message, "deleting messages etc.", I still see those user accounts in exchange. Do I have to run a clean up task? Also what's the max limit for adding users to a standard...

Public folder help please..
I've been tasked with cleaning up our public folders. There are a LOT of disparate folders, some of which probably haven't been touched in years, while others are used daily. My questions are these; What would be the most efficient way of identifying folder owners/managers AND folder users? What would be the most efficient way of backing up the public folders so that they can be restored quickly in the likely event i delete an active one? What's the proper method for doing a public folder restore? We're running Ex2k in native mode. Most users have Outlook2k3. Thanks! ...

IMAP and Outlook 2007
I have a couple of questions about using Outlook with an IMAP email account. I just set it up on our PC (shared between me and my wife but logging in under different profiles). Now, she's been using our ISP's webmail service for some time now as she's been moving between her laptop and this computer. So I decided to configure Outlook for IMAP operation to see if the same email base can be shared between the two or more machines. It auto configured OK (it detected IMAP first). It then downloaded a lot of messages that were stored on the server side of things. I had a l...

Default Data/Log Folder for a SQL Instance?
I know that the default data and log folders for an instance are stored in the registry. I know how to obtain a list of all available SQL Instances on the network using the SqlDataSourceEnumerator static class. But is there a .NET way of getting the default data/log folders for any of the returned instances without accessing the registry of the server the instance resides on? "Joe Cool" <joecool1969@live.com> wrote in message news:da54313f-4aba-4fd7-9390-9b30e58b8422@c36g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I know that the default data and log folders for an instance ...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

outlook express 6.0 in ms 98
I cant seem to delete any of my sent mail messages in Outlook express 6.0 i am operaitng in ms 98..up to 8400 messages now. Please help ! At the risk of being obvious, click on the first item in your sent items folder while holding down the shift key. Then scroll to the bottom and click the last item. That will select them all - or you can use any range you desire. Then just click the delete icon or press the delete button. Once done, you might want to empty the deleted items folder (assuming it doesn't tell you there isn't enough room there and they'll be permanently delete...

Drafts folder moved
The drafts folder on a group mailbox has been moved to be a sub folder under the inbox. Short of recreating a new mailbox, is there any way to move the drafts folder back to where its meant to be ? Exchange 2000 with outlook xp as the clients running on xp. Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the...

Folder Compare/Synch Apps?
I have two PC's, each with about a dozen shares visible on the LAN. I want to compare the shares to see if all files/folders are present on both PCs without having to run the app once for each share. I've been though a half-dozen downloads/trials, but have not found anything. Does anybody have something that works for them? One execution - many shares. I guess comparison and synch would be convenient to have in the same app, but OTOH maybe they are better kept separate to lessen the chances of user error.... -) -- PeteCresswell "(PeteCresswell)" ...

Outlook Favorites Won't Save, Messages wrong on Outlook Today #2
Re-posting a message from a couple of weeks ago, hoping for better luck this time. I have Outlook 2003 running on XP Pro. Original message, with some additional info in brackets: A few days ago, I lost all my favorites. Also, the Messages section on Outlook Today no longer shows the number of unread messages, and if I click on a folder under Messages, nothing happens. For the Favorites, once I add them back in, it works fine until I reboot, and then they are gone again. I do close and re-open Outlook after adding my folders, so it should be saved properly, and it appears to be working w...

Outlook 2007 on Vista: Toolbars and Menus not working
Hi everyone, I'm running MS CRM3.0 through Outlook 2007 on my Vista Business machine. I've run the updates on the server before installing the client. CRM displays ok within Outlook but requires a username/password before opening. The URL is listed in the Trusted Sites of Internet explorer. I've tried entering the URL as http://servername:port but it just lists as http://servername. The CRM menu opens and the buttons on the toolbar highlight and open. However, when I click on something (e.g. Options in the Menu bar) nothing happens. Also, when opening an outlook contact, I used...

How to Sync Outlook 2007
How do I sync Outlook 2007 between a Windows XP Home PC and a Windows 7 Starter Netbook? I need the ability to choose which segments I want to sync (calendar and contacts) so it doesn't try to sync the email section. Thanks! Assuming you use popmail you would need a third party sync tool, Outlook itself has no native method of syncing between two PC's "MicheleERS" <MicheleERS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53B2CA55-FFD0-48EA-AC67-787EB6D02062@microsoft.com... > How do I sync Outlook 2007 between a Windows XP Home PC and a Windows 7 &g...

Sent Items Folder #5
Hello Friends, lately when I send emails out or reply to an email they don't show up in the sent Items folder. I am currently using Outlook 2002 sp2 with Exchange 5.5 sp4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chow. ...

Retrieve Exchange 2007 public folder content
I have Exchange 2007 and a public folder containing mainly Tasks. i need to obtain a collection of this tasks from c# to send an alert by email on the ending of the task schedule (i cannot use the integrated task ending in the public folder). My problem is, how can i query the exchange store to obtain this informations? Do i have to use the OUTLOOK MAPI CLIENT library or the web service of exchange 2007? Can you give me an example? Thank you. Hello Cato, > I have Exchange 2007 and a public folder containing mainly Tasks. i > need to obtain a collection of this tasks f...