inbox won't update or alert new messages

In office outlook 2003, it won't notify me of any new
emails with my msn email acct. The only way to see new
emails is to switch from inbox to junk folder and back
and forth, otherwise it is frozen. The sound alerts don't
work and the email icon on the toolbar doesn't change
when there is new mail. (p.s. under tools and accts. all
the correct things are checked)
..

0
jhslaven (1)

Applies to Outlook 2002 and earlier and may not have been updated to include
Outlook 2003:

OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use
the Network Address Translation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, j slaven asked:

| In office outlook 2003, it won't notify me of any new
| emails with my msn email acct. The only way to see new
| emails is to switch from inbox to junk folder and back
| and forth, otherwise it is frozen. The sound alerts don't
| work and the email icon on the toolbar doesn't change
| when there is new mail. (p.s. under tools and accts. all
| the correct things are checked)
| .

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

sevice packs not included in windows update??
I am running windows vista home premium and have had to reinstall. When going through the windows update the service packs dont show up. do i need to download and install manualy? -- smills98823 Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service packs are not available for installation through Windows Update: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5 smills98823 wrote: > I am running windows vista home premium and have had to reinstall. When > going through the windows update the service packs dont show up. do i > need to download and install manualy? >...

Test Message
2009/12/19 10:38:15 ...

Can't update credit card after SP2
I have Money 2007 Premier and XP SP2. Before updating Money, I could pull info from two Capital One accounts. Now, both fail, usually with no info other than suggestions to try again or contact customer service. However, on the last try, one account was reported as having trouble at the 'bank'. I found a somewhat relevant article in on-line help but can't get back to it. It did mention repairing the file; I tried this and it reported no errors in the file. Thanks for any suggestions. John In microsoft.public.money, jj wrote: >I have Money 2007 Premier and XP SP2. &g...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

Message Rules 02-26-10
OE allowed for message rules. Does WLM have anything compared to this? Yep. They work exactly the same way. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "tooh" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message news:01B3F764-5514-458C-B0C9-F524A7304A4C@microsoft.com... > OE allowed for message rules. Does WLM have anything compared to this? Tools - Message Rules . . . . If you don't see the Menu bar with Tools on it, click on the Menu icon next to the "?" icon at the top right of the main WLM screen and select "Show M...

New Sharepoint site cannot be found
I have a new install of SBS 2008 premium and I created a new web application in sharepoint. It created fine but when I try to goto the webpage it says, "The webpage cannot be found." How can I fix that. Please advise and thanks. ...

transfer money 2003 program to a new computer
i want to transfer money 2003 to a new computer. can i just use the old cd and put it in the new computer and install it or does microsoft require anything to be done like uninstall etc i would like it on both computers can i do this or do i have to take it off the old one? You can just install from the CD on the new computer. This will **not transfer your data**. Unless one machine is a notebook and the other a desktop and you use them per the license agreement, you are not licensed to have Money installed on both machines at once. Whether or not you let this stop you, I leave to your cons...

Delete From New Mail Alerts?
Is it possible to delete messages from both the New Mail Alert window and also the Open window (when clicking Open in the New Mail Alert the highlighted single message that will appear) I receive alot of email and it would be far easier if I could delete from this feature rather than having to go back into the Message pane find the messages and delete from there. Thank you I think there's a delete icon in the alert window that you can try using "dogsnack" <dogsnack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A811413E-5845-45D0-808B-EF00EF7808DE@microsoft.com... ...

Auto update kills all office applications
Microsoft Office just autoupdated, and now I can't open any Microsoft Office Programs (use Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). The icon will jump once (in the dock) and then stop. Tried deleting Microsoft preferences Also tried repairing disk permissions Details about my Mac are as follows: Model Name: MacBook Pro 15" Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 1 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B01 SMC Version:...

Duplicate message box
Hi... Can u pls.anybody suggest for my below query..? My query is.... I set Primary key for 4 field together as i need to check duplicate values for these 4 field. When i enter the data into the form, it restricts to enter the duplicate values by giving the below message. "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index,primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields thagt contain duplicate data,remove the index,or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again." But, i ne...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Multiple Muliselect Listbox form update
Hello, I am trying to work though getting multiple muliselect listboxes to work. Got the first one to work but I can't get the second one to work. They are going to be cascading to filter a subform. my code that doesn't work is: Private Sub BarType_Click() Dim MyDB2 As Database Dim qdf2 As QueryDef Dim i2 As Integer, strSQL2 As String Dim strwhere2 As String, strIN2 As String Dim ctl2 As Control Dim frm2 As Form Dim varItm2 As Variant sDocName2 = "BarInquiry SearchBarTypes" Set MyDB2 = CurrentDb() Set frm2 = Forms!BarInquiry Set ctl2 = frm2!BarType ...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

After Redeploying CRM1.2 to a new domain,CRM alsways asks for a password!
Hi, After redeploying CRM to a new domain using MS Crm redeployment wizard and follow all instructions. When trying to run CRM from the CRM server itself by writing( http://localhost). it alsways asks for a password. At first Microsoft CRM was installed on a different server (W2000). Now it is installed on another server (W2003) service pack 1 . And the server keeps asking any time a users needs to Access Microsoft CRM. Also when open deployment manager, then user manager and click users, It gives an error message "The specified Microsoft CRM is not available, It might happen if it is ...

Updatable SPROC on sub form
I have a subform that has a sproc as it's record source. To display the needed fields, I have to use a SELECT statement within my subform sproc that includes an inner join. Is it possible to update a sproc on a sub form that contains joins? To test it, I got rid of the join within the subform's sproc and had a simple SELECT from a single table and it seemed to work. I was wondering if sql/access has a limitation on updating sprocs that contain table joins? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. ...

Style 401 global customer update
Hello, This has been going on for awhile, and maybe it's normal, but I thought I'd see if something isn't a little off. We are running HQ with 3 stores. All customers are global. We have around 3300 customer in the database. When a 401 is ran, it's updating roughly 1800 customers at every store (we don't have 1800 customers doing stuff with their accounts on a daily basis either). I understand the update if a customer has visited the store, or changed their address, but a lot of these customers haven't had changes made to their account and yet they are being...

online update #4
When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which have to be matched. BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went back to 2003 and show a $16,000 error. I was able to restore from backup but afraid to allow online updates again. Any clues to what went wrong? We need more information: How is the download coming in? - By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what is the file type: OFX or QIF?) - Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party" download? If you don't know, what bank ...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

where is the Outlook update?
Can someone send me the link to the Outlook update that was publicized to pop up when user receives an email with an attachment? When I slipstreamed Office 2k to integrate service pack 2, now I can't install the latest Office updates. Thanks :) ...

What is the meaning of "No new font may be applied in this workbo.
When updating each of chart data series in a workbook, the message "No new font may be applied in this workbook" appears prior to changing data series. What did I do to prompt this message, how do I correct? Your charts are probably set to use font autoscaling, which uses twice the font resources as not autoscaling. In the font dialog, there's a checkbox for Auto scale, which should be unchecked. This is a pain to fix if you have enough charts to cause the warning, but I have some VBA procedures on the following page to fix an existing condition, and a registry hack to p...

Update list box
I have a form to update a list box. Everything works well but the user must hit "enter" after imputing a new item or the value will not be updated in the list box. All edits to list box work, but new fields require the "enter" key to be pressed. How can I program the "enter" key in VB in a close button. So far I have tried the following: Private Sub Command4_Click() DoCmd.Restore Forms("frmVictim").lstVictim.Requery DoCmd.Close End Sub I'm unclear on what you are trying to do... Listboxes are predefined lists of items... why would...

Re: need help with an Outlook update
Because when trying to update Office, it is telling me that I need this update. This might be why I am unable to block attachments. I've done all the customization on the server, but attachments are not being blocked, and I think it's because these updates are not applied. ~Alissa >-----Original Message----- >Why are you adding that update? It is for Outlook 2000, not Outlook 2002. > >-- >Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP >Author of > Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for > Administrators, Power Users, and Developers > http://www.outlookc...

9.0 SP3 and 2007 year-end tax update
Our client installed SP3 which is suppose to have the 2007 tax year-end however the date of the last tax year-end update still shows last year. Is there another step or are they ok if SP3 was installed successfully? If you go to tools --> setup --> payroll --> payroll the date should be 11/14/2007. The tax tables are downloaded from the menu. -- Charles Allen, MVP "MES" wrote: > Our client installed SP3 which is suppose to have the 2007 tax year-end > however the date of the last tax year-end update still shows last year. Is > there another step or are...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Windows Live Alerts > Junk Mail?
This is almost too funny... I receive daily alerts from my Windows Live Calendar... but they all end up in my Windows Live Mail junk folder. I've white-listed "alerts@live.com" to "Safe Senders" and checked the "Blocked Senders" list... but I can't seem to stop these messages from hitting the junk folder. Any suggestions? Is this a Hotmail account? Is the account pop3? If it is http, then Hotmail could be putting the emails in the online Hotmail junk folder. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Magnus" <magnus@inv...