include/exclude email account in send/receive

Outlook 2000 had a setting wherein you could include or exclude an email in
the send/receive process. I'm not seeing where that option is in Office
Outlook 2003.

If an certain email address that is listed in an email account setting
doesn't exist the send/receive process fail entirely...for that one and all
other accounts. This doesn't seem normal

What do you mean if an "email address listed in an email account setting
doesn't exist?"
Clarify the problem you hare having.
Automatic polling settings are in Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive
Settings > Define Send/Receive groups...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alan Smithee Jr." <A_Smithee_J@no.email> wrote in message
> Outlook 2000 had a setting wherein you could include or exclude an email
> in the send/receive process. I'm not seeing where that option is in Office
> Outlook 2003.
>
> If an certain email address that is listed in an email account setting
> doesn't exist the send/receive process fail entirely...for that one and
> all other accounts. This doesn't seem normal

0
russval1 (2100)
2/26/2006 4:56:58 PM
Thanks for the info regarding Define Send/Receive groups. That's helpful.

As for the other issue, in order to forward a certain email address to a
Gmail account I had to delete it as an email address in order to forward it
to the Gmail account. So that address that I had set up as an email account
in Outlook didn't really exist anymore. I guess this is how it works. Not
sure.  At any rate because that account was still trying to send/receive
(that's why I wanted to disable it, rather than delete it) Outlook got
"stuck" at that address and wouldn't process the other accounts.
Hopefully this makes some sense.

Forward an email address?
Do you mean forward a message?
Sorry. This just makes no sense.
I would expect that if you manage to get a message stuck in your Outbox,
Outlook will stop polling until you sort it out.
--
> Thanks for the info regarding Define Send/Receive groups. That's helpful.
>
> As for the other issue, in order to forward a certain email address to a
> Gmail account I had to delete it as an email address in order to forward
> it to the Gmail account. So that address that I had set up as an email
> account in Outlook didn't really exist anymore. I guess this is how it
> works. Not sure.  At any rate because that account was still trying to
> send/receive (that's why I wanted to disable it, rather than delete it)
> Outlook got "stuck" at that address and wouldn't process the other
> accounts.
> Hopefully this makes some sense.

0
russval1 (2100)
2/26/2006 6:18:04 PM
> Sorry. This just makes no sense.

OK. Thanks anyway.

Sending in Outlook from Home
I get an error message something like: "error 0x8004010F: object not found" when trying to send a message from outlook. outlook worked fine before i added an account from sbc and a college alumni association. i have searched for an answer but have found none. does anybody have an idea how to fix this? thanks. ...

Can't set Windlows Live Email or Outlook as default email program
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with the following email programs: * Windows Live Mail * Outlook 2003 * Outlook Express (not used) When I access "Set Program Access and Defaults", and choose Custom, the only e-mail client which is displayed underneath "Choose a default e-mail program" is Outlook Express. Does anyone know why this is, and how I can restore them to the list? Thanks, P. This is because only Outlook Express is included in Windows XP. Use the options within Outlook or Windows Mail to set it as the default. The setting will then change to "Custom" ...

Route incoming email form a company
Hi, My questions is the following. Is there a way to route all emails coming from say Company A to a certain individual in the our company? Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?YXBlcmVpcmE=?=" <apereira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:953E87C9-8AE2-4FCB-B067-3607C27F6694@microsoft.com: > Is there a way to route all emails coming from say Company A to a > certain individual in the our company? You could probably do this with an event sink. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

Listening to email attachements with audio
I opened an email with a (.wmv) My Windows media player gave me this error message. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. What am I doing wrong? Would appreciate any help. In news:17411BBA-9F02-4BCC-95A1-5CD32AA75A19@microsoft.com, Alawton <Alawton@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I opened an email with a (.wmv) > > My Windows media player gave me this error message. > > Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might >...

Meeting acceptance notification has wrong email-id
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007. I am sending a meeting request to a colleague. When he accepts the meeting, I get a acceptance notification. Problem is, in Outlook Inbox view pane, I see that the acceptance is from my own email ID. I expect to see my colleagues ID. However, the "From:" field in the Internet header is still my colleagues email-id. How do I fix this? Thanks. ...

How do I keep 2 email addresses separate?
How can I open Outlook and keep the mail for one email address separate from athe mail in a second email address in my account? I try to make this simple on my computer. First I click on Outlook Today - [Personal Folders] and then click on File / New / Folder (Ctrl-Shift-E) and create a folder to hold my messages from another email address. I'm going to assume you have already established the second email account. Now click the Rules Wizard icon, followed by clicking New to insert a new rule. Start by creating a rule from a template and choose Move Messages based on Content. Cli...

Cannot send emails...
Hi guys I've just installed Outlook 2003. Configured my Pop account, and not having any problems receiving emails. My problem is with sending emails. When I click the Send button, my emails goes straight to the Outbox. If I click the Send/Receive button straight away, the email is sent. If I click the Outbox before clicking the Send/Receive button, the email in the Outbox is rendered useless. I am unable to send that email no matter what I do. Any idea what this is happening? I've checked all the settings, and they seem to be OK. I've not activated Outlook yet, could thi...

Font Size email
I cannot seem to change the font size in the preveiw pane or the message window in outlook. I have looked over every option thoroughly and still cannot change it. It is a very small font. I can change the headers and rows but nothing else. In outlook express it is easy to change.Can anyone help? Thanks, Kurt Gibson ...

email macro #2
Hi, I want to add a 'send this sheet' button to an excel-sheet so that after completing an excel-sheet the customer can send it automatically back to me, without have to do 'complex' email operations. Can some one help me with this one? Kind regards, Eric Eric, Have a look at Ron de Bruin's site here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Eric27&qu...

Account Balance after Merging Accounts(2005)
I merged my "checking" account with the account I setup in MSN Bill Pay. The two accounts had different names and I did not know how to select my existing "checking" account as the account to be used for MSN Bill Pay. After merging the two accounts I have a bank balance of $500(from my "checking" account)and an adjusted balance of $200. My MSN Bill Pay account had no transaction entries when merging with the "checking" account. I don't understand how I could have an adjusted balance of $200 since there where no bank entries in my MSN Bill Pay ...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Email truncation help needed
A co-worker is my office receives truncated email text when I or someone else sends her an email. The same email can be sent to me without any truncation occurring. We all have the same version of Outlook 2002 and IE 6.0. Any ideas on what's happening & how to fix it? Thanks ...

sender email address...
Good days. I have got a problem... my company running an exchange 2003 server. and that I can send and receive without problem..e.g. me@abc.com Then, I have got an email account, say me@cba.com. all the incoming mail will be forward to me@abc.com. I can receive all without problem. When I want to reply email original to me@cba.com, I want to use me@cba.com as the sender address. but that the exchange server not allow that... how can I set exchange server to allow sender address as me@cba.com? thanks. oh... maybe making my problem more clearly. The outlook cannot send mail out with se...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Junk emails
I keep receiving messages with attachements to them. I receive many maessage from people I do no know and Outlook blocks them. It is has if somebody had access to an address book and sends email to everybody. How can we stop that You can't stop it since it is virus activity on a machine other than your own. You can download SpamBayes and use it to start filtering these mails. You don't say what version of Outlook you are using but 2003 does a pretty good job of filtering these mails for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

Exchange 2003 email filtering
I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If possible I would like to use some type of whitelist and have the ability to apply the setting based on some type of group membership. Any suggestions? Thanks. Adam Choose one of many antispam products. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598308BA-F410-4C60-B063-2AB31D709EFC@microsoft.com... >I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If > possi...

copy contents including colour
Hi In cells A1:B73 I have a list of contacts which are colour coded. What I want to be able to do is to be able to enter the name of 1 of the contacts in lets say G1 and it will search for that name in A1:B73 and automatically copy its colour code over. Many thanks for any help. Al Hi, I'm assuming that the colour codeing isn't a result of conditional formatting and it's simply a fill colour. To do this you need VB. Alt+F11 to open vb editor. Double click the worksheet that this data are on and paste the code in on the right. Close VB editor and type your name...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Include a button on toolbar to include/exclude original text when.
When replying/forwarding a message you must go to thru several screens to change your base setting or highlight and delete the message. Add an optional button that would allow you to include/exclude as each message is opened for reply/forwarding. ...

Renaming user account and accessing old account named mail
Using W2K3 server and Exchange 2K3. I need to rename a users account. First I'd like to know the proper way to do it. Is right clicking and choosing rename the most appropriate and will it change the name in all the necessary places (display, etc). Or should I go to properties and modify the name on the general tab, the modify the name on the Exchange General tab and then on the account tab? Second, once the account has been renamed, where will the e-mail from the prevous account be? Will it show up in the inbox of the new account? Understand - all you are doing in essence is chang...

email trouble
When typing a email I have these symbols that look like two straight lines with a curved top that I can't get rid of, what have I done. "Sherry" <Sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22DE63C5-5034-4CFF-9009-AA636886DD96@microsoft.com... > When typing a email I have these symbols that look like two straight lines > with a curved top that I can't get rid of, what have I done. When you hit enter? Control-Shift-8 Otherwise, what version of Outlook? What do you type to get the character? -- f.h. ...

#include
Is there a way I can view a text version of my files AFTER the #includes have been processed? I tried using the different switches I found in the documentation for use with cl.exe, but I seem to get everything except what I'm looking for. Example Follows this is what I have before:********************************** //NoClass.h (header file class NoClas void DoSomething() //NoClass.cpp (implementation file #include "NoClass.h CWinSomething *pwsSomething this is what I'm trying to see after:************************************ //NoClass.cpp (implementation file //No...

Email activities not appearing in History
We have found that when sharing a contact or account with another user email activities are not visible in History for the contact or account. Scenario: User A is the owner of a contact/Account, User B has organisation level access to accounts and contacts but only user level access to activities. User A shares a contact/Account with User B, all activities created by user A appear in the history for the Contact/Account but the email activity does not. Anyone come across this? ...